rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tehran, Iran

Tehran, Iran

Tehran, Iran

Guys,
This forum is awesome and, so I’d like to give back with a thread on an area where there seems to be scant information, and the information that I’ve seen thus far is ripe with mis-information. I spent some time on this and it’s as detailed as I could make it.

This information, unfortunately, is from 2005 which was my last time in the country. However, a few of my running-mates from that time are still in Iran, and I am in contact with them quite a bit. They inform me that the fundamentals are the same, whereas some of the specific locations and details have changed. Unfortunately some of the specific information of particular locations has faded from my memory. Where I believe the info may be oudated, I will state so explicitly. A lot of what I’m writing is generally dating information which is unlikely to change in 7 years, but I figured this sheet can be a good start until either I or another RVF member returns to Tehran.

I try to write solely from my experience as much as possible, but where my report is informed by my Iranian friends’ experiences, I try to state so, explicitly so you can weigh the quality of the information yourself.

The information below is more about how gaming works in Tehran, Iran as opposed to a data-sheet focussing on locations, hotels, bars, restaurants, etc. although there is some of that too (minus the bars).

Also, it’s a bit risky for me to write about all this stuff, so I will have to politely decline to answer questions that give too much information about my particular situation, or who I am. Any questions I can answer without doing that are all fair game.

SAFETY
First of all, Iran, generally is not physically dangerous (more than America, for example) and should not be mentioned in the same sentence with Iraq, Afghanistan, or Pakistan, as I have seen written on the forum. Despite what views one may have about the regime, the country is relatively safe, and the chances of being mugged, seriously assaulted, shot or blown up are slim to none. That said, petty theft and scams exist as with most other countries, but these concerns about physical safety are completely misguided. Anybody who actually takes the time to really read news articles by even the most biased sources will quickly note that these incidents are not terribly common in Iran.
Below, I will try to provide the info that will lead to an enjoyable, hassle-free, and safe trip for someone who has the both the curiosity and adventurousness to give Iran a shot.
I have written the data-sheet specifically for a non-iranian who is not well-versed in the language or culture. Some of the risks I advise not to take would be ok for someone who knows the ropes, but that is not the target audience of this data-sheet.

BASIC GEOGRAPHY OF TEHRAN FOR PLAYBOYS
Tehran is a huge sprawling metropolis with too many areas to detail. The most important thing to remember is North Tehran and South Tehran. The North, pressed up against the mountains is far richer, more modern, developed, and filled with Iranians with more secular attitudes, and therefore with the girls that are more down to have fun. The South is exactly the opposite, and should only be visited if you are interested in an anthropological expedition to see how the “other side” lives. If you decide to go to the South of the city, it can be quite depressing.
This data focuses on almost exclusively on the northern half of Tehran.

A BRIEF HISTORY & A SMALL POINT REGARDING POLITICS
Iran is an Islamic Republic as of 1980. The Islamic Revolution is the defining theme of government and political life. Before 1980, Iran was a monarchy ruled by a “Shah” (King, in Persian). Don’t ever talk shit about the revolution, or praise the Shah. Iranians will often ask you what you think of Iran, or the government. Most of these people are harmless and just curious, BUT as a foreigner, you wouldn’t be able to spot the unlikely regime informant, so it’s best to just steer clear. Just avoid political conversation and mention what you like about Iranian culture, people, or food. You’re probably not visiting to have political conversations anyway.
Also, Iranians are not Arabs. Iranians are indo-european Caucasians and tend to go off their rocker if you confuse them with Arabs.
Iranians do not speak Arabic and if you speak Arabic, you will not be able to understand Persian or vice-versa.

PERCEPTIONS OF FOREIGNERS IN IRAN
In our shrinking world, Iran is one of the few larger countries where being a foreigner (especially an American) still carries heavy novelty and is definitely going to get many people interested in you and wanting to talk to you. This includes, men, women, young, old, whatever. This even still applies in the capital, Tehran. This is a huge asset for you.
Many people may think poorly of the American government, and foreign policy (as much of the world does) but this will most likely not be directed at you, whatsoever, if you are American. I would even go so far as to say, it’s almost mini-celebrity status to be an American among young people in Iran.
If you are visiting Tehran from elsewhere, as with almost everywhere else in the world, maintain a humble attitude and generally people will be just fine.

NIGHTLIFE
Iran is an Islamic country. There are no bars or clubs and alcohol is illegal. What this means is that day-game and private-party game rule. Both will be discussed later in their respective areas. Bootleg alcohol can be found all over the country as well. This includes both home-made “aragh” which is some sort of super-high percentage alcohol that will make you choke as well as our regulars such as skyy vodka, Bacardi, etc.
In Iran, prime day-game and date locations take the place that prime bars/nightclubs would in other cities.

