rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

I tried to do some research but there is very little info out there on Portland Oregon. I think I may be taking a job there soon and wanted to know a little about the city. Does anyone have any data on the nightlife and girls?

Portland, Oregon

Almost the nightlife is downtown, mainly in Old Town/chinatown area (pubs, clubs, etc), around 23rd Avenue, and Pearl District (more bars and chill stuff). Its extremely cliquey in Portland, its a small city but then you get those types that think they're in bigger city and act accordingly, you'll run into the same people and people gossip alot and word gets around. When I go back, we usually barhop around, maybe go to the Departure Lounge at the nines hotel or some lounges/bars in the Pearl district like Henry's, etc. The girls are not all granola albinos despite what the media and Tom Leykis would make you think. There are a lot of asians and a lot of white girls in the portland nightlife scene who come downtown from the suburbs.

That being said, I'd live downtown in a condo versus the burbs....the eastside is pretty cool, a bit hipster..kind of what you would see on Portlandia, but I dig that vibe too and they have great food, beers and public transit.

Portland, Oregon

Manly girls, girly men, and great beer and public transportation.

Portland, Oregon

I was there for a few nights recently. I had a great time despite the fact that I got no action. the food was fantastic and I saw a lot of nice looking girls.

the women were dressed a bit plainer than I would have liked, but I think that is a northwest thing.

Portland, Oregon

What sort of game works well with the women? Have you guys heard of or had much first hand success there?

I will be getting a nice condo downtown if I end up taking this job. I'm hoping to get close to a strip so I can be an easy walk home for my company and I.

So there are a lot of white and Asian women? Are the Asians mostly philipinas? Is there a decent population of Russians or anything like Sacramento?

Portland, Oregon

Quote: (08-27-2012 01:15 AM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

What sort of game works well with the women? Have you guys heard of or had much first hand success there?

I will be getting a nice condo downtown if I end up taking this job. I'm hoping to get close to a strip so I can be an easy walk home for my company and I.

So there are a lot of white and Asian women? Are the Asians mostly philipinas? Is there a decent population of Russians or anything like Sacramento?

There are Russians in Sacramento!?

My take on Portland is consistent with what others have said. I would add that it's in your best interest to have a hipster or rocker vibe, a fratty or businessman vibe won't do you any favors there.

Portland, Oregon

So Northwestern girls are on average more plain and masculine? In a big way, or they just lean that way? Any idea what kinds of girls you see with musicians?

Portland, Oregon

If you're going to downtown bars, the frat/alpha male kind of vibe works there. they pack everyone into small venues and there are lines, door drama, etc etc etc....almost too crowded at the popular venues. There are more chill places too. But as I said, one's social circle is huge in PDX.

Everyone is dialed in to a social network though, at those places its hard to roll solo IMO. Then again, I only come a few times per year there. there are a lot of different venus.

Most of the asians are vietnamese. There are some filipinas, thai, etc but IIRC most are vietnamese.

Portland, Oregon

Avoid Portland at all cost. I lived there for 2 years and was just there 3 weeks ago. Seattle is 1000X better. Trust me on this.

TD [/align]

Portland, Oregon

Quote: (08-28-2012 08:53 AM)truedat Wrote:  

Avoid Portland at all cost. I lived there for 2 years and was just there 3 weeks ago. Seattle is 1000X better. Trust me on this.

TD [/align]

Can you expand on that?

Portland, Oregon

I live in Portland on the East side. Don't move to the west side, Beaverton area. Downtown is fun lived there a while. NW area is cool lots of great food and beer. Hawthorne, Belmont and the Mississippi areas are really cool also.
We are not all hipsters. Portland has lots of different people everyone seems to fit in most everywhere.
I find NW women allot friendlier sexually than East Coast women.

Portland, Oregon

Also Portland has allot of strip clubs all over the place. Most are full nude and full bars. Some even have decent food lol. Most have great happy hours. 3 or 4 dollar micro brews.
Depending on your lifestyle places like Departure suck. Only place in Portland I have been that made me feel like I was back in an east coast bar.
Portland has a great laid back attitude towards everything.

Portland, Oregon

Without sounding too negative, any city with a high strip club/to population ratio has some issues IMO (Portland has a ton of them). If easy high quality pussy was abundant then they simply would not exist. If you are going to move there, def check it out first because I doubt you would like it unless you came from an even more pussy oppressed location like the East coast, in which case it 'might' be a step up as the previous poster said.

The glaring difference between Seattle and Portland is people dont mix very well there. Black ppl, Asians, Mexicans might all be in the same venue, but they stay in their set for the most part. You will see 10 hot Asian chicks rolling with 13 Asian dudes. In Seattle everyone seems a lot more open minded and Its a lot easier to talk to people there. Of course not everyone is friendly everywhere, but you will see a huge difference.

Try this first. Go to Capitol Hill in Seattle on Friday then drive down to Portland and go to 2nd and Burnside on Saturday. Let us know if you see a huge difference.

TD

Portland, Oregon

Though there is much more to consider when moving then just pussy. Cost of living, climate, does the place offer activities a person likes to do. There really is no city in America worth moving to for the women.

Portland, Oregon

Not to be rude but can we leave Seattle out of it? The opportunity I have is a very good one, a 1 year contract in Portland. Not Seattle! If I truly had my choice I wouldn't even be in the region. And FYI I am from the East Coast and though I have never been to Portland I would bet that it doesn't have near the discrimination I saw on a daily basis growing up where I did.

