rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Ginkgo Biloba

Alright boys, it is time for another Health tip to share from The Chambers of The G Manifesto.

As you know, I "experiment" with many substances. Historically speaking. Here is one that is straight up magic on the mic:

Ginkgo Biloba

[Image: ginkgo_biloba_not_brain_booster.jpg]

This stuff has been mentioned a little in passing on the forum (like twice), but not too much. It definitely deserves its own thread.

I have been taking this stuff for about three years, so I finally feel qualified to write about it.

It is basically some 5000 million year old plant in China that has no relation to other plants.

This stuff is real good for your mental. In my line of "work", I need to keep a really sharp mind.

This isn't always easy with my heavy booze schedule.

I need something to "snap" my mind into focus and this stuff does it, along with Green Tea and a Smoke.

Hell, I can booze all night, swoop a fly girl, take a Ginkgo, slam a cup of Green Tea, choke down a smoke and I am ready for anything.

Here are the benefits I have noticed:

Seems to give you some energy. Not heavy duty, but some.

The stuff is magic on the mic for memory.

It helps focus. I am mad crazy, off-the hook ADD or ADHD or both. Hell they probably don't have enough initials to describe my condition. This stuff really focuses my mind.

Anti-Oxidants. This stuff will slow the aging process. I literally don't age. Although I think it's genetic because my Mother doesn't either.

Supposed to speed up Metabolism, increase blood flow and because of that, helps as a banging out girl aid.

Supposedly prevents Alzheimer’s disease, Reynaud’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.

Helps general Mood.

Downsides:

Literally none that I can tell.

This stuff is real clean.

I usually "cycle" things like this, but I will take this stuff every single day, because I feel no adverse effects. I still sometimes take a little break though if I am going to have a relaxing day.

I can vouch for these two brands (affiliate links):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OV...k_code=wql

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00759B...k_code=wql

But I would be interested if anyone has other brands that they like.

Here is the real interesting thing about this stuff:

Since it helps your mood and helps your mind focus, it helps you spit Game. I use it for biz exclusively, but I bet for some "sober players" out there, this would really help at night.

I would kind of OD on the stuff and try to spit Game if I was a "sober player".

I would be real interested to see if this works.

(As always, I am not a Doctor so don't take this as medical advice. Don't take any of this at face value and do your own research).

All and all, this Ginkgo is International Playboy Certified.

I really won't go on a trip without it.

Feel free to ask any questions and share your experiences.

Other good health threads from the 36 Chambers of The G Manifesto:

Health: Green Tea

Health: Coconut Oil

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar

How much do you use/how often?

also how long do the effects last?

I tried it years ago to help me focus and clear the brain fog but I didn't notice any benefits.

I have been using this for a while. Started it up a while back to help with studies.

Noticed raging erections, inability to sleep and headaches at time.

Now, I only notice a slight headache, lurking erections and a definite clarity in thought.

How I take it is like this:

I buy the leaves from Noah. Boil up a saucepan of water. When the water is boiling, I throw the leaves in and turn the heat down to simmer. Let it simmer for about 10 mins.
Pour the concoction into a cup and drink.

It helps with midday slump, normally I need a midday nap or I am FCUKED.
If I take Ginkgo, I'm good to go.

If I need a day off, to just allow my ADD to wander free. I won't drink a cup.

I can vouch for this one.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I've never tried it in the pure leaf form, only in tablets. Could be why it didn't do much for me.

Quote: (06-06-2012 05:00 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I tried it years ago to help me focus and clear the brain fog but I didn't notice any benefits.

For brain fog you need straight up stimulants(coffee, cigs, coke, speed or similar) or boost up your testosterone(eat more protein or steroids).

Team Nachos

Yeah taking stimulants is a GREAT idea. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (06-05-2012 09:50 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I take 1 pill per day, I think 500mg.

Never tried the leaves method but I want to.

It is kind of a more gradual thing.

You kind of just notice your focus getting better by the day.

It is not a "blast", like green tea or something.

It may take a while to see improvement. I think everyone is different.

Quote: (06-06-2012 10:55 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

You don't drink tea, coffee nor red bull? You don't sip coke nor Pepsi?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (06-06-2012 12:16 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2012 10:55 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

You don't drink tea, coffee nor red bull? You don't sip coke nor Pepsi?

They treat ADHD with stimulants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate

Methylphenidate (Ritalin, MPH, MPD) is a psychostimulant drug approved for treatment of ADHD or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder

I can't get through a day without drinking at least 3-4 coffees. My brain just won't fire on all cylinders [Image: lol.gif] I do tea once in a while too.

Team Nachos

rhodiola rosea needs its own thread asap.its quality

[quote]You don't drink tea, coffee nor red bull? You don't sip coke nor Pepsi? [/quote[

No I don't drink tea, coffee or red bull ever and rarely drink coke or pepsi.

[quote='AlphaTravel' pid='220337' dateline='1339022686']
Quote:Quote:

You don't drink tea, coffee nor red bull? You don't sip coke nor Pepsi? [/quote[

No I don't drink tea, coffee or red bull ever and rarely drink coke or pepsi.

Mormon?

Quote: (06-06-2012 11:58 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (06-05-2012 09:50 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I take 1 pill per day, I think 500mg.

Never tried the leaves method but I want to.

It is kind of a more gradual thing.

You kind of just notice your focus getting better by the day.

It is not a "blast", like green tea or something.

It may take a while to see improvement. I think everyone is different.
Thanks. I'll definitely check it out since the stuff is cheap and probably everywhere where I am.

Parlay I found out that you can use caffeine as a 'natural' remedy for ADHD or something. I drank the equivalent of 8 normal cups one time during studying and by the end of the last one I was unreasonably focused. My friend told me I probably have ADHD. ha.

Quote: (06-06-2012 05:46 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Mormon?

Ha ha, no. I don't like tea or coffee much and I can't stand the taste of red bull or similar energy drinks. Pepsi and Coke is nice but I don't drink it often.

So we got this, Green Tea, Coconut Oil, and ACV. I wonder what would happen if you combined all 4 and drank the mix a few days out of the week.

Nothing crazy, it's pretty safe to try it out and report back.

Quote: (06-09-2012 03:55 AM)houston Wrote:  

So we got this, Green Tea, Coconut Oil, and ACV. I wonder what would happen if you combined all 4 and drank the mix a few days out of the week.

I've heard through some sources hes getting pumped with that mix you were talking about, top secret shit.

I have done it.

This is what happens:

Quote: (02-19-2013 05:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have done it.

This is what happens:

If the green tea has ginseng and you add ginkgo biloba, zinc, horny goat weed, Vitamin B12, and vitalikor to the mixx, you will be more like Floyd Mayweather, Joe Calzaghe, or Rocky Marciano than like Nigel Benn. Remember, Nigel Benn lost five fights and had one draw. All of those other guys never lost.

Would be interested in seeing a breakdown of ginseng vs. ginkgo, they seem to be very similar. I have personally only used ginseng, so I can't vouch for any differences, or if there is a superior one. Shit, if you can afford it, why not just have them all?

Ginseng

Ginseng can be used to improve the health of people recovering from illness. It increases a sense of wellbeing and stamina, and improves both mental and physical performance. Ginseng can be used to help with erectile dysfunction, hepatitis C, and symptoms relating to menopause, and can also be used for lowering blood glucose levels and controlling blood pressure.

Ginseng has been shown to reduce the levels of stress in both men and women. Those that take ginseng regularly are able to withstand higher amounts of physical and emotional stress.

The root of Asian ginseng contains several active substances called ginsenosides or panaxosides that are thought to be responsible for the medicinal effects of the herb. Asian ginseng is “warming” while American ginseng is “cooling”.

Because of its adaptogenic effects, it is widely used to lower cholesterol, increase energy and endurance, reduce fatigue and the effects of stress, and prevent infections. Ginseng is one of the most effective anti-aging supplements, with the capability of alleviating some major effects of aging such as degeneration of the blood system, and increasing mental and physical capacity

Ginkgo

Ginkgo biloba can be used for the following:

• Daily doses of 120 to 240mg of ginkgo biloba extract can improve blood flow, memory performance, and learning capacity within eight to twelve weeks.
• has powerful antioxidant effects
• contains compounds that actually absorb toxic chemicals, in turn preventing cell damage and slowing the aging process

• enhances circulation to the eyes, ears, heart, and appendages, which reduces symptoms such as numbness, coldness, and cramping
• can be used in treating certain eye disorders such as macular degeneration
• treating ear disorders and peripheral arterial disease
• increasing sexual endurance
• aids in preventing free radical damage which in turn improves blood flow and oxygen to the brain
• can reduce some side effects of menopause
• in the treatment of diabetic peripheral vascular disease, Raynaud’s syndrome, haemmorhoids, and varicose veins
• reducing tension, anxiety, and restoring energy

Both seem to have effects on mental clarity, libido, stress, as well as aging. Magic plants, gotta love 'em.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

The literature on Gingko biloba is quite good. Only thing is that I would cycle on and off this supplement. Its generally recognized as safe for normal dosages(24% flavanoid and 6% terpenoid- aka standard USA) and of 120-250mg/day for up to 6 months. There are some studies that suggest minimal implications long-term, but like any supplement I would cycle on and off it.

2% of the population developed mild symptoms headaches and Gastrointestinal discomfort.

Caution to those who take warfarin/coumadin because Gingko biloba has some indications of preventing platelet aggregation.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

does anybody know about the availability of ginkgo biloba in EE and FSU ??? as in can i go to a supermarket in Kiev, Bucharest or Novosibirsk and find it on the shelves ?

A few months ago I started taking ginko supplements regularly. One day i took ginko and drank a large cup of coffee before I started studying for my exams. I have never gotten as much work done in 5 hours as i did that day. Its weird some days i feel as though ginko has no effects but some days it really gets me focused. I think eating food with ginko could have something to do with it. Take it on an empty stomach.

I buy ginkgo leaves, and put them in my coffee machine along with some organic beans from the Chiapas region.

Boom, my mind spins so fast its like watching the world in slow motion. You will certainly believe other people are slow.

Highly recommended.