rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA/San Francisco

LA/San Francisco

Hey all,

I noticed that there isn't a whole lot written about Southern California and the Bay Area. I'm going to visit a friend in LA in late December, and we plan on cruising up to San Francisco at some point. I've been to LA already 4 times but never to San Fran. What joints do the hottie starving actresses frequent in LA? The hipster girls in Berkeley? Any cool spots to check out? Much appreciated.

~Butters

LA/San Francisco

I was young when I went to SF, so don't know too much about the nightlife or anything like that, but I thought it was an awesome city. But then again, keep in mind I was too young to go out. I would like to go again sometime soon.

LA/San Francisco

Sf is an awesosme city but horrible to game

i used to lve there and i did not see a hot girl the whole time i was there

LA/San Francisco

If you're heading out to SF, check out the night life in the Mission District. Also, there are some good bars around Berkeley as well. I can't give you specifics because my friends were taking me from place to place. There were a lot more younger cuter girls around Berkeley, but Mission District at night time finds itself some good looking girls as well.

LA is a lot better, but I haven't been there in a while. There are a lot of HOT girls here, but the best parties are house parties, and unfortunately not something you can really take part in as a visitor unless you have well connected friends. Here's a good guide for your journey:
http://www.blackbookmag.com/guides/los_a.../nightlife

LA/San Francisco

I lived in SF for many years...

Not many good looking girls around unfortunately. Lots of hippies if it's your thing.

LA/San Francisco

Oh yeah, how could I forget??!

Fuckin, Hermosa Beach is THE SHIT. Check it out. There's an area called "The Strand."

LA/San Francisco

I live in L.A. if you have any specific questions, shoot away. NorCal is not good for girls but a great place to visit, don't pass it up. All the hot girls are in southern Cal. L.A., Orange County and San Diego. Hottest women in the country outside of Miami. If you're looking for clubs in L.A. packed with hotties, just walk the junction of Hollywood blvd and Cahuenga. Girls everywhere and clubs poppin. And also of course the Sunset Strip though a little too much on that "see and be seen" tip for my comfort, plenty of spots over there, but I think the Hollywood Blvd scene is where it's at as far as idea pickup area in L.A. There's also Santa Monica on Main Street, with clubs and bars everywhere and lots of hotties walking around, and you got the beach one block away. Hermosa beach is cool too, it's a good place to pickup if you fit the stereotypical image of the California surfer boy.

LA/San Francisco

I don't share everyone's negative take on SF.

I think it is the best overall "city" in California (weather not included).

Best restaurants by leaps and bounds, and is more pedestrian and therefore more user friendly. Better Gentleman's clubs and more underground clubs. I also think there are better options after 2am. OC and SD are ghost towns after 2am.

I have written about it before: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2005/11/g-m...north.html

Everyone always says that the girls are not as hot as southern California. That may be true, but the girls are more sophisticated and intelligent and have way better style.

"LA" is a very tough spot to get a handle on if you don't know people. As kerouac said, the best nightlife is usually the parties at houses in the hills.

LA/San Francisco

Thanks for the good advice everyone. Any style of game work particularly well over there? Like, do LA girls need to be spanked differently than their neighbors in OC? And what are some must-see attractions?

LA/San Francisco

Speakeasy

Im heading to Pasadena for a 3 night midweek trip this week... any suggestions for that area?

LA/San Francisco

OC is a nightlife wasteland more or less.

"Shit, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFYaFyB5mO8

Unless you are a big fan of being arrested and dui's.

I am going to do an Orange County piece soon.

LA/San Francisco

hibachiwoj,

Go party on sunset.

The Ritz in pasadena is kind of dope though.

LA/San Francisco

For the most part, OC doesn't have anything to offer tourists besides beaches, Disneyland, and South Coast Plaza, if you're into shopping.

You would be much better off going down to San Diego (and if you're adventurous and have a passport, Tijuana) or just stick to LA.

SD is an under-appreciated spot in Southern California, just because it is far from LA, but it offers beautiful girls, chill atmosphere, and amazing natural scenery.

In fact, I will post pictures that I think give you an idea of what I think of each county:

LA:
[Image: santa-monica-pier-address.jpg]
+
[Image: la-clubs-and-bars-2.jpg]

OC:
[Image: mcmansions-03-2008.jpg]
+
[Image: THECREWANDVICE.jpg]

SD:
[Image: la_jolla_cove.jpg]
+
[Image: gaslamp-nighttime-5-copy.JPG]

LA/San Francisco

San Diego is really cool. Maybe my fav city in Socal.

LA/San Francisco

San Diego is probably my favorite city too. The problem I have with LA is that I've met too many fucked up (as in psycho) girls in LA. The movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang sums it up well (i am definitely paraphrasing this quote) "it seems like god took the earth and shook it and who ever couldn't hold on ended up in LA". I love LA, but shit, so many fucked up things I saw while I lived there for a little while.

