rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hotel or Hostel?

Hotel or Hostel?

Hey guys, i just went to Europe a couple of months ago and i really loved it. I visited countries like Poland and Hungary, and since i came back home all i wanted was to come back to Europe.

It turns out that i will come back to Europe in a couple of months, but this time I'll go only to eastern europe, and I'll finish my trip in Stockholm, Sweden. I'm going to be traveling with 2 friends for the trip, but they come back home from Tallinn and then i take a plane to Sweden. My big question is, since I'll be on my own in Stockholm for a couple of days (I've never been there) is wether i should book a room by myself at a hotel, or go to a hostel and pay way less for a shared room. I have reasons for both options:

- Hotel: Like i said before, I've never been in Stockholm before, but I've heard and read a lot about it. From what i know, ONS with swedish girls aren't that hard (especially with guys from other races), and the most "hard" thing is related to logistics. And by this I meand wether you have your private room or not, and if you can take the girl back to your place without problems. So maybe a private room at a hotel would be a good option.

- Hostel: I'll be traveling alone in Stockholm, so maybe going out solo (I have no problem with it) would be kind of lonely, and in the hostel, i could share with more people. And besides this, there's always the chance to score with a backpacker.

So that's my dilemma. It'd be great if you guys could help me out a bit.

Hotel or Hostel?

Go for the hostel, rolling solo can be difficult at the best of times, especially so when in a new city. If you get a result then you can find a hotel or take a private room in the hostel.

Hotel or Hostel?

I say the opposite and go for hotel. If you want to bang a nice local girl she's not going to come back to the hostel with you and probably wouldn't be allowed anyway. Hostels means you'll have instant friends but I also find it can mean that you just end up hanging out with the other backpackers in there going to places where backpackers go instead of getting out and meeting locals. You'll be busy seeing the city, partying, setting up dates with girls...you won't be lonely.

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote: (05-29-2012 04:06 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I say the opposite and go for hotel. If you want to bang a nice local girl she's not going to come back to the hostel with you and probably wouldn't be allowed anyway. Hostels means you'll have instant friends but I also find it can mean that you just end up hanging out with the other backpackers in there going to places where backpackers go instead of getting out and meeting locals. You'll be busy seeing the city, partying, setting up dates with girls...you won't be lonely.

Haven't been to any hostel where I have not been allowed to take a girl back to my private room.

Or you could take a hotel and a hostel(party hostel) for the same night. Check into your hotel, then go to the hostel and hang out and maybe do a pub crawl. You will meet Swedish girls regardless of where you go

Hotel or Hostel?

only for a couple days, I say hotel, good hotels will have everything you need, a few nice cafes, a nice club/bar, nice looking girls working the desks, some stores, arrange transport, maybe massage/haircut, steam/exercise room

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote: (05-29-2012 02:44 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Go for the hostel, rolling solo can be difficult at the best of times, especially so when in a new city. If you get a result then you can find a hotel or take a private room in the hostel.

This.

Hotel or Hostel?

I went to a new city solo this month and stayed in both. I'd say hostel. Backpackers are half and half. Some party and some do backpacker things. You might get lucky with a female backpacker. Do the hostel thing and stay in the private room. Make sure you can bring guest in. The Mexican hostels I stayed at had a no guest after 10 policy. Good luck.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote:Quote:

Haven't been to any hostel where I have not been allowed to take a girl back to my private room.

I've been to plenty, no wrist band on to show you're a guest and you're not coming in whether the person you're with has a private room or not. Very common particularly in south america but also seen it in europe and australia.

Surprised that the majority so far have said hostel. The guy wants to bang swedish girls there's unlikely to be any locals staying at the hostel and there's a good chance the girl either wouldn't want to come back to a hostel or wouldn't be allowed. Hanging about with backpackers is mostly shit, they are all so similar and sheep like and have the same boring stories to tell about where they have been and how cheap they can travel for. I used to be a backpacker but I grew out of it and I wish I'd moved away from it sooner, I would have had much better trips.

