rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top 10 Countries Celebrating Female Obesity

Obesity has reached epidemic proportions worldwide: According to a 2011 World Health Organization study, 1 in 9 people are obese and the trend is ever-expanding. Despite a myriad of concomitant health concerns, excessive fatness continues to be embraced by many countries as a sign of health, wealth and happiness. The following list explores the top ten countries which celebrate heftiness, particularly in females, along with the historical and cultural influences which shape this love of large.

Read more: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-countries-...z1t6sMyrHv

Team Nachos

Now, we know there are people who are starving to death. Imagine if someone said, "it's good these people are being deprived of food." You'd immediately brand this person as evil and batshit crazy.

That's how I see fattie defenders, I decided today. The defense of obesity is hatred of men, nothing less. They are asking for men to be deprived of romantic, sexual satisfaction. It's like torching a silo full of grain in front of starving Rwandans. They want ugliness to prevail, dissatisfaction to reign.

The next time I hear someone defend fatties, I will respond with "You clearly hate men." They will be baffled and confused, and I will patiently explain. I don't anticipate convincing them, but at least they'll be furious with self-righteousness [Image: icon_evil.gif]

All of those countries on the list are in harsh environments where resources are scarce. It's not surprising that they would value heft.

In the United States (circa 1900), the ideal man was overweight. It showed that he had enough wealth that he didn't need to do physical labor. Same with women in the middle ages. Look at paintings from that time period. I'm sure most of us would agree that the women in those paintings are a bit chubby.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

In Jamaica it is frowned upon for women to big skinny, so alot of women simply fatten themselves up.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (04-25-2012 10:19 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

All of those countries on the list are in harsh environments where resources are scarce. It's not surprising that they would value heft.

In the United States (circa 1900), the ideal man was overweight. It showed that he had enough wealth that he didn't need to do physical labor. Same with women in the middle ages. Look at paintings from that time period. I'm sure most of us would agree that the women in those paintings are a bit chubby.

Nope. President Taft was fat, and people had no trouble teasing him about it. Maybe it was less demonized then, but it wasn't ideal either.

The obesity rate in Jamaica is nowhere near that high, and is in fact well under half that cited in the article. The listing is completely off base, as the actual peer-reviewed study I just linked will show.

Sorry to sound defensive, but I have to stand up for my country here, as several other Jamaicans did in the comments. They don't belong on this list at all-obesity is in no way promoted there the way it is, say, in black America.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

It's interesting the US didn't make the list. I guess obesity is more tolerated than celebrated here.

Team Nachos

Ya a lot of those countries listed are bizzaro lands. Many are backwards as hell or harsh failed states.

And tell me how you going to accurately gather stats in South Africa, Jamaica, or Afghanistan?

Quote: (04-26-2012 10:37 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Ya a lot of those countries listed are bizzaro lands. Many are backwards as hell or harsh failed states.

South Africa and Jamaica are not even close to the Afghan level of human development. They nearly double it, in fact.

Quote:Quote:

And tell me how you going to accurately gather stats in South Africa, Jamaica, or Afghanistan?

Seriously?

You gather a large sample of individuals and measure/test them just as you would anywhere else. Then you record and report the results.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I think Athlone is on the money, it doesn't seem to be any semblence to reality

The article sounds more like a way to inspire fat cows future destinations to eat, pray, love.

Quote: (04-25-2012 10:28 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

In Jamaica it is frowned upon for women to big skinny, so alot of women simply fatten themselves up.

Rudebwoy, is the fowl pill actually truth or a myth? I have heard from several independent sources that it is the case. My gut tells me it's truth.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards