rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Approach Thread

The Approach Thread

MrXY 100 approach thread has inspired me. It is hard to approach sometimes. I have been stuck in Kuwait with all the lack of pussy here it as given me an excuse not to approach. Plus the fact that alot of soldiers are getting caught up in pussy and getting all types of problems. From getting sent home early, to f**kbuddies calling wives at home up, to couples making plans for the future when they get back to the states. Shit is crazy but still no excuses. I need to get on that grind so I decided to start this thread. Going off MrXY thread here is what should be posted.

MrXY:
"Post here each approach, including details of the girl, venue characteristics, what occurred, and if applicable, what influenced the outcome, including what you think you did right and wrong. Postings will be made within 24 hours of the approaches whenever possible."

Reason for posting is to inspire others to get on that approach grind, entertain, help each other with criticism, and just a reminder that anything can happen with an approach. Getting a number, getting a smash, getting some play, or getting rejected doesn't matter as much as just approaching.

Hopefully we can keep this thread just on the approaches and criticism. If you get laid later you can post on the "I just got laid" thread and we have the” I just got flaked on” thread too.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

The Approach Thread

Today's approach:

I had been seeing this new boriqua the last few weeks. A six with a tight body and a scar on her chin. The scar is kinda sexy though. I have been playing poker the last two weeks. I finally started to socalize after 10 months of work, gym, room, and sleep. We were at the MWR and I was about to make a decision on playing poker or watching Spiderman when she came in. I was in uniform and she is actually two ranks below me so when I spoke to her she addressed me as sargaent haha. I commented on seeing her in salsa, neg on her dancing, then asked her about her unit, how she likes it here and what does say do in her off time. Finally I told her I been wanting to learn and she said she would be down to teach me. I told her as long as she doesn't make a move on me I would let her. She laughed and said she will she me Friday.

Feels good to make that approach. More are coming now that I knocked the first down. Game time baby.

The Approach Thread

Nice. I went to Iraq with the player mentality and quickly learned a hard lesson of the kind where there's one decent chick for every hundred dudes.

Hopefully you get yourself a little fuck buddy/gf out there without any drama cos lord knows things get hairy in such a tight space.

Kuwait's perfect though if you're there long enough, even still with the lack of alcohol...but don't get discouraged! You a sgt. just tell her to say the soldier creed at attn or something. You know what's good? if you teach a class or something. Instructors clean upp.

The Approach Thread

I think an approach thread is a great idea. This was my approach today:

I was in the mood to bump into someone random, so I went off to the Sunday flea market.

Not much happening at the flea market because of the weather, but I did see a girl browsing records. I can't ramble on records so I let it pass and browsed around, eventually ending up in the secondhand bookstore.

Then the girl came to the bookstore. She picked up a book and then put it down fairly quickly, so I opened, "Was that a bad book?"

Started rambling on how hard it is to find a truly original book, how in this day and age its hard to find a truly original book. Pointed out the records in her bag and asked, "Are those good records?" We talked a bit about records and she rambled a bit on how superior they are to overproduced cd's. Asked her what genre she's into (I think I should have phrased this more elderly, like 'Can you recommend a genre for me?). Discussed genres, and how I can't get into romance novels. She rambled a bit about romance novels.

I wasn't getting any bites, so I deferred GALNUC and pretended to be browsing while trying to think of the next non-personal thing to ramble about. I was also thinking of moving to another part of the stall to see if she would follow me. But then the chick just turned and walked off. That was the end of the approach. She didn't ask me a single personal question, so I guess the my vibe didn't match hers or she has a boyfriend. Either way, her loss.

It's always fun to talk to random people, although these days I do it more for networking. The approach for me still remains the hardest part, it's like my entire subconscious suddenly grabs a hold of my thoughts and starts trying to convince me to keep my mouth shut. I enjoy that feeling of overcoming oneself when doing an approach. The triumph of beating my social anxiety is greater than the pain of any rejection.

The Approach Thread

Last night:

1. Girl #1 next to me at bar, no way I'd ever hook up with her, but just got there and wanted to warm up. They put soda in her wine, asked her about that, made some light commentary.

2. Girls at our table for a birthday that were pulled in before I got there. Went to my guy friends first, ignored the girls. Eventually sat next to a busty blonde, solid 7. She opened me up, chatted for a bit, lots of negging, etc. Made a bet that her school was ranked worse than mine, I lost. Had to buy her a shot, told me she's going to bathroom and to wait for her to go dance. So I left when she left and back outside, to approach #3...

3. Blonde's friend. Cute girl that I wanted more than blonde. 7.5, lives in NYC. Asked her about it, no playful banter, more interview style. Blonde came back and cockblocked me. Saw cute girl looking at me a few times. Damnit.

