rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Future Language Goals - What are yours?

Currently I speak and write Spanish at a native level, and have a moderate level of Portuguese.
I am planning on moving back to Brazil soon to get my Portguese fluent and enjoy a long delayed semi permanent retirement.
After that though, I am not sure where I will go, the biggest things driving my decision include women, language, weather, geography conducive to a wide range of sports.
I have thought of Russian, French, German, Polish, and Italian.
I am ruling out Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc, because of the massive amount of time required to get to a useful level and my lack of interest in spending extended periods in those places. Maybe I am being limited in my thinking, but I just don't see myself wanting to hang out in China and game the locals, or in Japan either. In fact I hate China, and do not ever want to go back.
My pussy paradise is Brazil, and I am nearly certain that will be my home base for the future decades.
On the other hand I do want to sample some Lithuanian/Ukranian/Russian snatch since my look works very well with the eastern bloc, and expanding my horizons is a good thing.
Roosh do you have regrets about picking industrial shithole? Would it have been that hard to find a different place that wasn't so dank?

this is helpful for relative difficulty - http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com...difficulty

I speak decent Japanese at the moment. I want to get fluent.

I'm also learning Spanish right now. I think Spanish is probably the most useful language I could learn, since it's good for all over South & Central America. All the other languages I really can't see myself using in the rest of my life.

16 Countries in Under 2 Years and Counting - How I Fund My Travels: http://www.EarnOnTheRoad.com

I am currently working with a Russian tutor. My Russian vocabulary is immense, but my pronunciation and handwriting is lacking. I'd like to be able to confidently converse about more than just basic stuff with good pronunciation in a year's time. I have no real reason to learn Russian except for the fact that I find it interesting and it's off the beaten track as far as foreign languages are concerned.

I'd also like to refine my Spanish skills. I learned a lot from taking it in high school and college, and I've managed to nail a bunch of hispanic chicks using it, but my faculty in the language has diminished severely. I'd like to be able to speak confidently in Spanish as well in two years time. My vocabulary is slowly fading, so I'll probably need to get a Spanish tutor as well once my Russian becomes more fluent.

I think with mastery of English, Spanish, and Russian I'll be virtually unstoppable.

How long have you been learning Russian?

I'm learning ASL (American Sign Language) just in case you didn't know what it stood for. Anyways girls absolutely love this, I'm not sure why but they do. Its really really easy to learn and I'm only on my first class of this at a local community college. I bet I'll be fluent after my third course. Seriously consider trying this out its great.

Don't give them what they expect, and you'll get from them what you never expected.

Besides English and Spanish fluency, I've also learned French although not at fluent level.

Next I'm looking at Portuguese and Russian but I can't decide which one to do first. I shouldn't look beyond those two now but as my native tongue is a Scandinavian language I would like to learn another one of them. Also an Asian language would be really cool. Not to mention a really uncommon one like Quechua or something. Honestly if I have time I might never stop learning new languages as there are so many that interest me. I don't know what motivates me to travel the most: girls or languages.

Thanks for the link Keyser.

Quote: (04-11-2012 06:05 PM)Zee Wrote:  

I'm learning ASL (American Sign Language) just in case you didn't know what it stood for. Anyways girls absolutely love this, I'm not sure why but they do. Its really really easy to learn and I'm only on my first class of this at a local community college. I bet I'll be fluent after my third course. Seriously consider trying this out its great.

I've actually thought about learning sign language just because I often find that deaf girls are really cute.

I'm fluent in German and obviously English and have been intrigued about Brazil, so probably Portuguese next. However, Roosh's and Kamaki's dialog on FSU is starting to convince me that maybe learning Russian will pay off in more beautiful pussy. I find Slavic woman ridiculously hot.

First thing first though: become fluent in Game, inner, outer, etc.

Then I have to find a way to convince my company to give me a severance package.

My end game is to probably marry a Polish girl, so probably I'll have to learn Polish eventually unless she speaks German (which many do). If I don't find a Polish girl and I'm starting to get old, then it's off to Asia where I know I can bag a quality girl because they dig my look (blond, Dutch, 6', athletic).

