rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My biz has no website or google search placement

I was talking about this at the lounge and Rio suggested I hire someone overseas to take care of it but I think they will fuck up or word shit wrong etc.

I'm not computer savvy. My posts here are about the best of my computer skills.

What should I do?

What kind of business is this?

Yo Mechanico, I am going to take a shot at it......

Two things you should do today

1. Make a Website for your Business, I had one done 3yrs ago and a friend of mine did it for $ 250 and it took him 2-3 hrs to do it, he is not here any more but I am pretty sure a lot more computer savvy RVF would junmp on the opportunity to help you and you can pay them to do set up a website for your business.

2. Serach Engine Optomization : after your business website is set up it should be in top 5 searches in your area and Rio is right it takes time and effort to get it there. Nothing wrong with going to Indian/Pakistani or Phillipine people, again shout out to the RVF members, help mechanico out......

Few more suggestions, I am merely making these suggestions as I think you can do way better with the set up you have , Friendly critiques and no indirect poking at ya [Image: smile.gif]

* Change/Tweak your Business name a little, Seriously......

Currently your Business names make it look like its a imported car show room that sells Imported cars and not a Car Repair Shop, and whats with foreign and imported in the same name ?.

I understand your company might be registered with your current business name but you can keep that name and add a DBA (Doing Business As) name which could be "--------- Auto Repair " or "------ Imorted Auto Repair" and add to the website Specializing in Imported cars etc, you got the jist. It is a simple form that your accountant lady can fill and change the name of the business and keep everything the same.......

* Once the business website is set up , you can make changes to it your self and list services etc what not....

I will PM you with some other suggestions..... I can't believe you didn't had a website for your business... WTF mechnaico.......

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

I know it's retarded but anyone who's ever asked me to make a site is even more retarded so I was saving some embarrassment.

So first step is to make a website like wordpress type?

Lol. Just go to http://fiverr.com/gigs/website post an ad/job request of what work you want to be done. The good thing about that website is that it's a marketplace based on ratings just like ebay. And it only costs 5 bucks.

Quote: (06-19-2012 02:01 PM)Kingp1n Wrote:  

Lol. Just go to [url= http://fiverr.com/gigs/website]here[/url] post an ad/job request of what work you want to be done. The good thing about that website is that it's a marketplace based on ratings just like ebay. And it only costs 5 bucks.
How? A web site costs more than 5 bucks I'll look again

First, I hope someone on this forum will take advantage of this business opportunity and help EM out.

However, failing that, why not try something like: http://www.freelancer.com/

I would skip wordpress and just get your own domain hosted somewhere; you'll end up doing that anyway.

Just looked at the link Menace posted, looks good and also gave me an idea for one more Improvement.

LOGO DESIGN: I had one done that cost me $100.

An attractive logo on all the places will slo do some damage.

What is a logo? Ok so I need to start a site with my biz name on it right? Then hire one of those 5er dudes right? I made my wordpress site with the help of Hotwheels and some other guys but couldn't do it myself. I'm here on the rvf but there's people in my office so I can't concentrate

Edit: This guy is local take a look
http://kybru.com/

[Image: attachment.jpg6536]   

Something like this can be logo for your business or you can customize an Idea that you have in your head and have people make a logo for you.....

Quick search revealed these, you get the Idea .....

[Image: attachment.jpg6537]   

[Image: attachment.jpg6538]   

[Image: attachment.jpg6539]   

Those logos are terrible

What do you have in mind as a logo ?

If you are gonna build up a website, you need to get hosting space and a domain to upload it to the web.

I can work a design (and code) for you if you want.

Quote: (06-19-2012 03:09 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

What do you have in mind as a logo ?

Well, since I didn't even know what the hell it was an hour ago but now that I think about it my shit has to be better than everyone else's in town so I can rub it in and remain the Alpha tech here. Did you click that link?

I also got business cards again last week and talked to the guy who made them doing this is part of his gig. He said not to outsource it because you have to deal with the end result, make changes etc. He also said it costs about 70 a month to keep it high on a search which I don't get because my boys shop is on there and he doesn't or hasn't ever used a computer in his life and would never pay for anything like that but he's on yelp for some reason and I've seen others on Angies list. None of the shops have more than 5 reviews.

