rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Würzburg, Germany Data Sheet

International Swagger gives a really good breakdown of the city for having only been there a couple of days, but having been here for 6 months I wanted to give an update and fill in some gaps/go into more detail.

The original post can be found here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1905-p...l#pid70797

It's obvious from Swagger's post that he was there in the summer and not the winter (I would recommend the former), as there are numerous festivals from April - September and not so much in the winter (except for the Weilnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) which runs during December and can be good for bundling up and haning out with the Germans and sipping Glühwein.

Also being a university town it is subject to the normal ebbs and flows of Students, however, it is not terrible (I did notice mid-February to about Easter monday everything being less crowded).

There is still some influence from the U.S. military base in Schweinfurt (30 minutes away), however, that base is scheduled to close by 2015, so both Schweinfurt and Würzburg will become even more Ami (slang for American) friendly thereafter. Still, rolling dolo, suited down you will have zero issues getting in anywhere in the city. English is well tolerated and widely spoken, but due to the diminishing American influence it is get less and less well spoken. Still, Germans are eager to practice their English so don't hesitate to speak English. Knowing a few stock phrases or idioms in German will impress.

Also, Würzburg is located in one of the two major wine producing areas of Germany. Wines can be on par to those from France and Italy and often much cheaper.

Bavaria, being the most conservative and religious of the German Budesstaats, no smoking in bars or clubs (exception for hookah bars) and on religious holidays it is forbidden to play music at establishments, so don't expect many people out ON holidays, they go out the night before.

Last note, despite being a part of present-day Bavaria, Würzburg and surrounding areas were once its own entity (Franken=Franks, not French), until after Napoleon was defeated and Franken (along with Swabia) were given to Bavaria. So there still is some Franken pride that is seperate from Bavarian.

Rooms: If you are looking for a place to stay check out these sites (not just for Würzburg, but all of Germany, except for the first) for furnished apartments. These are German sites so may need some German skills.

wuewowas.de
studentenwg.de
wg-gesucht.de

Day Game:

Main Ufer (Main River Boardwalk). This was mentioned by swagger and it is a good spot on weekends with nice weather to go and post up and watch the Mädchen (language tip: 'fraülein' is old fashioned an outdated, expect to get a few odd looks if you use it, instead mädchen is used to refer to girls and Mädels to refer to late teens to early-mid twenties) roll by. Best spots are north (left on Swagger's photo) of the Pedestrian bridge featured in the center of the image.

Pedestrian Bridge. Always has people on it, plus there are a few cafes on the main side of the bridge where you can post and chop or if you want to pick up tourists it is a good spot as they are always there snapping photos of the bridge and environs.

Sanderring street train stop A pretty random place, but it is the nearest street train (Straßenbahn) to several universities and a student domoritory so there is usually good traffic on weekdays from co-eds.

Marktplatz (Market Square). Several cafes, stores, with good foot traffic. Also along Dömstrasse, Augustinerstrasse, and Kuerschenhof (to Juliuspromenade) all have a lot of clothing and other type stores that are busy and good for trolling with your elderly openers.

Würzburg Hauptbahnhof (main train station). Always girls coming and going. Best to try to stop girls coming from the trains as opposed to going to. Less chance they are in a hurry (side note: don't get this confused with Wue Sued train stop, which is small and hardly anyone there).

Grinds: These spots are good to post up and sip coffee or tea. Most of them are also good for day game.

Cafe Mozart. My personal favorite, in the vicinity of the Mainfranken theater. Good day game spot.

Cafe Michael. Probably the most well-known coffee shop in Wue, and is usally full. Try to get upstairs overlooking the marketplatz for some good people watching. Older crowd, but still some day game opportunities.

Hami. If you are into younger chicks u18, this is your spot. Post here on weekdays before noon and there are always high-school aged girls stopping in to get coffee, crepes, or a smoothie.

Restaurants/After-dinner Cocktails: Definately doesn't have the upscale venues that the larger cities do, but that doesn't mean you wont be operating completely (as G would say) behind enemy lines.

Schloss Steinberg. Best hotel and restaurant in the city, complete with a view to kill. Two problems: (1) no hotel lobby bar and (2) pain in the ass to get there. Worth checking out.

Lammbock. Recently opened on Neubaustrasse. Good food and a great place for after-dinner cocktails with an upscale, professional crowd if there is such a thing in this city. Open Tuesday-Saturday.

Chase. Best steaks in the city and a small bar for cocktails. Better in the summer when the patio is open and allows more people.

