rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do Real Men Get Plastic Surgery...

Perhpas this topic has already been discussed, and if so I apologize in advance.

I was up the other night, reading some writings from Roosh in which he mentioned making positive changes to ones self, and used the example of getting surgery to fix an extremely large nose. I have always been torn on the idea of getting plastic surgery. Naturally, women and vain, semi-feminine come to mind when thinking about persons who get plastic surgery. However, I can't deny the fact that there are certain physical features that I know would make me look 25% better at least, should I get them corrected.

Have any guys on this form ever considered going under the knife? Granted, I know ultimately it's a personal choice, and no one should care what others think, but what is the general feeling of a guy who get's surgery to fix something purely for asthetics? Also, has any one considered how their family, friends, ex's, children, co-workers, etc. would view them once you come back from vacation looking like Henry Cavill or Idirs Elba? Granted, they may think you're hot now, but would that still lower your value, with them possibly thinking you're insecure that you're willing to do something so drastic?

I'd be afraid of waking up one day and looking like Kenny Rogers or Sly Stallone. Even if the first surgery is a great success, that little incentive would make somebody very likely to gamble again.

I would do it if I hated a part of my face. Cant you enlarge your dick?

Look at it not as if you think a real man would do it, but as any other decision. Do you think it will benefit you and do the rewards outweigh the risks? Unless if you have some crazy debilitating feature, I doubt the rewards really do outweigh the risks, especially in the longterm, but that is something you have do decide. But to answer your question, I would say the general opinion of men who get plastic surgery is similar to men who wear makeup. Unless if you are an actor, or some type of public figure, I can't imagine any scenario where you would want people to know you had it done.

Also, do you travel alot to where you will actually see the rewards, or do you live in a close knit community where word will spread and people will know?

Questions like this have to stop.

It's your life.

What do you want to do?

Unless you're raping babies in a sex dungeon or something, there is no wrong answer to that question.

I don't think the relevant consideration is whether it is "manly." The important thing is whether the benefits outweigh the costs - whether the pain, recovery time, expense and risk are outweighed by the likely improvement in your appearance. You'd need to speak with a surgeon to figure that out. He may say only marginal improvements are possible. Rhinoplasty is the only surgery I've seen that seems to regularly improve people's appearance to a significant extent. The age-reversal procedures often look unnatural (see Kenny Rogers). But appearance is important, even for men. I suppose it could be considered vain by some people, like pursuing wealth could be considered greedy, but in the real world money and looks matter. It is only a character flaw if it dominates your thoughts and you lose perspective.

Quote: (07-24-2012 01:48 PM)houston Wrote:  

Your face looks like a dick!!![Image: banana.gif] [Image: tard.gif] [Image: angel.gif]

I recently went to a concert to see the legendary rock band Journey. I was with a friend of their keyboard guy. He does alot of the jewelry for the band. The guys in the band are in their 50's, their friends are also in their 50's. The guys in the band all looked alot younger and fresher then their friends. They said they found a great plastic surgeon.

They guys in the band had smoking hot girls with them who were much younger.

Without the plastic surgery they would look like old men.

Yes

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:12 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Your face looks like a dick!!![Image: banana.gif] [Image: tard.gif] [Image: angel.gif]
[Image: sleepy.gif]

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:47 PM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:40 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

Yes
Any information on it? How safe? How much does it cost? How many inches get added?

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:48 PM)houston Wrote:  

Yes
Any information on it? How safe? How much does it cost? How many inches get added?

I've read it can turn south quick. Like your cock getting deformed.

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/penisheal...arge_2.htm

Yes

Don't get surgery.
You can do it with 'exercises.'

I'd google PEGym or Thundersplace, both have all the information to get you started.

My understanding is that lengthening is difficult, and you can't add a great deal of length. In part it requires cutting a ligament that will allow you to hang a little lower, then you have to do some stretching that can create more problems than it solves. It's easier to add girth by transplanting fat along the sides of the penis. I would imagine a dude must be extremely unhappy with his equipment to undergo this kind of surgery.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I had surgery done on my nose because I broke it twice and it was crooked. I walked around for years like this not thinking I was the plastic surgery type of person, but I did it and I can't tell you how much better it looks. I went from constantly being self conscious to not thinking about it at all.

If you have been considering doing it for a long time, don't wait. Do it now.

And if you live near NJ and want the name of my plastic surgeon, PM me.

As for cosmetic surgery in general, I guess it there's a particular feature that you're extremely unhappy with, like ears that stick out, or an unusually large or crooked nose, go for it if it will make you feel better. But getting procedures to make you look younger? Nah, I can't see doing that. You can't end up looking like a freak. As long as a man doesn't have jowls, it's good to look your age. I can see getting hair plugs for some men, while others can pull off the bald look. It depends on how attached you are to your hair. I know men that have shaved their heads by choice, while others were going bald so they were proactive and shaved it.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Yes

Using surgery to make your dick bigger is not a good idea.
The only method that makes sense to me is to use a traction device. It's basically a metal cage that keeps a flaccid dick under continuous tension for several hours a day, for as many months until you get the desired results. They're pretty cost effective too. Like 300 bucks.

If you've ever seen somebody with earlobes gauged out to like 2 inches, you know that stretching soft tissue works over time.