My advice is to roll solo and do the hotel route, better to get this idea out your head as soon as possible that you'll be lonely if you don't have a bunch of other backpackers to hang round with at all times. You don't need them and you'll learn to be more sociable in other settings because you're forced to seek out people to hang with if you want company rather than them just being impose on you in a hostel.

Hotel or Hostel?

If it's just for a couple of days and money is not a deal breaker I'd go for the hotel. You will push yourself a little more outside of the backpacker comfort zone and it's pretty hard to be lonely after just two days. You can also try and make some local contacts beforehand through couch surfing, etc.

Hotel or Hostel?

You're right AlphaTravel. I really want to hook up with a swedish girl, and now that i think that, it'd be kind of hard to find one at the hostel. It would totally suck if you have a girl ready to fuck and you don't have a private room where you can take her (i've been there and it really sucks). Last summer I traveled around Europe for a month and i did it on my own, but it was really cool to hang out at hostels.

I'm not quite sure, but i think i might end up booking a hotel room because of the logistics with a girl.

Quote: (05-29-2012 11:51 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I've been to plenty, no wrist band on to show you're a guest and you're not coming in whether the person you're with has a private room or not. Very common particularly in south america but also seen it in europe and australia.

Surprised that the majority so far have said hostel. The guy wants to bang swedish girls there's unlikely to be any locals staying at the hostel and there's a good chance the girl either wouldn't want to come back to a hostel or wouldn't be allowed. Hanging about with backpackers is mostly shit, they are all so similar and sheep like and have the same boring stories to tell about where they have been and how cheap they can travel for. I used to be a backpacker but I grew out of it and I wish I'd moved away from it sooner, I would have had much better trips.

My advice is to roll solo and do the hotel route, better to get this idea out your head as soon as possible that you'll be lonely if you don't have a bunch of other backpackers to hang round with at all times. You don't need them and you'll learn to be more sociable in other settings because you're forced to seek out people to hang with if you want company rather than them just being impose on you in a hostel.

Hotel or Hostel?

You're not going to the hostel to find a Swedish girl though, you're going there to find some guys to go out with.

Like I said if you are adamant you want your own room, then pay for hotel and pay for hostel too. Or book private room in hostel and ensure yoy can have a guest in advance

Hotel or Hostel?

Why does he need guys to go out with though? Groups of backpacker guys are, in my experience, not good for going out on the pull with. A lot of locals think backpackers are nasty, cheap, idiots best avoided.

Hotel or Hostel?

i sometimes stay in a hostel for a day or two to get to know the city and to meet some people and then move to a hotel or private room. It all depends on how long im staying and how much a private room costs.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote: (05-30-2012 03:10 PM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

Why does he need guys to go out with though? Groups of backpacker guys are, in my experience, not good for going out on the pull with. A lot of locals think backpackers are nasty, cheap, idiots best avoided.

Not at all. He should ideally have people to go out with, makes the night a whole lot better even if they turn out to be pricks.

I like hostels and I'm not a nasty cheap idiot. Also travel with a friend sometimes who's a multi millionaire, he only stays in hostels.

Hotel room in Sweden could be some very expensive masturbation for the op.

Hotel or Hostel?

If you're serious about bagging Swedish girls in Stockholm, hotel it is.

Hotel or Hostel?

I don't neccessarily think having people to go out with makes the night a whole lot better, a lot of the time when I'm going out to try and meet women I prefer to go alone. I love a good night out with mates but going out with a hostel crowd, whilst sometimes fun, just means going out with a large group of randoms that you have little connection with.

I like hostels and I'm not a nasty cheap idiot. Also travel with a friend sometimes who's a multi millionaire, he only stays in hostels.

What reason does your multi millionaire friend opt to stay in hostels for?

Hotel or Hostel?

He get's to meet people and go out and party. He's 50 years old, looks a lot younger though due to having a facelift.

Yeah I mean these people can often turn out to be pricks, in that case I just focus my attention on girls in a club. If they ask who i'm with I just point towards them.

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote: (05-31-2012 05:11 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I don't neccessarily think having people to go out with makes the night a whole lot better, a lot of the time when I'm going out to try and meet women I prefer to go alone. I love a good night out with mates but going out with a hostel crowd, whilst sometimes fun, just means going out with a large group of randoms that you have little connection with.

