rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Joining the Kool Kids Klub in college

tl;dr : tips on how to build a nice social life in college?

hi there, been lurking for a while - im a third year college student in a "nerdy" major (computer science), and virtually all my friends are either homework buddies or video game buddies

so i've been told that if you want to get laid in college, it helps alot to have a good social life, and besides I want to have some fun in something other than video games

so far I signed up to be a frosh week leader, joined some muay thai club, and i'm planning to pledge for a fraternity (apparently fraternities are much better in the US, i'm canadian)

last night i walked by the campus pub grand opening night.. i wanted to go in but I've never been in a pub/club before and was scared shitless.. how did you guys start going to pubs/clubs?

I was on vacation and my old man ended up buying a fake id for me, aged 5 years that night and was my first time in a club. Now I just go with older friends who are in University.

Which college is this?

The quality of posts on this forum are taking a nose-dive.

so youre going to join the Kool Kids Klub and be a member of the KKK? That should go over well with your black friends and black girls...

Quote: (05-03-2012 09:46 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

The quality of posts on this forum are taking a nose-dive.
Agreed, this one is not to bad compared to alot of the new ones

i think there should be a minimum post count before you can make a thread...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

@Torontokid
University of Waterloo

@hoops330
Everyone here is asian

@_dc_
Sorry about that - my new guide on how to pick up girls is coming up soon - lift with your legs and run

Your at a gold mine. Waterloo is a great party town and a great college town, way better to where I am at in TO.

Your in a shitty program and probably surrounded by cocks. GOd tips to build a social life is two fold. You can try and angle with the "cool kids" whom are on daddys dime and really don't give a fuck about education at all... Or... Just get involved. You mentioned Frosh week leader that is a good start I did it one year and was surrounded by poon. These lost newbies coming in look highly of you and its easy to get lays if your slick. Get involved in lots of other groups to. To most successful people I find are really out going and treat school groups like a part time job, theu are always doing something and just getting more and more exposure. People will start to recognize your face and once you start hitting pubs and parties it just becomes a cyclical type of thing. Your 3rd year so you really have to work way harder, its key to start building this in first or second year but hope is not lost just go hard at Frosh, get a nice new pad in a dope part of Waterloo, hit the pubs, throw parties.. You'll be strait. A ton of nerdy broads go to Waterloo, fuking clueless and easy lays if you lay it on them right lol.

Stop calling it the 'kool kids klub'

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

@kosko
thanks alot man - definitely going to try that out! Do you just look up school clubs online, and show up one day?

Also, what kind of school activities do you recommend? obviously not the World of Warcraft club or the anime club

@Caligula

i was just joking.. geez

Quote: (05-03-2012 11:42 AM)cozos Wrote:  

@Caligula

i was just joking.. geez

I feel you. It can be tough. My first week at university I invited people I'd met around campus to a party at my place expecting 15 people to turn up. Just two girls turned up expecting a crowd finding just me with a lot of booze. Some dickhead I had invited called to make fun of me saying that everyone was at someone else's place having a great time and I wasn't invited. It was embarrassing.

Fortunately I ended up banging one of the two girls a couple of weeks later and it only got better after that. Like kosko said, it's a virtuous circle. The more you get out there, the more people will recognise your face, the easier it gets.

Focus on being more social. Chat to more of your classmates, to people at the coffee shop, in the canteen. Hone your elderly chat and just talk to people. If you have classes around lunch time say that you were going to go grab a bite and ask if they want to join. Or if it's the last class of the day say you could really do with a drink and ask if they want to come to the pub with you. Though if your programme is a cock fest this might not be the best approach.

Just do it to be friendly, chit chat for the sake of it. Being more social is the first step.

I made a lot of loose acquaintances at university chatting to people in the library, the canteens, common rooms, etc. That got me invited to a lot of parties.

I also joined the committees of a few societies. Figure out which societies throw parties and volunteer for the organising committee. They'll be happy to have someone helping out with the grunt work. I started off printing posters, selling tickets, etc. and ended up presiding over the biggest party society at my university with over 1,000 members. With a hundred free drink tickets in my pocket I suddenly had a lot of new friends and a lot of invitations to house parties.