Kham Sushi Bar. Located on the far bank of Main river, best sushi in the city. Not that great for cocktails due to its location.

L'Osteria. Good italian spot. Runs a club underneath on the weekends.

Markt7. Good after-dinner cocktail/lounge spot.

City Beach. South side of town (south of Löwenbruecke-lion's bridge). Definately recommend as Swagger does. Open late April to late Summer.

Night Game: Pretty good breakdown by Swagger, here are some updates and omissions. Weekend nightlife reloves around the "big 5." For weekdays, most venues vary greatly by night and certain spots are good on certain nights, so act accordingly. Cover charges range from 5-10 euros. Most of the clubs are open to 5am.

Plan B. Russian club located a couple Kilometers from the city center. Will need to cab it (~10 euro each way). Friday and Saturday only, but night in and night out has the flyest girls in Würzburg. Spit some Russian for style points.

Odeon. Solid spot with good ratios. Age ranges from 18-mid/late 20s. Wednesday is 2 for 1 and is popular with the younger crowd. Odd note about this places is that it is the only place where i've been charged three different prices for Vodka (grey goose) Sodas, on the same night, weird.

Studio. Another solid spot similar with good ratios and attractive girls. Tuesday night is University night and packed with girls.

Airport. Younger crowd. Much like Swagger said this is a heavy Soldier spot on Friday/Saturday, if you want to go, go on Wednesday when it is 2 for 1 and avoid the Soldiers. You will probably need to take a cab to get there.

Capital. About 15-20km from Wuerburg out at some truck/megaplex stop in the middle of fucking nowhere. Heavy Soldier spot, younger crowd. Avoid.

Das Boot/Zauberberg Entrance to one usually gets entrance to the other. Das Boot is better during the summer, as it is on a Boat, and you can be outside. Zauberberg has an huge "outdoor," covered smoking area during the winter time. During it summer it is open-aired.

Tanz Cafe Ludwig. Monday and Saturday night is lady's night. Monday nights have good ratios with a younger crowd.

Other mentions: KamiKatze, Escolera, and Triolli (i'd avoid Triolli as it attracts an 'alternative' crowd with few if not any fly girls).

Get Out:

Frankfurt 70-90 minutes to the West.

Nuremburg Population of 500k, a big nightlife destination, 70-90 mintues to the South East. Heard lots of good things, but never been.

Munich 2.5-3 hours to the South.

Berlin 4-5 hours to the North.

Wroclaw, Poland 6-7 hours to the East.

Prague, Czech Republic. 5-6 hours.

Schweinfurt 30 minutes to the North East. Avoid until 2015 when the U.S. Army presence will be gone. This place will be worth checking out after 2015, I have seen a lot of fly girls wandering around. Also a heavy art spot for those of you who are into that. If you find yourself stuck in Schweinfurt before 2015, there is one club that will not let Soldiers in. The club is called W3. You will probably need to be dressed up and have some German skills to avoid the U.S. stigma.

That's pretty much it. Hope this helps. Also, I will be in the area until late 2013. So if you need someone to show you the ropes drop me a PM.

Awesome datasheet. I grew up in Wurzburg back in the 80's. Went back earlier this year after getting stationed in Germany myself. The women were very attentive and friendly. Also you mentioned Nuremburg. If you don't like the US Military enviroment, I would avoid this city altogether as this is a major hotspot for all of the smaller Army bases around the area. Peace.

cool sheet, but did you actually get to bang some chicks? Is this a third tier city?

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (04-29-2012 05:23 AM)michelin Wrote:  

cool sheet, but did you actually get to bang some chicks? Is this a third tier city?

I'm not exactly sure what your definition of a Tier 3 city is, but it has a population of ~150k, so I would probably classify it as such.

Yes I have gotten bangs (currently seeing an 18 yrold uni student for the past month which has made me somewhat lazy of late), though I would say that my lifestyle (and game) definately has prevented from getting more.

I do need to make a few corrections/additions.

Plan B. Only open on Saturday night. No reason to get there before 12:30am.

Odeon. Avoid on the last friday of the month (= "I love the 80's" party)

Studio. As of right now it is the most consistant, however, you will need to get there earlier 1030-1100 (weekends) or be prepared to wait in line.

Heading down to Wurzburg tomorrow after work. Will update the thread accordingly.

Quote: (05-16-2013 02:06 PM)DomWasHere Wrote:  

Heading down to Wurzburg tomorrow after work. Will update the thread accordingly.

