rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

what do you guys think of pre workout supplements like jack3d and NO Explode? do you think it plays a big part of gaining muscles? are you for them or against them?

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

i certinally liked the extra energy/pump that i got when working out after taking jack3d.....

jack3d and some loud death metal music.... i felt ready to step in the ring with Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

ive tried them all man,but i only try to use them when im dieting for extra energy/pump etc.they definately do work though.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

They are almost like steroids. You simply cannot push yourself to the levels that you can when on pre workout supplements. Different people have different approaches to working out but mine is based on the principle that you will plateau unless you are pushing past what you did yesterday or last workout. Supplements help you do that. Ive never done steroids but I imagine that some elite supplements like Pre-surge unleashed are really pushing close to it. Jack3d is good too, as well as ephedra.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Beta alanine, citrulline malate, acetyl carnitine, and protein powder/leucine powder mixed in water and some juice. I remember one insane workout doing something like 40 sets of 1-3 rep deadlifts in 55 minutes on that stuff and still wanting and able to do more. The weight used was about 60% of 1 rep max.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

I swear by Jack3d

Haven't tried them all but Jack3d works for me and its cheap

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Picked up a ton of pre-workout supplements at the Arnold Classic in Columbus.

Neurocore - New pre-workout supp from Muscletech. It did exactly what it said it would do. I had tons of energy and reached new goals. Most importantly, it will keep you focused. I went from one set to another without feeling tired. Once I had my music going and got the rush from neurocore, there was nothing that could stop me. I was buzzing around the weight room like I just snorted 3 lines of coc. Decent tasting.

Mutant Rage - Not sure who the manufacturer is off the top of my head. Gives a good pre-workout boost but I felt that I did not provide the focus that neurocore provided.

All in all, I am a little skeptical about pre-workout supps. They obviously can't be that great for you when the label says "do not take more than one dose in a 24hr period, do not take for more than 8 weeks at a time, do not exceed the serving size."

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

The best I've found is NO Shotgun. Creatine, beta alanine, whey hydrolosate, arginine, and tyrosine and caffeine.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

I've used NoXplode, Jack3d, and Gaspardi SuperPump. They all energize work well, however, I discovered SuperPump is nicknamed SuperDump because of its anal explosion effects. I like how Jack3d is concentrated in a small container, but I've recently seen a warning on BodyBuilding.com that it is no longer shipped to APO or military bases, so possibly banned from military use??

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Do any of y'all know if there are potential long term effects/downsides to using this stuff? I've heard lots of positive results from people having better workouts, but I can't help but think that there has to be some trade off.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (03-30-2012 09:48 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

Do any of y'all know if there are potential long term effects/downsides to using this stuff? I've heard lots of positive results from people having better workouts, but I can't help but think that there has to be some trade off.

possible adrenal burnout/fatigue from stimulants.increased cortisol/possible heart problems but it is rare. Sure think about the amount of people that drink coffee everyday

i think one retarded kid died because his heart went into shock because he took 4 or 5x times the dosage of jack3d on his first go....and then the fda want it banned.where is the logic in that?

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (03-30-2012 12:10 PM)defguy Wrote:  

They are almost like steroids. You simply cannot push yourself to the levels that you can when on pre workout supplements. Different people have different approaches to working out but mine is based on the principle that you will plateau unless you are pushing past what you did yesterday or last workout. Supplements help you do that. Ive never done steroids but I imagine that some elite supplements like Pre-surge unleashed are really pushing close to it. Jack3d is good too, as well as ephedra.

almost like steroids? honestly dude the difference is like summer and winter because pre workouts are nothing like steroids.do some research.i hope you dont plan on taking steroids becuase you dont have a clue.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (03-31-2012 08:37 AM)alecks Wrote:  

Quote: (03-30-2012 12:10 PM)defguy Wrote:  

almost like steroids? honestly dude the difference is like summer and winter because pre workouts are nothing like steroids.do some research.i hope you dont plan on taking steroids becuase you dont have a clue.

