rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

what's are some playful answers to "what nationality are you?"

hey i'm cambodian, but i have a bigger body frame than your typical asian. i'm 5'11 and 230 lbs, plus i'm tan so i look more samoan or hawaiian.

girls that i talk to will ask me what's my nationality is or if i'm hawaiian and i'll get them to guess. but it gets boring after a few guesses and they never get it right.

what are some other playful responds that i can use?.. or how can i upgrade on the guessing game and make it more interesting?

i guess i could offer them a prize if they get it right, like a kiss or something, if i'm getting enough IOIs.. but they never get it right, so it's kind of pointless. maybe if i offer a kiss if they get it right, i could just lie and just claim to be whatever they guess and then own up to my lie after the kiss.

i don't know, i'm pretty much just brainstorming and i would appreciate any input from you guys.

I always say, "Half black, half jew." I'm white. Probably still be funny if you said it.

haha.. awesome. i'ma try that out. thanks.

Quote: (03-23-2012 12:22 AM)Zampano Wrote:  

I always say, "Half black, half jew." I'm white. Probably still be funny if you said it.

Haha. I say "I'm actually black" and I'm totally white. "No you're not!!" "Are you saying I don't look gangster..." blah blah

Saying an obviously ridiculous answer pushes them to respond and boosts the energy of the conversation. When you're basically arguing with her, it's going well.

You could be like "you know those natives who help people climb Mt. Everest [Sherpas]? Yeah, I used to do that."

I usually give random/funny answers depending on the situation and the current political/social context and then build up on them. For example, this happened recently - "I'm from Uganda, Uncle Kony has sent me here to teach that Jason Russell dude a lesson.. he's gone insane since he heard about me" - worked like a charm, she went hysterical. If you can't relate it with the current scenario, then just say you're from Antartica/some crazy place or any obscure country people haven't heard of.

Game is a necessary evil

I usually make them guess and after a while I tell them I am black and my real name is Jamal.

If I wanted to be playful I would say sth along the lines:
Really my nationality is a complex issue.From the one branch I come from a noble Burgundian family whose ancestors fought in the crusades.They were called Amor De Hijack and they ate the fua gra.Of the other branch I come from a secondary family of waitresses and minor romantic poets.Their origin could be spot in Andalusia but they ended in Greece as proud shepherds.

Quote: (03-23-2012 12:22 AM)Zampano Wrote:  

"Half black, half jew."

haha, people used to call me that all the time when I had my afro. They're not used to seeing brown guys with really curly hair. Plus my school is in and named after a really Jewish area of my city so they just assume.

Whatever helps one land the punni. I always get asked that in my city so I tell them I'm British, if they push, I insist that my parents were born in Britain. I'm all about getting the snatch, after that, they can get my genealogy if they want..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

My actual nationalities always get a response like What? or Ohh shit. Greek, French and Scottish. I tell black lizards I'm half black to get the ball rolling sometimes. An Indian dude heard me use that and ballistic on me a few weeks ago.

I am Danish! ahahahahah... #not.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I basically tell them what they want to hear...

if shes latina and wants a latino, I'm mexican/french
if shes latina and wants a white guy, I'm french/german/spanish
if shes white and wants a latino, I'm spanish/mexican/french
if shes white and wants a white guy, I'm french/german/spanish
if shes black, i'm spanish/white
if shes asian, i'm white /spanish
if she asks me if i'm brazilian, i am (i lived there)
if she asks me if i'm part asian, I am (mexican indian ancestors)

I consider myself american.

Quote: (03-24-2012 12:05 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I basically tell them what they want to hear...

if shes latina and wants a latino, I'm mexican/french
if shes latina and wants a white guy, I'm french/german/spanish
if shes white and wants a latino, I'm spanish/mexican/french
if shes white and wants a white guy, I'm french/german/spanish
if shes black, i'm spanish/white
if shes asian, i'm white /spanish
if she asks me if i'm brazilian, i am (i lived there)
if she asks me if i'm part asian, I am (mexican indian ancestors)

I consider myself american.
What if she wants a black guy? I tell them I'm black but have two white grandparents.

Quote: (03-24-2012 10:28 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

My actual nationalities always get a response like What? or Ohh shit. Greek, French and Scottish. I tell black lizards I'm half black to get the ball rolling sometimes. An Indian dude heard me use that and ballistic on me a few weeks ago.

Why would an Indian guy go ballistic on you for saying you are half black?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Obvious answer for the OP is Hawaiian, but I would mix it up with some variety.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

some great answers here. i really like the antarctica one. i definitely could see myself using that one. i could tell them i live in an igloo and have a pet penguin.

I accidently rate this thread 2 stars. Is there any way to change it?

Think outside the box. Turn it into a game with something completely random.

Use the old Humphrey Bogart line from Casablanca: "I'm a drunkard".

Tease her. Make her guess. Change the subject. She doesn't care about the answer. She just wants you to be interesting.

a Kazakhstan...itsa niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I say "guess."

This reminds me of what pisses me off about the whole backpacker circuit and hostels. The interview questions and pissing contests.

"Where you from, where you been, how long traveling..."

I would just make up blatant lies, "Yeah I'm Swiss... just finished a research stint in Antarctica. Before that I lived with a cannibal tribe in Papua New Guinea researching for an extreme cook book." To the next person, "I'm from South Africa. Have been backpacking since I was 12. 83 countries so far - off to North Korea next. Hopefully more exciting than Myanmar was."

I often use Swiss and South African with woman as well. The Swiss, so nondescript - bit of melting pot of caucasian people and languages makes it quiet believable. Aussies occasionally get mistaken for South Africans (more vice-versa) just need to keep the accent under control. As an Australian lying and saying you are a New Zealander is like and American pretending to be a Mexican - just not the thing to do.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best

I told a girl once, i'm a homosapien, we're a cool bunch, we drink, we laugh, we fight, we love passionately and stay the fuck away from god and government.

Her reply: I wanna get to know these people.

Me *in my head*: WIN!

"I don't have a nationality, I'm a wandering traveler".

"My last country stripped me of mine and expelled me, so now I'm an international refugee"

I know a super ginger kid from south Africa. He always tells the bitches hes 100% African usually gets a good response.

I have a cambodian friend who always says "I'm black from the waist down".

I am legitimately half black so I use the line on occasion if I am drunk enough.

another joke I like is to say that I am half something, half something else, and half something else. then see how many girls figure out that ethnicities can't add up to 150%.