rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying a Car in Europe

Buying a Car in Europe

Cars are DHVs, in any country. Especially in EE where it shows you are financially secure. Plus, there are a lot of smaller places worth travelling to and made easier by car. Makes scheduling meetups easier.

Anyone have experience getting a used car here? What are some inexpensive and reliable models? (I hear good things about Citroen, Peugot).

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 12:39 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Cars are DHVs, in any country. Especially in EE where it shows you are financially secure. Plus, there are a lot of smaller places worth travelling to and made easier by car. Makes scheduling meetups easier.

Anyone have experience getting a used car here? What are some inexpensive and reliable models? (I hear good things about Citroen, Peugot).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Auto

czech out skoda. you see lots of these around. don't know if they are cheap or not.

Buying a Car in Europe

old hondas (from early 90s to late 90s) are also awesome for getting solid cars at a cheap price. some of the most long lasting vehicles you can find.

Buying a Car in Europe

yes, very reliable. bur, aren't hondas pricey?
my budget is around 5,000 usd

I think the european brands may be cheaper, yes?

mobile.de has some good examples of cars

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 03:48 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

yes, very reliable. bur, aren't hondas pricey?
my budget is around 5,000 usd

I think the european brands may be cheaper, yes?

mobile.de has some good examples of cars

early to late 90s hondas are CHEAP. You could find something for half of your budget.

take a look on craigslist in a US city for a honda civic or accord in any year in the 90s.

Buying a Car in Europe

1996 honda crx 1.6
w/ 185k miles
2500 usd (price negotiable)

You're right, not bad at all. I roll up in one of these and girls will notice. (2500 is a years salary for many here)

Hell, its a nice looking car. Even many US girls would appreciate it...most college kids don't have cars either.
---------------
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/hon...LSO_EXPORT

Buying a Car in Europe

Try brands owned by other brands: Seat and Skoda have Volkswagen engines, but they are cheaper; same with Dacia and Renault.

Buying a Car in Europe

What kind of player rolls in a Dacia or a Skoda? No self-respecting gold-digger would give you the time of day with such a car.
And for the non-gold-digger, it does not matter if you have a car or not.

In my opinion it's much better for one in your position, Spartan, to rent a car when you need to travel then to buy one. The hassle of buying, registering, insuring, and maintaining a car is not a small one even for locals, and if you are not a local it's x2 or x3.

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 06:41 AM)K-man Wrote:  

What kind of player rolls in a Dacia or a Skoda? No self-respecting gold-digger would give you the time of day with such a car.

I [Image: lol.gif] my ass off here

My advice BMW E46 3 series with diesel engine (lower exploitation cost) , or Audi A3 1.9 TDI , and the girls will respond more than to any Citroen or Peugot

Buying a Car in Europe

And for the non-gold-digger, it does not matter if you have a car or not.

In my opinion it's much better for one in your position, Spartan, to rent a car when you need to travel then to buy one. The hassle of buying, registering, insuring, and maintaining a car is not a small one even for locals, and if you are not a local it's x2 or x3.

Actually, I'd register it in the EU, and I'm a local there according to the law.

Yeah, I guess its not really meant to impress the ladies, but it would still be fun to be able to drive around Europe.

Also, trains are a hassle at times...I've had to sleep at train stations because I was waiting for the next train. Last time I had to deal with a drunk dude with a knife...not as dangerous as it sounds, but I has to listen to his dumb conversation. At this very moment, I'm in a train with a mentally ill hobo who talks to himself. ...and I almost got off in Jarosław by mistake, the train conducter let me know I was making a mistake by swearing at me...at least he let me know [Image: smile.gif]

I think there are a lot of unexplored villages and towns worth checking out. A cheap used car on the US would be a waste because everything is so far apart...but here its a short ride to another country and lots of history to explore and girls to meet.

I guess its worth seeing how much insurance costs, look at fuel prices, etc.

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 07:25 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

I think there are a lot of unexplored villages and towns worth checking out. A cheap used car on the US would be a waste because everything is so far apart...but here its a short ride to another country and lots of history to explore and girls to meet.

True.

I spent a month driving all over Belarus and Poland and saw places that would quite frankly have been impossible to get to without my own wheels or I would simply not have known about had I not have been able randomly explore with my own wheels. Having your own car is the ideal situation when traveling to the sticks but you have to understand that unless you are in a top of the range sports car women wont give a shit even in a third tier shit hole. Better to invest in great quality clothing and renting a decent pad in the centre then an average car IF your prime aim is women IMO.

