rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Malaysia

Malaysia

Does anybody have any info on Malaysia?

I hear all kinds of stories about Kinabalu.

The airfares are too cheap to pass up.

Aloha!

Malaysia

Quote: (11-03-2009 05:52 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Which airline?

Malaysia

Quote: (11-03-2009 05:54 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (11-03-2009 05:52 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Which airline?

Hawaiian from HNL to Manila and back just told me $386 1st class with my miles.

Dragon Air from Manila to Kinabalu with discounts is $74.

Cathay to Cebu UPI or Bali From Manila are both under $150.

Cathay is my favorite airline stewardess wise.

Aloha!

Malaysia

Isn't Malaysia an extremely Muslim country?

Malaysia

Kona,

Funny you mention Malaysia because I started doing some research on it a few days ago (found no posts on this forum).

It seems like a perfect expat location:
cheap
untapped
foreigner friendly
beautiful
interesting chinese/muslim hybrid culture

The only problem I forsee is the muslim conservative sexual culture. Still, for those cheap fares it seems worth it at least to check out.

Malaysia

Quote: (11-03-2009 08:55 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

The only problem I forsee is the muslim conservative sexual culture.

I hope that's not a problem. I don't think the government is Muslim.

I'm going to Kinabalu for sure. It looks pretty diverse. Plus, there's a national park where the 50 foot long worms are. I was just reading about a guide/translator service that's $25 a day.

There's a highway that runs through Brunei. Hopefully its easy to get into.

My route's probably gonna be Boracay-Kinabalu-Bali but not sure yet.

Aloha!

Malaysia

If you're flying from the Philippines, check out Air Asia. You can fly from Clark (2 hours by bus from Manila) to Kota Kinabalu for like $40.

All I've seen of Malaysia is a few days here and there in Kuala Lumpur, thanks to its being Air Asia's primary hub. It's definitely a really cool blend of Malay/Chinese/Indian culture, with excellent food. More than half of the people in the country are Muslim, so there's going to be some sexually conservative women, but there's also the 30-40% that isn't Muslim. It's much less overrun with tourist problems than the rest of SE Asia, though it's a little bit more expensive, and there are supposed to be some good scuba diving deals. I want to head to KK sometime in the next few months to check it out, because I've also heard some good things about that area.

Malaysia

Ive spent half a year in KL and its worth a look for a week or two. You won't find a more interesting blend of asian then in that city. Air Asia is defintly the way to fly, also if you are going to stay in KL I would recommend near the KLCC area.

Malaysia

Mahalo brothers,

Have you guys ever driven into Brunei?

Any idea what the border situation is like?

What I really wanted to do was drive circle island around all of Borneo but time wise it's not gonna work.

Aloha!

Malaysia

Quote: (11-23-2009 04:16 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Mahalo brothers,

I've never done it but Wikitravel says you can drive from KK to Brunei, but it'll take 8-10+ hours with many potential crossing delays:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Kota_Kinabalu_t...i_in_a_day

Malaysia

Quote: (11-25-2009 10:05 AM)laowai Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2009 04:16 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Mahalo brothers,

I've never done it but Wikitravel says you can drive from KK to Brunei, but it'll take 8-10+ hours with many potential crossing delays:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Kota_Kinabalu_t...i_in_a_day

Absolutely. If you wan't the full eco experience then Brunei is defintly the way to go though.An Alternativs would be terrenganu (similar trek to brunei), which has just as much going for it (stunning islands, wildlife, jungle etc etc).

Malaysia

Quote: (11-23-2009 01:46 PM)hibachiwoj Wrote:  

Ive spent half a year in KL and its worth a look for a week or two.

hibachiwoj, can you comment on the girls?

Malaysia

Quote: (11-25-2009 05:58 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Of course.... In KL you will find alot of chinese, other asian (thai, filapino) malay, and a little bit lesser indian. Everywhere else (penang, the outskits of KL) you will find a higher density of malay. In terms of quality, the chinese girls represent REAL well throughout the city. Even though it is a "muslim" country, the nightlife in KL is some of the best ive seen, you have everything from 33rd level lounges to huge world renowed clubs (zouk). Social networking game is HUGE here (seems to be an asian thing) so go on facebook and check out some of the local bars/clubs to meet and greet. As for the chicas specifically....

Chinese - Social networking works best. As with the phillipines go to one of the gazillion malls (pavillion and mid valley are the best) to meet chinese girls during the daytime. They come off as shy but it doesn't take much to crack. Very big into the techno club scene.

Other asian - Easiest of the bunch, will find them in the malls also. Direct game works well as they dig the americans. Alot.

Malay - Tend to be fairly religous, however some have very very nice curvy bodies. There is a after hours club called "central" located at the central train station where they go and are easy as pie.

Australian/white girls - Go to chinatown at night (6-9ish) and they are everywhere (petaling street is where they hover). I think you guys know the book on them by now.

Persian women - Youll find some of these beauties in a place called zeta bar located in the hilton (awesome hotel) in KL. Fun girls who will treat you like royalty.

Im curious to how this list compares to that in the phillipines.