Quote: (06-19-2012 03:33 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

If you are gonna build up a website, you need to get hosting space and a domain to upload it to the web.

I can work a design (and code) for you if you want.
The local dude said he uses some programs I've never heard of before. I'll pm you his site

Most of those SEO optimization clowns are scam artists that charge thousands for simple work.

If you are just looking to get first page ranked for your smallish town all you need is google places then add your biz to a bunch of business directories. Google uses those sites to rank places more than they do links like on general websites.

I'll look up some info on this and post the links here.

Quote: (06-19-2012 04:21 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Most of those SEO optimization clowns are scam artists that charge thousands for simple work.

If you are just looking to get first page ranked for your smallish town all you need is google places then add your biz to a bunch of business directories. Google uses those sites to rank places more than they do links like on general websites.

This.

It will actually be fairly easy to get to number one if you're just talking about your business name and it is somewhat original.

There will be very few google searches for your business name so it won't be a competitive keyword hence easy to rank on. If the domain name of your business is available buy it, that alone will almost sail you up to the number one spot.

Being number one for his own name doesn't help him much.

He wants to be number one for auto repair and such things. Google Places is good for this.

Look at it this way. If someone already knows Mech and his biz well enough to google his shops name they are probably already a customer.... They're not going to be looking up his wesbite. They'll just call or stop by.

This guy has a lot of good info;

http://www.davidmihm.com/local-search-ra...tors.shtml

Looks like they recently made some changes to the ranking factors.

Basically, if one can't do it themselves be sure to look for a seo guy that specializes in local search as that is where it's at for a brick and mortar biz like a car repair shop.

Mech-What town are you looking to do most of your biz? I'll check out the competition and see how tough it might be to get on the first page.

I'll send that to you

Once you get a website up, blast it with http://fiverr.com with the following...

1. 20,000 xrumer links
2. link wheel
3. link pyramid
4. .edu links
5. bookmarks
6. scrapebox
7. senuke

$35 and you have your seo covered. Don't waste money paying an "seo guy." Doing those 7 things to a new site may get you google "sandboxed" but it sounds like your fine with or without a site that ranks. So hit it hard like it's a big Dominican ass. Maybe pay people on fiverr to post yelp reviews for you also.

If you need a banner... http://5dollarbanners.com/

If you don't know any of what I said above, just have one of the IM guys on here help you out a bit.

Quote: (06-19-2012 11:36 PM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Once you get a website up, blast it with http://fiverr.com with the following...

1. 20,000 xrumer links
2. link wheel
3. link pyramid
4. .edu links
5. bookmarks
6. scrapebox
7. senuke

$35 and you have your seo covered. Don't waste money paying an "seo guy." Doing those 7 things to a new site may get you google "sandboxed" but it sounds like your fine with or without a site that ranks. So hit it hard like it's a big Dominican ass. Maybe pay people on fiverr to post yelp reviews for you also.

If you need a banner... http://5dollarbanners.com/

If you don't know any of what I said above, just have one of the IM guys on here help you out a bit.

Do NOT fucking do this.

Big Nilla, have you followed the Penguin update at all? If so, you would know that XRummering your website and using shit like SENuke and Scrapebox blog commenting is suicide.

When is the last time you ranked a site using those techniques?

Quote: (06-19-2012 04:59 PM)Jalouse Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2012 04:21 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

This.

It will actually be fairly easy to get to number one if you're just talking about your business name and it is somewhat original.

There will be very few google searches for your business name so it won't be a competitive keyword hence easy to rank on. If the domain name of your business is available buy it, that alone will almost sail you up to the number one spot.

Being #1 for his business name does practically nothing for him. If he wants to pick up new customers, he has to rank for keywords potential clients will be searching for. I.E. "City auto repair".

That's like listing your business in the phone book only under it's name, and not under the Auto Repair section.

As far as business directories, are you talking about organic ranking of your website listing, or ranking of your Google Places listing?

