rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bone Broth

Bone Broth

Bone broth is a good add on to your health and diet regime. It has many benefits and is filled with vitamins, trace minerals, collagen and glucosamine. It is pretty much the best glucosamine supplement you can buy and its about two dollars for a pound of bones. Its one of those old school things that our ancestors did but that we have lost touch with. If you want good skin you gotta eat skin and if you want strong bones you gotta eat bones. You wanna get organic chicken bones (murrays), wild caught fish bones, or grass fed beef knuckles and or feet or just any kind of healthy animal bones, I've even used chicken necks. This is basically how most five star restaraunts make soup and they also use it as there stock for several dishes. Here's how you make it.

2 lbs of bones
4 quarts of water
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (this actually makes the nutrients come out of the bones better)
1 head of garlic peeled and smashed
(You can also add whatever the fuck you want in the last two hours or so of the cooking process)

You bring this to a boil and than once its at a boil you reduce to low heat and let it simmer from anywhere from 12 to 24 hours. Good luck enjoy and feel free to share how you feel and look after consumption.

Bone Broth

get cow tail bones at any grocery store. just boil it till it tastes something other than water.

put some salt,pepper and fresh green onions. it is good to go with rice.

Bone Broth

I save all my bones in my freezer in separate bags (chicken, cow, goat, etc) and render out the bones whenever that freezer bag is getting full.

Stronger hair and nails, and plenty of micronutrition -- especially from pastured raised animals.

Bone Broth

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:56 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

get cow tail bones at any grocery store. just boil it till it tastes something other than water.

put some salt,pepper and fresh green onions. it is good to go with rice.

Ox tail is the shit! I had bison heart the other nite. Even ate a piece raw. Don't know if it was connected but I had the craziest dreams of all time when I went to sleep!

Bone Broth

Quote: (04-05-2012 10:08 PM)ABDada Wrote:  

I save all my bones in my freezer in separate bags (chicken, cow, goat, etc) and render out the bones whenever that freezer bag is getting full.

Stronger hair and nails, and plenty of micronutrition -- especially from pastured raised animals.

Yeah my nails grow really quick. Even one of my girls was like yo your eyelashes grew they are long as fuck. Lol don't know if that's cause of the broth but I've def never had long eye lashes before. Wtf

Bone Broth

I never HAD eyelashes until I started doing the broth. I still don't have the pretty boy lashes, but I've gotten some comments on them from women who've known me for years.

Also, when you actually use the bone broth for soup, you will never buy canned soup again, ever. EVER.

Bone Broth

EVER! I can't even order soup places because it tastes like fucking water with meat and Vegetables. Wow so the eye lash thing isn't a coincidence, holy shit!

Bone Broth

I made the mistake of making soup this winter for a gal who I had no interest in, and I seriously think bone broth activates some sexual desire trigger in women.

Rule of thumb: keep it for yourself, and possibly your mother if you don't hate her. The shit is magical.

99% of guys who read this won't bother to even try, but it's easy as can be to make it, it stores well, and it's truly pure magic.

Bone Broth

Abdada when you take them out of the freezer do you de thaw them or just put them in the water frozen?

Bone Broth

I'd say that 75% of my soups and meals I cook with bone broth are done in the crock pot / slow cooker, so I don't thaw them at all. I pop them in the cooker and leave for the day.

For the rest of them, I thaw in the fridge for 48 hours. Sucks having to wait, though, but worth it.

Bone Broth

Lol it def makes chics look better I youtubed bone broth and one of the videos is some hot ass chic with an australian accent making it. She's tan with a nice body but not to nice of a face and has a weird mouth when she talks though.

Bone Broth

I don't like crock pot because its electric. I feel like the electrical current goes through your food, lol, some health nut milf told me that shit one day and now I got a weird vibe about it.

Bone Broth

There's this ramen place in my city that does a MEAN tonkotsu ramen. Lots of meat and noodles but the broth... oh my god the broth is what keeps me coming. They get a ton of pork bones and just boil them in water for hours. Best ramen ever.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Bone Broth

Broth = crack

Bone Broth

Go to a korean restaurant that serves gom tang or suh lung tang. It might be tough to find out side of Atlanta, NY, LA, or any place without a large korean population, though.

Bone Broth

Oh, this is just normal soup - I usually dump a big beef bone or several chicken ones into the pressure cooker and add some vegetables (also lots of parsley). I thought this was going to be some crazy thing where people grind bones into tiny pieces and eat it like goulash...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Bone Broth

Nah, it's just that most people (particularly guys) don't tend to bother with making bone-based stock. I'm all for the pressure cooker method myself unless I'm going to be home all day working on projects and won't mind tending the pot. And I've had some beef-based stocks get really... hmm, "unpleasantly cow-tasting"; can't find a better way to describe it (I love beef, but this just wasn't pleasant).