4. Saw two girls standing by themselves, went up to one and asked if that's an adios motherfucker. It was. Had nothing else to say, so I actually said "that's all I got" and walked away.

5. Friend opened up two girls, went in there. Somehow she started saying stuff about being gay and lately I've taken this and exaggerated the shit out of it. Saying I'm super gay, never kissed a girl, etc. Girls love this amazingly. Probably because I do not come off as gay at all. Anyway turns out she hadn't had a date for over 2 years.

Those were all the approaches. Spent a lot of the night with the blonde, tried to get her to come home with me, were outside after bar closed but she wouldn't, so gave me her #. No date in 2 years girl I went up to her later in the night, and had to do so carefully cause blonde was around, told her I'm going to take you out on a date, that's ridiculous 2 years. She asked my birthday and upon finding out we were the same sign said it'll never work. Still was going back and forth, gave me her #. No response to text today. Will try to bone blonde this week, only have one week to do so before I leave on vacation. I've got to tone down my dickness level a bit. Night before had a girl go cold on me after telling her she was a 6/10 kisser when we made out. She was actually pretty damn good. Oh well.

The Approach Thread

I approached this athlete group last night. (speed skaters)
There were several girls and a one guy. I approached this brunette who looked very trendy. I couldn't believe she was an athlete.
While I was talking to them, this guy asked my name. I asked if he met Anton Ohno. he said he trained with him, he was gay and so was he. I played with him by saying I really liked his shirt and his eyes.
I kept talking to my target and other girls. At the end, the guy told me actually he wasn't a gay. I told him that was really disappointing since I approached those girls so I could just talk to him. His face looked funny. I think he blushed little too.
I got my target's number and left. Not sure if she will respond but I liked the fact that, I didn't let him ruin my game. (some guys get nervous when a stranger approaches a girl in his group and they act like they own the 'herd')

The Approach Thread

I was in the waiting area minding my own bidness while getting my oil changed when this cute girl sits down on the other side of the tablea few chairs to the left of me. I continued watching Dr.Drew. About ten minutes later the show ended. I got up and sat down across from her and pretended I was interested in the newspaper that was sprawled out everywhere. The guy at the desk calls me over and shows me a few things they found that need to be fixed. Two back tires and new struts at the front of my suspension. $1400 not bad!

I figure mows a good time to talk to her so I sit down and tell her how I love when they find stuff wrong with my car. Show her the quote and she busts out laughing. She has a slightly grey huge right front tooth. I'm immediately turned off! But I keep talking to her asking her if struts are really that important, she has a birthday coming up. Friends is on so I ask her which one is Joey and which is Chandler. She tells me and I tell her about how my old roommate used to say that he was Joey and I'm chandler. She just won't stop laughing and I feel like the funniest guy on earth. Chandler says something dumb and I tell her That's not me! I would never say something like that. More laughs. I keep looking at her teeth trying to figure out if it's dead or just really worn down.

In the end I didn't ask for her number. I am leaving and she says BYEEE good luck!

The Approach Thread

I like the idea of this thread. I think it would also be cool to have a game/competition. Something like "approach 5 girls using this opener" "get 2 numbers at a bus stop" also stuff from simple pickup. I know some other guy had a thread with a link to his site for a notch count competition, that is harder to get everyone involved, the vets would destroy the guys in the newbie forum, at least with approaches everyone can do them.

The Approach Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 04:57 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I like the idea of this thread. I think it would also be cool to have a game/competition. Something like "approach 5 girls using this opener" "get 2 numbers at a bus stop" also stuff from simple pickup. I know some other guy had a thread with a link to his site for a notch count competition, that is harder to get everyone involved, the vets would destroy the guys in the newbie forum, at least with approaches everyone can do them.

I agree with this. I'd be down for that

The Approach Thread

Yeah that sounds fun.

The Approach Thread

Challenge #1: approach a girl at the library and get a good book while you're there.

Since I'm going there anyways later haha. Hopefully all the cute girls aren't studying at the beach.

The Approach Thread

Hmm haven't been to the library in about two years. My schools library is right across the street from my advisers building. I'll drop by after my meeting on Tuesday.

The Approach Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 04:57 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I like this too. Just off the top of my head, here are some suggestions for competitions:

Most approaches in an hour/day/week

Most number closes in an hour/day/week

Most kiss closes in an hour/day/week

Approach x girls with this opener (hat tip WC)

Approach/number close x girls at a certain type of location( hat tip WC)

Approach//number close x girls of a particular ethnicity (different from yours)

Shortest time from approach to bang (30 days for this one)

First one to get a BJ from cold approach

First one to get a bang from a cold approach

First one to get SNL from a cold approach

First one to get five numbers from day/night game

First one to actually get an SNL from The Apocalypse Opener

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

The Approach Thread

edit

The Approach Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 05:40 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Challenge #1: approach a girl at the library and get a good book while you're there.