San Diego on the other hand, at least in my opinion, is the most normal (in a good way) city I've ever lived in. Most people are really happy and friendly, and there are beautiful people everywhere. If you're into latinas (I definitely am) it is good too, because a lot of the rich Mexican families who wanted to get away from the crime in Mexico moved over to SD. Along with them came pretty young daughters who happen to make really decent girls to get to know. A lot of Brazilian girls also go to SD to live and work for a while. Not the type that Roosh brought up once (not really ambitious and ugly, more like hot and down to party).

LA/San Francisco

Yeah SD is under-rated, and superior to LA.

Hot girls, less traffic, less pollution, better weather, friendlier people, more down to earth girls.

LA/San Francisco

Yeah, we did San Diego once. Gorgeous city. There was a power outage there at one of the clubs in the Gaslamp Quarter. We also did Santa Barbara. Any particular spots in SD you guys recommend?

LA/San Francisco

San Diego can get tired real fast. It is a very early city and the restaurant options are a joke compared with other cities.

There are rich Mexican girls, but not easy to find. You have to know what you are doing.

The girl quality doesn't hold a candle to LA either.

It is a mellow place, but this decade has become increasingly spazzy.

It also has a terrible guy-girl ratio, hence the nickname "Man Diego".

As a whole, the city is hardly world class, which is a shame because it really could be.

There is one world class event though: The Del Mar Racetrack

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2008/07/del...rt-ii.html

LA/San Francisco

All Cali has a lot of stuck up girls, even San Diego, but they are gorgeous. San Diego is probably the best spot for pick up though. I do preffer the beaches in Orange County and Northern SD county more though. They aren't as crouded and are quite nicer than the beaches in LA and SD. Some beaches I suggest... San Clemente (I consider this the diamond in the rough of OC. It's not as touristy and has great beaches with great wave breaks. I was also born here though, so maybe I'm a little biased, but I honestly think the beaches are great!), Carlesbad, Ensenitas (Great place in SD county I believe). Basically I think the beaches south of Laguna Beach and North of San Diego are money. I'm just talking beaches though. Not too sure about the nightlife. I know the women are beautiful though. I feel like these spots aren't quite as posh as northern OC or LA, which usually makes for better women as far as attitudes go, not necissarily looks.

LA/San Francisco

Quote: (11-18-2009 01:32 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

All Cali has a lot of stuck up girls, even San Diego, but they are gorgeous.

If you can cut it in L.A., you can cut it anywhere. Bitch shields are pretty high here because so many women here are status-obsessed princesses and many women look at a man like a fashion accessory. If you don't have the Range Rover and sport the latest from Armani Exchange, they won't even look in your direction. Maybe I'm stereotyping a bit, but there's a kernal of truth to most stereotypes.

But yeah, the girls are hot around here, for sure. I'm aware of that every time I have to travel to middle America and am reminded of just how fat and plain-Jane most American women are outside of bubbles like Hollywood and South Beach.

LA/San Francisco

Brandon,

I think you haven't been to north county in a while. Encinitas is insanely crowded. All day long.

Nightlife in North county is beyond laughable. Shouldn't even be called nightlife.

I think San diego girls can be just as bad or worst than la girls. They emulate them and many times do a really poor imitation.

I actually think LA is the best for girls out of oc, sd, and la.

Mostly because of volume, and variety. There are also way, way more exceptionally beautiful girls in LA than the other two. SD can actually be pretty average.

"bubbles like Hollywood and South Beach"

True, throw in NYC as well. I was in Soho during fashion week this year.

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/10/new...nking.html

Insane.

LA/San Francisco

Quote: (11-18-2009 03:00 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If you can cut it in L.A., you can cut it anywhere.

I felt this way after I moved from LA to SD. LA built up my predator instincts and when I moved down to SD it was like in those nature videos, where they prey are unfamiliar with the new predator, and as a result do not have the natural instincts to run away [Image: biggrin.gif]

LA/San Francisco

kerouac,

For proof of what I am talking about, in case anyone thinks I am being overly critical of san diego, look at the "nightlife" picture you posted of San Diego (gaslamp).

Every person in the picture is a guy. Honestly, there is not one girl in the picture. Hence "Man Diego".

The two bars are Nicky Rottens and Sloppy Joes. No need to explain why they are terrible.

Interesting thing though is in that picture there is a "secret speakeasy" (no pun intended Speakeasy) where you need a password.

I don't have to tell you that I know it.

LA/San Francisco

Maybe the Man Diego thing is because of all the nearby military bases? I'm guessing.

LA/San Francisco

speakeasy,

It plays a role for sure, but not as big as most people think.

Here are the real reasons:

Great weather
Good surfing
Relatively cheap
Good Beer
Not dangerous
Less "ethnic" than la
Less materialistic than oc and la.

All things equal many guys moving there. The last ten years have seen a huge influx from crappy middle America and crappy places from the north east.

It is kind of a paradise for small town people.

Add on top of that no reason for hot girls to move there. No modeling, no fashion, no hollywood, no P0rn etc.

It creates a huge disparity.

Add on top of that, it is a very "young" town.

Any hot girl worth her salt at age 25-27 will move to OC for better jobs/richer beta boyfriends or la to try and "make it".

side note:

Examine the picture of the Childrens Pool in La Jolla. Beautiful beach for sure. But try to spot a fly girl in a bikini in that picture.