rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC Lounges ??

DC Lounges ??

Ok, so I went to university in the south but came up to DC for work. The city I was in was pretty small, and I got tired of the college bar situation quickly-(eventually the same people, same small minded-ness, same conversations, same situations, same ollll shit!) leaving me to REALLY want to seek out lounges where you could actually talk to someone (without having to shout over loud ass music. Don't get me wrong, I love clubs every now and then-but just as much like the more relaxed/chill vibe of lounges at times to contrast). Now that Im up in DC and been here for a few months (and yes I know what everyone says here about DC, but there are much worse places to be than here)-I was just wondering if anyone had particular points or ideas or views of the lounges here (compared to the clubs which everyone detests on here, or some might say the lounges/clubs are the same thing but whatever for right now)

I was particularly looking to get out and hit some of the lounges just to see what I was working with, how things were, as well as trying to find the bigger international crowds/spots in the area. It would also help with logistics to get at least one place on lockdown if possible/it was good enough. I was even looking to possibly apply for work at one, to meet a lot more djs and get some connections in the area-as well as being able to work my magic in case any hotties came in possibly. Two birds one stone??

Thoughts?

DC Lounges ??

Quote: (04-26-2012 04:49 PM)IpsaScientiaPotestasEst Wrote:  

Ok, so I went to university in the south but came up to DC for work. The city I was in was pretty small, and I got tired of the college bar situation quickly-(eventually the same people, same small minded-ness, same conversations, same situations, same ollll shit!) leaving me to REALLY want to seek out lounges where you could actually talk to someone (without having to shout over loud ass music. Don't get me wrong, I love clubs every now and then-but just as much like the more relaxed/chill vibe of lounges at times to contrast). Now that Im up in DC and been here for a few months (and yes I know what everyone says here about DC, but there are much worse places to be than here)-I was just wondering if anyone had particular points or ideas or views of the lounges here (compared to the clubs which everyone detests on here, or some might say the lounges/clubs are the same thing but whatever for right now)

I was particularly looking to get out and hit some of the lounges just to see what I was working with, how things were, as well as trying to find the bigger international crowds/spots in the area. It would also help with logistics to get at least one place on lockdown if possible/it was good enough. I was even looking to possibly apply for work at one, to meet a lot more djs and get some connections in the area-as well as being able to work my magic in case any hotties came in possibly. Two birds one stone??

Thoughts?

Well, only one place stands out to me especially if you are looking for international crowds and that is ESL (Eighteenth Street Lounge). Unfortunately the last few times I went there the ratio has been whack however that is to be expected of almost every place in DC nowaday's (minus a few college nights).

DC Lounges ??

Weekdays my go to is the corner of 14th and U st and check out Marvins (outside deck), Black Byrd (I prefer upstairs). Other favorite is Black Jack south on 14th st (near R).

Weekends are basically busted in DC...I look for house parties or do nothing. The exception is Sunday brunch with my neighborhood gays, during which I have approximatly a 70 percent SNL sucess rate. If you are comfortable with a little gay scene, I feel this is the real secret to sucess in DC as girls drop the bitch shields around gays and eventually get horny with enough drink and lack of sexual attention from straight dudes...prime for the swoop.

DC Lounges ??

Quote: (04-27-2012 06:22 AM)Falcon Wrote:  

Weekdays my go to is the corner of 14th and U st and check out Marvins (outside deck), Black Byrd (I prefer upstairs). Other favorite is Black Jack south on 14th st (near R).

Weekends are basically busted in DC...I look for house parties or do nothing. The exception is Sunday brunch with my neighborhood gays, during which I have approximatly a 70 percent SNL sucess rate. If you are comfortable with a little gay scene, I feel this is the real secret to sucess in DC as girls drop the bitch shields around gays and eventually get horny with enough drink and lack of sexual attention from straight dudes...prime for the swoop.

Haha what! Can you roughly explain how you bang a girl after brunch?! Hilarious

DC Lounges ??

[/quote]

Have you ever day partied brother?

Sunday's in DC are really day parties when the weather is good and you are in the right part of town...there is even a hotel pool party every weekend down in SW in the summer. Start with brunch, hit bars all day and into the night if you can last. I've brought a girl home sundays anwayere from 2pm to 11pm.

DC Lounges ??

Quote: (04-27-2012 11:10 PM)Falcon Wrote:  

Have you ever day partied brother?

Sunday's in DC are really day parties when the weather is good and you are in the right part of town...there is even a hotel pool party every weekend down in SW in the summer. Start with brunch, hit bars all day and into the night if you can last. I've brought a girl home sundays anwayere from 2pm to 11pm.
[/quote]

where is the hotel pool party in SW?

DC Lounges ??

Capital Skyline Hotel...last year the party was Saterdays and Sundays. I think the Theivery Corp guys were involved.

I went a few times, hit or miss for the quality of ladies. Not the best for pick up as there is allot of meat head type competition. However, nice place if you want to invite some international backpacker/tourist types you meet to a cool local event.