rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lesotho

Lesotho

Just found out that I'll be heading to Lesotho in southern Africa in a couple of weeks. It's a small independent country within South Africa. One of the SA engineers I met on my last trip to Ethiopia said it's beautiful there.

Has anyone been to South Africa? Care to share any nuggets of wisdom?

On a side note, here's my travel itinerary for the next six months:
-Lesotho
-Puerto Vallarta
-Maui
-Ethiopia
-Guam

God I love my job...

Fortune favors the bold.

Lesotho

Quote:New York Times Wrote:

in Lesotho H.I.V. infects one in four men aged 15 to 24 -- and one in two women.

Yikes...

Fortune favors the bold.

Lesotho

Never been. Just be sure to wrap it.

Lesotho

I wouldn't believe those statistics. They can claim infection by symptoms, not blood test.

Lesotho

i don't care. overblown or not i'd never have sex in africa

Lesotho

Have a great trip!

Lesotho

Just got the dates for my trip to Lesotho. We'll be leaving sometime around Thanksgiving and will be gone for three weeks over there. We'll be putting up a single 600 foot AM tower (I climb/rig towers for a living. To give you perspective, Seattle's Space Needle is 605 feet to the top of the needle). My boss went over there about a month ago to pour the concrete foundations and said that because of it's proximity to Jo-burg, supplies, tools, and modern conveniences are abundant. A far cry from Ethiopia that's for sure.

We're scheduled to return on the 21st of December, but hopefully we're not cutting it too close to xmas. Should be an experience for sure. Expect a detailed report, my dotcomrades.

Fortune favors the bold.

Lesotho

Looking forward to the report, especially in exotic spots there is little hope in me going to in the next couple years.