rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Bum Guy just got signed

It looks like Andrew Lindy the Travel Bum Guy just got signed by the same management company that produces Boardwalk Empire and Entourage. At least this is what he posted on his facebook. He said a full season will be coming soon.
I hope it will help bring International Dating to the Mainstream.

JC

Quote: (03-24-2012 05:22 PM)Jordan Wrote:  

Why the fuck would you want that? All it will do is bring in even more sex tourists, which is bad for us. And also more legit people like us, which is also bad for us due to increased competition.

International dating will never go mainstream

I can't really blame him for taking something we all enjoy and monetizing it. I think now this market is pretty small and there will probably be a couple more of these guys. I don't think it will have much of an effect on how the average joe views this kind of lifestyle. I think most feminist-indoctrinated people are going to look at his show (i.e. episode on Cuba) and flip out, "exploiting third world women", etc. I don't see how it could work in the mainstream without dropping 95% of the sex/pick-up and basically turning into an Anthony Bourdain type show, though from what I've seen I'm not sure he has enough charisma for that.

Yeah, maybe they can get away with in on HBO or Showtime, for every Boardwalk Empire/Dexter they have 4 other shows that no one has heard of or cares about.

Quote: (03-24-2012 11:44 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2012 05:22 PM)Jordan Wrote:  

Why the fuck would you want that? All it will do is bring in even more sex tourists, which is bad for us. And also more legit people like us, which is also bad for us due to increased competition.

this

The worst that could happen is another influx of people to the game lifestyle, much like what happened when Strauss published his book. I don't see this being much of an issue as the mainstream gaming community is not a purely domestic society, a lot of those cats travel too. And just about every guy knows about the game community. I was sitting in the bar and heard the terms "target, neg, 2-set, DHV" throughout the course of the night. None of that shit is new to anyone now. Like Mystery's "The Pickup Artist" show, has it dramatically affected the game in terms of new competition? Short answer is no.

And the Travel Bum guy may lose his passion for traveling. He complained frequently about the quality of women in the states and their attitudes. He will now be entering a new lifestyle not as the struggling wannabe film maker, but as the host of legit HBO show getting paid. He is bound to see an increase in the attraction and quality(looks wise) he receives from females. He may begin to be more fond of American girls.

Props to him for his success

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Yeah congrats to him on his success, I enjoyed the videos of his that I watched. I'm not worried about it at all having any affect on my ability to date foreign women.

Every couple of months there is worry that there will be a flood of horny American guys in so and so location and we will all suffer. Like usual, it's overblown.

1. European guys are ahead of us by miles. They have already destroyed the good spots before we even know about them (Riga comes to mind). Anything that lets American guys know of the goodies abroad will hurt the European guys more than us. I hope my upcoming Bang Poland guy will give the Spanish guys there a run for their money, since they are pretty much uncontested in Poland right now. By not sharing information, you help the guys who are already enjoying it, and I can promise you it's probably not American guys.

2. The American economy is in the shitter and it will stay that way for a long time. Most guys are struggling to make ends meet, let alone think of doing anything beyond mild backpacking for a couple trips. They'll be lucky to get away for a week.

3. The world is too big. If he came out and did a show specifically one one city, like say Tallinn, then yeah maybe he can hurt that spot, but if this is an Anthony Bourdain type of deal where he goes to many locations, then I doubt it will have much of an effect.

I agree that Americans are largely irrelevant to what is happening there they have minimal influence.The main nationalities which cause damage are the Brits,Italians,Arabs and Turks each one for different reasons(Brits because of the image of the drunk hooligan foreigner they promote,Italians for the image of the cheap liar tourist who makes lots of noise,Arabs for the sneaky overspending with obscure intentions guy(supposedly dangerous) and Turks for the primitive very pushy foreigner image they create.All of them come in clusters and fall like grasshopers in any place with attractive women turning them averse to foreigners after a while.They have already destroyed several cities like Riga,Prague,Budapest,Ostrava,Bratislava which used to be the epitome of dreams for the European traveller.Now they have become shitty targets even Germany is better than them.
As for Poland it is hardly unknown.I have described Poland's convenience analytically in Greek forums since 2009 and have come to conclusions similar to rooshv's ones at first doubted but then more and more Greeks agreed with me.
Polish women are very well known in Europe since 2004 and the integration of Poland into EU after which 1.5 million Poles emigrated abroad.In every country they immigrated they have the fame of ''fast food girl'' they are considered the easiest.So a book describing their attitude will hardly be a suprise for European audience most British etc guys will give a laugh since they know what is going on.

The crisis has set everyone back imagine what kind of problems we Greek travellers face now.The past seems like golden times.

To put things in perspective as to whether his show will ruin things for us. I'm currently in Thailand, the number one sex tourist destination of the world. Am I having any problem getting laid? NO. Am I having any problem getting laid with girls who are NOT bar girls, pros, sex workers etc? NO. Am I getting laid with girls who have real (and often decent) jobs, well educated, speak English fluently and don't need my money? YES.

So even in places where there is rampant sex tourism and foreigners are basically considered a walking ATM or scum you can still do well if you have your shit together and present yourself well put the work in and so on, many memebers of the forum will gladly back me up on this. There seems to be a ton of us here at the moment and I'm definitely not the only one experiencing this.

