rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pawnstars: learn how to negotiate by watching

I've been watching Pawnstars everyday at work sometimes it's on all day. I've been watching american pickers as well. I would say they're my favorite shows.

I've been mimicking Ricks bargaining skills at work and when I buy cars, boats or anything. I'm making/saving money. Bottom line. Spend a couple hours watching him and put into practice. I've also been incorporating these skills into my game as well.

I don't know much about their personal lives but I would imagine the guys from the pickers show would have some pretty good game.

Any fans of these shows here?

Quote: (06-09-2012 12:54 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I've been watching Pawnstars everyday at work sometimes it's on all day. I've been watching american pickers as well. I would say they're my favorite shows.

I've been mimicking Ricks bargaining skills at work and when I buy cars, boats or anything. I'm making/saving money. Bottom line. Spend a couple hours watching him and put into practice. I've also been incorporating these skills into my game as well.

I don't know much about their personal lives but I would imagine the guys from the pickers show would have some pretty good game.

Any fans of these shows here?

I think the guys from American Pickers probably have good game also. They probably use their negotiating skills in bars and clubs and not just peoples attics.

Yeah, I have seen Pawnstars a few times. Pretty dope show.

The old guy is f*cking hilarious. All of them seem like cool cats.

It doesn't surprise me at all El Mech that you like that show.

As far as their negotiating skills, yeah, I would say someone could learn a lot from that show. Especially a novice.

I would bet in real life that their negotiating is a little better, as they probably "go easy" on people for the show and want to come off as good guys, not always trying to get the best deal.

Then again, the best negotiations are where everyone wins.

You could apply a lot of what they do to swooping girls.

It's all about asking the right questions and gauging peoples responses.

That is why guys would are good in biz are often good with girls. That is if they can take the same approach in both.

The problem for many guys good in biz is that let emotions get the best of them with girls.

So yeah, I dig that show.

Has anyone seen that Pawn show in Detroit? Same shit but more Ghetto. These shows make me want to open a pawn shop. I would +1 everyday. My buddy who has one says it's all about the jewelry which I know nothing about.

Pawnstars is pretty good. I also learned a lot about how NOT to negotiate from some of chumps that roll into their shop.

I've been watching 'Around the World in 80 Trades' on Youtube, its pretty good. I'm not that far into it but its definitely interesting seeing this guy negotiate with different nationalities and how they treat him.

I like the pawn shop show.

Buying and selling stuff is a big part of my life. The guys on there know how to LOWBALL, which is something I crack up doing every now and then.

Regarding the shows where people buy storage units, they gotta be fake.

I've been to probably 20-30 auctions and all I ever see is crap in those lockers. I've never been to one outside Hawaii, so maybe that's a factor. There just aren't that many people that would let stuff that's worth money, like they find on those shows, go. It's just unrealistic. The lockers I've seen usually look like somebody got evicted from a cheap apartment and threw the crap in there while they were homeless. Or it's an old lady that died's Christmas ornaments.

Now because of those shows people go to the auctions and run the prices up. The auction people are the only ones making money.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:07 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Has anyone seen that Pawn show in Detroit? Same shit but more Ghetto. These shows make me want to open a pawn shop. I would +1 everyday. My buddy who has one says it's all about the jewelry which I know nothing about.

I know some people that own a pawn shop.

The trick, and again this is Hawaii, is to loan money at the lowest rate in town. It's usually the same group of crackheads looking to borrow, so word travels fast. It doesn't matter what it is they lend on. These people's trick is to start calling the borrower a few days before the money is due and almost talk to them like a bill collector. You don't get stuck with any stuff at all.

They advertise heavily about flat out buying jewelery now days.

Aloha!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My game showed the most improvement, and I learned the most about dealing with broads, way back in the 90's when I was selling cars.

From making you immune to approach anxiety, dealing with objections, to knowing how to close the deal, you'll learn it all selling cars.

The best line I learned from that experience, and one I use yet today is this; "Why do you say that?" The answer will give you the angle you need to overcome their objection. I use that line for almost anything as it doesn't reveal your position to the broad, hence she can't blow you out for something you said that doesn't match up with her beliefs.

Works great in conversations where you don't want to be too open about things while finding out where she stands.

I love storage wars as well. They estimate the value of that junk way high. Here's a broken skill saw with no cord..There's $100 what else we got? What kills me is the guy who brings the bitchy girl with him. I thought junk furniture prices may be high in Cali but yeah it's way off.

"I've been watching 'Around the World in 80 Trades' on Youtube, its pretty good. I'm not that far into it but its definitely interesting seeing this guy negotiate with different nationalities and how they treat him"

Is that Neils site?

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:22 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

"I've been watching 'Around the World in 80 Trades' on Youtube, its pretty good. I'm not that far into it but its definitely interesting seeing this guy negotiate with different nationalities and how they treat him"

Is that Neils site?

I can see Neil doing some hustling.

[Image: attachment.jpg6476]   

Aloha!

Where are you finding those pictures?

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:42 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

They're from Neil's website.

Aloha!

Holy shit, I never even thought of the show in that kind of way! I always thought of them as dudes who just knew how to haggle to their advantage.

