rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting laid through Instagram

So Instragram has become somewhat of a challenge for me. I want to crack it for the hell of it.

For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's basically a Facebook for only photos that works on Android or iPhone (you can't really use it online except with 3rd party site http://statigr.am). The problem is you can't directly message other people. I've been tinkering with it and learned that you can get strangers visiting your feed if you put a bunch of descriptive hashtags on your photos. Other people will find them and give you love, including girls.

This is the model I got so far:

1. Put up exciting photos of the places you go, but you also need some self-shots so girls know how you look like. Tag it with #me so there is no ambiguity.

2. Explore photos that are tagged with the city you are in. Look through girl-sounding names and check out their appearance. If they look good, start commenting on their photos. Ask elderly questions and see if they respond. Try to get a little dialogue going to test her openness.

3. Follow her.

That's all I got so far. I'm thinking where to go from here, but I'm guessing it would involve dropping a comment like, "Where's a good place to go this weekend?" I don't know. It's hard without direct messaging, but at the same time this is a strength because other guys are not using it to get laid. They're just clicking the Like button and saying beta shit like "so beautiful!"

My sister told me that an app called Kik goes along with Instagram, but I haven't tried it yet.

Any tips I missed?

cant you use the contact them privately chat thats on that page?

Quote: (07-30-2012 03:37 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

cant you use the contact them privately chat thats on that page?

Not sure what you mean. There is no such option. In the app the only option you have is to Follow, Report, and Block user.

oh sorry. Just realized that link was an example of a similar site.

Kik is instant messaging so it will go great for PM.. I havent tried instagram, Ive been working on getting laid through YouTube lets see how it goes..

Quote: (07-30-2012 04:54 PM)BCien Wrote:  

Kik is instant messaging so it will go great for PM.. I havent tried instagram, Ive been working on getting laid through YouTube lets see how it goes..

Break down the Youtube lay report, please. How does it work?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (07-30-2012 05:17 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2012 04:54 PM)BCien Wrote:  

Break down the Youtube lay report, please. How does it work?
Hahah Im working on it,revolves me uploading a video playing the guitar, girl messaging me asking me where Im from, it ended up being she visits family near where I live and wants to meet me, I havent closed the deal, Im also not going to lie that Ive been using most resources Ive learned from here when messaging her on youtube and they seem to work she seems to be pretty interested. Shes about a 7, 20 yr old.
But I will get a report as soon as I close the deal haha

I don't really get the whole instagram deal, is it just like twitter/facebook but with photos?

It seems like the city name hash tag might be fine of a sieve. And it can sometimes be hard to guess the gender by username.

You could script it with a crawler and libface.
You could also correlate tags with the city name, to expand the search domain.

Im glad I don't know what instagram is yet. Ill figure it out eventually but i'm glad i dont have a damn clue about that right now.

Mmm...I admit my skepticism toward Instagram's game but who knows, you might be onto something with a bit of experimentation. I personally think it is all about calibration.

On a side note, the only online game I have seen paying dividends is Yelp Game. One of my buddies gets good traction messaging and adding girls that write reviews about restaurants that are in his neighborhood. He asks them about the restaurant they commented about, then adds them, and after a back and forth about their "extraordinary culinary local experiences" he suggests they join forces to explore new venues as partners in crime.

He isnt pulling top level girls (8+) yet but has been able to get a steady pipeline. And most importantly, ionce they come out he has a very high rate of first date bang conversation ratio.

I have experimented with different kinds of social media sites out of game purposes previously. Personally I'd say that unless you live a very unique lifestyle and/or got that money to throw around like the rich kids in the other thread then your ROI is going to be very weak. You simply have to have such a massive (female) following for those low percentages.

Alright, so I have a decent lead on instagram, and I'm not quite sure how to capitalize on it.

Here's the deal: this girl from across the country started following me on IG a few weeks ago - no idea who she is, but she has liked a bunch of my pictures since then. I checked out her profile tonight, and she updated it to say that she now lives in my city, and is 24 years old. Perfect. She has some pictures of herself in her photo feed - she's cute, definitely a girl I'd let sleep with me.

Anyway, so tonight I "followed" her on IG, and within a few minutes she likes my latest photo. Not sure how to interpret that, but it seems like a step in the right direction.