Malaysia

Quote: (11-26-2009 01:22 PM)hibachiwoj Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2009 05:58 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Of course.... In KL you will find alot of chinese, other asian (thai, filapino) malay, and a little bit lesser indian. Everywhere else (penang, the outskits of KL) you will find a higher density of malay. In terms of quality, the chinese girls represent REAL well throughout the city. Even though it is a "muslim" country, the nightlife in KL is some of the best ive seen, you have everything from 33rd level lounges to huge world renowed clubs (zouk). Social networking game is HUGE here (seems to be an asian thing) so go on facebook and check out some of the local bars/clubs to meet and greet. As for the chicas specifically....

Chinese - Social networking works best. As with the phillipines go to one of the gazillion malls (pavillion and mid valley are the best) to meet chinese girls during the daytime. They come off as shy but it doesn't take much to crack. Very big into the techno club scene.

Other asian - Easiest of the bunch, will find them in the malls also. Direct game works well as they dig the americans. Alot.

Malay - Tend to be fairly religous, however some have very very nice curvy bodies. There is a after hours club called "central" located at the central train station where they go and are easy as pie.

Australian/white girls - Go to chinatown at night (6-9ish) and they are everywhere (petaling street is where they hover). I think you guys know the book on them by now.

Persian women - Youll find some of these beauties in a place called zeta bar located in the hilton (awesome hotel) in KL. Fun girls who will treat you like royalty.

Im curious to how this list compares to that in the phillipines.

Light Skinned Asian, Dark Skinned Asians, Expat Hoes, and PERSIANS?

Holy shit, I gotta get my ass to Malaysia. I've read a lot about this country on http://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com in the context of retirement planning and tax incentives. However, I've never really gotten the point of view from red blooded dudes like myself who want to go and experience the "wimmins."

I must say I assumed it would have been a social wasteland due to its heavy Muslim population but it seems that I was mistaken.

Malaysia

I leave for UPI-Indo-Malaysia this Thursday.

I speak Tagalog and Ilocano pretty well. Someone is meeting me who speaks Indonesian almost fluently.

There's nothing worth it that I can seem to find about Malay.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I also speak Japanese and Spanish really well, but every now and then I get confused.

Do you think I'll be alright with what I already know? Should I not waste my time beyond a few catchy phrases?

Aloha!

Malaysia

Quote: (12-07-2009 08:38 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I leave for UPI-Indo-Malaysia this Thursday.

I speak Tagalog and Ilocano pretty well. Someone is meeting me who speaks Indonesian almost fluently.

There's nothing worth it that I can seem to find about Malay.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I also speak Japanese and Spanish really well, but every now and then I get confused.

Do you think I'll be alright with what I already know? Should I not waste my time beyond a few catchy phrases?

Aloha!

Malaysia is such a mixed bowl of ethnicity, EVERYONE speaks english. Spending over half a year there i learned about 10 phrases. Hell i learned more persian and cantonese then i did malay. If you want, just drop by a borders equivalent and grab a phrase guide. As for indonesia its not as popular a language but you won't have trouble getting by with english at all.

Malaysia

So it looks like Malaysia is going to be my next destination on this trip

Should be there within the next 7 days

Any recommendations for best things to do and places to hit in KL?

What are the best 2nd and 3rd tier cities in the country to go to swoop?

Malaysia

I've been to Malaysia 5 times.

It's not as easy to get laid here as the surrounding countries but everyone speaks English and the women are seriously high standard in terms of attractiveness. I didn't do any prep work online but managed to get my flag in about 4 days. The Chinese girls in the country are FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. Ethnic Malays are not permitted to drink and that causes problems. That said, they defo screw. My first night in Kuching, I ripped down our hostel receptionist's pants when she was in the middle cleaning the kitchen sink. We did some serious damage.. In fact, I have another Malay/Chinese girl in Ireland right now visiting me from Borneo [Image: wink.gif]

Bottom line: [Image: banana.gif]YOU NEED TO GO TO BORNEO![Image: banana.gif]

Borneo is also way better for drink prices and nightlife. Although a more work, you can also score in Eastern Malaysia; KL is the best place in this regard. I have a [Image: heart.gif]Kuala Lumpur City Report[Image: heart.gif] if anyone wants to check it out...

Lumiere: Best 2nd/3rd city for girls is Kuching & Miri in my opinion. If you are going to Miri, check out Mulu national park, it's remarkable and boasts a lot of impressive superlatives.

Malaysia

Quote: (08-01-2010 01:38 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

HMMM, never been to Borneo?

Can you get a ferry from KL?

Care to bust out a thread on Borneo?

Malaysia

Flights from KL with Air Asia are going for Peanuts!
Borneo thread eh?... I might even do you up a report for Kuching, I was there for about 2 weeks.. Let me see what I can rustle up during the week.

Malaysia

arrived in kl today

Malaysia

Is Borneo (Kuching / Sarawak) as beautiful as they say it is?

Malaysia

YES! I rate it my 2nd favourite place in the whole of South East Asia. (Philly 1st)

Malaysia

Quote: (08-01-2010 01:57 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2010 01:38 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

HMMM, never been to Borneo?

Can you get a ferry from KL?

Care to bust out a thread on Borneo?

As promised, here is my [Image: heart.gif] Kuching, Borneo Report [Image: heart.gif]

Malaysia

Thanks man. Aside from the chicks, how's the island as a whole in terms of beauty and nature and can you get fresh seafood (tuna, lobster, etc) for dirt cheap?