rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Green Shakes

Green Shakes

I'm a bit of a health nut (save for binge drinking and occasional drug use) and thoroughly enjoy eating healthy. I recently bought a $400 bender and have been making Green Shakes and feel fantastic. I include things like organic kale, wild blue berries, celery, ripe avocado, water cress, spinach, swiss chard, green tea matcha (adds flavour and an insanely high concentration of anti-oxidants), two spoons full of peruvian macca root (gelatinized, not raw), banana, rasberries, ginseng extract, seaweed and stevia to sweeten it. Sometimes raw ginger.

Although for most they would prefer more fruit/sweetness, I enjoy the healthy aspect. The blender is full when done.

Anyone else like green shakes or smoothies, and what recipes/additives do you use?

[Image: green_banana_fruit_strawberry_smoothie.jpg]

Green Shakes

been meaning to get back on the green shakes, will be back at it very soon, already bought me some kale but haven't touched it yet.

from what I remember a few months ago when I was making these shakes my ingredients were:

kale
celery
spinach
collards
carrots
wild berries
banana
cinnamon
honey

Green Shakes

I do have greenish shakes, mostly so that I can make a fast easy breakfast and not worry after I've left that I've accidentally left the stove on. Mostly it's a quick splash of milk, fill up the blender loosely with kale, add a banana for sweetness and smooth texture, then a couple handfuls of frozen blueberries. Occasionally I'll add yogurt or whatnot, but it's a nice change from eggs (nothing wrong with eggs, mind, but they get old after a while).

Green Shakes

Kale is my favorite Veg. I pheen for it at times, it tastes amazing to me.

I pretty much what you all have been posting minus a few things.

Some things I add interchangeably from time to time that differ in that were mentioned are:

Beets (underrated veg, crazy good for you)
Alfalfa sprout powder (High in Vit-K and Magnesium)
Low Sodium V-8
Coconut oil
Almond milk
Hemp Butter

Green Shakes

I'm keen on
Maca powder.
Goji berries.
Raw cocoa
coconut oil

Lemme guess, $400 got you a Vita-prep? Those things are sweeeet

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Green Shakes

does one need a $400 blender for such shakes?

My ex GF used to make shakes with fruit all the time, i would get like a caffine high but then a caffine crash as well....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Green Shakes

I usually have fruit based ones. Mine usually consist of:

- Strawberries
- Blueberries
- Banana
- Orange
- Raspberry
- Flaxseed
- Scoop of whey
- Kiwi

I'm going to experiment also with mango, water melon, avocado. I think most fruits bunched together will taste pretty damn good.

You can add pretty much anything in them as long as there's enough fruit in for taste. I put creatine in mine after a workout, nuts, I even put some milk chocolate in for the hell of it.

I eat lots of veg during the day so don't have veg ones usually but if someone's got a kickass recipe I'm all ears.

Green Shakes

Vita-prep is worth it. Those fuckers should give me a commission for word of mouth advertising

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Green Shakes

The only way I can stomach the stronger greens in a drink is to mix them with lots of other ingredients to take off some of the edge. A favourite:

2 shots wheatgrass juice (greens)
1 large FROZEN banana (for sugar and texture)
1/2 medium avocado (for fat)
1 scoop whey powder (for protein and mouthfeel)
ice cold water or even ice (to mix and for texture)
Blend with strong blender

Essentially a smoothie. Considering it contains two shots wheatgrass juice it actually tastes really good.

Green Shakes

Might give these green shakes a try, was drinking a green fruit and veg juice drink out in Thailand (bought from 7/11) that was apparently all natural, nothing added and it was tasty and full of vitamins though it wasn't as thick as a shake or a smoothie, I think drinking green slime might not be as nice.

Green Shakes

I like:

*Banana
*Honey
*Spinach
*Celery
*Chia Seed
*2 Clementines (oranges)
*Couple leaves of romaine lettuce

Without the honey it tastes like shit. Celery is totally overpowering.

Green Shakes

Yeah I think I'd have trouble drinking anything with celery in it. Even the smallest bit of celery in a dish and I can taste it over everything else, such a strong and not very nice taste to it.

Green Shakes

Celery is underated. It does taste odd (I don't think it tastes like shit) and only is good raw or in stew. But Celery does have tons of chemicals that make pheromones. I ate a full stalk of Celery evrey day for about 2 weeks to test (it was a bitch sitting for like a half-hour... just..chewing) and yo I ate no scientist but lizards.. I had to shoo them away I purposely wore a muscle shirt and no cologne and bitches we're all up on me. I don't know if it was the muscle shirt (@ Velkrum lol), or that celery, or just placebo but I am going to try again this fall when I am back in school. Celery is mad underrated.

