rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombian woman incensed about the sexualization of Latin women

Feminist journalist is angry about the secret service scandal...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...mbia_.html

Just clueless....

Quote:Quote:

That this happened, I believe, is a result of, and will add to, the image of overly sexualized Latin American women. The reputation Colombia has for “its women” is notorious and stereotypically sexist. Lonely Planet, for example, says of the city of Cali, Colombia: “While the city itself isn’t breathtaking, Cali famously claims to produce the most beautiful women in Colombia.” (Produce. Like sugar cane or mangoes.) Actresses like Sofía Vergara embody the stereotype, and to be honest, it’s kind of accurate. As a Colombian woman myself, I directly or indirectly know a lot of women like that and certainly see that image presented regularly in the Colombian media.

What many fail to notice, however, is that this “hotness” comes from a sad place, from a deeply patriarchal Catholic society that cannot see women outside the virgin/whore dichotomy. When I go back to Colombia, it’s hard not to feel inadequate because I insist on ignoring my feminine duty to always have my nails done and have everything waxed. There’s a saying in Colombia that there are no ugly women, just poor women.

That second to last line is the kicker. [Image: lol.gif]

I looked up her photo and turns out she's not bad looking for an angry feminist. I'd hit it. Guess it's true that there's no ugly women from Colombia, even the feminists!

[Image: foto-jj.jpg?w=580]

Not a real feminist.

The whole point of this was to say 'I'm a beautiful woman too because I'm Colombian.'

All the rest was just dressing; poorly hidden brag.

Quote: (04-18-2012 11:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'd hit it. Guess it's true that there's no ugly women from Colombia, even the feminists!

[Image: foto-jj.jpg?w=580]

Lol how sad is it for Americans that we'd all be very happy to see her... and she freely admits she can't compete in Colombia.

My favorite line- which validates like 77,000 posts on this forum- "Actresses like Sofía Vergara embody the stereotype, and to be honest, it’s kind of accurate."

She's just complaining because she has to put in effort to stand out in her home country. She is gorgeous by my, and I'm sure many red blooded American male's, standards. I don't remember always looking your best all the time being a feminine duty. It's greatly appreciated, but for me feminine duties include housekeeping and child rearing. Looking good while doing it is just icing on the cake.

tl;dr: I have to work harder to stand out, women are oppressed.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

She needs feminism so she doesn't have to paint her nails or wax her legs.

Quote: (04-18-2012 11:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

When I go back to Colombia, it’s hard not to feel inadequate because I insist on ignoring my feminine duty to always have my nails done and have everything waxed.

That's all it is. In my study abroad program, the American girls COMPLAINED about the fact that the local girls dressed so well and looked so pretty, to the point where American girls couldn't just wear Uggs and sweats on the way to class.

Our slovenly women hate having to compete, because it means they have to 'woman up' or look inferior to the locals. And they can't *stand* either outcome, putting in effort to look sexy or getting trounced by the competition. So they'd rather stay somewhere where they're 'competitive' without having to make an effort.

+1 to what Kitsune said too - bitch is saying "Oh it's terrible how everyone talks about how sexy Columbian women are. Even though it's true. By the way, Did you know I'm Columbian?!" "I'm going to bitch like a feminist while declaring how hot I am! Win-Win!"

Quote: (04-18-2012 11:35 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

Not a real feminist.

The whole point of this was to say 'I'm a beautiful woman too because I'm Colombian.'

All the rest was just dressing; poorly hidden brag.

NAILED IT.

Interesting article

Quote: (04-18-2012 06:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

She needs feminism so she doesn't have to paint her nails or wax her legs.

It always amazes me when chicks like this think having poor hygiene and maintenance is a gender issue. Its like saying we need guyinism so we can fart a lot, let neck and back hair grow, and not clean our balls.