rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

3G versus 4G
G versus 4G
Is there a big difference in connectivity and speed between the two?

I currently have a 3G Samsung Mesmerize that I use as a wireless hotspot a lot in my vehicle when I am out on jobsites and the connectivity leaves a lot to be desired at times. Even in populated areas like Chicagoland it's not that great. Really no better than rural Iowa.

What knowledge is out there on RVF?

btw-My carrier is US Cellular and they have been advertising 4G LTE a good bit of late. No idea what LTE is...

Danke
G versus 4G
edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined
G versus 4G
The only german I know is;

Danke
Sprechen ze Duetsch?
Fraulein
Sturmbahnfuhrer

Basically I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile to upgrade as my contract isn't up until November and the connectivity/reception/whatever on this 3G phone leaves a lot to be desired. Hangs a lot on page load.

btw-I'm using it to connect right now, sitting at the jobsite in my rig. I'm on it about all day to pass the time so it gets frustrating when it won't load. I don't even bother with youtube vids.
G versus 4G
What phone do you have?

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined
G versus 4G
Quote:Quote:

I currently have a 3G Samsung Mesmerize that I use as a wireless hotspot....
G versus 4G
edit

G versus 4G
LTe probably means nothing more than extra letters to the gimmick.

4g is fast..but its only gonna work if youre in a area with 4g coverage.
I have a 4g phone..but its useless cause where i live doesnt have 4g.

If you plan on using it as a hotspot with 4g. first you should find if your phone to output a signal strong enough.
aka. just cause you receive,doesnt mean you can give the same speed.

Im assuming if rural iowa doesnt have good 3g..its not gonna have 4g either

but
http://www.uscellular.com/maps

I am the cock carousel
G versus 4G
I have 2G in Industrial Shithole. I get 20 kb/sec max.
G versus 4G
Quote: (04-25-2012 11:34 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Is there a big difference in connectivity and speed between the two?

I currently have a 3G Samsung Mesmerize that I use as a wireless hotspot a lot in my vehicle when I am out on jobsites and the connectivity leaves a lot to be desired at times. Even in populated areas like Chicagoland it's not that great. Really no better than rural Iowa.

What knowledge is out there on RVF?

btw-My carrier is US Cellular and they have been advertising 4G LTE a good bit of late. No idea what LTE is...

Danke

The difference on US Cellular for 3G and 4G LTE is huge. For 3G you can expect max speeds of 2 Mbps ( using hotspot it will be lower) but using 4G LTE it will be 15-20 Mbps. Of course you will need to be in 4G LTE coverage area which will be spotty initially and yo0u will need a 4G LTE capable device to support that.
G versus 4G
Quote: (04-25-2012 02:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I have 2G in Industrial Shithole. I get 20 kb/sec max.

Doesn't matter, Bro. As long as you find a G-hotspot.....[Image: biggrin.gif]

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)
G versus 4G
Quote: (04-25-2012 02:34 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

LTe probably means nothing more than extra letters to the gimmick.

4g is fast..but its only gonna work if youre in a area with 4g coverage.
I have a 4g phone..but its useless cause where i live doesnt have 4g.

If you plan on using it as a hotspot with 4g. first you should find if your phone to output a signal strong enough.
aka. just cause you receive,doesnt mean you can give the same speed.

Im assuming if rural iowa doesnt have good 3g..its not gonna have 4g either

but
http://www.uscellular.com/maps

Seeing as I will likely be working around Davenport and/or Dubuque in the near future I like the coverage. Especially since they don't have it in Chicago yet....

My house is on the fringe of the 4G coverage too.... Nice...

Ideally I'd like to tether the phone. My current one will do it if I get it reflashed but I haven't gotten around to it. That might help a bit versus using the hotspot feature.

Quote:Quote:

The difference on US Cellular for 3G and 4G LTE is huge. For 3G you can expect max speeds of 2 Mbps ( using hotspot it will be lower) but using 4G LTE it will be 15-20 Mbps. Of course you will need to be in 4G LTE coverage area which will be spotty initially and yo0u will need a 4G LTE capable device to support that.

That's info I was looking for! Thanks Ninja.

Since my contract isn't up til November I'll have to buy a new phone, and as long as I get a lot better wireless speed it will be worth it.

Thing is, I don't think I'm getting anywhere near 2mbps right now even in Chicago. Of course the hotspot may be affecting that, versus tethering it.

Thanks for the info guys. Time to see how badly they will hose me for a new phone.