GIRLS (GENERAL)
Iranian girls come in every variety, with respect to attitudes towards sex. The important point is that in Tehran, there are more than enough that are down to “date” casually, especially foreigners. Anybody who complains about girls who are not down in Tehran simply was not skilled enough to find them or skilled enough to inspire them to action, if they found them. I don’t say that flippantly, as I don’t necessarily believe it is an easy feat because of the logistical obstacles, governmental restraints and language barrier (for those who don’t speak Persian).

Physically, Iranian girls have their highs and lows like everywhere else. The paradigm is a great contrast of lighter skin with dark features, big eyes. Thankfully a high percentage have junk in the trunk. I’m sometimes asked how they are distinguished from arab girls. Here it is in a nutshell: Iranian girls are generally lighter skinned (but still with dark features), less curly hair, less thick hair with slightly larger eyes, and more fine facial features (more similar to a doll, kind of). Contrary to popular belief, Iran is quite hetereogenous, with only around 50% being of Persian ancestry, and the rest being Turkish, azari, arab, Armenian, Turkmen, afghan, etc. You probably won’t be able to tell the difference.

Young, north Tehran girls really take care of themselves physically and they have got swagger. You can see it when they walk. They have attitude and a sort of toughness that is honed by experiencing thousands of cat-calls from Iranian guys since the time they hit puberty and attempts to get at them. Generally, they are very sharp socially. It’s not uncommon for an above average girl who is out and about in the city to be hit on blatantly at least 20 times in a day.

Unlike perhaps in Thailand, Brazil or other places, in Iran, you want to target rich girls. Not to get their money, but because as a general rule, rich girls=liberal attitudes. Don’t mess with poor girls as they often come from religious families and are excited to get married ASAP, especially to a foreigner who can rescue her and her family from their miserable lives.

Iran is dominated by the young generation, which is sexually repressed by the govt. Many are looking for an outlet and express that by looking for dates or casual sex online, in parties, or on the street. The keys are: 1) to know which of the girls fall into this category and 2) to distinguish yourself from the barrage of come-ons that they get daily. I will write about this below.

DAYGAME BASICS
In my opinion, day-game in Tehran will make a man out of anyone. It requires a sharp eye, persistence, some serious guts, and awareness of your surroundings. However, it makes for a hell of a thrill. Despite what I have written about the novelty of being a foreigner, you must break through the outer-shell of a female stranger first, before that “exotic capital” can even be tapped. Attractive Tehran girls are absolutely barraged daily, and they are experts at ignoring. In addition, you must keep an eye out for moral-police who will stop you and/or possibly arrest you, as well as nosy strangers who may not like what you’re doing.

For my friends and I, the key was to just keep talking, keep engaging, even if it is a one-sided conversation, until they cracked and gave a response back. Furthermore, if we are on foot, we wouldn’t stay in one place for too long, as you can wear your welcome out there quickly. Funny phenomenon: if you get to the point where an Iranian girl gives you a response back, it is almost a lock that you will get/give the number, and at most likely a first date. Of course, at that point, it’s up to you for the rest.

I have seen in many threads on the forum, joking about how all one must do is “talk English loudly” and the girls will jump all over you (I think it was in Colombia threads?). Anyway, I can tell you that in Iran, if you are speaking English loudly, you will be approached by people (girls or guys) asking you where you are from, why you are in Iran, etc. Personally, I speak Persian but it is apparent from my accent that I have spent quite some time outside of Iran, and I STILL got approached asking where I am from and what I’m doing in Iran.

Here’s the breakdown per specific scenario, of the pick up-scene, as informed by my experience:

The Car
In my experience, this was the most effective and the way we spent most of our day-game, followed closely by Mall game. We holler at girls from cars. We holler at other girls driving, passengers, or pedestrians. As I wrote in another thread, at any given time there will be a few pick-up hot spots which are usually streets in the city. They become known as the place to pick up or be picked up, until they get too popular at which point the authorities learn of it and crack down. Then a new spot pops up elsewhere, and the cycle repeats. I do not know currently where the hot spot is.

I would estimate that 60% of our girls came from car-gaming and 40% from all other avenues combined, including parties.

My friend who was at the wheel was a ballsy, experienced driver which was necessary (driving is very dangerous in Iran). We would pull up next to girls driving, (targeting them according to my criteria listed above) and pop the head out the window and just start talking. Talk about anything, say hi, talk English, Persian, make funny faces, whatever. Sounds crazy, but it was effective and it was fun. At some point, we would have our numbers ready to go on pieces of paper and either throw them in their window, or they would have theirs ready and throw them to ours (as was mentioned in another thread).
If the car game was somewhere other than the designated pick-up spots, usually we would try to get them to pull over to have a conversation. If they pulled over, we almost always walked away with a number and a date. That said, the key threshold in talking from the car is getting them to do something other than ignore you and it can be a challenge, for sure until you do 20-30 approaches and a feel for what works.

