rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roissy, Roosh and other thoughts

Hey all,

First off this is a bit of a ramble and id like to think this post wont get moved because although this is my second post, ive been reading this blog for over a year, plus ive been around the block enough times that i certainly don't consider myself to be a "newbie"

But anyway.... there's so much game stuff on the internet that id imagine it could be a minefield for someone just starting out and i think like anything in life, you have to find material that flows nicely with your own opinions and forget the rest or there's a danger of second guessing yourself, your own beliefs....doubt in your own opinions can be a killer, the internet can be a bad thing in this regard.

Personally, the only game blogs/forums i bother to read nowadays is Roosh (obviously) and Heartiste (ok G Manifesto too) and heres why...

Roosh is living what he's talking/writing about and you have to respect that....he's not hiding behind some façade pretending to be an expert. Secondly, Roissy/Heartiste (in my opinion) has the sharpest writing style and his topics literally cut straight to the point, with fantastic humour unlike nothing else on the internet as far as game is concerned.

Tom Cruise (whatever you may think about him) is quoted as saying "I don't really keep counsel with others. I'm the kind of person who will think about something, and if I know it's right I'm not going to ask anybody. I don't go, "Boy, what do you think about this?" I've made every decision for myself - in my career, in my life."

I think this is a good way to live whether its about game or anything else. Be careful how much advice you read/seek, it can be damaging in the long run.

I hope this makes sense and id like to hear your opinions as it concerns game material/blogs whatever

PS - i read G Manifesto for pure fantasy, its far from my life, sounds more like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho....but its a good read

Quote: (04-24-2012 05:04 PM)Pacino Wrote:  

Tom Cruise (whatever you may think about him) is quoted as saying "I don't really keep counsel with others. I'm the kind of person who will think about something, and if I know it's right I'm not going to ask anybody. I don't go, "Boy, what do you think about this?" I've made every decision for myself - in my career, in my life."

I think this is a good way to live whether its about game or anything else. Be careful how much advice you read/seek, it can be damaging in the long run.

This is a misguided approach. It's great that it's worked out for Mr Cruise but in my experience the more I stress-test my decisions and assumptions with smart people (mentors, associates, friends, family) the better the outcome.

Most of the mistakes I've made have come when I've rushed into something without paying heed to people I respect.

This doesn't mean you should live according to what others say. Do things on your own terms; ultimately decisions and consequences are yours only. Don't be overly worried about what others will think.

By having others stress test your thinking you increase the odds of being right. Don't worry about their conclusions, think about the reasoning behind those conclusions and compare it with your own reasoning.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

True, i understand everything your saying, but too much info, especially when you dont have the life experience to use as a "yard stick" can be dangerous........its like trying to diagnose a health condition through google instead of a doctor.

Personally, a cliched as it sounds, i trust my instinct above all else, i use the few game sites i do for ideas/inspiration, after all, none of us are the finished article.....

Its just ive seen people asking questions like "is putting my hands in my pockets beta?"....."should i end a text with an exclamation mark or a question mark?"

This, to me, is over analysing caused by too much reading

I agree with the statement you're making to some extent. Writings are there for you to learn from, but once you get to the point when you can't do anything without first looking up how to do it or the best way to do it you have a problem. I've just realized this in myself. Since getting into the mindset about a year ago I've mostly just read stuff and applied it where I could instead of going out there, approaching like a mad man and tailoring the general concepts to myself. I was trying to be too much like those who wrote game blogs than someone who has learned a skill, practiced it and found the best way that works for themself.

for real, that's why i say limit yourself to 2 or 3 sources that you find rolls with how you feel as a person, because aint no one thing gonna work for everybody...

For a bullshit example, we've got this stupid show here in the UK (which ill admit, i like, just for the crack) called Take Me Out.....Now ive seen some guys on there who had (supposedly) everything going for them: slick talking, great job, physique, the whole nine yards, and all they did "wrong" was to say some shit like they like the colour red......and all these chicks turned off!!!!