Since I'm going there anyways later haha. Hopefully all the cute girls aren't studying at the beach.

I'll do this one this weekend, I was planning on going to the library anyway. Then after we do this challenge we can go on to some of the ones Mr.xy listed as well.

The Approach Thread

We should leave this thread as is and create another thread with the challenges. "Approach Challenge Thread".

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

The Approach Thread

Two days ago sat next to a girl on a bench and asked her 'hey do you know what they're filming there?' They were filming a movie nearby.

We started chatting but then it went a bit strange, some older dude cycled up on his bike and said to the girl 'you should be in the movie'. This guy was working in the movie as an extra and started telling the girl all about it and what a great racket it is. Hearing this another guy stepped in from the side and starting asking question about this extra work, so now there's four of us.

The third guy eventually has to go and gives his number to the girl but doesn't take hers, lame move, I also swap numbers with the guy too.
The extra guy gives the girl his contact email and cycles off for his scene but five minutes later he's back and plonks himself right between me and the girl, eventually I say I have to bail and the girl says me too so we walk together for five minutes and then swap details - a very eventful approach.

The Approach Thread

Got approached by a group of 13 yearolds. One was carrying a box of donuts. She opened me by asking "How old do you think these donuts are?"

I got a free donut out of it.

Approaches. 2
Girl approaches me:1
Kiss close :0
Blow job 0
Bangs 0
Dontuts 1

The Approach Thread

Tonight's rundown:

Approaches: 7
Numbers: 3
Makeouts: 0
BJ: 0
Bang: 0

Typical night of number collecting. My game is off, and my venue selection is very challenging, especially to go out on a Friday. There were abundant 8s and 9s, but they were all with other guys. In several instances, I made STRONG eye contact with them and they held it, indicating interest. I wanted to nod away for them to leave with me and at least get a make out sesh, but nada. All the hotties were with really preppy guys. I need to alter my physical appearance.

Approach 1: 40ish 5. Just getting an approach out of the way. Some of her friends showed up, some of them cute as hell, but I couldn't find an opening to start something up.

Approach 2: Aussie chick on the other side of me, a 6. Typical westernized bitch that hooligan harry would be railing against. Complete and utter cunt. I say, "If you're a regular here, how come I've never seen you?" She replies, "What is that, a pickup line?" My comeback was weak. We banter back and forth a bit and my dick shrivels up in frustration and disgust

Approach 3: I move and approach Aussie chicks friend, who is white as can be and one look at her face keeps me limp like overcooked fettucini. Both these girls were classic examples of 6s that thought they were 10s. Completely average, bitchy, and exaggerated egos.

Approach 4: British chick ordering a drink next to me. Cool as fuck, probably late 30s, a solid 7.5. She's taken care of herself, initiates lots of physical contact, asks my name, and says, "I'll probably see you again soon, let's meet up later." I don't see her the rest of the night. Too bad, she definitely passed the boner test.

Approach 5: 2 chicks at a different bar (but in the same restaurant), both 6s. One's Cuban and I'm trying to scope her body to see if she's got that bubble butt that I love. Can't tell. Other one is white, I get their numbers. White girl and I have a great intellectual conversation but there's no physical attraction. Some dude posts up with the Cuban chick, some guy she knows and they're getting physical right off the bat, they have history together I can tell.

Approach 6: drunk ass redhead back at the original bar, a 6, I tell her she looks familiar, I start gaming really well here actually, but I hate redheads and there's zero physical attraction. She's into me and gives me her number. I bounce.

Approach 7: outside the venue, there's literally 15 super cute girls fucking around on a street corner. I say, "What the hell is going on here? A bunch of super cute girls just fucking around on a street corner?" Not a good line. They ask me to take a picture of them all, I oblige, and they all immediately drop any interest in me.

Conclusion: I've got a gf and 3 hot girls on rotation right now, and it's hampering my desire for new bangs. I could have gotten the redhead tonight for sure. If I've got cute girls on lock and rotation, it's hard for me to "bang down" on lesser girls. I'm also working about 70 hours a week so I go out like once every two weeks, instead of 5 times a week like when I wasn't working. I'm not as calibrated as I used to be.