K-Man made a great point about hiring a car when you need one. +1

Buying a Car in Europe

Car brings freedom. Keep also in mind that hitchhiking girls is a quite sight common in parts of Europe during summer and especially in some parts of EE where money is tight and local hitchhiking is part of a money-is-tight culture. So once they are in your car you can approach all you want [Image: idea.gif]

Moreover, a couple of years ago in an economically depressed area of EE I picked up these two young cuties and before long they offered themselves for fun. The price list was 10 EU for a blow, 30 for "any way you want it", and 50 for both of them at the same time. I didn't go for it because a) I don't P4P as a rule b) they were a bit too young for me c) I require a bit more of a thrill of a chase. Anyway, I asked them about why are they doing that and they said they are saving money to go on the seaside party vacation with their friends. I also asked why solicit while hitchhiking and they said because they can informally evaluate a potential client first (without him knowing) and because it is anonymous in a sense that their friends and neighbors and families will never find out as to what kind of extracurricular activities they are up to.

Buying a Car in Europe

American guys tend to overvalue the importance of cars in Europe. It's actually in the US that a car is most critical. I had a girl dump me after a successful date when she learned I didn't have a car (granted my cover story was that I lived in town). That has never happened to me anywhere else in the world.

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 06:21 AM)Hawk Wrote:  

Try brands owned by other brands: Seat and Skoda have Volkswagen engines, but they are cheaper; same with Dacia and Renault.

You won't make an impression driving one of those.

Go for a German car and buy it there. 5k US should buy you a good beamer or audi A3

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Buying a Car in Europe

Car is almost useless in FSU except in the big cities like Peter,Moscow.

Buying a Car in Europe

hmm .... BMW z3 looks nice,
as do a lot of others

seems like it would be fun driving around.
diesel engines sound good too

Buying a Car in Europe

What harms you is not that you do not have a car but that you do not have a job.

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 01:50 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

hmm .... BMW z3 looks nice,
as do a lot of others

seems like it would be fun driving around.
diesel engines sound good too

if you're a girl...no guy should be rolling in a z3, upscale miata. Way better beamer or audi choices.

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote: (08-28-2012 02:41 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

if you're a girl...no guy should be rolling in a z3, upscale miata. Way better beamer or audi choices.

I agree BMW Z3/AUDI TT/ Mazda MX-5 are fun to drive, but you look pretty ridiculous driving it

Buying a Car in Europe

Quote:Quote:

You won't make an impression driving one of those.

Wrong. So wrong:

Dacia turned from a crappy brand under communism into a full respectable, top selling car maker. It is Renault but with another name. Their SUV (Duster) is a huge hit around the globe and is said to compete with Landrover. If you don't mind for the bells and whistles and excessive luxury this is your budget car to show off.

[Image: duster-01.jpg]

[Image: dacia-duster2-thumb2.jpg] concept dacia duster 2

they even had the funniest ad (which was banned in the UK)

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Buying a Car in Europe

Sorry but your not going to impress any real hotties with a $5k BMW or Audi in Europe.

Guys who drive those cars are douche bags.

Buy yourself a nice Fiat 500 or Mini Cooper if you want to be "in"

Buying a Car in Europe

So z3 is not good ? Why is that a girl car? Didn't it feature in a James Bond film?

I mean, if not that, whats a nice sporty looking car that looks good and is at least somewhat reliable?

Buying a Car in Europe

Dude, are you joking here or not?

You really think you will impress quality girls with a BMW z3? How old are you? 17?

If you want to "impress" girls with your car (gold diggers) then you'll have to spend more than $5,000, think about $30,000 up to $100,000 and more

anything below that would just be a car that will bring you from A to B , that's it. don't think you will impress any chick with a cheap $5,000 car, that's ridicilous.

Buying a Car in Europe

Hairyballs, I want a nice car for myself... no need to impress people. I already have enough money to live comfortably...now I'm working on my game. Keep your negativity yourself.
(ps UKR doctors earn less than 4k per year)

My question still stands, if a Z3 is a bad idea, whats better? I remember the Z3 being in a Bond movie and thought it was cool, though admittedly I know little about cars. What about Jaguars? Also a good sporty look..

Buying a Car in Europe

Dude, i'm not being negative here, it's just the truth. Don't think you will impress chicks with a $5,000 car to impress chicks unless your aiming at 18 yr old kiddies. This is not a negative comment, it's the truth.