For your website ranking (Not Google Places listing) business directories are a start, but Google puts way less emphasis into these than into high PR domains. This is because the barriers to entry for a directory are low. You just enter your info and get the link. Google knows this. If a high PR domain links to you that is much harder to get, and Google values them more.

For your Google Places listing getting certain business directory links helps, but you need to get reviews from your customers as well.

Mechs town is small, but is sandwiched in with lots of other cities. Googles search does not split his town apart from others as they would if the city was 10 miles away from other towns. The listings are all mixed in, making the competition tougher than it would be.

I've easily ranked my pages on OTHER websites doing what I mentioned. I piggyback off high authority sites. [Image: smile.gif] I don't bother ranking my own websites because Google sucks... always changing crap. Last time i bothered with it was in February.

Don't know the Penguin update, but do know google has a hard time penalizing sites for things such as what I mentioned because if they did penalize the site then people would do it to their competitors. Therefore google just figures out an algo change that minimizes that stuff instead of penalizes it.

OK let's slow down - this thread has the potential to turn into an SEO shitstorm argument, which is really not called for here.

Let's just keep it simple so EM gets something useful out of this whole thing. The basics (please keep in mind that I'm not some kind of web site consultant or anything, I just want to help):

You need some kind of web presence with basic, clear information about your business, it's location, the services you offer and a way to contact you. That's it. If at all possible, you should include bite-sized testimonials from real customers - perhaps one testimonial alluding to quick turnaround, one about good service and one about a complicated task that they did not think could be done but that you delivered anyway. a ONE PAGE site would do this job well (no link hierarchy, no flash elements, no bullshit). just a one pager.

The easiest, 80/20 ways to achieve this:
- Start a Facebook page for your business (not a joke).
- Get a free Yelp profile for your business (a lot of people use this to filter local services, myself included). Don't let Yelp's salesreps muscle you into paying them monthly, don't believe a word they say. But a free Yelp listing does not hurt.
- If you really want a separate website, try asking a web savvy friend in your town to help you make this one pager for free. It won't take someone more than 1 hour to put together - again, making this site more complicated than it needs to be would be overkill.

Stuff you need to prepare for this:
- write up all the info you want on your site. keep it as short and clear as possible. this will be the content, which you can replicate across channels (if you have a yelp profile and a .com, for example)
- take a few nice phone pics of the RESULTS of your work (notice that good food ads don't feature ingredients, but finished dishes). if you have a smartphone and a steady hand you can take nice phone pics and apply some auto correct filters to make the pics look nice.
- go on namecheap.com and register a .com (not a .net, or anything else) of your business
- go on 99designs.com and start a competition to see who can design you a new logo. this is an awesome site - decent graphics designers all compete to get their name out there. they submit the designs, you pick the winning one and pay the winning guy whatever price you decided at the beginning. you pay upfront, so you must pick a winner but it just so happens that you get many choices after the competition ends - hence the name 99designs. it's that simple. browse around that site a bit to see some examples.
- after you have all this shit together, give it to a friend to put it together for free. this isn't a $2,500+ ecommerce solution or enterprise software, this is a simple local business page and it's 2012. you're after more customers, not bells & whistles

hope this helps.

Quote: (06-20-2012 12:41 AM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

I've easily ranked my pages on OTHER websites doing what I mentioned. I piggyback off high authority sites. [Image: smile.gif] I don't bother ranking my own websites because Google sucks... always changing crap. Last time i bothered with it was in February.

Don't know the Penguin update, but do know google has a hard time penalizing sites for things such as what I mentioned because if they did penalize the site then people would do it to their competitors. Therefore google just figures out an algo change that minimizes that stuff instead of penalizes it.

Hate to break it to you man, but Penguin is a game changer. Read up on Penguin and you will be shocked. If you thought Panda was big, Penguin is even bigger. It has mainly to do with link profiles and anchor text variation.

Quick write up: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/217...d-Websites

I was in the same camp as you, that negative SEO can't happen. However, check out what happened to Dan Thies. Matt Cutts has said himself that negative SEO can happen, but that it is difficult to accomplish. Then again, who knows what that means as Matt Cutts never gives it straight.

Ok, don't want to derail the thread anymore. PM me if you have any questions about Penguin.