rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting Googled

Getting Googled

I have been running into a number of girls who ask over text for my last name. I always give them a fake last name. Most girls want to google you to see what they can find out about you. Arrests, Job info, Facebook page etc. Has anyone else had problems with girls wanting to Google you? The problem with giving a fake last name is that most girls tell me they did not find any information on me and get skeptical. 10-15 years ago this would have never been a problem. Question is, does anyone else run into this problem, use fake last names, and if so is there a good way to over come this problem?

It's not the face you fuck. It's the fuck you are facing.

Getting Googled

1) Don't have anything on google about you. Make sure any profiles you have are invite only.
2) Make up someone with your same name that clearly isn't you. If someone types in my name, there are countless pages of twitter updates by a fifty year old real estate developer who looks nothing like me. He has his own facebook, which is conveniently public, same with his blog and linkedin profile etc.
3) If people are asking because they want to add you, deflect. Either tell them you don't use the internet that much, or say 'there's loads of people on facebook/google/twitter etc. with my name. Give me yours and I'll add you.'

Getting Googled

Quote: (07-01-2012 09:05 AM)Cooze Hound Wrote:  

I have been running into a number of girls who ask over text for my last name. I always give them a fake last name. Most girls want to google you to see what they can find out about you. Arrests, Job info, Facebook page etc. Has anyone else had problems with girls wanting to Google you? The problem with giving a fake last name is that most girls tell me they did not find any information on me and get skeptical. 10-15 years ago this would have never been a problem. Question is, does anyone else run into this problem, use fake last names, and if so is there a good way to over come this problem?

Where do you get these girls from ? Spy school. Tell them to take a hike and find some other fool. By the sound of it you are already supplicating to the wims of these girls already.

I use a fake last name on facebook and barely anything can be googled on my real name. if they would persist in asking me all kinds of personal information i would tell them to fuck of. It's different ofcourse when you're going for a LTR.

You're not clear where you are meeting these girls and/or if you're dating them what.
More info plz

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Getting Googled

Def not going for the LTR. Actually, this has mostly been confined to online women I try and bang. I think there is more skepticism from the online girls (at least in the states) when meeting . When I travel to other countries I never have girls pre stalk me when I am pipelining online. I value my privacy and it just seems these days people can find anything they want about you with a googol search. For example when I google myself a lot of information comes up about me I don't want girls to know. Like for example, my work information comes up with my company email, office number, and direct extension. Last thing I want is for some chick I banged and bailed on is knowing where I work.

Getting Googled

If you google my unique last name, the top result is a bad ass ancestor who ruled a well known island and had a flower named after him. I guess you could say my last name is high value.

Getting Googled

I had trouble with this earlier in the year. I was in Thailand and a girl I'd been seeing on and off was acting strange with me when we met up, asking all sorts of strange questions that I couldn't get my head around. It turned out she'd googled my full name + city (something which I've strangely never felt inclined to do myself) and found an article written about me.

Years ago I kept a travel blog and updated it with my adventures. The blog was locked with a password and set to private and no one except me had the password (was just meant for my memories). I'd written about some nights out I had in various countries and some of the stuff I got up to, nothing too explicit but you probably wouldn't want your mum to read it. I forgot all about it years ago. The blog wasn't the problem, she didn't find that but she found this article by a 'journalist' who'd stumbled across my blog (not sure how as should have been private) and made a story out of it claiming I should be denied a passport and banned from travelling abroad...all because I wrote about partying it up and hinted at sex. He blew it out of all proportions and chucked in some stats about sex trafficking to try and make it interesting. It had been on the net for about 3 years before I saw it. I emailed the author to ask for it to be removed but had no luck so I took action into my own hands and built up my own personal online brand and reputation. Now when you google my name + city you'll see dozens of results for me but I control all of them and the negative result in somewhere on page 10 or so.

Getting Googled

I usually use a fake first name but my real name is common even though I've never met anyone with the same full one. Some older bitch I met online was trying to look up my criminal history and all kinds of info. I told her to fuck off when she wouldn't shut up about it and was acting like I was being creepy for not providing my name and DOB. I also always lie about my age since I look young and of have my Facebook page set to private where no one can search for me.

Getting Googled

I don't normally lie about my age, I am 34, but look about 28. I should try this. But I never had issues dating younger girls for the most part. But thats food for thought. Thanks Houston.

Getting Googled

Happens to me all the time - they text me asking for my last name. I usually flat-out ignore the texts. If they persist I'll go C&F by answering "pitt" or "clooney." If they're still upset and want to know your real last name, well I give it to 'em, but not without making them work for it.

If it proceeds to this point, get her last name and FB/google search her too - 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' [Image: wink.gif]

Getting Googled

Holy shit, shit is fucked up in America. I never even heard of this before. I would really tell a girl to fuck of if she insists on seeing my past online. Who would want a girl like that anyway?

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Getting Googled

I've never had girls text me demanding to know my last name, that is weird and I'd tell them to fuck off.

Getting Googled

Gonna start telling them my last name is aliblahba, and let them put that in their google pipe and smoke it.