You can read as much shit as you like but nothing can prepare for the hamster of death!! ha ha........

Yes, I agree with your analysis. Roissy/Hearty for the intelectual aspects of game/female nature and Roosh for the practical application and forum.

Not that I'm an expert, but Roissy seems like an exceptional writer in my opinion. He should write a book if he ever gets fired from his dayjob due to his non-PC blog. And I don't see anyone else around who is actually living the life and blogging about it quite like Roosh. As you said, apart from GManifesto. But I think a lot of his site is pure fantasy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a riot.

Roosh is probably the best there in terms of practicality. If you read Bang/Day Bang and follow the tips he gives you will score pussy.

Roissy/Heartiste used to be okay a few years ago, and his older posts on game were on point and can be very helpful. Nowadays it's mostly ramblings about immigration, feminism, multiculturalism the occasional anti-black/anti-Hispanic tirade. Reading some of Roissy older stuff is good, skip/ignore his political posts and get the lowdown on game.

But read Bang if you really want to get the practical advise that will actually help you in your sex life, he doesn't preach and confirms there's no secret, it's just hard work.

After I read Bang, I didn't really read any PUA blogs for over a year, just chased pussy. Then when I got my new job I had more time to sit around and browse the net, I started reading some blogs out there.

roosh is great for inner game and for general attitudes and approaches to pickup, dating, and women. for outer game he's useless.

Quote: (04-25-2012 12:11 PM)dickbutt Wrote:  

roosh is great for inner game and for general attitudes and approaches to pickup, dating, and women. for outer game he's useless.

And yet, he's written several, thorough "how to" books.

But you already know that.

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (04-25-2012 12:11 PM)dickbutt Wrote:  

Outergame.... okay bro

wtf is outergame even? these terms are so stupid

Quote: (04-25-2012 07:52 PM)theoogabear Wrote:  

wtf is outergame even? these terms are so stupid

Outergame as in appeareance, words, wingmans, etc etc.
But he's mistaken, although everyone's entitled to its own opinions, Roosh is good for a newbie in every aspect of game. But he's not a bible, no one is, so the best you can do IMO is to read only the basics, test them, then use your own methods, and through experience, combine what you read with what you know, ditching what isn't useful.

This works not only on game, it works in everything. Actually most of the "techniques" used in game are just as (if even more) useful in day-to-day situations.

All and all, everyone has opinions on "game", even the definitions.

I'll be honest, I never read any of Roosh's books since me and my boys have always used "game" (by our definitions). On top of that, I don't even get into the whole alpha/beta/omega thing that is posted on this board. Hell, I don't even know the real definitions of alpha/beta/omega. I do know this....

Sell a chick a dream and the panties just may fall, lol.

always considered Roosh to be a lay artist, to be honest
pickup artists get a big fat hard-on for the approval of women with the lay as a secondary objective
they love to excuse women's horrible behavior with evolutionary psychology, because nothing a woman has ever done could be bad
nothing Roosh has written, as far as I can tell, is like this at all
he does not appear to give a shit about the approval of women
and that's great by me

Quote: (04-25-2012 11:58 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Sell a chick a dream and the panties just may fall, lol.

This is gold.

I love Roissy's writing & I might be going offtopic here but a lot of the bloggers he links to, such as the Spearhead, identify themselves as Men's Right Activists. I don't think I could even walk up to a girl and say I blog for a MRA group ever! Something about it so inherently beta, the fact that men are somehow below women and we need to fight back stinks of betadom. I am certain Roosh has a view on this but any time I talk about the bologne women pull in terms of divorce rape and such to my LTRs, it's almost like I can never bring this topic up without sounding spiteful and butthurt when it's actually never the case. I don't know if you guys have experienced the same. So are MRA groups counter productive? Would an alpha like Don Draper even care calling women out on their BS?