So, I'm wondering how to take this interaction to the next level. Googled her username, but didn't get anything. Not sure what would be the least creepy approach here - just leave a comment on one of her photos, asking for her Facebook or something? Go for the email address? Any ideas? I'd love to pursue this one just for the sake of it, so I'm down to try anything you guys throw out at me.

Quote: (08-13-2012 12:07 AM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

Alright, so I have a decent lead on instagram, and I'm not quite sure how to capitalize on it.

Here's the deal: this girl from across the country started following me on IG a few weeks ago - no idea who she is, but she has liked a bunch of my pictures since then. I checked out her profile tonight, and she updated it to say that she now lives in my city, and is 24 years old. Perfect. She has some pictures of herself in her photo feed - she's cute, definitely a girl I'd let sleep with me.

Anyway, so tonight I "followed" her on IG, and within a few minutes she likes my latest photo. Not sure how to interpret that, but it seems like a step in the right direction.

So, I'm wondering how to take this interaction to the next level. Googled her username, but didn't get anything. Not sure what would be the least creepy approach here - just leave a comment on one of her photos, asking for her Facebook or something? Go for the email address? Any ideas? I'd love to pursue this one just for the sake of it, so I'm down to try anything you guys throw out at me.

Some girls will just use you to get likes. They figure, "Hey, If I like this dude's picture, maybe he'll like mine back."

It makes sense, and may not have anything to do with you personally. Check if she likes a shit ton of pictures, and if she does, it may mean that you're not so special after all.

With that being said, I've never gamed a girl on Instagram.

I use my Instagram account to post all the photos of the awesome (read: random European countries) and f'ed up places I go (read: countries banned to Americans or at least difficult to get into). I find it ups my game by almost a full point just by having an interesting story to tell. For instance, I don't have my working vacation photos from Syria uploaded yet.

Sidenote about the f'ed up places: Photos of those usually get my flag count higher just for showing some knowledge of the girl's home country/culture.

Other than that, it's photos of drunk, irritating people with their cats and photos of brunch.

Lets not forget Instagram is also a photo editing app, where you can filter your photos and change the colors.
Most people do that and repost their photos via fb or twitter. yes, its hard to communicate since there is not way to contact them directly.
Some of the girls might put their facebook or twitter account on IG, its probably the best way to contact them and you should put your facebook contact as well. you never know what girl will add you.

Of course, post exciting photos of yourself with friends, girls, travel photos and hashtag your photos examples, #travel #clubbing #fashion #pool , that will you account will get more exposure to other people.

Why not leave a message asking them to add you on facebook ?

I have just been adding, like celebrity dudes, who looks like me, the added their hot followers, got a almost 20% followback rate, Then defollowed, the otherones.

Now have I been on for 55 weeks, and the amount of users has exploded.
I recently met one of my "instafriends" in a night club, but in reallife, she looked kinda of massive. And im more of a petit liker, so a real disapointment. But it was fun.

I dont add/ask for facebook, meny has their Kik profile name, in their info, have chatted up a few girls their. On ended up in a lay.

After the first nightclub experience with the latino looking hotie who, was massive in the Polish way( Lot a fine girls i Poland, but the ones their are massive thick, are massive). And she was massive. So now I checked full body pics before adding on KIK, wich allow to message private, so your not on every hot chick in your towns picturs, adding cheese lines..
So Kik is good for me, I found a girl, wich I checked through Pipl.com / facebook ( had one relative friend, where mine not was a friend, but a random girl from school years. havent seen for years, so no wingman option.
chatted here up on skype, one thursday evening, she had some wine, we "shared" a glass. Talked for a good half hour. Then she rekon we live in the same area code, so I asked, If you should come buy with a bottle of wine. She was on.

So I jumped my paddle Bike, went to the shop, got some Boujoulais wine.

She was very pretty, like an 8, start 30ies, nicely dress and smelled good. Had a very nice apparment. She broth us glass, and some almonds.
We talked, She told some stories, I ralated..
after 2 glasses, I made the move to kiss, the liked we fuck within 20 minuttes of forplay.

I like checking instagram, seeing cool photos, some girls a quit naugty, if having private profile, those with cameltoe shots, they are ready to fuck! The ones I have are just to young for me. Its cool they follow me, but even though its legal here, I could not break the rule ( half age + 7 as or minumum 21 year.)

I'm getting blown out (no results) on Instagram with the elderly comments on photos.
Maybe I need to give it a little more time though.