Where are you planning to go? I will probably be at studio or odeon (or both) at some point in the night. I think if you get there (studio) before 11 you get an early bird/vip wristband that will give you 4 euro drinks all night, but I get my nights mixed up so that might be Saturday or Tuesday.

Good post.

I grew up in Würzburg for half my life, so I basically consider it my hometown.

A few things to add. I usually used bars and lounges like Escalera to bring dates. I always had horrible results with nightgame, but pretty good results with daygame.

As far as clubs are concerned:
Not the biggest fan of the Airport. The club's hiphop section (Terminal 2) is notorious for drawing trashy Jersey shore type girls with shitty attitudes and wannabe gangsters.

Zauberberg and Boot are pretty decent to have a good time, and they're probably two of the most popular Joints in Würzburg. East of approaching can vary, but then again, I daygame was mostly my friend in Würzburg. I'd advise against going rolling solo though. You're best bet for nightgame seems to be social circle related.

Odeon can be nice on Wednesdays. Overall good quality of women and a good vice. Other than Wednesdays, though, you'll run into a really posh and kind of snobbish crowd. Same thing for Studio.

Tirilli is mostly popular with older students, but I found that the quality of girls was absolute shit.

I usually had the most luck trolling Domstraße and Schönbornstraße. The Hugendubel at the Straba stop there was usually a very good place to appraoch, and it was one of my favorites. You're right in mentioning Café Mozart as a good place to pickup, only I really only went there with my ex-GF. Probably wouldn't go back there to hit on girls again, lest I'd run into her or one of her friends.

Other than that, the University campus up at Hubland was also very helpful for daygame. Probably most of my approaches before coming to Japan were at the library or cafeteria there. If it's too far and you're not a student there, the university down at Sanderring (such as the Studentenhaus) is packed with students.

By far, the best time to visit is in the summer. during the winter, except during the Xmas market, the city is a boring shithole, especially when the whether becomes wet, rainy, grey and cold. For daygame in general, I'd recommend Nürnberg over Würzburg.

Quote: (05-17-2013 10:20 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Good post.

I grew up in Würzburg for half my life, so I basically consider it my hometown.

A few things to add. I usually used bars and lounges like Escalera to bring dates. I always had horrible results with nightgame, but pretty good results with daygame.

As far as clubs are concerned:
Not the biggest fan of the Airport. The club's hiphop section (Terminal 2) is notorious for drawing trashy Jersey shore type girls with shitty attitudes and wannabe gangsters.

Zauberberg and Boot are pretty decent to have a good time, and they're probably two of the most popular Joints in Würzburg. East of approaching can vary, but then again, I daygame was mostly my friend in Würzburg. I'd advise against going rolling solo though. You're best bet for nightgame seems to be social circle related.

Odeon can be nice on Wednesdays. Overall good quality of women and a good vice. Other than Wednesdays, though, you'll run into a really posh and kind of snobbish crowd. Same thing for Studio.

Tirilli is mostly popular with older students, but I found that the quality of girls was absolute shit.

I usually had the most luck trolling Domstraße and Schönbornstraße. The Hugendubel at the Straba stop there was usually a very good place to appraoch, and it was one of my favorites. You're right in mentioning Café Mozart as a good place to pickup, only I really only went there with my ex-GF. Probably wouldn't go back there to hit on girls again, lest I'd run into her or one of her friends.

Other than that, the University campus up at Hubland was also very helpful for daygame. Probably most of my approaches before coming to Japan were at the library or cafeteria there. If it's too far and you're not a student there, the university down at Sanderring (such as the Studentenhaus) is packed with students.

By far, the best time to visit is in the summer. during the winter, except during the Xmas market, the city is a boring shithole, especially when the whether becomes wet, rainy, grey and cold. For daygame in general, I'd recommend Nürnberg over Würzburg.

Nightlife is indeed very social circle reliant, but you can have success, mostly brutal though. If there ever was a city that proved the "it's a numbers game" theory, then this is it.

I do need to step up my day game as that's the best chance to catch girls by themselves, nigh-on-impossible at night.

Sargon, Were you gaming in English or German? I get the feeling that even though I speak good German, half of what I'm saying (mostly sarcasm though I think that is a larger issue with Germans) doesn't convey the proper meaning, so I'm thinking of switching to English or at least Denglish. Thoughts?

Quote: (05-17-2013 11:44 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Sargon, Were you gaming in English or German? I get the feeling that even though I speak good German, half of what I'm saying (mostly sarcasm though I think that is a larger issue with Germans) doesn't convey the proper meaning, so I'm thinking of switching to English or at least Denglish. Thoughts?