Overall, though, good skill to have and good stuff to eat. Useful, nutritious, tasty, and thrifty all at once.

Bone Broth

Wow I would of never thought to do this but it makes so much sense. My mother would always eat chicken bones if she had a thigh or leg which makes sense since the marrow is where all the nutrients are.

I agree that you do need to source high quality bones for this. Mass market cows and chickens are fed crap and their bones are very weak. Farm fish are fed garbage also.

From a flavor stand point of you want it more complex most high-end restaurants roast the bones first for a bit before using them for broth. Roasting the garlic and onions for bit (skins on) helps, and also using stuff like leek or anise can punch up the flavor also.

Question is it affordable to do this? Would a organic butcher sell these bones quite cheap? I do know cow shanks are actively looked for so what bones could I get some deals on.. Chicken and fish?

I wish I would of been on this earlier. This is the best way for humans to take in Calcium. Western women would be wise to do this to fend off osteoporosis (which has risen lock step with western consumption of dairy which is a poor calcium choice due to bad absorption and leeching).

Anybody messed with dried Fish? We use this shit all the time to make soups back home.

Bone Broth

Where I come from, fish soups (either using whole smaller fish or small slices of filleted larger fish, or crustaceans) are very common. They're called "brudet", and are sometimes made with a bit of rice.

p.s. I eat soup from bones mostly for taste, what do you mean that it helps with calcium? Does calcium from the bones dissolve into the soup, or there is some in the marrow, or something else?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Bone Broth

I am preety sure it gets leeched from the bone marrow. The low heat will soften the spongy marrow and minerals will leech out into the broth. Good broth as it settles the different layers are easy to see i.e. Fat, water, and minerals.

Bone Broth

Quote:Quote:

Question is it affordable to do this? Would a organic butcher sell these bones quite cheap? I do know cow shanks are actively looked for so what bones could I get some deals on.. Chicken and fish?

All depends on your butcher. In England my local butcher would just give away chicken wings, which have a ton of collagen for a really thick chicken stock; they would also give away bones for dogs and such, so you could almost certainly get bones for stock free or cheap depending. Remember, most people don't do this, so the big markets are restaurants, and there just aren't enough consumers to deal with the massive amount of bones generated by our meat-packing industry.

Bone Broth

I thought this thread was going to be about a money shot.

Bone Broth

God, I have so much to say about this subject but so little time for the next few weeks. I will try to set aside an hour or so and type out my thoughts here in the near future.

Homemade broth/stock can truly make the difference between an good meal and an absolutely amazing one.

It's extremely simple to make and will keep almost indefinitely in the freezer.

Making stock is an invaluable skill to have, not only to improve the flavor of your meals but also in terms of waste and utilitarianism, meaning that you can save the bones from steaks and chicken or animal carcasses and make something amazing from them instead of just tossing it in the refuse bin.

Here's my freezer right now:

[Image: attachment.jpg5688]   

From L to R, front four: Beef Stock, Side four: Chicken Stock and the back four behind the Beef is the absolutely most amazing broth I have ever tasted (save perhaps Veal) David Chang's Momofuku Ramen Broth. It's made with Konbu (Japanese Seaweed), Shitake Mushrooms, Roasted Vegetables, Roasted Pork Bones, BACON!!, and Chicken Bones. Then flavored with Sake, More Roasted Chicken, Soy Sauce, and Mirin. SOOOOO much depth. I've brought friends a cup of Ramen broth when they were sick and literally watched them become well again in front of my eyes. No exaggeration.

I'll probably just do another thread when I get around to it because I have so much to say on this subject.

Here's a video of someone making Thomas Keller's chicken stock. Too easy:

Voila!

Bone broth is kind of a misnomer because broth typically means that the liquid is made with meat as well as bones. If it it made with only bones, which a lot of base cooking liquids are, it should be referred to as a stock. FYI.

Good thread!

Bone Broth

Farmagedon that's a nice stock of stock you got. You know its a good batch when it becomes jelly like gelatine...gelatin is real good for you. I made some more last nite with murrays chicken bones. I actually ate the meat and the bones when I drained the liquid. It was the most amazing chicken I've ever had, the meat was falling off the bone. Everything just melted in my mouth.

Bone Broth

Bone broth is the real thing. I made a big batch and have been drinking it daily this week, feel absolutely supercharged. Juicing and bone broth should both be part of everyone's regular intake.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.