rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UK Summer Scene

UK Summer Scene

What is the best second-tier destination in the UK (excluding London) for summer? A lot of the cities I am looking at (Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Leeds) have big universities and I want to avoid going somewhere only to find the place is dead with the student population gone. Thanks for your help!

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-22-2012 03:40 AM)makher Wrote:  

What is the best second-tier destination in the UK (excluding London) for summer? A lot of the cities I am looking at (Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Leeds) have big universities and I want to avoid going somewhere only to find the place is dead with the student population gone. Thanks for your help!

First two are probably better than the last two. Look for places where there's a lot of city centre jobs rather than suburban offices, more likely to be lunchtime shoppers or post-work drinkers. Might not be your target market but they keep the bars open and active, which brings other people in.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

UK Summer Scene

I've consistently heard good things about Edinburgh over many other U.K regional cities. Also that it shits all over Glasgow.

UK Summer Scene

I am leaning toward Manchester over Newcastle because I've heard of this MTV reality show, "Geordie Shore," and am concerned about its effect on the collective psyche. If the women in a second-tier city are deluded into thinking that their second-tier city is, in fact, an internationally renowned metropolis, worthy of a show on MTV, what is the advantage in going to Newcastle instead of London? Of course this is all wild speculation, perhaps someone has some firsthand knowledge of the scene. Also interested in any intelligence on the ease and quality and weeknight scene in Edinburgh.

UK Summer Scene

I wouldn't want to be in any 2nd tier city in UK in summertime. London is great, or places like Brighton, Newquay, etc

UK Summer Scene

I'm trying to avoid the crush and financial premium of the Olympics.

UK Summer Scene

Liverpool, most friendly people best looking women. Manchester is a bit of a cunt factory but Newcastle is actually OK just people are a bit backwards. I also say that brighton is reputed to be Good but never spent any time there myself. If you can Ladies day at Aintree is easily the best day out anywhere for gaming women in England and possibly Europe. Tradtitional cultural English rules about interaction with strangers do not apply at horse racing events and aintree is full of drunk excitable birds. I have a trick that guarantees girls approach you at Aintree but some shit has to stay secret.

UK Summer Scene

As Deb said,get yourself down to Brighton. I live down here and there is plenty of action. Brighton has the moniker 'London by the sea' so you get the London crowd coming down on the train on the weekends to hit the beach,pubs,clubs. It is a student town but because it's a great place to be a lot of the student crowd stay on through the summer so it's far from dead. Down on the sea front to the right of the pier you have a row of pubs and clubs right on the beach ( literally a metre from the pebbles ) which sometimes stay open til 5 am so you can go clubbing then come out and hit the beach. It's a good scene. Weekends are absolutely packed though so be wary off that if you like a more chilled vibe. There are a lot of language schools here so you have loads of foreign chicks running about if that is your scene. Apart from the women it's a cool town with 'The Lanes' shopping area,a massive arty and gay scene and some good international cuisine restaurants ( try Pompoko a Japanese place that does really good cheap Japanese food and is a good place to meet girls as everyone is jammed together ).

I think you'll have a good time down there.

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-22-2012 07:13 AM)billy Wrote:  

Liverpool, most friendly people best looking women. Manchester is a bit of a cunt factory but Newcastle is actually OK just people are a bit backwards. I also say that brighton is reputed to be Good but never spent any time there myself. If you can Ladies day at Aintree is easily the best day out anywhere for gaming women in England and possibly Europe. Tradtitional cultural English rules about interaction with strangers do not apply at horse racing events and aintree is full of drunk excitable birds. I have a trick that guarantees girls approach you at Aintree but some shit has to stay secret.

Manchester: can you be more descriptive about the attitudes/behaviors one might encounter in Manchester? Anyone else chime in!

Liverpool: if you were going for the summer, what part of town would you take a flat in? Considering day game and night logistics? Best nightclubs? How lively is the city during the week? I want to be on the scene 24/7.

Brighton: Same question: is it lively through the week/weeknights during the summer months? What is the crowd like? Moneyed Londoners? What about bitch shields? What is the better summer destination, Liverpool or Brighton?

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-22-2012 07:13 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

As Deb said,get yourself down to Brighton. I live down here and there is plenty of action. Brighton has the moniker 'London by the sea' so you get the London crowd coming down on the train on the weekends to hit the beach,pubs,clubs. It is a student town but because it's a great place to be a lot of the student crowd stay on through the summer so it's far from dead. Down on the sea front to the right of the pier you have a row of pubs and clubs right on the beach ( literally a metre from the pebbles ) which sometimes stay open til 5 am so you can go clubbing then come out and hit the beach. It's a good scene. Weekends are absolutely packed though so be wary off that if you like a more chilled vibe. There are a lot of language schools here so you have loads of foreign chicks running about if that is your scene. Apart from the women it's a cool town with 'The Lanes' shopping area,a massive arty and gay scene and some good international cuisine restaurants ( try Pompoko a Japanese place that does really good cheap Japanese food and is a good place to meet girls as everyone is jammed together ).