Green Shakes

I love these fucking things. It feels like they clean out my belly of all the crap I've been eating. I swear to God these things make my waistline tighter and help my 6pack. Not to mention all the nutrients and anti-oxidants that keep my skin clear and clean.

I'm about to make one right now with..

carrots
spinach
chard
apples

I also make salsa which is packed with goodness...

A few tomatoes (slightly roasted)
Onion
Jalapeno
Various other peppers
Lime juice

This stuff is great with my morning eggs, my afternoon chicken, and my evening fish. Tastes great and has alot of the same healing, nutritional, and fat burning power of the green shakes.

Green Shakes

Quote: (05-30-2012 08:53 AM)Gixxermuscle Wrote:  

I'm a bit of a health nut (save for binge drinking and occasional drug use) and thoroughly enjoy eating healthy. I recently bought a $400 bender and have been making Green Shakes and feel fantastic. I include things like organic kale, wild blue berries, celery, ripe avocado, water cress, spinach, swiss chard, green tea matcha (adds flavour and an insanely high concentration of anti-oxidants), two spoons full of peruvian macca root (gelatinized, not raw), banana, rasberries, ginseng extract, seaweed and stevia to sweeten it. Sometimes raw ginger.

Although for most they would prefer more fruit/sweetness, I enjoy the healthy aspect. The blender is full when done.

Anyone else like green shakes or smoothies, and what recipes/additives do you use?

[Image: green_banana_fruit_strawberry_smoothie.jpg]

I too am sort of a health nut and I avoid eating processed foods at all costs. When I make fruit smoothies i try to keep it as simple as possible. My favorite fruit smoothie consist of the juice from four large apples, usually Gala, and 5-6 bananas, 3 of which are frozen. It kind of tastes like ice cream.

A good fruit smoothie that contains a large variety of fruit can be found here http://veganyackattack.com/2012/04/06/cr...7494142157
[Image: whip.gif]

Green Shakes

Quote:Quote:

carrots
spinach
chard
apples

Onion
Jalapeno
Various other peppers
Lime juice

That smoothie sounds good and that salsa sounds even better. I'm gonna make both this week. Apart from roasting the tomato do you cook any of the other ingredients or serve raw?

Green Shakes

Quote: (06-04-2012 07:03 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

carrots
spinach
chard
apples

Onion
Jalapeno
Various other peppers
Lime juice

That smoothie sounds good and that salsa sounds even better. I'm gonna make both this week. Apart from roasting the tomato do you cook any of the other ingredients or serve raw?

Well, I slightly roast the tomatoes and peppers - BUT - you could just keep everything raw and that would work also. Try both ways and see what you like..

I roast the tomatoes just until the skin starts to fall off, then I take them out of the pan and let them cool off for 20 minutes or so, then I peel the skin off and chop them up. At the same time I am roasting the tomatoes, I also have the peppers in the same pan. I slightly roast the peppers until they are soft. Then I chop them up a little.

The onion stays raw. (or roasted, either way works)

Throw in some raw cilantro also.

After the tomatoes and peppers are roasted and chopped, I mix them into a little food processor with the onion and whip it all up basically like this...

I had this last night with my fish and I will have it this morning with my eggs and potatoes.

Green Shakes

Props to you guys for being able to stomach this shit. I know I'd hurl just from the smell.

So has anyone done real experiments to see the effects of theses shakes?
Like 2 months on, 2 months off and note any significant differences you've noticed.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Green Shakes

My skin gets better when I am consistent on these shakes, more energy,I get less gas (sounds odd eh?), and since I pack mine full of sprouts I could probably fill a 8oz glass full of spooge.

Green Shakes

Picked up the ingredients today to make the shake and the salsa that giovanny posted. Health kick starts now, after last nights booze and junk food session with mates I'm on a 2 week no alcohol and very healthy eating plan plus going out jogging 3 times a week.

Green Shakes

Don't forget about fruit shakes also which can be made from almost any frozen fruit mixed with milk/juice/almond milk/etc.

Breakfast:

2 frozen bananas
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of raw oatmeal
1 handful of flax seeds
1 scoop of peanut butter
1 dash of honey
Protein powder

Afternoon:

1 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries

Also, you can peel, chop, and freeze melons, mangos, papayas or whatever fruit you like. I call these "homemade jamba juices"

Green Shakes

I made that shake earlier and it doesn't taste great but not too bad either, I added a touch of apple cider vinegar and some fresh lime juice into it. I've got another portion in the fridge for breakfast for tomorrow.

Green Shakes

How much does one shake end up costing you in food costs? I get mine at whole foods for about $5...kind of worth it when you factor having to clean up, etc.

Green Shakes

Its way cheaper to do on your own and does not take much time. Wash, cut, toss, blend.

I would say one 750ml smoothie at home would costs about .90 cents to 1.25$ max per serving.

Green Shakes

cool. what about using the vita-prep versus using a juicer. any big difference there?