Traction devices (I have heard) are also used after PE surgery to prevent scar tissue from deforming the penis, many speculate that the only actual gains from surgery are the result of these devices.

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:02 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

It's your life.

What do you want to do?

Unless you're raping babies in a sex dungeon or something, there is no wrong answer to that question.

Like I said, I know it's a personal decision. Then again, deciding where one should travel is a personal decision too. Should those questions stop as well? I value the opinion of some of the players on this board, who have a good command of trends, fashion, style, and popular opinion.

You pm'd me for fashion advice then never sent photos. Then debated about age and where the attraction levels starts via PM. Then start a thread on if you should get plastic surgery.

Simply based on this you are insecure about your older age and are likely considering some sort of Botox.

I have no hate on being insecure we all have them but I strongly suggest you make more moves before you go under a knife.

Your typing style seems like you may have enough cash to throw on some threads, maybe change your hairstyle, maybe change your diet. I'd happily respond and help quickly, problem is most people are too pussy to straight seek help when it's needed. That and they take criticism very poorly I don't fuck around I'll straight tell you your clothes are whack or not haircut etc.

Then again I am a young guy and must have no idea what I am talking about, oh well! [Image: undecided.gif]

Send over photos as you said you would and i'll help you with your style within the week. Worry about surgery later clothes cost $50 surgery is in the 5 figures. Do not need a face shot I can tell in an eye blink if your clothes fit are the right color and if you need to hit the gym.

Quote: (07-24-2012 03:41 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:02 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

It's your life.

What do you want to do?

Like I said, I know it's a personal decision. Then again, deciding where one should travel is a personal decision too. Should those questions stop as well? I value the opinion of some of the players on this board, who have a good command of trends, fashion, style, and popular opinion.

Botox is not too bad, not something guys really need, could be okay for a particular event. Costmetic dentistry or othodontic procedures probably enhance a person's look equally as cosmetic surgery. Dentistry and whitening is probably an acceptible way to go, it won't turn you into a freak.

I had rhinoplasty when I was in my mid-teens. My reasons were not purely cosmetic... I broke my nose while playing soccer when I was a little kid and it healed crooked. The doctor removed some nasal polyps in the process, allowing me to breathe more easily. Without a doubt, I look better now...healing was kind of a pain in the face, but all in all it was worth the trouble.

What exactly can you get done on your face? I used to hate my full lips so much but learned that girls love them. I always told myself I would get plastic surgery on them but hell no. These lips ain't no joke [Image: eatpuss.gif]

I think I might get it to help with the wrinkles around my eyes when the time comes. Who knows how I'll feel in 20 years though.

[quote='WestCoast' pid='242041' dateline='1343186475']
You pm'd me for fashion advice then never sent photos. Then debated about age and where the attraction levels starts via PM. Then start a thread on if you should get plastic surgery.

Simply based on this you are insecure about your older age and are likely considering some sort of Botox.

I have no hate on being insecure we all have them but I strongly suggest you make more moves before you go under a knife.

Your typing style seems like you may have enough cash to throw on some threads, maybe change your hairstyle, maybe change your diet. I'd happily respond and help quickly, problem is most people are too pussy to straight seek help when it's needed. That and they take criticism very poorly I don't fuck around I'll straight tell you your clothes are whack or not haircut etc.

Then again I am a young guy and must have no idea what I am talking about, oh well! [Image: undecided.gif]

Send over photos as you said you would and i'll help you with your style within the week. Worry about surgery later clothes cost $50 surgery is in the 5 figures. Do not need a face shot I can tell in an eye blink if your clothes fit are the right color and if you need to hit the gym."

I would definitely appreciate fashion advice from you or anyone who is skilled in that area. I am not one who generally takes a lot of pictures of myself, so quite honestly I don't have any to send that would be representative of how I dress when going out on the town. Still, I'm a little uncertain as to what that has to do with my asking question concerning cosmetic surgery. Those are 2 different issues. A nice sweater has nothing to do with an overly large nose, etc. My asking the question about cosmetic surgery shouldn't give you the impression that I don't want to improve my clothing game. I still welcome your advice, and will get some photos to you as soo as I have some that you can work with.

Also, the question was meant to be a general question in response to a statement I read in one of Roosh's posts. It's not as if I've been contemplating surgery for years or something. What he said got me to thinking about the viability of cosmetic surgery and how it would be perceived by family friends, and the public in general.

I have considered it, but not nearly convinced that it would benefit me as much as doing other things such as actually lifting heavy weights for a year and learning to fight.

Quote: (07-24-2012 03:36 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Using surgery to make your dick bigger is not a good idea.
The only method that makes sense to me is to use a traction device. It's basically a metal cage that keeps a flaccid dick under continuous tension for several hours a day, for as many months until you get the desired results. They're pretty cost effective too. Like 300 bucks.

If you've ever seen somebody with earlobes gauged out to like 2 inches, you know that stretching soft tissue works over time.

Traction devices (I have heard) are also used after PE surgery to prevent scar tissue from deforming the penis, many speculate that the only actual gains from surgery are the result of these devices.

Do you wear any special trousers so that your colleagues don't notice the mechanical shape of your crotch? Extra baggy for instance.

How long did it take your traction device to take you from 7 ins to 9 ins? And are you long and fat (no homo) or long and thin like Wesley Pipes?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards