rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is an ugly face a manly face?

I just did a google search for ugly man and handsome man and these pics stood out to me. I know looks are subjective and all that but Danny Trejo in the first pic looks more to me like he'd be considered "manly" or alpha than Tom Cruise in the second pic. Thoughts?

Ugly man
[Image: dannytrejo.jpg]

Handsome man
[Image: tom-cruise-image-7dfb9.jpg]

Team Nachos

There is baby face and manly face some women prefer the first some the latter.However a baby face does not mean necessarily lack of masculine features and the opposite(many gangsters had baby faces see Arkan).

I wouldn't say that the first man looks manly, he appears overwhelmingly brutal rather so any other associations can't reach my mind. But it's possible. We should have a pic of him when he was the same age as Tom Cruise.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Well my thought is that a manly looking guy(dressed nicely and in shape) will have less chance of rejection when approaching than
a guy with a "baby face". If all other things are equal.

Team Nachos

That first guy has bad skin. You need to look at men with masculine features as the definition of handsome, strong square jaw, male eyes (I can't explain this), exuding power.

Tom Cruise there was appealing to teeny boppers who don't even know what to eat unless you feed them. You are letting the media determine what is handsome for you.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:14 AM)Moma Wrote:  

That first guy has bad skin. You need to look at men with masculine features as the definition of handsome, strong square jaw, male eyes (I can't explain this), exuding power.

Tom Cruise there was appealing to teeny boppers who don't even know what to eat unless you feed them. You are letting the media determine what is handsome for you.

Well like I said I just did a google search. Post some pics of what you consider a manly face.

Team Nachos

The older Hollywood actors like Paul Newman,Jack Nikolson etc had mostly manly faces one of the reasons being they went through wars etc and generally lived under toucher conditions.Now most actors have baby faces and need some make up to appear more manly and dangerous(like Tom Kruz,Bradd Pitt,Matt Damon etc).Only Al Pacino has a bit of manly face but he belongs to an intermediate generation.Stalone has manly face as well but he does not cause fear while Schwarzenegger causes fear by his Germanic Austrian posture.(the way the German SS also made people shit their pants just by looking at them).

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:27 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

The older Hollywood actors like Paul Newman,Jack Nikolson etc had mostly manly faces one of the reasons being they went through wars etc and generally lived under toucher conditions.Now most actors have baby faces and need some make up to appear more manly and dangerous(like Tom Kruz,Bradd Pitt,Matt Damon etc).Only Al Pacino has a bit of manly face but he belongs to an intermediate generation.Stalone has manly face as well but he does not cause fear while Schwarzenegger causes fear by his Germanic Austrian posture.(the way the German SS also made people shit their pants just by looking at them).

I agree fully with the Greek man and I will look up some pictures to substantiate what I mean to Parlay.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:19 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:14 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Well like I said I just did a google search. Post some pics of what you consider a manly face.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-DmlCJGTXWnnulKUsw-6...0Ixz4ZGXWA]

You know I gotta throw some variety in there also..

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz1eUqPN0xG4ddlJ8wTsz...1AZBJtZpXw]

This French guy too...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7RyFTVCr6ngcA0gehxD1...A2XFfYcOAP]

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Johnny Depp? He's a pretty boy!! [Image: lol.gif]
The other two I'd agree have a manly look.

Team Nachos

Quote: (04-05-2012 09:44 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Johnny Depp? He's a pretty boy!! [Image: lol.gif]
The other two I'd agree have a manly look.

Johnny is pretty, I guess, but je pense his jawline takes him out of that effeminate range and into the rugged especially if he grows his shyt out (facial hair).

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

A lot of women would consider LL Cool J a good looking guy and he's got an alpha(manly) face.

[Image: close-up-ll-cool-j-1923226-445-359.jpg]

But you can have a beta face(pretty boy) like Jake Gylenhall and still have women swoon over you.