As for pubs and clubs, it may be terrifying at first but you'll get used to it. If you're an introvert you may find that you're not at your best in high energy and noisy environments. Nightclubs aren't the place to make friends and expand your social circle in any case.

As you start making new friends be wary of your old friends holding you back. Some of them might resent you for breaking out of your video game bubble. Those are not your true friends.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Indian TROLL??????????

Quote: (05-03-2012 12:31 PM)RedBull Wrote:  

Indian TROLL??????????

My troll detector is not going off on this one. Seems earnest enough.

Waterloo huh? I've heard people claim its the worst University in terms of social life although their Engineering program is top notch.

Are there are any frats at Waterloo? If you join a frat you'll be able to visit the Frat's other chapters in other Universities which could be a lot of fun.

I'm going to be starting Uni in fall, still deciding between two options.

I'll be turning 19 on July 22nd so I'll do a 30 day challenge at bars and clubs to prepare myself game-wise before starting University. Get your cold approach down over summer and socializing will be a 100 times easier.

play pickup basketball everyday. after a while people would recognize you around campus, invite you to join their intramural teams, etc. and you'll get in good shape too and feel good. great way to make new friends. sounds kind of strange, but worked for me.

Quote: (05-03-2012 01:02 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Waterloo huh? I've heard people claim its the worst University in terms of social life although their Engineering program is top notch.

Are there are any frats at Waterloo? If you join a frat you'll be able to visit the Frat's other chapters in other Universities which could be a lot of fun.

I'm going to be starting Uni in fall, still deciding between two options.

I'll be turning 19 on July 22nd so I'll do a 30 day challenge at bars and clubs to prepare myself game-wise before starting University. Get your cold approach down over summer and socializing will be a 100 times easier.

It's a geeky school but it's in a small city with Laurier and I think one other school PLUS a big nursing academy in Kitchener.

For student groups check your student union website. Just go to what ever interests you. Intramurals is a good thing to do also. As far as girls it's pretty much even, more girls are in college than dudes do the ratios in the groups always usually bend to more chicks. Just make sure you hit them early as people hit groups then drop out when school gets to hectic but by then you should have solid contacts. Take shitty business or arts electives to. My presentations class was full of business chicks , I dropped the class but got some digits out of it.

Upper level psychology classes has so many girls in it. I took a class called Psychology of Gender Differences, it was awesome. Like 4 guys and 25-30 sorority girls and all the tests were like opinions and essays, it was so easy, just basic common sense. And they would always call on you or focus on you for your opinion.

if you have free credits, I encourage you to take those...I also took some art classes like photography (film) and ceramics and that was really cool (but took up a lot of time). Something where you can actually make something and be artsy and interesting.

do volunteer. I did volunteer for "Special Games" which is like special olympics. pretty good to do, fun times and you meet a bunch of people.

Live on campus too if available. I lived on campus all 4 years of college and it was key to having a sense of community, meeting people, etc. If I lived off campus, I don't think I would have met half the people I did.

@Caligula

Thx for the advice - When you talk to groups of people at school, how did you usually get accepted in already-formed social circles? Or do you talk to people who are also by themselves?

And yeah video games are a huge problem - i'm trying to quit it altogether

@RedBull

I'm asian - and why do you think I'm a troll?

@TorontoKid

I'm not really sure about the social life - it doesn't seem to be different than UoT Scarborough and York when I visited my buddy there.

I looked up fraternities - one is like exclusive to Jewish people and another seems to be focused on philanthropy and volunteering and stuff - I'm going to join it anyways come Fall term

Are you planning to go solo to bars? I read Roosh somewhere saying that going solo is the way to go - but I sort of feel like I need to go with other clubgoers for at least the first time

@Partyonbro

I reduced the courses I'm taking from 5 to 3 next term.. my courseload is pretty heavy so I'm reducing it and taking more BS arts electives so that I have more free time

Heh, in my first year I lived on campus and I knocked on my floormates door introducing myself and this fob mandarin girl pretty much slammed the door on me.
I'm planning to live on campus next term again. Between dorm style single rooms or suite style 3-5 people sharing a living room, which one do you prefer?