During my time there, the hot street was “iran zamin” (which I have since heard is dead). Prior to that, my friends told me it was “fereshteh.” I’m sure these are all dead now, and you would have to find out where the new spots are. Any guy in Tehran who’s a player whatsoever would probably be able to tell you immediately off the top of his head. As always, stick to the north side of the city.

The Mall/Shopping Center
Malls in the north part of the city are a great way to meet chicks. They are a great natural filter because if a girl is at a mall, it means: 1) she has enough money to buy name brand stuff, 2) they’re fashionable, and 3) she is more likely to be liberal because if a girl was covering with the hejab, why would she waste time on fashions that nobody sees?
We went to many many malls during our time in Tehran but I don’t remember most of them. Our two go-to malls were both in the area of Tehran called Shahrak e Gharb. The malls were Golestan and Milad e Nour shopping center. In addition, vali-asr walking street was a go-to for us. This is a huge street that has dozens of stores and malls on both sides.

Golestan
Two story shopping center that is nice and well lit with natural light. Not much else to say except it has plenty of fine, liberal girls walking around, and places to take a break to eat.

Milad e noor
The coffee shops and the top floor food court (at Milad e Nour) are great places to strike up conversations. The food court is supposed to be “international” with foods from all over the world, but their cheeseburgers and Chinese food were terrible. If you go here, I would stick with what they know best, Persian food.
We also approached directly while walking in between the stores. Unfortunately its not as aesthetically pleasing as Golestan, probably because of the dearth of natural light. If I had to give an edge in girls though, I would probably say Milad e Noor over Golestan.

Vali-asr
Very very trendy stores and malls here. This is a great place as well. It is so long with so many stores that one can come back here day after day to pick-up and get coffees.
With all these places, one key is to move around so that you do not get overly noticed by nosy shopkeepers who can call the authorities on you. If you are making approach after approach, move to a different area after 15 minutes maximum.

Coffee Shop
They are all over the city. Walking into a coffee shop, trying to order, and sitting down with your coffee as a foreigner is sometimes all that is necessary to get the cashier or others trying to talk to you about where you are from. Engage people, both girls and guys. The more attention that is around you (even if you are talking to other guys) in this regard, the more likely that other girls will be sucked into the conversation. Some of them cannot hold back their curiosity and approach directly.

Remember, because of American, UN and Western sanctions as well as vilification in Western media, Iran is not looked upon as a desirable vacation destination, therefore they do not see many Westerners. This doesn’t mean they never see them, it just that the occurrences are low enough so as to still pique people’s curiosities.

Here, you should be more subtle, as there is not the usual hustle and bustle of the street and/or mall and therefore people will catch-on to what you are doing quickly if you are approaching blatantly. We didn’t typically go here specifically to game, but rather to get a drink and chat, and very often, something would come out of it accidentally.

The Street
Probably the most challenging of all venues in Tehran. Girls walking in Tehran are assailed constantly if they are attractive both by guys on foot, and guys in the cars. Adding to the shield, is the fact that (in my opinion), they feel more vulnerable than when driving. Nevertheless, we still hollered on the street regularly, and with some decent success.
Our best results came from girls that were: 1) waiting for a taxi or bus, 2) waiting outside of a mall, or 3) walking between stores on a big thoroughfare. Outside of these classifications, girls will largely have their guards up and/or trying to actually get somewhere which tends to lessen their tolerance for a stranger speaking to them.

Fruit-Juice Stands
During late spring and whole summer, fruit-juice stands are busy in Iran. They sell freshly made drinks that are a combination between a smoothie and a fruit drink. As you can imagine, many young people frequent them, which by default makes them another place to meet girls. These stands are all over the city, and pretty easily visible from the street. We probably stopped an average of twice per day to rehydrate and try our hands at the local talent. I met one of my main girls at a fruit-juice stand while she was waiting in her car for her friends to come back with the drinks.

We encountered some spectacular failures also while day-gaming which was great because some were unique, creative and downright hilarious and we could get a good laugh out of them. Some of these girls have a sharp tongue and can cut you down good, which is fine as long as you brush it off and keep moving.

Worst case scenario for us was a polite or unexciting rejection because it meant no date, and also no laughs.

****HOW TO SPOT A GIRL THAT IS GAMABLE ON THE STREET****
There are five main criteria that you can consider to determine very quickly whether a girl should (probably) be approached on the street or not:
1) Rough area of Tehran that you are in,
2) Amount and style of clothing the girl is wearing,
3) Tightness of the clothing, and
4) Amount of make-up the girl is wearing, and
5) How far back the scarf that is covering her hair is placed (i.e. how much of the front of her hair, bangs area, is showing).

I think for a non-Iranian, the make-up factor is most easy to spot, and pretty reliable.
I consider this section of the data-sheet to be the most critical because you may not be able to get to any private parties and therefore if you cannot distinguish who is approachable on the street and who is not, a) you may not even get off the ground with a single date, and b) you could run into unwanted trouble with the authorities if you target the wrong girls who subsequently make a stink about it.

