rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

wearing a wedding band to get easy lays

I was visiting a long time friend of mine I haven't seen since early this year. He has a pretty serious girlfriend. He and his girlfriend started wearing wedding bands even though they are not married(I don't think they believe in marriage or something, I'm not even going to bother getting into it). He said that since he started wearing a wedding band, he gets hit on by MORE women than ever before. I can't say I'm entirely surprised because the theory behind it makes sense. Social proof. Nobody wants to eat at an empty restaurant. We talked about this a bit more and he went on to say that the type of women that hit on him, are the type that would be a quick easy lay. They know you are with someone so no chance of anything drawn out or serious.

I'm curious about this now. I just may go buy a cheap wedding band and try it out at a bar.

I noticed that myself. It also was the case, like with your friend, that the women seemed to be the quick-lay type.

I wear a band out of necessity, it has definitely led to some interesting convo...
"Where's your wife?"
"You're married?!?!?!" F%&^ you!
"Nice ring...do you ever take it off?"
"I actually prefer my men to be married, it's like having extra old bay seasoning on my french fries"

I do a similar type thing. Only instead of wearing a wedding ring, I wear a cock ring. Works like a charm

This was done on Seinfeld, with unsuccessful results.

I wore a war ring for a while. I wore it around my neck on a chain - too heavy to wear on my hand for long. Girls loved to play with it. The thing about a ring is, if a guy wears it, girls assume he's married, and react negatively to denial (even if true.) So if you're gonna wear a ring, might as well have a picture of someone's kids in your wallet while you're at it.

I've found even wearing a ring on a completely different finger can make girls think you are married!!

even though I'm young, not the married age

Will field test and report back with results...

It's taboo. And women love taboo.

Maybe also for some it's safety if all they're looking for is a lay. You wouldn't have to worry about some guy asking for your number afterwards. Now if it actually works I don't know. I would think success would greatly depend on the type of women in a particular region.

I've noticed this with some of my recently married friends. They often say that they get a lot more interest from women than before. I think there are few reasons for this:

When you are married, you are (presumably) safe to talk to without her worrying if you are going to hit on her

As said above, social proof, the wedding band is like a seal of approval or something

You don't have an agenda. For example when you are single, you are trying to get laid and thus there is more on the line, which gives you approach anxiety, un-confident behavior, etc. Whereas when you are married, you don't care and that leads to the behavior women are attracted to.

Just a few thoughts.

My issue with this is that I wouldn't take a guy's, just recently married, word at face value. They could be dealing with the fresh psychological belief that they're no longer available to other women and may be picking up on signals from other women that's either created in their own heads, or possibly becoming more astute to the advances of women.

This is a pretty simple psych phenomenon. When you're denied something, you tend to remember the times it's offered more. Let's say you just turned vegan or something, you're gonna remember every single time someone offers you a steak. In this case, the married dude is obviously gonna remember the times he's approached by girls more often than the times this happened as a single male. Its because our brains are'nt too good at real-world frequency measurements. Plus, its kind of a proven fact that men overestimate their chances with women, in basclly every setting. It's a survival thing cuz those cave men who didnt roll the dice never lived to spread their seed.

Quote: (08-26-2008 10:51 AM)WeedVagRapBball Wrote:  

This is a pretty simple psych phenomenon. When you're denied something, you tend to remember the times it's offered more. Let's say you just turned vegan or something, you're gonna remember every single time someone offers you a steak. In this case, the married dude is obviously gonna remember the times he's approached by girls more often than the times this happened as a single male. Its because our brains are'nt too good at real-world frequency measurements. Plus, its kind of a proven fact that men overestimate their chances with women, in basclly every setting. It's a survival thing cuz those cave men who didnt roll the dice never lived to spread their seed.

That could very well be the case. I notice this with cars too. When I get a certain model of car, all of a sudden I notice just how many of those vehicles are on the road.