Yes but staying in a hostel gives you the option of both worlds. If the people staying there are pricks then you obviously don't go out with them or if they turn out to be pricks on the night out you just dump them,you don't have to hang out with them.

I was always against hostels because I thought that they were for people who could not afford decent hotels,thought they would be full of scummy backpackers,I always stayed in nice hotels. Then on my last trip to the Ukraine with a mate we checked into a hostel as he could not afford a good hotel. It totally opened my eyes to how much more social and fun they are then hotels. We met some cool people staying there and had some good nights out with them,wouldn't have happened had we'd been in a hotel. I'll do the same every time I travel solo from now on most likely.

Hotel or Hostel?

I'm in a great one at the moment. Out of the centre a little bit, very spacious, modern,quiet, cheap, I just cooked myself a nice lunch.

Hotel or Hostel?

Stockholm - hotel for sure, the nicer the better. The prices are pretty serious, so be warned.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Hotel or Hostel?

He get's to meet people and go out and party. He's 50 years old, looks a lot younger though due to having a facelift.

So he's a good looking multi millionaire and he needs to go to hostels and hang out with backpackers just to meet people and be able to have fun? Strange. I'm not rich yet I still manage to meet people, have loads of fun, party and fuck women without going to hostels so I would have though it'd be much easier for a rich guy. I think you'd struggle NOT to meet people if you went out with serious cash in your pocket and were sociable. Does your mate fancy giving some of his money to me so I can use it properly? [Image: wink.gif]

Hotel or Hostel?

He doesn't need to, he chooses to, hotels are boring. You have made your point, you are obviously happy rolling solo, others are not. Think the Op has enough advice now.

Hotel or Hostel?

Quote: (06-01-2012 06:22 AM)dhdseo28 Wrote:  

A hotel is a commercial establishment that offers lodging to travelers. Some may also offer lodging to permanent residents.It provide many facilities like to available luxury rooms.Hotels may also have restaurants, conference rooms, stores, and other services that are available to the general public. It can also defined as the place where it provides lodging to the travelers

Anaheim CA Vacation Hotels | Arlington TX Vacation Hotels | hotel beach miami | Budget Hotels Tampa

'Indian travel agent troll'?

Hotel or Hostel?

One more for hotel, or both

Hotel or Hostel?

I think it depends on the hostel, if it's a really dingy, dirty, over-crowded backpacker hostel, then no. However, not every hostel is run-down, dingy, and gross, some are pretty nice, well kept, clean, and have nice amenities.

Most people aren't staying at hostels because of the comforts, they're staying to meet people. I agree with Deb, as far as it being more fun to go out with people and it being easy to meet people at hostels. I def hear what AlphaTravel is saying, but it's not always easy to meet people and make friends when traveling solo abroad.

Unless you're staying at a hotel packed full of young people with a lively bar/lounge/cafe/pool scene, chances are you aren't going to meet many people. Most people who stay at hotels are older folk, families, and couples, at hostels you get a young, lively, international crowd. It's almost a cliche to hate on hostels and backpackers on this forum, but guess what they're not all a bunch of retards. There are cool people who aren't filthy scum who stay at hostels, I'd know, I've met a ton of them. Also, not every girl who stays at a hostel is a grimy, dumpster chick, there can be cute women from Sweden, France, Germany, Argentina, Israel, etc.

My one caveat for staying at a hostel, is I need my own, private room and bathroom, obviously I'm down to pay more for this privlige. I'm too old and used to my own personal space, to be staying in a dorm room, plus there is always the issue of privacy if one has a girl to bring back. Some hostels (esp. in Brazil) will try to cockblock you with a no guest policy, so it can be good to inquire or at least read reviews online in advance. Plus if you have your own private room in a hostel, you might just be able to game and bang chicks straight out of the hostel, which would be ideal for minimal effort IMO.

But, as far as the OP goes, it sounds like the experts here are saying a hotel is better for trying to get a Swedish flag. My main gripe is just when people blindly hate on hostels without seeing the possible benefits.