1) Area of Tehran you are in
Roughly, the richer the area you are in, the better the chances are that this girl is interested in having casual fun. This can be used as a general rule. As I mentioned, Northern Tehran is the area to be, and a few of the well known areas that are ripe for this are: Zafranieh, Tajrish, Shahrak e gharb, and Vanak. There are also many others. Basically, if you hear someone talk about an area as being rich or well-off, make a mental note.

Southern Tehran has got its own style of game, but is much more perilous, and not worth the hassle. Plus the women down there are much less likely to have the resources to take care of themselves in the way you like. This is where you see the “sigehs” or temporary marriages that some of you guys were talking about in the other thread. I don’t believe any Iranian girl that’s at least even middle-class would ever tolerate the stigma of a sigeh.

2) Amount and Style of Clothing
Women in Iran dress in different ways. Contrary to common belief, Iranian women do not have to cover their face, and almost none of them do. They must cover their legs, arms and hair (in addition to torso, of course) although as I will explain later, this is variable and can be a great source in determining a girl’s social attitudes. An entire book could easily be written on the intricacies of this, but I will try to give you the important basics so as to not make your head spin.

Religious/conservative women will wear what Iranians call “hejab” or “burkas” as referred to sometimes. This is basically a big, usually black, type of blanket looking thing that covers the whole body and completely disguises the shape of a woman’s body. If you see a woman with this on, forget about it. Not even close to being worth the effort/reward. Sometimes we jokingly refer to them as “ninjas.”

Younger and more modern/liberal women will wear pants (usually jeans) with a type of jacket over it which looks like a modified, shortened trench coat. This is called a “manteau.” A manteau only comes up to the shoulders so these women also will put on a scarf called a “rusari” which means “on –the-head”, to cover their hair. As you can imagine, a woman can wear a short manteau, long manteau, long scarf, short scarf or anything in between so this is a big source of personal discretion for the woman.

Your objective is to get a feel for the type of girl that is liberal and down with foreigners/foreign culture. The profile would look like this: A girl wearing a manteau (preferably brightly colored) that goes down no further than slightly above the knee, and a brightly colored scarf draped loosely around her head. NO HIJABS/BURKAS.

3) Tightness of clothing
Iranian girls in Tehran are very talented and creative in finding ways to express their style and sexuality, despite the clothing restrictions placed on them by the government. To find girls that are down to have fun, you should target the girls who are wearing a manteau and jeans tight enough that you can still see what the shape of their body is, especially the rear-end. Obviously, the other benefit is that you know the quality of what you’re approaching.

4) Make-up
Unfortunately, young, liberal women in Tehran wear way too much make up. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen anywhere else in the world. You can catch a glimpse of what I mean if you google “women in Tehran” but it really cannot be believed until you see it in the flesh.
If you are looking for girls to have fun with, this is what you should target. If a woman has lots of brightly colored make-up on, she will be more likely to be approachable and/or going to parties, etc. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, but this is about as close to a direct correlation as you can get. This principle can go to the point where if the make-up is just absurd, looking like a clown, the girl may be a whore. btw, in my opinion, whores are neither necessary, nor worth the risk.

5) How far the scarf falls back on her head
Scarf on her head should also be brightly colored, and pushed far back on her head, showing the bangs area of her hair. Girls who wear the scarf this far back on their head are defeating the purpose of wearing it to cover their hair, which is a message to the world (and you) about how they feel about imposed Islamic dress.

Girls who wear mono-color scarfs, especially if it is grey, black, or brown should generally be avoided.

In sum, the type of girl to approach: Lots of brightly colored make-up, wearing a manteau (not a hijab). Manteau is preferably brightly colored (not drab colors) and tight around her body so you can see her shape. Brightly colored scarf loosely around the head, almost to the point of even falling off.

POLICE/GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE
There are a few types of police in Iran. The one that is important to you is the moral police and the type of moral-militia (from hereon out to be referred to as the basij). These two groups are the ones that can stop you from trying your game and even take you in to a station. They can be spotted by their colors. Both groups will be largely bearded. The moral police are usually wearing dark green outfits that look like very plain military-clothes. The basij will almost always wear all black, with a beard, and oftentimes a shaved head.
If you’re out on a date with a girl, most likely these types will not bother you unless you are doing some sort of PDA (obviously, do not do this in public). However, if they are within sight when you are trying to start a conversation with a girl, pause the gaming until they’re gone, or move to a different area, out of sight.
Technically, if you are caught in a party with alcohol, you can be lashed. However, this rarely is the case in practice, as there are usually multiple opportunities to talk your way out and/or bribe your way out. As for language, just the fact that you are speaking English, there is a good chance you will charitably be looked upon as a foreigner who didn’t know better and given a pass. I have run into trouble with the police a few times, but have never come close to being lashed. Both times, it was being a foreigner and speaking English exclusively which saved the day. Each time, I got berated, told to learn the customs, and then sent on my way. In fact, of all my friends in Iran (most of which are very experienced), most have been caught, or found themselves in a little trouble at least a few times, and only one ever got to the point where he was lashed. It was 20 lashes in private, in case you’re wondering.
Of course, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES and the best strategy is to avoid any contact with these types in the first place.
ALCOHOL
As mentioned, alcohol is illegal, but as is usually the case, it can be found thru “dealers.” My recommendation is to not go out of your way to get it. If you’re at a young mixed-sex party in Tehran, most likely the hosts will have it and you can drink it there.
If you are an alcoholic that needs to drink every day, even while in non-social situations, Iran is a country best not visited for you