It's pretty cool how anything can relate to game. The thought of Pawnstars being related to game is really intriguing.

Putting these shows on autotune. Cool insight Mech!

Nope.

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:44 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!
I was just there and think I may have picked up virus. I did notice Roosh isn't on his blogroll. Wonder why

I think you were being sarcastic but its hard to tell through the internet...

No, 'Around the World in 80 Trades' is some British guy going around Africa/Asia trying to sell buy and sell stuff to make money. I think its a BBC show. Find it on YouTube.

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:07 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Ha, I check out the one in Detroit when I find it on at night. It's so trashy that I love it.

I know a guy who owned a pawn shop...he was greek and had a few greek-americans (like you and me) that he brought in to run it for him. The owner treated them like slaves, so they ended sending people my way and I'd pay bottom dollar for tv's, dvd's, power tools and turn around and sell it all to my regular customers in my restaurant. We had a good little business going until the owner of the pawn shop fired them all.
The pawn shop business is real ghetto. My friends dealt with a lot of trash. Called the cops on people all the time. You gotta have the stomach for dealing with trash.

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:55 PM)Rosca Wrote:  

Holy shit, I never even thought of the show in that kind of way! I always thought of them as dudes who just knew how to haggle to their advantage.

It's pretty cool how anything can relate to game. The thought of Pawnstars being related to game is really intriguing.

Game is Life.

Life is Game.

That is why it is called "The Game of Life".

This show features some of the most over-the-top product placement out there.

A lot of the old items they bring in, such as a lady with an old pair of Levys, and the entire dialogue structured around the items, is simply an ad.

I don't know if the "negotiations" on the show are very accurate.

Also, these guys don't know all the facts about all the various items. Even on antiques roadshow, each sector of collectible has different experts, and even they have to consult resources to look up details.

Pawn stars is basically a totally fake show.

Quote: (06-09-2012 03:36 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

This show features some of the most over-the-top product placement out there.

A lot of the old items they bring in, such as a lady with an old pair of Levys, and the entire dialogue structured around the items, is simply an ad.

I don't know if the "negotiations" on the show are very accurate.

Also, these guys don't know all the facts about all the various items. Even on antiques roadshow, each sector of collectible has different experts, and even they have to consult resources to look up details.

Pawn stars is basically a totally fake show.

Well yeah, it's a "show".

It is not like they are turning the camera on for a half hour in the pawn shop and that is what you get.

I mean, that would be pretty damn boring right?

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:29 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:22 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Is that Neils site?

I can see Neil doing some hustling.

Aloha!

I just mildly roofied myself in order to get pumped up to do some solo approaches at the beach near my house. Got a new swimsuit and trimmed up the beard real nice like. About to bust onto that scene. Anyways I checked his website out and just could not stop laughing, I am totally geeked reading the about section.

http://www.aroundtheworldin80girls.com/about/

Skywalker has inspired me to go hard or go home. Will report on this later tonight.

Quote: (06-09-2012 01:44 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

I took the pics of there a few days ago since i'm finishing the new website set up. Some one's been datamining haha

And yes, i have done some cutthroat bargaining and will go wild when i feel i'm getting fucked over. I have pulled the handbrake once in a Manila taxi while driving on the freeway and starting a fight with the guy. In the end i got out of the car without paying and i was already half way there. The guy tried to rip me off. It was the fourth time i took the ride from manila airport and already knew the standard price to Malate which less than half he was asking. He gave me one of those laminated "pricelists" I told him to give me a hamburger and fries and threw the card in the backseat.

On another occasion i had to pay 5 dollars for a taxi in La Serena in Chile. I felt like the guy was ripping me off big time and spotted a big bill (about 10 dollars in pesos) near the ashtray in his dashboard. When we arrived at the bus station i pointed at the busses and asked him something. While he looked away and was happily explaining something i grabbed the big bill and paid him with it. He got his wallet and and gave me five dollars back.
He was smiling when he took my bag out of the trunk. I could see he was happy that he made big money of me. I was smiling even harder because i got a free ride and 5 dollars but mostly for my victory on him. The guy must have cursed a lot when he found out. Adios amigo. I cant believe i didn't put that in my book. I skipped the story on La Serena because i was getting to much pages in my book already.

Taxi,motodop,tuktuk,becak and pedicab drivers all over the world hate me but i always reward good service.

I just discovered that Pawnstars show on the history channel a few weeks ago and i'm watching the reruns everyday. love it !

I never noticed Roosh had a separate blogroll page. i just saw the few links on his main page and didn't want to bother him with mine since i normally have the link on my blogposts.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

When is your book out Neil?

Quote: (06-09-2012 05:10 PM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

When is your book out Neil?

Since two days on Amazon but i'm not finished with the website yet and need to make kindle version too. I'm trying to find a free ebook template online but have trouble finding one.
I might buy one of the warrior forum for 16 bucks.

Already lost two whole days on trying to do it myself.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

The show is in the History channel right now for the last couple hours. It always surprises me to hear that people in other countries watch our shows. I think it may be the fast track to Americanizing your women though.