For Americans, the world will still be an oyster for the foreseeable future. The few that do travel stay on the beaten path. I see it everywhere I go, and didn't cross one American the month I spent outside London. When discovering my nationality, faces would brighten in Thailand, panties dropped in the U.K., and respect is given in the ME. Occasionally you'll get a hater, or those who incessantly want to talk politics, but being a U.S. citizen still holds value. I'm glad only 20% of us hold a passport. It makes things easier on me.

As for the show, it won't make a significant impact. Like Roosh said, even if he blew out Tallinn, spend a couple months learning a little Russian and get 50 miles out of the city, and you'll be good.

The travel bum will have no impact what so ever on any of us. It wont reach nearly enough people to do shit. I was only responding to the guy who said he hopes "international dating" goes mainstream, which would be a fucking disaster. However, Travel Bum will not do that, it is far too niche.

I have a feeling the show won't be about international dating, but about international travelling without much focus on the dating scene.

Rio Nomad....

I respectfully disagree with you. A fucking disaster? I don't think it'll be that bad. Hopefully it'll piss off American women, and let a few afc's know that they have a world of options. Life is a competition! Don't be intimidated by a few more foreigners hunting on your turf.

Quote: (03-25-2012 07:56 PM)Jordan Wrote:  

Rio Nomad....

I respectfully disagree with you. A fucking disaster? I don't think it'll be that bad. Hopefully it'll piss off American women, and let a few afc's know that they have a world of options. Life is a competition! Don't be intimidated by a few more foreigners hunting on your turf.

This. I thought one of the main planks of our sphere is how American women are so disagreeable. If anything, letting American women know that there are better options out there will bring competition to the states and maybe do some good with the women population here.

But I really doubt that anything will happen though. This is very tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Rio Nomad....

I think we have different definitions on the word "mainstream". NFL is mainstream in the US, which to me means millions. If millions more of Americans, and other Westerners, started going to foreign countries to pick up girls I think it would be a disaster.

Mainstream wouldn't be "a few more foreigners" in my definition of the word. A few more foreigners for sure is no big deal, but millions more, with the majority probably being older sex tourists, would be a big deal IMO.

Look at the reports of capital cities in FSU/EE on this forum. Many people report is much harder to get quality girls due to so many old sex tourists and drunken stag parties bombarding their cities. And it isn't even close to mainstream. Imagine 10x more Westerners descending on those cities, and tier 2 and 3 cities.

Like I said, I think we just have different definitions on what mainstream is.

Quote:Quote:

If millions more of Americans, and other Westerners, started going to foreign countries to pick up girls I think it would be a disaster.

Isn't it every mans desire when he goes abroad to bang a local? Most of them wouldn't have a clue how to go about it though or like you say just resort to P4P which can cause problems for all of us. You're also in Thailand though Rio and I'm guessing you're not having problems with the women (I know you've been here before and banged a load) so if it's still possible here then it's possible almost anywhere IMO.

Quote: (03-26-2012 10:52 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

If millions more of Americans, and other Westerners, started going to foreign countries to pick up girls I think it would be a disaster.

Isn't it every mans desire when he goes abroad to bang a local? Most of them wouldn't have a clue how to go about it though or like you say just resort to P4P which can cause problems for all of us. You're also in Thailand though Rio and I'm guessing you're not having problems with the women (I know you've been here before and banged a load) so if it's still possible here then it's possible almost anywhere IMO.

It's a vast minority that actually dares take the plunge. For many people it remains a dream that they never act on. In any case, I can't imagine Travel Bum staying the same on the small screen the way it has on his website. Too frank, too much nudity.

Quote: (03-26-2012 10:57 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

It's a vast minority that actually dares take the plunge. For many people it remains a dream that they never act on. In any case, I can't imagine Travel Bum staying the same on the small screen the way it has on his website. Too frank, too much nudity.

I think it will be the same if shown on a channel like HBO. It would lose a lot of what it has going for it if watered down on a basic cable channel.

I watched his NYC show. Great for him. That stuff will never be detrimental to game.
But his stuff is very honest and watchable. fails and successes

So..Thats why his vimeo got shut down?

Im not saying he sold out..but everyone here seems to agree..his show won't be the same if they have to put it on TV.

Maybe it'll take on an Anthony Bourdain style.
I like his stuff

I am the cock carousel

I think he just posted another vid...or did I miss this before?
New York fails episode.
This guy hates NYC I think...maybe cause he just hits on fashion models.

http://www.travelbumshow.com/travelbum/v...k-up-tips/

Does anyone know what Camera he uses?

And how he keeps it stable when walking.?
Yea it shakes a little, but the video seems really smooth.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (03-26-2012 01:49 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Rio Nomad....

I think we have different definitions on the word "mainstream". NFL is mainstream in the US, which to me means millions. If millions more of Americans, and other Westerners, started going to foreign countries to pick up girls I think it would be a disaster.

Mainstream wouldn't be "a few more foreigners" in my definition of the word. A few more foreigners for sure is no big deal, but millions more, with the majority probably being older sex tourists, would be a big deal IMO.

Look at the reports of capital cities in FSU/EE on this forum. Many people report is much harder to get quality girls due to so many old sex tourists and drunken stag parties bombarding their cities. And it isn't even close to mainstream. Imagine 10x more Westerners descending on those cities, and tier 2 and 3 cities.

Like I said, I think we just have different definitions on what mainstream is.

I have to agree with you that places change quickly. I've seen places change greatly in one year. When more tourists come they aren't experienced and just blow tons of money on the girls then things get ruined for the rest of us normal guys.