rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Monetizing Your Twitter Account

I am somewhat new to affiliate marketing and I was thinking of ways to monetize my twitter account. I have enjoyed other user's posts so I would I would try and contribute and share my thoughts.

I have a decent number of targeted followers, 10,000+ and growing with a Klout score around 49, so I think there is potential for my account.

I think the best way to monetize would be to tweet out affiliate links or create your own product. There are some paypertweet brokers out there (mylikes, sponsoredtweets) but they take a large percentage and you have to make a note at the end of your tweet such as: -spons, or #add.

By just tweeting out affiliate links it will appear more natural and not as much like an off-topic ad. I tweet about running so I was thinking of tweeting about the great deals BrooksRunning e-store has, and include my affiliate link. Simple enough.

I am also able to keep track of how many clicks I get through bitly. Highly recommended.

So far I have just tweeted for two amazon products. 219 total clicks and only 1 purchase. I would not recommend their program because amazon's affiliate cookie only last 24 hours. I tweeted about a pair of running shoes so it's just unlikely someone would buy them instantly.

My long term goals are to resurrect my blog, and ask my followers if they would like to contribute articles/stories. I would also like to move into other social networks and write my own e-book.

I can update this thread with my monetization progress if enough people are interested.

Im interested in learning how you managed to get 10k followers.

You should work for twitter because eventually somebody is going to have to figure out how to make money off twitter. The company does not even know how lol. I wonder eventually if they will re-form their interface and sell off #'s

But then if you think of it 10K is small fry for a AD campaign you can hit more heads doing something viral. I am not crazy tech savvy just a social observer mostly but its always something I think about - how can you cake off twitter.

Quote: (03-30-2012 08:35 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Im interested in learning how you managed to get 10k followers.

It took me about 4 months. I automate the process by using tweetadder. Basically it just follows a bunch of people and unfollows them if they don't follow back. When I first started I would follow a 1000 people per day and then one of my other accounts got banned so I stopped doing that. Now, I follow/unfollow about 450 per day.

I also get a lot of retweets and mentions which help get my name out. The more of these I get the less I will have to use tweetadder.

If you only have a personal twitter account then I would not recommend tweetadder because you will end up following a bunch of random people. Only use it for business.

I checked out your account. Its great. For an account with less than 250 tweets, you have over 10k followers.

I currently manage 2 accounts, a personal one, and another "business" account for my blog. I have 220 followers in the business one and 100 in the personal one.

I find that as long as I post regularly on the business account, and interact with people, I get followers. On the personal account most of my followers are people I know, so thats ok.

I might try your approach.

How much time you spend daily on this strategy? I use around 20 minutes daily on twitter, mostly checking out the timeline for replies and interesting things to retweet. Most of my tweets are programmed as to spread them through the day.

Of course I would like to minimize this time... perhaps as much as a few minutes a week. I dont make any money out of it, but I figure that if I put out a product (Im thinking an ebook) and get a 1% clicks to sales conversion rate, it might be worth the effort with at least 2.5k followers.

Quote: (03-31-2012 09:38 PM)germanico Wrote:  

How much time you spend daily on this strategy? I use around 20 minutes daily on twitter, mostly checking out the timeline for replies and interesting things to retweet. Most of my tweets are programmed as to spread them through the day.

Of course I would like to minimize this time... perhaps as much as a few minutes a week. I dont make any money out of it, but I figure that if I put out a product (Im thinking an ebook) and get a 1% clicks to sales conversion rate, it might be worth the effort with at least 2.5k followers.

I don't spend too much time on it, but maybe it just feels like that because I enjoy doing it.

Putting out an ebook would be a good idea. In order to minimize your time you could buy an automated program (tweetadder or tweetattacks) that can tweet for you, follow/unfollow people, and do a bunch of other things.

Back in 2009 when Twitter was hot I racked up over 100,000 followers. At one point was #34 in world for total followers and #1 non-famous person. Created a product about it and made a lot of money.

Having said that, Twitter is a joke and I haven't used it at all since then. Social media marketing is over-hyped. It only helps if you have a brand.

Quote: (04-01-2012 04:18 PM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Back in 2009 when Twitter was hot I racked up over 100,000 followers. At one point was #34 in world for total followers and #1 non-famous person. Created a product about it and made a lot of money.

Having said that, Twitter is a joke and I haven't used it at all since then. Social media marketing is over-hyped. It only helps if you have a brand.

I feel like there is a lot of potential for twitter because it's a growing brand and not going anywhere soon. You could have had even more followers by now if you kept it up.