rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First Night Rolling Solo

First Night Rolling Solo

Tonight was the first night ever that I rolled solo! I went out in Philadelphia, and once I get enough solo adventures under my belt, I will drop a really good and thorough data sheet on the city. It's hard to make one now because there's several areas with lots of bar activity, and I've been confined to only one area for the majority of my trips into the city. No longer however as I plan to branch out over the entire city (barring the ghetto).

I figured I'd make this thread (like some other members are doing) to document my progress and to serve as motivation to keep doing it. I'm tired but I had some thoughts:

1) I need to go out later. I was unsure of when the bars got busy so I wound up getting into the city via train at about 9:30. It was WAY too early and I wound up in a bunch of bars that had people sitting eating dinner, or just packed with old people. I wandered in and out of bars until I found a decent one with a younger population, but there were still too many people seated and in groups. Plus it gave me too much time to overdrink and waste my money/get drunk. I probably won't get started till about 10:30-11 next time.

2) I need better conversation material. I felt like I was going through the motions during the approaches and I was honestly boring even myself, so I imagine the girls were bored as well. I opened an extremely cute set of friends who responded well, but they left the bar after 5 minutes. I gazed around and noticed that other chicks were giving me eye contact because I was holding court with these two girls (at least 7.5's). I feel like I need to make a bigger impact sooner in order to maximize my memorability. Plus it's loud as fuck and who wants to talk about boring shit in a loud place?

3) Rolling solo is awesome. Seriously. I didn't get as many approaches as I hoped (I actually wound up talking to some other lone wolfs who seemed like they were loosely affiliated with the PU community) but the approaches I did make felt SO good because it was just me. No friends to prop me up. Just me. One girl asked where my friends were and I just said "I don't have any friends" (great line Roosh!) with a cocky smirk. It was funny and I'll probably keep using it. I think I relied too much on pretending I wasn't from around the area, which probably works better during day-game. I need to switch up my material frequently to avoid getting bored with it.

4) Confidence has skyrocketed. Even though tonight was my first baby step into the world of solo night-game, the fact that I held my head high and walked like a boss into bars (which I stumbled upon, I had no real familiarity with the area beforehand) showed me that this lifestyle is definitely for me. I will never be bored at home on a weekend night again.

Off to bed!

First Night Rolling Solo

Nice man. I've been trying real hard and it certainly has it's ups and downs so far. Gonna get better for sure with practice!

First Night Rolling Solo

Good work. Takes about 10 solo nights to feel pretty comfortable.

First Night Rolling Solo

I've been doing solo recently and it's very effective. Echoing Roosh, it gets easier the more you do it. And for me at least within the night I feel more comfortable as it goes on - meaning the first 30-45 min is a bit boring/awkward but then once you get some approaches in it flows smoothly.

First Night Rolling Solo

I definitely noticed it getting a bit easier as the night went on, but it's possible that was because I'd had a few drinks in me by then. I'm still on a high from it though. I can't believe it's taken me this long to do this, I feel like the possibilities are endless whereas before I felt like I had such a small pool of women to hook up with.

First Night Rolling Solo

I'm not an expert, but I've been rolling solo a few times a month since the spring. I experienced these two issues you mentioned and felt the same way, but after going out a few times, my opinion on them has changed.

Quote: (08-19-2012 12:11 AM)Jackhammer Wrote:  

1) I need to go out later. I was unsure of when the bars got busy so I wound up getting into the city via train at about 9:30. It was WAY too early and I wound up in a bunch of bars that had people sitting eating dinner, or just packed with old people. I wandered in and out of bars until I found a decent one with a younger population, but there were still too many people seated and in groups. Plus it gave me too much time to overdrink and waste my money/get drunk. I probably won't get started till about 10:30-11 next time.