OregonZiggy, can you throw me out a couple streets of bars and what sort of vibes they have? I do try to stay out of the strip clubs the best I can unless I'm in a fun, mixed crew. If I choose to go my budget for a condo would be up to the range of 2k and It looks like I could get a pretty nice place on that downtown. I really want to make sure I am in the right spot. Thanks man

Portland, Oregon

Quote: (08-26-2012 11:20 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

Almost the nightlife is downtown, mainly in Old Town/chinatown area (pubs, clubs, etc), around 23rd Avenue, and Pearl District (more bars and chill stuff). Its extremely cliquey in Portland, its a small city but then you get those types that think they're in bigger city and act accordingly, you'll run into the same people and people gossip alot and word gets around. When I go back, we usually barhop around, maybe go to the Departure Lounge at the nines hotel or some lounges/bars in the Pearl district like Henry's, etc. The girls are not all granola albinos despite what the media and Tom Leykis would make you think. There are a lot of asians and a lot of white girls in the portland nightlife scene who come downtown from the suburbs.

That being said, I'd live downtown in a condo versus the burbs....the eastside is pretty cool, a bit hipster..kind of what you would see on Portlandia, but I dig that vibe too and they have great food, beers and public transit.

The Pearl District is where I have been looking for condos. What sort of nightlife is better in your opinion between Pearl, old town, and 23rd? Maybe not better but what sort of vibes? I am sort of a country boy at heart who lived 2 hours from an international airport until I was 18, 27 now. I like to get a little goofy when drinking and I'm definitely not big into materialism. I'm worried I will run into a lot of materialistic people in the Pearl District bars.

Portland, Oregon

Hawthorne Mississippi and Belmont are very cool. Good mix.

Portland, Oregon

Old Town is more "bros" and a frat house vibe. There's no where to live there really or anywhere you would want to anyways so that's probably out the window.

Pearl District is pretty chill, IMO its the best of both worlds. Its pretty yuppie and faux urban lumberjack-esque though so if that bugs you, you probably won't dig it. But its probably ideal since its between old town and 23rd and pioneer courthouse square as well. And the Street Car rail goes right through there so it'd be good if you want to catch a Timbers or Blazers game. I mean its clean, near nightlife, Powells books is right there, whole foods, its a lot easier to find parking for visitors, etc....you won't really feel like you're in Oregon though....23rd is more that vibe.

South Waterfront, I have relatives that have a condo there...its pretty sweet but its a bit far of a walk from any decent nightlife.

Portland, Oregon

Pearl is cool. I use the 24 Hour Fitness there. Personally there are so many cool pockets of places in Portland. As I mentioned earlier, Belmont, Mississippi, Alberta and Hawthorne have some really great places to kick back have some good food and beer. No one is in a rush, so spending hours at a place is fine.

Portland, Oregon

Quote: (08-28-2012 05:47 PM)oregonziggy Wrote:  

Though there is much more to consider when moving then just pussy. Cost of living, climate, does the place offer activities a person likes to do. There really is no city in America worth moving to for the women.

Oh. I thought this was a pussy forum. My bad.

TD

Portland, Oregon

Yeah, you'd get sick of the nightlife pretty fast there. Just so many games, the same people, etc. If I could live in PDX, I'd probably live in the Hawthorne neighborhood to be honest. but for swooping and bar culture, i would be hard pressed to find a better area than the pearl. especially if you're only there a year.

Portland, Oregon

It is a pussy forum, but the questions were not all directed at jjust hooking up.

Portland, Oregon

Vice article: "Portland’s Iconic Old Town Chinatown Is Overflowing with Human Shit"

http://m.vice.com/read/portlands-iconic-...human-shit

Quote:Quote:

Most of the city’s social services are on or around West Burnside Street, the main artery cutting through Old Town Chinatown. With shelters, missions, and soup kitchens come areas of vagrancy, drug use, and overall shadiness. Everybody poops, but not everybody has a private place to slink away and drop a deuce, so the human shit piles up in alleyways, under bridges, and in public parks.

On any given weekday, Old Town Chinatown’s homeless issue is painfully obvious. The barren streets are dotted with transients lining the blocks. Alcoves are filled with bedrolls, shopping carts, and drooling junkies. But reconciling residents’ frustration with vagrancy and their proud progressivism is nearly impossible. Every year, Portland spends about $30 million on homeless resources, making it a mecca for transients. According to a 2013 report issued by the city, almost a third of people on the streets have been in Portland for less than two years, and 60 percent of that group were homeless when they arrived.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Portland, Oregon

My observations:

1) The women here are generally quite overweight, partly due to the microbrew culture. If you absolutely MUST be an alcoholic then Absolut (pun intended) is better than microbrew. Beer has about as many calories of starches as it does in ethanol.

2) Woo. If you are at all committed to a rational, scientific mindset there are a lot of things you will need to learn not to say. Basically, almost all the women here are into naturopathy, organic this and that, and various aspects of "alternative medicine" such as Reiki, Tarot, Chiropractic, and crystals. A lot of these women are quite hot (not the beer culture fatties) but eventually it will get wearying to keep your mouth shut about the fact that you see no scientific evidence for this stuff.

3) Tats and piercings: the women here pride themselves on not owning cars. This of course, DOES help reduce climate change and there's nothing wrong with that. The thing is that they seem to spend the money women in other cities would spend on car payments, gas, insurance, etc... on covering themselves in garish ink. So basically, expect your Portland date to have a Honda Civic worth of ink and piercings on her.

4) Rugrats. For whatever reason Portland women have yet to discover condoms, abortions, or The Pill. Thus, expect your Portland girl to have between 1 and 4 kids that she never should have had if she is beyond 25 or so.

- TFC

Portland, Oregon

I met a dyke from Portland at my last job who had a big mouth. This bitch couldnt keep her mouth shut about anyone and was real passive aggressive with it. I asked her if its a Portland thing to talk shit but act like a pussy when you get confronted and she just stared at me mumbling.