rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you beat a dry spell?

Here's my story so far and how I intend to end my dry spell:

I found out about game early this year when a mate of mine showed me the Neil Strauss book. I couldn't really believe at the time that the stories were true and that any old chump could become a pick up artist but I checked it out and was inspired. I'd always thought that either you were a natural or you weren't and I clearly wasn't.
I thought I'd give it a go anyway, I didn't think that there would be any results what was the worst that could happen?

For about a month I tried various lines and openers and I was surprised at the willingness of women to talk - I hadn't really experienced this before but I definately enjoyed it and I had more interaction with women in 2 weeks than I had had in the last 2 years. I still wasn't able to get kisses or numbers though, I tried a few times and was generally brutally, but politely shot down.

But then all of my efforts culminated into a very successful evening. I hadn't gone out with the intention of picking up but it was always at the back of my mind and I found that after a couple of drinks that it was all I could think about. I went to a club with my friends, but quickly lost them. In the past I would have gone home in this situation but this time I approached girls. I was suddenly getting numbers without even trying. But then I noticed an 8 sitting alone. She was playing with her phone but I tried an opener anyway. She didn't respond much but she didn't shoot me down either so I tried something else, I observed:
"Don't you think it's a shame that whenever people are alone they immediately reach for there phone and pretend they're not there? I think we've lost something special because no one seems able to have a simple conversation anymore"

That got her attention! She immediately apologised and said she'd lost her friends. From there I ran a few stories that I'd thought of, nothing special but enough to make pleasant conversation and DHV where possible. I suggested she buy a round on the condition I got the next one and then we sat down. I chatted for a bit longer and then tried for a kiss, but this time I was successful. From there it was a pretty simple mission, I said I'd walk her home but I'd have to leave as I had work the next day. At hers I talked my way in and finally got my first, and to date, only bang.

Since then I've been on a downhill slope however. I feel that my mid game has definately got better, but I haven't been able to seal the deal in the same night and been flaked more times than I can count but I have kissed closed several times. More recently things have not been going well, I have found I have AA again, which was almost gone before, and that I'm failing to come up with any openers or conversation.

Looking back I realise that I have not been following the fundementals which had given me success before. I have also been riding solo since I realised my wings were cockblocking me more times than helping, but I find that a rejection when I'm solo does more to my confidence than when I have friends to fall back on.

I intend to end my dry spell with a pretty simple formula. I am going out early tomorrow and I will make approaches until either I am successful or the clubs kick me out at closing time. I'll let you know how I get on [Image: wink.gif]

I was wondering if you guys have had dry spells? - How did you end them and what did they do to your confidence at the time?

Quote: (08-03-2012 06:51 PM)London Wrote:  

Here's my story so far and how I intend to end my dry spell:

I found out about game early this year when a mate of mine showed me the Neil Strauss book. I couldn't really believe at the time that the stories were true and that any old chump could become a pick up artist but I checked it out and was inspired. I'd always thought that either you were a natural or you weren't and I clearly wasn't.
I thought I'd give it a go anyway, I didn't think that there would be any results what was the worst that could happen?

For about a month I tried various lines and openers and I was surprised at the willingness of women to talk - I hadn't really experienced this before but I definately enjoyed it and I had more interaction with women in 2 weeks than I had had in the last 2 years. I still wasn't able to get kisses or numbers though, I tried a few times and was generally brutally, but politely shot down.

But then all of my efforts culminated into a very successful evening. I hadn't gone out with the intention of picking up but it was always at the back of my mind and I found that after a couple of drinks that it was all I could think about. I went to a club with my friends, but quickly lost them. In the past I would have gone home in this situation but this time I approached girls. I was suddenly getting numbers without even trying. But then I noticed an 8 sitting alone. She was playing with her phone but I tried an opener anyway. She didn't respond much but she didn't shoot me down either so I tried something else, I observed:
"Don't you think it's a shame that whenever people are alone they immediately reach for there phone and pretend they're not there? I think we've lost something special because no one seems able to have a simple conversation anymore"

That got her attention! She immediately apologised and said she'd lost her friends. From there I ran a few stories that I'd thought of, nothing special but enough to make pleasant conversation and DHV where possible. I suggested she buy a round on the condition I got the next one and then we sat down. I chatted for a bit longer and then tried for a kiss, but this time I was successful. From there it was a pretty simple mission, I said I'd walk her home but I'd have to leave as I had work the next day. At hers I talked my way in and finally got my first, and to date, only bang.

Since then I've been on a downhill slope however. I feel that my mid game has definately got better, but I haven't been able to seal the deal in the same night and been flaked more times than I can count but I have kissed closed several times. More recently things have not been going well, I have found I have AA again, which was almost gone before, and that I'm failing to come up with any openers or conversation.

Looking back I realise that I have not been following the fundementals which had given me success before. I have also been riding solo since I realised my wings were cockblocking me more times than helping, but I find that a rejection when I'm solo does more to my confidence than when I have friends to fall back on.

I intend to end my dry spell with a pretty simple formula. I am going out early tomorrow and I will make approaches until either I am successful or the clubs kick me out at closing time. I'll let you know how I get on [Image: wink.gif]

I was wondering if you guys have had dry spells? - How did you end them and what did they do to your confidence at the time?

By not necessarily looking at it as a dry spell and not placing a big emphasis on outcomes. I also practise no fap, which I highly recommend.

Look there's no real secret to this. At any given skill level, how much you pull is directly correlated to how much work you put in. If you really, really want to get laid then you should be approaching like the world is coming to an end. There's nothing else you can do that will be of anywhere near as much benefit as just putting in those reps.

When I was in Peru this summer I only had 3 nights in which to get my flag. Every night I stayed out approaching until I was certain that all hope was lost. What do you know, on night #3 I go out, meet some backpacker chick, and end up taking her back to the hostel and banging. There's nothing special about how long ago was the last time you had sex--keep putting yourself out there and sooner or later your number will come up.