Lets just simplify things. Roosh is the fighting Spartan on the battlefield, constantly on the quest for pussy. Roissy is the intellectual Athenian who likes to have discussions in a banquet with intellectual men, with willing women waiting on the side. Both ways are good and respectable. The Ancient Greek aristocratic man was a wise one.

Quote: (04-26-2012 10:15 AM)Swagger Wrote:  

I love Roissy's writing & I might be going offtopic here but a lot of the bloggers he links to, such as the Spearhead, identify themselves as Men's Right Activists. I don't think I could even walk up to a girl and say I blog for a MRA group ever! Something about it so inherently beta, the fact that men are somehow below women and we need to fight back stinks of betadom. I am certain Roosh has a view on this but any time I talk about the bologne women pull in terms of divorce rape and such to my LTRs, it's almost like I can never bring this topic up without sounding spiteful and butthurt when it's actually never the case. I don't know if you guys have experienced the same. So are MRA groups counter productive? Would an alpha like Don Draper even care calling women out on their BS?

so standing up for yourself is...beta? you have to be kidding me. this makes no sense.

Has the G manifesto ever been confirmed to be real? I read it and like it a lot, but theres never been a picture of "Michael Mason" and some of the stories seem a little far fetched. I hope it's real and I'm a fan, but sometimes I have doubts.

Quote: (04-26-2012 02:22 PM)theoogabear Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2012 10:15 AM)Swagger Wrote:  

so standing up for y. ourself is...beta? you have to be kidding me. this makes no sense.

Standing up for yourself isn't...but being angry..whiny or complaining about is..imo..check the undertone of any of the MRA writers..very similar to feminists..all I'm saying is we can do better

Busting up her phone or sinking it in the lake is controlling. Far from whiny or complaining like a bitch.

Quote: (04-26-2012 05:18 PM)Swagger Wrote:  

As the male demographics is compromised of 90% betas, it's natural that women are above in the totem pole, and fighting back, as men, is just the natural consequence of this.
Cause -> Consequence
The difference between being beta about fighting for your own place in life and being alpha about it, liest within the attitude of the person.
A beta man will resort to activities such as [Image: tard.gif], being jaded, etc. That has already been discussed.
Alpha men will do what they are doing right now, get the best of the situation, not being steady, but improving themselves (and therefore improving society).

You can't say that fighting back is beta. What is beta is letting this go on as they are just because accepting you are losing makes you feel like a loser, which you are not. That is your ego talking, pride will not take you a long way if it prevents you from acting.

Quote: (04-26-2012 05:32 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Busting up her phone or sinking it in the lake is controlling. Far from whiny or complaining like a bitch.

I can just imagine the smug look disappear from a bitches face as she watches her phone fly through the air.

Quote: (04-26-2012 10:44 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Lets just simplify things. Roosh is the fighting Spartan on the battlefield, constantly on the quest for pussy. Roissy is the intellectual Athenian who likes to have discussions in a banquet with intellectual men, with willing women waiting on the side. Both ways are good and respectable. The Ancient Greek aristocratic man was a wise one.

So you're saying both are getting bailed out by the Germans?

LOLGREEKS

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Quote: (04-25-2012 10:57 AM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Roosh is probably the best there in terms of practicality. If you read Bang/Day Bang and follow the tips he gives you will score pussy.

Roissy/Heartiste used to be okay a few years ago, and his older posts on game were on point and can be very helpful. Nowadays it's mostly ramblings about immigration, feminism, multiculturalism the occasional anti-black/anti-Hispanic tirade. Reading some of Roissy older stuff is good, skip/ignore his political posts and get the lowdown on game.

Indeed. The content of Heartiste/Roissy's writing has certainly degenerated from his formative years. I also agree with the practicality of Roosh's work, but the main thing, without a doubt, that separates Roosh from the others is his honesty and openness about his life/expoits.