If I'm gonna go out on Friday or Saturday, I need to ball it up more. Girls are looking to get taken care of. That's either a limo, cab rides to clubs, popping bottles of champagne, etc. It's the weekend. Again, I can drop a few hundred bucks to go for new bangs, or stick with what I've got. If I pulled up in a stretch limo to those 15 cute girls, I'd probably be getting my dick sucked by several of them right now.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

The Approach Thread

Quote: (07-14-2012 01:36 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Approach 7: outside the venue, there's literally 15 super cute girls fucking around on a street corner. I say, "What the hell is going on here? A bunch of super cute girls just fucking around on a street corner?" Not a good line. They ask me to take a picture of them all, I oblige, and they all immediately drop any interest in me.

2 Korean girls asked me to take a picture of them last night, so I jumped in between them and got a photo of us together. Facebook closed one of them. Cameras are one of my favourite props - it's so easy to playfully tease women with them. Just take photos of yourself or your balls (with your trousers on still) or something. If they don't laugh, they're probably not dtf anyway.

Contribution to the thread - my stats from last night:

Girls approached: ?? about 15 or so, mostly in groups of 2-5.
Numbers: 0, but I think I gave mine out a couple of times
Kisses: 1
Facebook adds: 2
SNL: 0

I think I need to stay more focused, and work on ignoring distractions. Found that rolling out solo definitely piques women's curiosity - but it kind of backfires when you happen to notice a group of friends standing a few metres away and start talking to them. Also, it's a lot harder to deal with cockblockers when you're solo.

The Approach Thread

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:14 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Facebook closed one of them.
Facebook close? Why?
[Image: jackie-chan-whut.jpg]

The Approach Thread

I happened to be sending a message to a friend on Facebook at the time and suggested the girl add me. Also, I was very drunk by this time. I don't really remember the other one happening :/

The Approach Thread

Some sober morning after thoughts: Definitely need to "make it rain", even if that means popping a bottle of champagne at the least. I'm so locked into this, "Don't buy shit for any girls" that it might be working against me if I'm going out on weekends. That's when successful guys are out full force, the 9-5ers probably raking in 6 figures easy, all getting bottles and buying drinks. I can't compete with that. But bitches don't know the difference between Veuve Cliquot or some cheap ass Prosecco, so as long as I'm popping something bubbly, that should level the playing field slightly.

I wasn't dressed right. I was wearing a short sleeved white linen buttonup that I sport when I go to Mexico. Too laid back and "vacationy". The hotties last night were with dudes either A) suited down or B) super preppy, think American Eagle and Abercrombie n shit.

I hadn't gone out solo in a couple weeks, and even in that short amount of time, it showed. I also worked yesterday. I simply didn't have the aggression required for a Friday night.

Also, at this particular venue, you'll see groups of girls, smoking hot, 8s and 9s, sitting down eating. It's a bar/restaurant. I know conventional wisdom says otherwise, there simply HAS to be a way to approach girls in groups, and girls that are sitting down eating. I know it's a worst case scenario, but I gotta try.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

The Approach Thread

I did that library approach. Went nowhere.
Went out last night the girls at the first place weren't having any of it. Bounced somewhere else. Talked/teased a girl promoting a bar. Got her to promise us shots if we went. My friends friend gives me a lecture on talking to "hired guns" I got the shots later and was more social as a result of the interaction.All I had hopes to get out of it.

Get our shots then this 'bridal party' drags me and a friend to the dancefloor. They were alright but kinda old. Talked to a french girl outside till her bc showed up. Me and my beta friend bounced to another place.

First ones I open wer2 Japanese tourists. Could hardly speak English. Seemed really stoked on me and my friend. I get really touchy. Completely dominant. My friend buys shots etc. He was keeping up pretty well and was shocked at how submissive they were. I literally dragged her off the dancelfloor and said "ill be back sit there till I come back and give me a kiss before I go. I came back 20 minutes later and she was still sitting there.

I say let's go. They talk amongst themselves for a bit then come. We get to the bus stop and my buddy says "hey aren't we supposed to be getting food?" The girls say they live close my buddy says "facebook?" I try to salvage it but can't get further than numbers and a tentative date.

On our way home my buddy was all "dude I can't believe that just happened like how did we do that" I make fun of him for fucking up the SNL. I think exposing him to game was better than the drunk hookup probably would have been

The Approach Thread

I was bullshittin yesterday, peepin my new unit. Ended up going to an empty room during lunch. Was looking for somebody but everybody was out. There was a female way in the back. I asked her if she saw who I was looking for. She said no.

I was surprised. She looked cute, a little older, no ring and my rank haha. She works in command group with my General. She is from the Islands. My new unit is 240 strong, from Pennsylvania. There is a grip of island beauties. Anyway we chatted for a good five minutes. Tried to get her to the movies but she wasnt havin that. I'll see her around.