Yeah, I LOL'ed at the "like steroids" line.

There are a lot of guys here who have no business posting in any training or nutrition thread.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Actually Jack3d is banned from use in the NCAA. IF something as simple as an onion can increase your testosterone levels by 300% then I have no doubt in my mind that several modern day pre-workout supplements are very comparable to steroids. Learn your steroids. Steroid is a generic term, not all of them trigger growth.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (03-31-2012 03:49 PM)defguy Wrote:  

Actually Jack3d is banned from use in the NCAA. IF something as simple as an onion can increase your testosterone levels by 300% then I have no doubt in my mind that several modern day pre-workout supplements are very comparable to steroids. Learn your steroids. Steroid is a generic term, not all of them trigger growth.

No one mentioned Cortaid or topical steroid creams.

Please....Just stop.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

I like to drink some coffee before workouts but I have heard lots of good things about Jack3d. I generally try to stay away from supps though.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

I'd really recommend checking out Assault by MusclePharm. It's definitely one of the best PWO supp's I've ever taken, and I've taken jack3d(which is good) 1.M.R. (really good), NO explode, superpump and white flood. It's a little pricey, but if you order it online (allstarhealth.com or supplementwarehouse.com) it's not that bad. Not to mention the taste of assault is unreal [Image: biggrin.gif]

It's overall a really good PWO, but i'd recommend picking up some capsules of 1,3 dimethylamylamine and adding it to assault. It's the ingredient in jack3d and 1.M.R. that gives the extra focus when lifting.

Other than that 1.M.R. is my second favorite and white flood is good also, I'd def recommend checking those out. Supplementreviews.com is a good site to compare products and checkout reviews of every kind of supplement on the market. Happy lifting.

Cheers!!

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (03-31-2012 03:49 PM)defguy Wrote:  

yeah i saw that study on onion juice and testosterone.probably bullshit because ive been eating onions all my life and i dont look like ronnie coleman.

pre workouts dont increase testosterone,they just make you focused and stimmed so you have more energy to lift heavier weights = more likely to get bigger. steroids are a completely different ball game.

no pre workouts are not like steroids AT ALL,so just quit while your ahead man sorry lol.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

My fave pre work out supp is having sex without cumming.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Jack3d is crucial. The only real issue I've heard with it is your lifts sans-jack3d drop off if you grow dependent on it.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (04-04-2012 03:02 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

I second that, tried it today definitely gave me a boost.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (04-04-2012 06:55 PM)_Samo_ Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2012 03:02 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

I second that, tried it today definitely gave me a boost.

Also cordyceps...they r mushrooms u can get them in capsules they give you crazy energy and stamina..and its clean fuel...no jitters like with the caffeine stuff.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

I think I need to lay off the Jack3d for awhile actually...def dependent on it. Been at 3 scoops for ever...now I hardly even feel it, workouts still decent but nothing near how they were. Might take a break then switch over to something else.

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

That's why I don't like jack3d or no explode...at first I was a beast but without it I felt weak in the gym...and I swere it affected my boners...like I didn't get them as often or sparitically. Cordyceps r the truth I feel real energy and its a clean fuel feeling if that makes sense...like no crash or jitters. And ginseng is another supp that has worked well for me..I rotate siberian and korean tea packets...and sex without cuming is really could for culitvating energy and testosterone, especially if the chic cums and you absorb her juices. Cold showers are the truth too. Do the cold shower challenge for a month only take cold showers, it raises your test and gives you a really good awake feeling...also makes your skin tight and has you look more ripped...real man shit though not for the weak hearted. After five minutes your body warms up as you go through thermogenisis. Goodluck!

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS?

Quote: (04-04-2012 09:10 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

That's why I don't like jack3d or no explode...at first I was a beast but without it I felt weak in the gym...
this!

gonna try the cold shower thing, but this isn't going to be easy for me!