rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Budget hotel in Manila

Budget hotel in Manila

Hello everybody

I am flying to Manila in a week and I have no idea where to stay. Ill stay in Manila for 3 days . I am looking for a cheap hotel / private room. If anyone would recommend me a cheap place to stay I would be really grateful ( preferably a good location for gaming). I know I could just search on the web, but I thought it would better to get some recommendations here.

Cheers

Budget hotel in Manila

I avoided Manila like the plague, but from what I understand, the *only* part of Manila you want to be in is Makati City.

It might not be as cheap as you like, but Manila is known as the worst city in SE Asia for a reason. Stay out of the nasty parts.

Budget hotel in Manila

The tourist stay in Ermita / Malate. Check out the hotels on M. Adriatico as close to Robinson Mall as you can get. There are lots of guest houses and cheap hotels around there, like $25. You can day game all day at the mall. Plan on climbing over people sleeping on the streets at night. If you don't like dirty don't stay here. If you want something higher end stay in Makati or stay in Pasay near Mall of Asia the largest and nicest mall in Manila. You can Day Game there too. Manila is a giant crowded dirty wild city, maybe 12 million or so people. If you are into clean and orderly, skip Manila and just take your next flight out.

Budget hotel in Manila

Dont' stay in ermita/malate. Stay in makati. Ermita/malate is the worst for pickpockets, being harassed by ladyboys int he streets, whores every which way you look, WHOLE families sleeping on cardboard on the street, etc. It's the shithole of shitholes in Manila.

Budget hotel in Manila

I was in Manila in April. Stayed in an apartment in Makati for a week or so. It was ok, and "guest friendly". Cost php1750 per night (approx $40)

If I return, I would consider getting a condo / apartment at Robinsons Place (Mall) Malate. Indicated price php1500 - 1700 per night.

These price would reduce somewhat if you stay a month or more.

Budget hotel in Manila

thanks guys for the answers and advices, i decided ill book a hotel in makati.

Budget hotel in Manila

El cielito in Makati is decent. It's guest friendly, and walking distance to the high end mall in Makati.

Budget hotel in Manila

You can also stay near Quezon City/Cubao. It's where most upper middle class Philippinos live. Stay away from Malate/Ermita unless you prefer backpacker chicks.

Also don't forget to hit up "the Fort"-- Fort Bonifacio-- a completely new developed area. And there are some good nightclubs just north of the airport/east of the Mall of Asia. i swear so many douchebags just see the local equivalent of Times Square.