Quote: (07-31-2012 11:59 PM)Oblivion77 Wrote:  

Mmm...I admit my skepticism toward Instagram's game but who knows, you might be onto something with a bit of experimentation. I personally think it is all about calibration.

On a side note, the only online game I have seen paying dividends is Yelp Game. One of my buddies gets good traction messaging and adding girls that write reviews about restaurants that are in his neighborhood. He asks them about the restaurant they commented about, then adds them, and after a back and forth about their "extraordinary culinary local experiences" he suggests they join forces to explore new venues as partners in crime.

He isnt pulling top level girls (8+) yet but has been able to get a steady pipeline. And most importantly, ionce they come out he has a very high rate of first date bang conversation ratio.

My friend invited me to a Yelp party in my city and that shit was off the hook. Tons of free booze and food plus the ratio of females to males was definitely solid and most of them were bangable. Don't sleep if one pops up in your town. I didn't even have to bitch about cold waffles to enjoy the perks!

Insta-bangs are definitely do able.

I recently hooked up with an 18yr old, probably a 7, tiny with a really tight body and a great fuck.

I sent a few messages back and forth, found out of a place she hadn't been before, set up to pick her up and hang out for the day. Visited attraction, got lunch and chilled at the beach. Made her feel comfortable with me and said lets go back to mine and hang out, it had been a long day so we went up to the room to watch a movie, pick something she would like. Cuddle up, then was too late to take her home so she stayed and the bang happened, 3 times. Meeting to bang 10 hours with very little investment and a good day out.

I usually search hashtags for the area I'm in, a local landmark or beach or similar. Filter through hot girls and see if you can see that they live local and not just tourist on day trip etc. Give them a few photo likes and see if they reciprocate. If they're young (like a lot of users are), you can normally find out their age from the bio or past photos to be sure.

There's a few things to add onto what has already been mentioned.

A couple of tools to get chatting to someone from there. As mentioned Kik, there is also an app called InstaMessage which automatically shows everyone you follow who also has the app. If they don't have those apps, ask them in a short comment to get it. The good thing about these apps is that they are pretty crap, slow and just not as tidy interface as text/whatsapp, so after you get to know someone it is easy to say "I hate using this app, text me it's easier #.....".

A lot of young girls will have a twitter account, usually in the same username so you can either mention them, or follow them and hope they do too so that you can private message. But it's also useful to find out her value, what she's into etc so you have some knowledge and ammo for chat or date subjects. Also for added stalking you can obviously check her facebook out as most people display their full name.

You have to be a little bit careful if you're trying to set up on a few girls, as the new feed will show each of them what you are liking and commenting on other peoples photos, this is the cock block in the app which I hope changes one day. Keep comments in the app to a minimum. A good indicator is if she starts liking every photo you upload, then it is easy to start chatting and getting a number.

Quote: (07-31-2012 11:59 PM)Oblivion77 Wrote:  

I had a great opening into Yelp game a while ago, with cute hipster chicks contacting me out of the blue to tell me how much they loved my reviews (they were outside the ordinary and fit a specific niche). Unfortunately, Yelp removed several of my reviews, then summarily banned my account without warning - I guess they were a little too strange for the content guidelines. I tried to readd them under a different moniker and got shut down in 36 hours. There's a way to work it; if I can get it done again without Yelp getting butthurt about what I write, I'll drop a methodology.

I Instagram a lot. Almost impossible to pick up on there as no one wants to put their contact info out there in a comment that they cant delete (which you cant). Better to just swap usernames with girls you meet then use the program to DHV you as you show all ths cool shit you are doing.

Great for social circle game. You get introduced to a girl, follow each other, and then the next time you see her in person she has this conception of you as "most interesting man in the world".

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

I just found this post most interesting and decided to install instagram.
I just posted the first pic of the view from my small office and shared it on FB, and got instant response from my contacts, and even some flakey girls that were dead to me rised up from their cyberpixel graves..

I'm wondering about the power of this hipster app. Is hipster the way to go?

Anyone remember Photolog? I dont use Instagram, but from the description, thats what it is.

Quote:Prowl Wrote:

Great for social circle game. You get introduced to a girl, follow each other, and then the next time you see her in person she has this conception of you as "most interesting man in the world".

This looks like the way to go. Otherwise, it seems like too much effort just to "meet a girl".

Seems so much easier and cost effective to go out to a bar at the city you are in and approach.