LODGING LOGISTICS
In my opinion, this is by far the most difficult obstacle to hurdle with trying to hook up in Iran.

Hotels are inaccessible with girls as the only females you can enter with are your spouse or a close-blood relative (even cousins are off limits). This is monitored very closely, so don’t try it. In addition, when I was last there, and as of my last information, apartments are not easy to get for short-term rentals (like with AirBnb). Have never heard of something akin to a hostel, although if they exist, I’m fairly certain they would be regulated like hotels.

If you are going to Iran to game, the lodging logistics situation must be thought of and well-organized in advance. It will very likely be a massive waste of your time and money if you think you are going to travel to Iran and figure out the lodging logistics later. In this case, you will most likely end up with a nice cultural experience during your trip, and not much else.

The best bet is to try to get friends who live on their own or are rich enough that their parents own a few apartments in the city, at least one of which is empty. I make no illusions that this is easy, but I do not see any other obvious way.
If the girl you are “dating” has a car, you can always try your luck in the car, but you do so at your own peril. I would not advise it.

MAKING GUY FRIENDS
This can be invaluable if they are the right kind of guys. If you can make friends with cool, fun guys who are non-religious and like to party and game they can be a fantastic resource. This is worth putting a little effort into and imo would yield much more benefit than in many other countries. Unfortunately, I don’t really have any recommendations on how to do this, as I doubt my situation is relevant to you guys. Beware, as there are many friendly dorks who will be falling over themselves to show you historical and touristic sights and make you their friend. These guys mean well, but are a waste of time, unless you’re coming to Iran for those purposes.

Here’s a basic (although somewhat vague) test for knowing what kind of guy you’re dealing with: Ask a guy about the hooking up/girl scene in Iran (in general terms, not as it applies to you personally) If he says something along the lines that girls and guys do not hook up or there is no pre-marital sex or something like that, then he’s bought into the bullshit and is probably under the poor delusion that he’s going to wait until marriage. Of course, do not make the mistake of believing him for one second. That’s just his depressing reality.

If he says “Oh yea, we have a party this Thursday and let’s go pick-up chicks” then he may be a guy who can show you the ropes. The guys who are on your wavelength will have no problem hollering at a girl, right then and there in front of you, and you can see what the deal is. Regardless, make no mistake: there are guys that are young, liberal and down to run through chicks in Iran. You just gotta find them.

Also, people in Iran use the term “party” loosely. If a guy invites you to a party, that could potentially mean 10 dudes sitting around listening to music and drinking tea. Be sure to specify that he means a mixed-sex party.

WHERE TO TAKE GIRLS FOR A “DATE”
The options are kind of limited variety-wise, but within the few categories there are nearly unlimited options. Basically, you are looking at:
1)Coffee shops (all over)
2)Parks (recommended as of 2005 Jamshidieh Park, Laleh park,
3)Cinemas
4)Restaurants
5)Fruit-juice stands (all over)
6)Malls (see above)
7)Museums/Former Shah’s palaces (easily findable)
8)Back to your apartment
9)To a party (not recommended due to bringing-food-to-buffet principle)

After meeting a girl and getting contact information, our most common action was to take them out to one of 1-6, and then back to the apartment on the same day. Surprisingly at that point, the resistance was largely minimal although of course a few girls weren’t down and we usually dropped them quickly. A few times, we met girls and invited them back directly to the apartment to listen to music and hang out. Of course, at that point, your own personality comes into play.

One important point: The vast majority of unmarried girls in their teens, 20’s and 30’s live at home. So what are the implications?
1)You cannot rely on her for a place to get intimate. Another reason why lodging logistics are absolutely crucial.
2)Many girls have curfews (10pm was not out of the question). This means that dates should be strategically scheduled in the early afternoon and intimacy usually in the late afternoon still during day-light. They are usually out by 8pm.

INTERNET GAME/PIPELINING
In this realm, there are a few options:
1)Yahoo Persian chat.
2)Tagged
Yahoo Persian chat attracts the type of girls who are down to meet up, but they are short in ratio, as for every one of them, there are 2 sex-bots and 4 horny Iranian guys trying to get in on them. I only got one meet-up from yahoo (which was a bust due to my own fault) but in fairness, I didn’t maintain my contacts when I got into the country as it was more fun and quicker to pick up on the streets.