I always lived in suites style apartments/dorms with 4 people. Always had parties, always had people over. roomates introduce you to new people, etc. Even did it where I got random roomates my senior year, it seemed to work out fine.

I could have graduated a semester early since I always loaded up on the max number of classes. my last semester I chose classes that I thought I would enjoy, it was great. had the best time. Art classes do take a ton of time. Its not all "easy", but it was fun making photo projects, etc...field trips to exhibits, etc.

Find some wings to go out with, I'm sure there's an active pickup community there.

In any case you have all summer before school starts, go to a big city and go out a lot. Find a couple of good wings.

The whole thing with going solo is that for a beginner its gonna be hard. I like having my friends around to joke with them and get myself into a good social mood. Thats very hard by yourself without alchohol or a lot of discipline.

Oh and btw the only way to join an already created social circle is by being cool and fun to be around. Never ever try to "get" into their group. Just be a source of good emotions and be cool with everyone. Smoke some weed and beer with them and they already categorize you as a guy they chill with outside of classroom/formal settings.

Here's the thing, you're not gonna know how to be funny, cool, and a source of good emotions unless you go out a lot and night game. Try going out 60 days this summer and include one 30 day challenge. You'll come back to U of Waterloo a completely different person.

There was a guy here who described the campus dynamic there pretty well. He didn't name the school but it sounds a lot like Waterloo.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6877-p...l#pid97967
Quote: (09-26-2011 06:02 PM)Mace Wrote:  

Good discussion. The best advice is to understand the dynamics of the campus and play the ratios to your benefit. The key to college game for non-college players is to find college girls who, through victim of circumstance, don't have many high value guys in their social circle.

I live in a mid-sized city. I know the local college campus well - it's my alma mater. It's well regarded for it's Math and Engineering programs - lots of geeks. There's no frat scene or varsity sports scene - no athletes or frat boys. These two factors level the playing field significantly for the average guy. For the experienced enterprising player, it's a goldmine for pussy.

The campus is about 40% white / 40% Asian / 20% Indian. Social circles are somewhat academically and ethnically segregated.The Asians and Indians overwhelmingly major in Math / Engineering / Science. The FOB Asians and Indians date other FOBs. The cool Asians and Indians date other cool Asians and Indians.

The white guys major in Engineering and Math mainly, though there's a handful in other faculties. Most of the white guys are geeks. The ones with girlfriends date the FOB Asian girls from their lectures.

The white girls on campus major overwhelmingly in Arts (psychology, sociology, history etc.) The Arts faculty is about 80% female. WHO ARE ALL THESE GIRLS DATING?

Most of the Asian/Indian guys on campus are unacceptable, and the few cool Asian/Indian guys are banging their hot coethnic girlfriends from their social circle. That leaves white guys, but they're mostly Math/Engineering geeks with no game.

Which means there's a huge shortage of acceptable guys for these white girls to date.

Which means there are a LOOOOT of lonely white girls on this campus.

These girls are horny and begging to be picked up. These girls will get their panties wet for a smoothtalking player with game.

When I see a white girl rolling out of the Arts building, I pounce.

there are "academic" frats that get a lot of science majors, at least at my school. they went out to bars too, had parties with sororities, etc and had common interests other than just staying in and playing video games.

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Hey I'm not much of a poster here, rather a lurker but.. my 2 cents
I currently go to Laurier and in 3rd year (for those not familiar with Ontario Uni's its the 2nd Uni in that town)..
If you can bridge any gaps to Laurier and join their crowd, i would recommend it, from what I've heard about UWaterloo (My roommate currently goes there), its a large sausage fest, but Phils is only a small walk away haha!
I'm not saying its impossible to get laid at UW (esspecially if your game is tight, you'll probably run teh roost, so many rookies)
In terms of frats, nothing in Ontario is really worth it I have found.
Honestly there is a ton of good advice above and I would follow that up, I can't really add too much to it.
Also, Laurier girls are too polite to say no!