German, unless I was hitting on a foreign Student who didn't speak the language. I hit on the Chinese students a lot, so I'd speak Mandarin with them.

I'm surprised you say sarcasm doesn't work with you. You can normally use quite a bit of sarcasm with Germans, and they'll usually enjoy it. Maybe the jokes you're telling are too directly translated from English? Can you give an example?

I can't really give any advice on how girls will react to English. I never used it (except with some foreigners), so I have no idea how it comes across to women, but I think I would just experiment with it to find out what works best.

Quote:Quote:

Nightlife is indeed very social circle reliant, but you can have success, mostly brutal though. If there ever was a city that proved the "it's a numbers game" theory, then this is it.

Seriously, I would advise against nightgame in Wü, unless you're going out with a mixed social circle each time (even then, it's a numbers game). The nightlife is great if you're just going out to have a good time, but it's extremely impractical if you're rolling solo and your main goal is to meet girls. By the time you do land a girl in a club in that city, you'll have spent time, money and energy that could've gotten you laid multiple times from regular dates pulled from daygame.

Quote: (05-17-2013 12:40 PM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2013 11:44 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

German, unless I was hitting on a foreign Student who didn't speak the language. I hit on the Chinese students a lot, so I'd speak Mandarin with them.

I'm surprised you say sarcasm doesn't work with you. You can normally use quite a bit of sarcasm with Germans, and they'll usually enjoy it. Maybe the jokes you're telling are too directly translated from English? Can you give an example?

I can't really give any advice on how girls will react to English. I never used it (except with some foreigners), so I have no idea how it comes across to women, but I think I would just experiment with it to find out what works best.

I normally (try to) open with a translation of "you look like the person that's having the most fun here out of everyone" "Du siehst wie die Person drin aus, die der großte Spaß habt." but this may go back to trying to game at night by myself. It's usually less of an issue when I've gotten past the initial minute or two, but just getting to that feels like pulling teeth. I think plowing and keep talking until they walk away is a absolute necessary mindset to have.

Also, not sure if this is just a German thing as well, but there seems to be an inordinate amount of girls that go out and only drink cola/redbull/water.

I think I'm too stubborn to give up night game, but I definitely need to incorporate day game into my repertoire, which can be infrequent given my work schedule.

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:49 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

"Du siehst wie die Person drin aus, die der großte Spaß habt."

Better: "Du siehst aus wie diejenige, die von allen hier den größten Spaß hat."

Yeah...the Germans don't go much for that. I don't think it comes acrosss as quite as witty when you translate it. A girl would probably just react to it more like "Huh? What the fuck?" A better opener would just be to make some random comment about the surroundings. What you can also do is try to befriend the guys and get integrated into their group.

However, if you really want to continue with nightgame in Würzburg, the only efficient way is to go out is in a mixed group and opening girls who are friends of friends of friends. They'll be much warmer to you if they know you're a mutual acquaintance. Going out by yourself just to hit on girls will get you marked as the 'wierd' guy much faster than in a club elsewhere.

In Brauhaus, it's a bit easier to befriend a group and open the girls that way. You might also have it easier cause you're foreign, but I'm just guessing.

Also, not sure if this is just a German thing as well, but there seems to be an inordinate amount of girls that go out and only drink cola/redbull/water.

Hm...most girls I met in clubs just drank regular cocktails.

Quote: (05-17-2013 11:06 PM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:49 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

"Du siehst wie die Person drin aus, die der großte Spaß habt."

Better: "Du siehst aus wie diejenige, die von allen hier den größten Spaß hat."

Yeah...the Germans don't go much for that. I don't think it comes acrosss as quite as witty when you translate it. A girl would probably just react to it more like "Huh? What the fuck?" A better opener would just be to make some random comment about the surroundings. What you can also do is try to befriend the guys and get integrated into their group.

However, if you really want to continue with nightgame in Würzburg, the only efficient way is to go out is in a mixed group and opening girls who are friends of friends of friends. They'll be much warmer to you if they know you're a mutual acquaintance. Going out by yourself just to hit on girls will get you marked as the 'wierd' guy much faster than in a club elsewhere.

In Brauhaus, it's a bit easier to befriend a group and open the girls that way. You might also have it easier cause you're foreign, but I'm just guessing.

Hm...most girls I met in clubs just drank regular cocktails.

Good tips. Definitely going to need to re-adjust.