Tagged seems like a good option, as I have been seeing quite a few Iranian girls on it, but I cannot speak from personal experience in saying that it delivers the meet-ups, as I was not on tagged.com the last time I came to Iran. So this is just an educated guess on my part as to what might work.

Also, internet connection in Iran absolutely suck and is unreliable. This was the case in 2005 and I can confirm through friends that it is still the case. Keep this in mind for your trip.

PARTIES
In Iran, if you got a little bit of game, getting noticed at parties is like shooting fish in a barrel (way easier than day-game but not as much thrill). Most of the external bitchiness which I have written that is exhibited during the day, largely melts away as they are in a familiar social atmosphere. The parties are private so the girls largely dress in nice, sexy dresses (meaning what I wrote about clothing above does not apply) and rap, house and Persian pop music (which is pretty good actually) will be the flavors on the stereo. Of course, fundamental game principles still apply as they do everywhere. Iranian guys are not subtle about who they are dating, so even with the language barrier, you will most likely very quickly notice which girls are taken and which ones are not.

You should have no shortage of girls (and guys) to talk to at a party, as you will be a novelty as a foreigner. Some may offer to show you something or another in Tehran, and you should have your cell phone number cocked and ready to give or input her number. The idea of a platonic opposite-sex friend is still largely foreign in Iran, so if a girl is finding a reason to be spending time alone with you for any reason, there almost certainly will be at least a subtext of romantic interest.

LANGUAGE
Persian/Farsi is the language of Iran. It’s probably a little harder german or french, but its really not that difficult, speaking wise (although the alphabet is Persian-arabic script and will take a little time).
English is not widely spoken in Iran at all. Tehran being the capital, you can expect the most number of people to speak English there, but by no means is it easy to get by with just English, as is the case for example in Germany. Almost all of the young generation knows how to read English because many are taught in school, but unless the person you are speaking to has made an express effort to learn English, or has spent time abroad, their speaking skills will usually be atrocious or non-existent.
Take the time to learn some phrases in Persian before you go, and try to learn as much as you can while you’re there. It will most likely have a high impact on the quality of your trip. Also, Iranians are highly enthusiastic for foreigners that learn their language, even if it is highly broken, poorly pronounced, and even the most basic of sentences. As always, best way to learn is with the girls you are dating.

TRANSPORTATION
When I was there, we drove around in our own car, or used street taxis. There is another service called “Agence” which is just a taxi service that you call to show up at your door. Taxi drivers will try to rip you off, so if you use the Agence, make sure to tell the operator your take-off point and destination and ask how much it costs roughly. Do the same for street-taxis. This way you’ll know if the taxi driver charges you over 10% of what you were quoted that he’s fishing to rip you off.
Metro
Since I have last been in Tehran, a metro-line has been constructed and expanded. I have not experienced this first-hand but I have heard it is efficient, extremely cheap and services many great areas. Probably worth checking out.

MARRIED WOMEN
Do not mess with married women under any circumstances. It’s not worth it (and in my opinion, its just wrong). The penalty in Iran for adultery is stoning, and although I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this actually happening in the capital (its more common for backwards little towns), you do not want to be caught up in drama like this. Obviously, Iranians do not have the same casual attitude towards spousal infidelity that is practically institutionalized in Western countries. If you meet a woman that’s married, best to not even touch her in any way, including hand-shaking.
If you are approaching in the street, make a habit of looking at the left hand of the girl for a wedding ring. This is important and you should make it a habit that’s second nature.

Good luck to whoever is adventurous to give Tehran a shot!

Tehran, Iran

Great post, man. My friend, Gary the Fish, was there last year and picked up a girl from a house party. But as you said, he said logistics were an absolute nightmare. Unless you have an unguarded apartment, it's not happening, he told me.

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering popping into Tehran in October so this really helps.

Tehran, Iran

NN,

No problem. I'm also considering making my return within the next few month. Probably unlikely that our dates match up, but in any case, feel free to shoot me a PM if you decide for sure.

Tehran, Iran

Great information, and your writing is so clear and crisp.

Do you think it would extra stupid risky for a Jew to visit with an ambivalent last name and no Israel stamps in the passport?

Tehran, Iran

LowerCaseG,

Thank you. I have iranian jewish friends who have visited without issue but I don't know personally of any non-iranian jews that have visited.

If I had to guess, I would say its pretty unlikely that you would experience a problem if you get your visa properly and you are not involved in any sort of political activity. However, this is just a guess-timation and should be treated as such.

Tehran, Iran

Fantastic and detailed report. I would absolutely love to go to Tehran. I look as white as one can be and speak fluent Farsi. But people tell me I will be thought of as a spy from America and never let free. Probably not, but on the 1% chance that can happen it has the effect of keeping me from visiting. Persian girls in America already love me, can't imagine how well I would do in Iran.

Tehran, Iran

Great report, Tehran fascinates me so good to get some information from a like minded guy.

I used to work with an Iranian girl and she was quite sexy, bit of a Persian princess though.

Tehran, Iran

Slubu,

Thank you. I understand your concerns. When dealing with authorities, I kept my mouth shut and only opened it to speak english, so that might be something for you to consider.

Also, without being too detailed, it might help some of other guys if you give a few tips as to how you learned persian (it sounds like you are not iranian).

Travelbangenjoy,

Thank you. Yes, Iranian girls (especially from Southern California) can have major princess attitude unfortunately.

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:44 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Slubu,

Thank you. I understand your concerns. When dealing with authorities, I kept my mouth shut and only opened it to speak english, so that might be something for you to consider.

Also, without being too detailed, it might help some of other guys if you give a few tips as to how you learned persian (it sounds like you are not iranian).

Travelbangenjoy,

Thank you. Yes, Iranian girls (especially from Southern California) can have major princess attitude unfortunately.

Actually, I'm persian but somehow got every recessive gene possible (or milkman). I'm white, dirty blonde hair, green eyes. People literally flip out when I speak Farsi. It's pretty sweet, I can eavesdrop like no other especially in Socal.

And yes, Iranian girls in Socal are princesses beyond belief. This includes my sister, and she's head and shoulders less entitled than the rest of them.

And for purposes of going to Iran, I have a jewish background so that complicates things even further. White looking jew who speaks fluently - not sure what they would make of that. I do know a decent amount of people there though that would show me around/party with.

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:52 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:44 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Slubu,

Travelbangenjoy,

Actually, I'm persian but somehow got every recessive gene possible (or milkman). I'm white, dirty blonde hair, green eyes. People literally flip out when I speak Farsi. It's pretty sweet, I can eavesdrop like no other especially in Socal.

And yes, Iranian girls in Socal are princesses beyond belief. This includes my sister, and she's head and shoulders less entitled than the rest of them.

And for purposes of going to Iran, I have a jewish background so that complicates things even further. White looking jew who speaks fluently - not sure what they would make of that. I do know a decent amount of people there though that would show me around/party with.

Slubu,

If you're iranian then I think your fears are over-stated. There are plenty of iranian-jews who go back and forth and get left alone as long as they are not involved in political activities. Hopefully you get a chance to go.

Tehran, Iran

Thanks a lot for the datasheet, it's very interesting!

Quote: (08-02-2012 06:43 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

Great post, man. My friend, Gary the Fish, was there last year and picked up a girl from a house party. But as you said, he said logistics were an absolute nightmare. Unless you have an unguarded apartment, it's not happening, he told me.

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering popping into Tehran in October so this really helps.

I will also go to Iran in October for a few weeks.

I have tons of friends I will meet there. A few girls have already given me their numbers telling me they would "show me around" and a divorced woman has even invited me to her house lol

I speak conversational Persian and yeah, I really really advise anyone considering a visit to Iran to learn some Persian. It just opens so many doors when dealing with Iranians (even outside of Iran).

I'm actually very interested in the culture of the country in itself but if I can get to spend some time with a few nice girls it'll be great.

Talking about logistics, do you think camping could be a good idea or do they have the same restrictions as in the hotels?

Tehran, Iran

Tresor,

I went camping once and it was miserable because of the practically non-existant camping facilities.

When I was camping, I don't remember seeing basij or moral police. I never considered the possibility of going camping to escape the restrictions. Might work: 1) during summer so you're not freezing, 2) if you can get a girl to agree, and 3) if you don't mind some serious discomfort.

Tehran, Iran

awesome read. I think that Iran kind of gets a bad rap because it's always being associated with nuclear weapons and stuff in the news over here in the states. But from what I've seen and read about Tehran, combined with your post, Tehran seems like a really modern, cool, interesting city.

Tehran, Iran

You didn't say much about Sigheh. Don't you have to go through that step before a girl will have sex with you?

I had posted a documentary earlier on here which talked about how common place sigheh and prostitution are in Tehran.

Tehran, Iran

Rlongo,

Thanks. Tehran interesting and cool, yes. Modern? I don't know if I'd go that far, if you're thinking about Paris or London, for example.

ManAbout,

As I mentioned, sigeh is largely a creature of poor south tehran. No, its not necessary. If anything, it would probably repulse any girl who's middle-class or above.

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (08-03-2012 01:40 PM)Technics Wrote:  

ManAbout,

As I mentioned, sigeh is largely a creature of poor south tehran. No, its not necessary. If anything, it would probably repulse any girl who's middle-class or above.

OK, sorry I missed that part of your extensive post. I was under the impression that this was a requirement and unless one is Muslim, it's not worth going to Tehran, at least for the women. You seem to indicate that being a foreigner might actually be an advantage.