If it's possible, I think 9:30 is a great time to arrive to the nightlife area. You don't need to be in full on party/approach mode when you get there, or even go straight to the bar (although you can). Especially if you're new at this, the earlier you can get comfortable, the better. Just start talking to whoever you can. I like to go to a nearby 7-11 to grab some caffiene and bullshit with the clerks/people in line. Ask for directions to the bar from girls in the street, and then flirt with them. For me, its important to get my vibe going and regulate my mood ASAP. Youtube Simple Pickup's "God Mode" clip. It's a great technique to destroy your approach anxiety as early as possible in the night. If a perfect opportunity presents itself at 10:45, you want to be ready to capitalize.

Overdrinking is something you must consciously battle. Standing at the bar by yourself with no friends and no immediate female prospects is nerve-racking the first couple times you do it, and the first instinct is to pound the shit of those beers or pretend to look at non-existant text messages. If it's early and not too crowded, just eavesdrop on nearby conversations and look for an opportunity to make a witty comment or ask a question. Eavesdrop on old women, angry looking-meatheads, anyone who's around; just get your mouth moving.

2) I need better conversation material. I felt like I was going through the motions during the approaches and I was honestly boring even myself, so I imagine the girls were bored as well. I opened an extremely cute set of friends who responded well, but they left the bar after 5 minutes. I gazed around and noticed that other chicks were giving me eye contact because I was holding court with these two girls (at least 7.5's). I feel like I need to make a bigger impact sooner in order to maximize my memorability. Plus it's loud as fuck and who wants to talk about boring shit in a loud place?

No one does. But once you're comfortable in the venue, have your vibe going, and have your first rejection (or three) out of the way, your mind will relax and you can think of creative situational openers. When you are calm and relatively sober, the shit you read on RVF all day makes sense, and you can actually put it in to action! It's a fantastic feeling to consciously put what you study into action and see postive results, even if it's just a three-second smile or laugh from your first approach at 9:30.

First Night Rolling Solo

my best post about starting slow and getting warmed up as the night progresses, BUILDING MOMENTUM: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14484-...41238.html

it's KEY to get talkative and relaxed at the beginning of the night.

First Night Rolling Solo

i've posted on this topic in the past, so i'll just repost what i said:

i mainly do dance floor game and end up going out solo a lot since most of my friends aren't into the club scene. being at a club solo doesn't feel awkward once you're on the dance floor surrounded by a bunch of people - there's nothing wrong dancing by yourself. go out enough times and rolling solo will bother you less and less. it's social conditioning that makes you think being solo is awkward. it's weird if you feel weird and your body language conveys that to other people. be comfortable by yourself and you'll be fine. it just takes awhile to get past the stigma of being in a public venue alone. check out this dude's post on dancing solo: flirt2thebeat.com/2009/04/23/dancing-by-yourself/

i suggest you read the enitre thread - it's pretty good: rooshvforum.network/thread-6600.html

First Night Rolling Solo

if you go solo enough you'll run into the same faces all the time and become 'friends' with them (male & female).

you'll also get enemies - this past saturday i was talking to a 2 set at a bar/club i go to regularly. some moppy haired punk of a busboy i guess casually knew the girls i was talking to, and he went up to her, 'whispered' in her ear, "this dudes in here hitting on girls every night, he's whack." instant set (and state) killer. I was about to fucking knock him out then I thought better of it, considering id be probably permabanned and arrested.

solo does prevent some obstacles that are tactically hard: for example, isolating a girl from a 2/3/4 set without a wingman (wingmen). that's why it's good to at least make friends with the scenester regulars so they can help you out. at the same time, these 'friends' are in it for themselves and may just as likely steal the girl you're workin too. it's all part of the game tho.

First Night Rolling Solo

Quote: (08-20-2012 10:26 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

if you go solo enough you'll run into the same faces all the time and become 'friends' with them (male & female).

hiflo brings up a good point and this is a great way to get to know the doormen, bartenders, and dj's. later on you can use these people as social proof when you game a girl.