Getting Googled

Quote: (07-01-2012 12:23 PM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I had trouble with this earlier in the year. I was in Thailand and a girl I'd been seeing on and off was acting strange with me when we met up, asking all sorts of strange questions that I couldn't get my head around. It turned out she'd googled my full name + city (something which I've strangely never felt inclined to do myself) and found an article written about me.

Years ago I kept a travel blog and updated it with my adventures. The blog was locked with a password and set to private and no one except me had the password (was just meant for my memories). I'd written about some nights out I had in various countries and some of the stuff I got up to, nothing too explicit but you probably wouldn't want your mum to read it. I forgot all about it years ago. The blog wasn't the problem, she didn't find that but she found this article by a 'journalist' who'd stumbled across my blog (not sure how as should have been private) and made a story out of it claiming I should be denied a passport and banned from travelling abroad...all because I wrote about partying it up and hinted at sex. He blew it out of all proportions and chucked in some stats about sex trafficking to try and make it interesting. It had been on the net for about 3 years before I saw it. I emailed the author to ask for it to be removed but had no luck so I took action into my own hands and built up my own personal online brand and reputation. Now when you google my name + city you'll see dozens of results for me but I control all of them and the negative result in somewhere on page 10 or so.

Your story sounds vaguely familiar...I think you posted about it here last year asking for help?
Sounds like it worked out. You should put out a mini-data sheet on the steps you took to build your online brand a little and push those negative results down in Google's ranking. Good stuff, my man.

Getting Googled

Quote: (07-01-2012 05:44 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Holy shit, shit is fucked up in America. I never even heard of this before. I would really tell a girl to fuck of if she insists on seeing my past online. Who would want a girl like that anyway?
It's only happened to me once. The bitch was in her late 30's and watched to many Lifetime movies.

Getting Googled

Quote: (07-01-2012 05:57 PM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2012 05:44 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

It's only happened to me once. The bitch was in her late 30's and watched to many Lifetime movies.

Quote: (07-01-2012 05:45 PM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I've never had girls text me demanding to know my last name, that is weird and I'd tell them to fuck off.
Yeah, the old hag who asked me was very demanding and pissed me off with her little attitude. What the fuck else do you want, my SSN and address?

Getting Googled

You guys realize that every female whether how cool you think she is googles you at some point, right? It's extremely naive to think otherwise.

This is not specific to America.

In the original poster's case, at least she's asking and not going through your pants. when you're taking a shower.

Aloha!

Getting Googled

Getting "googled" sounds like having a load blown in your eye.

Getting Googled

I hide my wallet when I'm home and have most instances of my full name suppressed in my apartment. I deliberately make it hard for these bitches to Google-fu me, even though my online footprint is relatively tame.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Getting Googled

The whole googling thing is pretty common I think these days, I guess its one of the downsides of technology. I also hide all my shit when I bring a girl to my house, I hide mail, I even take an indirect route, not until I am really comfortable with her do I have her come to my house on her own. I do not trust these crazies bitches these days and they are all crazy for the most part. At least in the US. Now abroad, I have run into some crazies, but not like here in the states.

Getting Googled

Quote:Quote:

Your story sounds vaguely familiar...I think you posted about it here last year asking for help?
Sounds like it worked out. You should put out a mini-data sheet on the steps you took to build your online brand a little and push those negative results down in Google's ranking. Good stuff, my man.

Yeah I posted about it last year looking for advice. If there's demand for a data sheet on how to hide negative results and create a good online brand / reputation then let me know and I'll type it up.

Getting Googled

One of the benefits of having a common name is they never really know if it's me they found online.

4 years ago I searched for my name on FB and about 1000 results came up. I'm sure it would be a lot more now.

Saying that, I may start going by "Chet Manly" for the hell of it and see if anyone picks up on it.

Getting Googled

You can set your FB privacy settings so even if they have your full name and email addy your profile doesn't show up. No one can find mines. If you're not on my friends list I don't exist on FB. You can't even find it through someone I have on my friends list, I just don't show up on their list to anyone who's not already friends with me.

Getting Googled

I am confused people tell strange women their real name?

"The problem with giving a fake last name is that most girls tell me they did not find any information on me and get skeptical."

These girls sound really fun to hang out with [Image: undecided.gif]

Getting Googled

I was going to make a new thread on this but I did a search and found this thread. I really think googling guys is becoming more common than ever these days. I see that some of you guys lie about your last name but I think that could just lead to other complications. I am the only person in the world with my first/last name so that kind of sucks.

I have been noticing that girls ask for my last name these days more than they have in the past. I have a feeling that they do it to google me. I have nothing to hide except for my age. I have noticed that many women don't ask my age but if they google me my age pops up on the first page of the results.

The worst offender is this God dam website called MyLife. It pops up showing the year I was born in the third result.

The next problem in Classmates.com. I got rid of my profile months ago but the google search result shows the year I graduated high school. If you click on the link it is a dead link. But every girl who ever googles me will see the year I graduated high school on the 1st page of google results without clicking on any links.

Then on the second page of google results there is a news.google.com newspaper clipping showing when I graduated high school.

Other than these three google results, women would not be able to find out my age. But I don't know how to get rid of these three things.

Fuck.

Getting Googled

How is google getting this info? I am 31 and never been on facebook, I have quite an unusual name and nothing at all comes up in google.

Quite disappointed really!