rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone tried Maca in Peru?

My friend was going bonkers about it.

Tried a little this morning. Seems decent.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E5E...ive=380601

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidium_meyenii

Anyone have experience with using it?

Well not in Peru...

A hippie restaurant in Haleiwa sells maca smoothies and puts it in salads. They also sell it as a powder.

There is a farm that grows it in the Koolau mountains over on the east side of Oahu.

I always feel a little speedy after I eat it. Now that I read the wikipedia the G put up, maybe that's just in my head. Maybe I noticed a volume increase, but the girl who brought it out of me was really hot. She had eaten as much as I had.

I take surfer chicks to the restaurant all the time just because they have brochures that say what an aphrodisiac the stuff is. It talks about the stuff on their menu too. 3 chicks have told me the sex was better and they felt a little more heated up. But that might have just been in their heads after reading all the info.

For real, I know a couple guys that always get the smoothie before they fish. They go in serious water and they say it keeps them from getting motion sick. I've tried it then too, but I don't get seasick anymore in the first place.

G, what did you like about it? How did you take it? (pill, powder, raw)

Aloha!

Kona,

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't know about the sexual aspects of it. In fact, my friend just gave me some last night that he got from Peru. Wants to import the stuff.

I just tried it again this afternoon before working out. I think it gave me some energy. I think I will up the intake tommorrow.

I did the powder in some water this morning and with some juice this aft.

I just added some maca to my daily stacka. I definitely noticed after adding it I feel hornier then before I took it. That may also be cause I just arrived back in sunny South America and I'm surrounded by tiny brown Latinas in short shorts.

From Dr. Axe:

Maca Root benefits include increased fertility in both men and women, hormone balance, booster for the immune system, and increased energy, stamina, improved sexual function, memory, and focus.

Maca is considered an “adaptogen”, a name given to certain herbs, plants, and natural substances that help the body naturally adapt to stressors like a busy schedule, demanding job, or illness, for example.

Another unique fact about maca root is that historically it has been considered a very potent aphrodisiac and a traditional fertility secret of populations living in the Andes.

Consuming maca often makes people feel more “alive”, energetic, and leaves them with a sense of well-being, all of which are thought to be due to its ability to restore proper hormone balance and elevate “feel good” endorphins. Another benefit of maca is its relatively high amount of absorbable plant-based nutrients, including protein, fiber, calcium and magnesium, among others.

Maca Nutrition Facts

Maca root powder is comprised of approximately 18% protein, 76.5% carbohydrates, 5% fat, and 8.5% fiber (indigestible carbohydrates). Maca provides a powerful source of nutrition, including:

Over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
20 free-form fatty acids (such as lauric, linolenic, palmitic acid, oleic , and steric acid)
Vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E
Calcium
Magnesium
Potassium
Copper
Zinc
Manganese
Phosphorus
Selenium
Sulphur
Sodium
Iron
Maca is also a rich source of phytonutrients.

There is no particular recommended serving size of maca according to experts, however most people feel best when starting with about 1 tablespoon daily (in powder form) and possibly working their way up to 2-3 tablespoons, spread throughout the day. Because maca can help increase energy and stamina, many people like to consume it before exercising.

In the Andes Mountain, locals may consume as much as a pound of dried or fresh maca root daily. Most people supplement with 1g to 20g d

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I have ordered Maca from the Internet many times. Sometimes I mix it in with protein shakes.

It definitely increases libido. I've taken it enough to know it isn't a placebo affect.