rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminism wraps its tentacles around Korea

In particular note the comments most of which are oozing beta out of every pore.

http://www.koreabang.com/2012/stories/mo...stice.html

PS. Roosh will have a copyright battle on his hands should he ever come to write a layguide for Korea.

Sad, but again, another country that's been totally dominated by men for many years. Girls are basically expected to never have boyfriends, to only date guys her father approves of, and basically get married when he tells her it's time.

Feminism might be a natural reaction to patriarchy that needs to happen - the trouble is it's so infused with repressed anger that it ends up ugly and too extreme.

I really hope things swing back into healthy balance one day. Humans with equal rights, men being masculine and women being feminine.

Quote: (07-26-2012 12:31 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Sad, but again, another country that's been totally dominated by men for many years. Girls are basically expected to never have boyfriends, to only date guys her father approves of, and basically get married when he tells her it's time.

And, yet, arranged marriages seem to work in such patriarchal societies. In the "progressive" West, where marriages are based on "love" (i.e., a temporary insanity), they do not seem to work all that well.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Depends what you mean by "work". If you mean they dont divorce, yes. Doesnt mean people are happy in them - domestic abuse in such countries is huge, and divorce is socially unacceptable. It would leave many women as damaged goods, unable to earn or find a new man. They have to stick it out and not complain, even if they hate it.

I agree people are probably happier taking on roles natural to their gender. There's data that shows women are happier as homemakers than careerists.

I dont think gender inequality( in terms of human rights + economic opportunities) or domestic abuse are atall healthy though, and I think arranged marriage is tied to those quite closely. Although which way the causation runs, Im not sure.

Quote: (07-26-2012 04:21 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Depends what you mean by "work". If you mean they dont divorce, yes. Doesnt mean people are happy in them - domestic abuse in such countries is huge, and divorce is socially unacceptable.

I have plenty of Indian friends whose wives were chosen by their parents. They do not see arranged marriages as something bad. It's their tradition. They were young and horny when they were single, and they knew nothing about life. They submitted to their parents' authority, trusting that their parents, having lived longer, knew what is best for them.

They were virgins. They got virgin wives. They never fucked other women, and their wives never fucked other men (officially at least). This is completely incomprehensible to people like us, but I look at them and they seem content. They do not seem to have such high expectations from marriage. Instead of love --> marriage, they see it more like marriage --> love.

Our "tradition" is a few decades old. Their tradition is 1000s of years old. Let us at least consider the possibility that their tradition might have some advantages in some cases.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

South Korea is more westernized than you may think, but when it comes to male/female interaction, it's still dominated by males and even betas can find cute girls to sleep with. It has a pretty high divorce rate, though. However, for dating it's great. Although some of the women can have princess attitudes, it's easy to put those in their place. The vast majority of girls are very feminine and sexy, but will take advantage of a weaker man very quickly.

For marriage, it's a bit trickier. They say for marriage you need three keys. One to the home, one to the office, and one to the car. So you're expected to be the provider, even if your fiance/wife has a good job. Things are changing, though.

Western culture is slowly creeping it's infectious tentacles throughout the world, but it isn't too bad in a lot of places yet. Some locations even reject it.