Tehran, Iran

I'm actually pipelining an Iraqi woman right now that I met on Tagged. She's actually Kuwaiti-born, but her parents moved to Iraq when she was young. She was actually married to an American for 3 years, as she worked as an interpreter for US Forces, and the guy was a site supervisor that made travel arrangements for the interpreters. She's already talking about meeting, but it will probably be in Turkey, since she's been there several times. I am curious about Iraq and Iran, but I've already thought about the cultural issues regarding being with women in public, etc.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Tehran, Iran

Aafarin! Man az een post kheili khosham miyad. Damet garm [Image: smile.gif]

I've always wanted to go, but I think I'm gonna wait for the politics to ease up a little first. My cousin was there during the height of the protest movement, and has all these stories about wearing green in the streets and mean-mugging basijis, but I like a little more tranquility I suppose. That, and the hijab thing really makes me uncomfortable...not sure why.

Tehran, Iran

ManAbout,

No problem. I would definitely say being a forigner is an advantage as far as getting initial attention. After that, it'll only go as far as you take it. However, given the difficulties, I'm not sure if that one advantage balances out all of the challenges if you're trying to go there just for girls.

Timoteo,

Not sure what your iraqi woman has to do with this post but I think you got the right idea meeting her in Turkey.

polymath,

Agha motshakeram, glad you liked the post. One thing: if you wait until politics ease up a little, as you say, you may wait your whole life or be an old man before you can go. It really boils down to if you really want to go or not.

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (08-05-2012 12:47 AM)Technics Wrote:  

ManAbout,

No problem. I would definitely say being a forigner is an advantage as far as getting initial attention. After that, it'll only go as far as you take it. However, given the difficulties, I'm not sure if that one advantage balances out all of the challenges if you're trying to go there just for girls.

Timoteo,

Not sure what your iraqi woman has to do with this post but I think you got the right idea meeting her in Turkey.

polymath,

Agha motshakeram, glad you liked the post. One thing: if you wait until politics ease up a little, as you say, you may wait your whole life or be an old man before you can go. It really boils down to if you really want to go or not.

What the Iraqi woman has to do with this post is that while there are obvious differences between Iran and Iraq, I would imagine there are cultural/religious similarities also, especially with regards to public interaction between men and women.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Tehran, Iran

Just want to share this with everyone:
A Documentary of Iran by American Travel Writer Rick Steves

Tehran, Iran

Just wanted to post a few pics of a private party in Tehran. As OP said, everything in Iran is behind closed doors (no bars, clubs etc...). Also know that the cops do try their best to break up the fun and you don't want to get caught at a pool party full of half naked girls and alcohol at 3 in the morning, but if you do get caught, you could sometimes bribe your way out. My uncle got caught last month and he managed to bribe the cops to let them go. The cop even gave him his personal phone number and said to contact him if he gets into trouble lmao

Anyway, some pics of a private party. I can post pages of these pics every week. The Iranian govt has tried its best to make Iran into Saudi Arabia, but the only thing its managed to accomplish is to make the youth of Iran hate Islam more and love the West more. As my parents like to say, Iran was much more Islamic under the Shah than it's today. Everything in the public is a show. I just wish the zionist controlled media of the West would do some actual journalism and show the real Iran instead of showing the big bad scary mullahs 24/7.

hmm.. don't know how to post img links in this forum. Maybe I can't yet b/c of my post count.
Go to this thread and scroll down. There are also some good pics of Tehran itself.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread...st94706648

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (09-02-2012 04:46 PM)Nima Wrote:  

Just wanted to post a few pics of a private party in Tehran. As OP said, everything in Iran is behind closed doors (no bars, clubs etc...). Also know that the cops do try their best to break up the fun and you don't want to get caught at a pool party full of half naked girls and alcohol at 3 in the morning, but if you do get caught, you could sometimes bribe your way out. My uncle got caught last month and he managed to bribe the cops to let them go. The cop even gave him his personal phone number and said to contact him if he gets into trouble lmao

Anyway, some pics of a private party. I can post pages of these pics every week.
Go to this thread and scroll down. There are also some good pics of Tehran itself.

Pics taken at 2013?There is still hope in Iran as it seems.

Tehran, Iran

Quote: (09-02-2012 04:49 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2012 04:46 PM)Nima Wrote:  

Anyway, some pics of a private party. I can post pages of these pics every week.

Pics taken at 2013?There is still hope in Iran as it seems.
yeah they're new. And thanks to the mullahs, Iran has become more Western believe it or not. Most young people hate everything Islamic and Eastern and love everything Western. It's actually gotten a little too much.

Also remember, more than 70 percent of Iraninans were born after the revolution, including me, so none of us even experienced the previous regime nor did we ask for a revolution. Our parents also didn't want this, but that's a discussion for another thread

Tehran, Iran

Maybe they are indeed from the future.Iranians dream of an Iran full of pool parties with half naked women.