[Image: jakeg.jpg]

Honestly I think a guy like Danny Trejo would scare the shit out of a lot of chics, unless they are girls who happen to like that ex-con look.

I dunno, I mean Trejo is 67 years old, so that's not all just "rugged", the guy is OLD.

I think if a 40 year old Danny Trejo walked into a bar, he'd be doing pretty well with girls. Girls like that gangster look, IMO.

I'm blond, and I feel like blond guys can look more boy-ish if they aren't careful, so I keep a 2-3 day stubble growth going and do some other stuff to keep myself from looking like a 15 year old. In my experience it's definitely helped.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

I guess this guy at the center has what you could call a « classic » manly face from the 50's and the 60's.

[Image: 815134pierreschoendoerffer.jpg]

Quote: (04-05-2012 11:57 AM)Tresor Wrote:  

I guess this guy at the center has what you could call a « classic » manly face from the 50's and the 60's.

[Image: 815134pierreschoendoerffer.jpg]

Manly face and the body of a 10 year old (any gender).

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Not necessarily, I consider manly to be more a thick brow ridge and well-defined jaw than anything else:

[Image: abraham-lincoln-picture.jpg]

If you lived through the economic crisis of the '30s and two world wars there was no possibility not to develop a manly face(with wrinkles,scars etc).Nowadays ''touch guys'' would seem like butter children to these older individuals.There is also the issue of internal touchness.All these are quite obvious in old films where men look like men.

there's a correlation with facial traits resulting from high T levels (browridge, big nose, square jaw) and 'ugliness' according to modern standards. Most women are hard wired to react to these facial characteristics, and that's why 'ugly' guys aren't disadvantaged.

Since T levels were much higher 50 or more years ago, a lot of the classic handsome men of ye olde my Orthodox brother Kamaki (heheh) is talking about have these.

Balkan Power Individual™

From what I've been reading lately it looks like women being on the pill makes them favor "prettier" looking guys
over a uglier/manlier look.

Team Nachos

Quote: (04-05-2012 12:25 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

If you lived through the economic crisis of the '30s and two world wars there was no possibility not to develop a manly face(with wrinkles,scars etc).Nowadays ''touch guys'' would seem like butter children to these older individuals.There is also the issue of internal touchness.All these are quite obvious in old films where men look like men.

Clint Eastwood:

[Image: 220px-ClintEastwoodSept10TIFF.jpg]

[Image: Code_Red_Clint.jpg]

Quote: (04-05-2012 12:41 PM)calex Wrote:  

Since T levels were much higher 50 or more years ago

Eh? Link plz. Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

Quote: (04-05-2012 12:50 PM)Chapped3rdEye Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2012 12:41 PM)calex Wrote:  

Since T levels were much higher 50 or more years ago

Eh? Link plz. Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

I don't doubt it. Men had rougher hard labor type of jobs rather than the cubicle jockeys of today. Food was less processed ...etc.

Team Nachos

You can't judge a book by its cover.

Handsome guys can be spineless, beta pussies.

Ugly guys can be bad ass motherfuckers.

And, vice-versa.

You never know until you see him a "fight or flight" situation. Even better if he is tired and hungry and facing a major challenge, then you can really see what he is made out of.

A picture only goes skin deep.

Quote: (04-05-2012 12:45 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

From what I've been reading lately it looks like women being on the pill makes them favor "prettier" looking guys
over a uglier/manlier look.

Right. There's been documentation of this. When a woman is ovulating, she prefers more masculine "hard" features. The rest of the time, she prefers soft, boyish features.

Classic lover/provider dichotomy.

Quote: (04-05-2012 08:53 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Handsome man
http://www.moviespad.com/photos/tom-crui...-7dfb9.jpg

The problem with this picture is that it has Tom Cruise in some gay ass pose, while Danny Trejo has a fierce look on his face. I'd say this would be a better comparison of the two.

[Image: dannytrejo.jpg]

[Image: tom-cruise-celebrity-wallpapers+(1).jpg]