First Night Rolling Solo

This is why as G explained in an earlier thread that it's a good idea to have certain places locked down, so you have the regulars and staff on your side, or at least not (who the fuck is this guy?) working against you.

First Night Rolling Solo

Tonight was the first night ever that I rolled solo! I went out in Philadelphia, and once I get enough solo adventures under my belt, I will drop a really good and thorough data sheet on the city. It's hard to make one now because there's several areas with lots of bar activity, and I've been confined to only one area for the majority of my trips into the city. No longer however as I plan to branch out over the entire city (barring the ghetto).

I figured I'd make this thread (like some other members are doing) to document my progress and to serve as motivation to keep doing it. I'm tired but I had some thoughts:

3) Rolling solo is awesome. Seriously. I didn't get as many approaches as I hoped (I actually wound up talking to some other lone wolfs who seemed like they were loosely affiliated with the PU community) but the approaches I did make felt SO good because it was just me. No friends to prop me up. Just me. One girl asked where my friends were and I just said "I don't have any friends" (great line Roosh!) with a cocky smirk. It was funny and I'll probably keep using it. I think I relied too much on pretending I wasn't from around the area, which probably works better during day-game. I need to switch up my material frequently to avoid getting bored with it.

4) Confidence has skyrocketed. Even though tonight was my first baby step into the world of solo night-game, the fact that I held my head high and walked like a boss into bars (which I stumbled upon, I had no real familiarity with the area beforehand) showed me that this lifestyle is definitely for me. I will never be bored at home on a weekend night again.

Off to bed!

Did you suit up or just go casual? I am going dolo tonight in Stockholm. Planning on dressing it up but probably not full suit. Dark jeans, blazer, pocket square will have to suffice. Will give me more flexibility to bounce from place to place also.

First Night Rolling Solo

Good job on going solo. I think it's difficult at first for most people, but if you can overcome the initial growing pains, it'll elevate all aspects of your social life, including game.

First Night Rolling Solo

Quote: (08-19-2012 12:41 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Good work. Takes about 10 solo nights to feel pretty comfortable.

I normally roll out solo and I'm still uncomfortable with it. Not dancing well definitely adds to it.

First Night Rolling Solo

Alright, tonight will be night #2 rolling solo in Philly. I'm wondering if I should remain in the same area of the city or branch out to Old City. I'm thinking I should experiment with the same area and just go out later tonight (I plan to have a drink at a more low key place to get warmed up, then head to some of the busier places at about 10:30). And college students should be getting back to school which will greatly multiply the amount of girls I'll pass by.

I'm still excited about going out alone which is good. I had a so-so week and was pretty antisocial for a few days so it's going to be hard recovering from that. Today I was in a real shitty mood which may affect my state, but I'm going to go out in a bit to Starbucks and talk to whoever to try and get myself social and upbeat again.

As for material, I'm thinking that I'm going to try and be as bizarre and off the wall as I can tonight. I need to shatter my nerves a bit and step out of my comfort zone, so I'm going to just go wild and see how crazy I can get with whoever I approach. I got mild interest last time from my approaches, this time I'd like to either get extreme interest or extreme disinterest...either is better than an unmemorable approach IMO.

Thanks for all the replies in here! I really feel like going out solo (especially on a weekend) is something truly unique that only a small percentage of men can have the balls to do, and that's what makes it all worth it.

First Night Rolling Solo

Quote: (08-23-2012 06:18 AM)gandt Wrote:  

Did you suit up or just go casual? I am going dolo tonight in Stockholm. Planning on dressing it up but probably not full suit. Dark jeans, blazer, pocket square will have to suffice. Will give me more flexibility to bounce from place to place also.

Sorry for the late reply. I always go casual. I have a good pair of jeans, boots, and will either wear a v-neck, polo, or button down. Since it's hot as fuck, v-neck is often my choice. I'm pretty muscular so it's important to find the right fit of shirt that complements/accentuates my physique the best.