I think you'll have a good time down there.

Is having a car a necessity in Brighton?

UK Summer Scene

I've had a good few nights out in Brighton, always staying with friends and we cabbed it around. Oceana is good, and there are some bars on the pier that have some cute girls in. Leeds is okay, little dead without students. Kingston isn't bad. Avoid Nottingham.

UK Summer Scene

Any reason you need to be in the UK over the summer?

If you can choose your city and work isnt a problem, how about europe? I'd say Stockholm in the summer = 100x better than any UK city. It's the promised land. Lovely historical setting, no violence, chavs or aggro (unlike UK which is full of it), loooong daylight hours - sunny days with crisp fresh air, and hordes of horny gorgeous blondes who are desperate for non-scandi guys who can approach/escalate. They also party hard in the summer months - you can find a packed club every night - because they get three months of daylight and it's so damn dark during winter.

I would live in Stockholm in a heartbeat over the summer if my finances were in order. That is the only issue with it, price. But you can minimise costs and do it with a not-ridiculous budget.

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-24-2012 06:06 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Any reason you need to be in the UK over the summer?

If you can choose your city and work isnt a problem, how about europe? I'd say Stockholm in the summer = 100x better than any UK city. It's the promised land. Lovely historical setting, no violence, chavs or aggro (unlike UK which is full of it), loooong daylight hours - sunny days with crisp fresh air, and hordes of horny gorgeous blondes who are desperate for non-scandi guys who can approach/escalate. They also party hard in the summer months - you can find a packed club every night - because they get three months of daylight and it's so damn dark during winter.

I would live in Stockholm in a heartbeat over the summer if my finances were in order. That is the only issue with it, price. But you can minimise costs and do it with a not-ridiculous budget.

No particular reason to be in the UK except an impression that the lays will come quite easily there. I am a black American and am suspicious of the hype Sweden has gotten on this board. I wonder whether it really is the promised land. I have a fixed amount of time and want the most bang for my buck. Sweden definitely interests me, as does Australia, thought the weather would be less than optimal in July-August.

UK Summer Scene

UK is pretty mediocre in my opinion (biased of course because I am British). There's nothing much special about it. You will get laid, but it's, well... meh.

Sweden is SICK, you will dominate it if you have any ability to approach and escalate. Girls are DYING for real men over there. And the girls are soooo much hotter than the UK... my first time in Cafe Opera, I was grinning from ear to ear at the number of girls who were 9s in hotness staring at me like wide eyed little girls. Take it from someone who's lived in Bristol, Nottingham and London and taken a 2-week trip to Sweden. They dont magically land on your dick thats true, but mate... well, just go. At least promise me if you choose the UK you will take a couple of trips to Europe and hit sweden at some point [Image: wink.gif]

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-24-2012 02:36 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

UK is pretty mediocre in my opinion (biased of course because I am British). There's nothing much special about it. You will get laid, but it's, well... meh.

Sweden is SICK, you will dominate it if you have any ability to approach and escalate. Girls are DYING for real men over there. And the girls are soooo much hotter than the UK... my first time in Cafe Opera, I was grinning from ear to ear at the number of girls who were 9s in hotness staring at me like wide eyed little girls. Take it from someone who's lived in Bristol, Nottingham and London and taken a 2-week trip to Sweden. They dont magically land on your dick thats true, but mate... well, just go. At least promise me if you choose the UK you will take a couple of trips to Europe and hit sweden at some point [Image: wink.gif]

May end up splitting my time between the UK and Sweden. Unsure as of yet. In the meantime, what can you tell me about the scene in Bristol? Mainly curious about the girls (attitude and openness to foreign men), logistics (car necessary? is public transport DLV), and liveliness of the nightlife throughout the week. Also quite interested in the same questions for Newcastle. And for Sweden, would you recommend Gothenburg or Stockholm?

UK Summer Scene

I'm curious about Sweden now. Are you some model looking guy or just different looking than Swedish guys? Break that cafe story down homie [Image: idea.gif]

UK Summer Scene

[Image: hype.gif]

What do you look like? Which venues did you go to? Do you clean up in the U.K as well or was Sweden a hotstreak for you?

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-24-2012 02:44 PM)makher Wrote:  

In the meantime, what can you tell me about the scene in Bristol? Mainly curious about the.......logistics (car necessary? is public transport DLV)

To set you straight: you don't need a car for any city in the world. How many of us in the travel thread do you think takes their car with them on holiday? Yet we are still getting laid. Brighton,Bristol,Kiev,industrial shit hole,it don't matter. Take the bus,tube,taxi or piggy back.