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Quote: (04-11-2012 08:12 PM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

I'm fluent in German and obviously English and have been intrigued about Brazil, so probably Portuguese next. However, Roosh's and Kamaki's dialog on FSU is starting to convince me that maybe learning Russian will pay off in more beautiful pussy. I find Slavic woman ridiculously hot.

Then I have to find a way to convince my company to give me a severance package.

My end game is to probably marry a Polish girl, so probably I'll have to learn Polish eventually unless she speaks German (which many do). If I don't find a Polish girl and I'm starting to get old, then it's off to Asia where I know I can bag a quality girl because they dig my look (blond, Dutch, 6', athletic).

Are you Dutch ?, you're profile says you're from the states

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I have procured pimsleur's 1+2+3 of the following (in order of how I am choosing to tackle them):

French
Spanish
Japanese
German
Italian
Russian

I'm starting french first because i already had some knowledge after going through Michel Thomas's audio program, although that was a while back. Then Spanish, because Roosh~ And Japanese because i'm asian, and I have a buddy in Japan who i might go visit in a couple months.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Quote: (04-15-2012 05:31 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2012 08:12 PM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

Are you Dutch ?, you're profile says you're from the states

Actually, grandparents are from Zeeland in Holland, but no, I grew up in the States.

German was one of my majors in college and I studied abroad there for a year. About five years ago I had enough of working in finance in NYC and found a job over in Frankfurt. Worked there for 16 months, and then the company transferred me back to NYC to help open up an office there. I'm still working for the same company and correspond daily with Germany in German, so my fluency is still pretty good. We also bring over German expats, with whom I only interact in German.

Known Languages: English (native), German (good)
Upcoming Languages: Russian, Spanish, French

I'm going in this order: Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French and Japanese.

I'm looking at Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. Having read the thread about Japanese women being thinner than Americans, and how starved 30-something Japanese women are for good dick, I think I should add Japanese to that too!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Im currently learning Mandarin Chinese to become Trilingual. After that, I might opt for Italian or Portuguese, most likely Italian.

Can I ask why do you hate China and never want to go back?

I wanna be fluent in espanol

an then conversational in one of the slavic languages

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Want to get my ruski to the same level my english is at. Shouldn't be too hard, just need to get back there and actually use it with natives. Right now, i'm only using it to read and chat with my bro and one of the girls i'm seeing. German and Spanish are next on the list.

That's the пятилетка.

Balkan Power Individual™

How do those of you with full-time jobs (50+ hours) pick up another language? Rosetta Stone?

Russian here. Basic level. Know maybe 300 words, can understand very basic sentences and I know how to read at a very basic level in Russian. Learning how to read and spell things out in Russian is a very good and easy skill to have. Most of the common words in Russia actually sound very similar to their English equivalent so getting an understanding of the Russian alphabet goes a hell of a long way when you are in the metro, or a restaurant or any situation where you find yourself needing to read something.

Quote: (04-16-2012 01:27 AM)wsidemd Wrote:  

How do those of you with full-time jobs (50+ hours) pick up another language? Rosetta Stone?

apparently Rosetta stone works well from what i hear. everytime i do it i just cant help but to think theres more important words i need to be learning rather then cat, dog, run, walk,rice an milk in the first lesson.

I did find the pimsluer cd program to work well an teach important words.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

My language speaking goals(by age 25)- Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese and possibly Japanese.

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Quote: (04-16-2012 02:05 PM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T use Rosetta Stone, over hyped.
If you want to learn a language fast, you've gotta immerse yourself in that language which means you have to do as many things as you would do with your native language except in the language you want to learn i.e. listen to music, watch tv in the language, and most importantly SPEAK as much as you can

I disagree. I think Rosetta Stone, or another like Pimsleur, is a good starting point and a foundation for getting the most out of the other strategies you mention, all of which I employ myself.
To really get to the fluent level though, I recommend a long haired dictionary combined with a period of sharply limiting or abstaining from using English.

I want to be close to native fluent in spanish and portugese. I'm conversational in spanish now, but I have some work to do til I'm completely fluent, after that I'm moving to brazil to work on portugese. I don't want to learn more languages simply because languages are massive things. And to master more than a few, takes a lot of upkeep throughout your life.

Is it worth paying money for Rosetta Stone?

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.