rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need info on Ohrid and Malta

Hi there,

1) From what ive read Malta seens like a real nice place for game/tourism. Ill be alone in malta for 5 days in late July. Any tips on accomodation (Paceville)? And about scuba diving?

2) Same thing. ill be by myself in Ohrid for 3 days. Is english widely spoken? Good place for partying?

Thanks!

Are you talking about Lake Ohrid Macedonia?

Well some Serb friends have been there to chill out, never though of it as a party place. But after a bit more research.......

http://www.ohrid.com/nightlife.html

There was a great tragedy there a couple of years ago, boat sank, many tourists perished [Image: sad.gif]

@ Deb Auchery: I had to cut Ukraine from my plans, but Ill be there someday (soon, I hope).

I rambled on in my original post, but I think Paceville is where you want to be. I stayed at the Corinthia and it was 5-10 min walk to the main action which I believe was the Paceville area.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only been there once very briefly and have less than limited knowledge of Malta but the St Julian's area seemed like a top place to be for a guy in his late teens to mid/late 20s. The St Julians area looked like a destination/crossroads for young people from all over Europe and UK. felt a bit old (but not too old) for the girls/women that were there. Malta in general seemed to have an easygoing vibe with little attitude. There was a main narrow alleyway type of street in St Julians (will try to find on map if I'm not lazy) that everybody goes through and it gets packed in the evening/night, as you walk along it there are clubs/lounges etc on each side. I hate clubs/lounges but they seemed to be filled with an easygoing nice crowd--I don't know how to dance at all, but it seemed like most others didn't know either but there was still a fun vibe.

Quote: (03-30-2012 04:23 PM)edubote Wrote:  

Hi there,

1) From what ive read Malta seens like a real nice place for game/tourism. Ill be alone in malta for 5 days in late July. Any tips on accomodation (Paceville)? And about scuba diving?

2) Same thing. ill be by myself in Ohrid for 3 days. Is english widely spoken? Good place for partying?

Thanks!
There is fine scuba diving center in Ohrid named Diving Center Amfora. Very cool for diving and located near a museum and an underwater archaeological site. Very good things to see and take photos of. Cheers.
Their website : http://www.amfora.com.mk