As for public transport being DLV: No,girls in clubs don't know how you got there they also don't give a shit how you got there. You're a tourist,nobody is expecting you to have brought your motor or even to hire one. If you feel it's a DLV then just tell them you have a Bugatti back home but really nobody gives a shit especially in bigger cities where many people don't bother owning cars.

UK Summer Scene

To the guys asking about Sweden:

I am good looking yes, and definitely look different from swedish guys - they look very distinctive (tall, blonde, distinct scandi faces), but are also sharply dressed, fashionable and good looking. Plenty of guys looked better than me, many were definitely dressed better. (oh btw Cafe Opera is a nightclub, they werent all gawking at me in a cafe, hehe).

I dont attribute any of my success there to my looks. I attribute it to the fact 1) I had a smile on my face and 2) was taking action and talking to girls and escalating and 3) they could hear my non-local accent when I talked.

You have to understand the culture and the "competition" you're up against to understand why they get so wet over a guy who is foreign, in an upbeat social mood (i.e. not depressed/introverted) and is actually approaching and escalating. Basically if you can do this you are a star because they are starved for it.

And no, I dont pimp it that much in the UK. I do OK there, but scandinavia was turbocharged for me for the reasons above.

UK Summer Scene

RichieP - so just go out there and go hard on the girls? Talk to them, smile, get shit started, etc. Been doing that since I was a young buck so that's no problem. I look completely different than what you described so it should be interesting. They'll either love me or hate me.

UK Summer Scene

yeah exactly, all the normal traits that we basically consider par for the course for pickup elsewhere mean u can dominate there. That was my experience at any rate.

To makher re: Bristol, it's got a great student scene. In the summer it might be quite quiet though. The locals can be a bit rough around the edges, and their accent is pretty odd (they all sound like farmers). But they are a cheerful and pretty friendly bunch. Being a black American will probably be a talking point, yeah, but not a golden ticket. There wont be much on during the week outside termtime. It's a nice enough city, but on balance I wouldnt recommend it really, not for an international trip. The only place I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say to a tourist "dude...you gotta come here" in the UK is London. It's really cool and summer is great too, because its full of tourists and international summer students from all over europe and beyond. But as you say, pricey and Olympics is going to be a crush.

Actually come to think of it, I'd also second Brighton or another city down south by the sea (Bournemouth maybe?). I've only been briefly to each but it makes more sense to goto one of these pleasant places that people flock to in the summer rather than somewhere thats gonna be quiet without the students.

As for Gothenburg or Stockholm, I only went to Stocky. A mate who lived in both said girls are friendlier and even more drawn to exotic foreigners in Gothenburg. I dunno if the city is as nice though, Stockholm really was "lovely" I found, with all the different islands, huge park and and old-town in the middle.

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-25-2012 03:04 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2012 02:44 PM)makher Wrote:  

In the meantime, what can you tell me about the scene in Bristol? Mainly curious about the.......logistics (car necessary? is public transport DLV)

To set you straight: you don't need a car for any city in the world. How many of us in the travel thread do you think takes their car with them on holiday? Yet we are still getting laid. Brighton,Bristol,Kiev,industrial shit hole,it don't matter. Take the bus,tube,taxi or piggy back.

As for public transport being DLV: No,girls in clubs don't know how you got there they also don't give a shit how you got there. You're a tourist,nobody is expecting you to have brought your motor or even to hire one. If you feel it's a DLV then just tell them you have a Bugatti back home but really nobody gives a shit especially in bigger cities where many people don't bother owning cars.

Being without a car will absolutely cripple you in many parts of the US -- even on vacation. So I make a point of asking as I don't doubt that there are other places in the world similarly dicked up.

UK Summer Scene

So what is the crowd like in Brighton? Exclusively affluent London pussy? Or a cross-section of British society to include sexy coeds? What are the best clubs/neighborhoods so I might set myself up for a short commute? And Bristol v. Newcastle day and night summer game, who wins?

UK Summer Scene

Quote: (03-25-2012 05:14 AM)makher Wrote:  

So what is the crowd like in Brighton? Exclusively affluent London pussy? Or a cross-section of British society to include sexy coeds? What are the best clubs/neighborhoods so I might set myself up for a short commute? And Bristol v. Newcastle day and night summer game, who wins?

Brighton has a mixed scene. Like Newcastle,Blackpool etc. it's a destination city as in people travel from all over to have a weekend down here therefore you get a varied scene. You can get groups of women on hens,arty types who study here,Camden caners,mods,foreign students etc...so no definitely not only affluent London pussy. I can't tell you the best clubs because I don't know what you're after. I mean we have big meat markets playing r&b/pop to little pubs playing Rockabilly to a small handful of people and a lot in between. Don't worry you will find a place to suit what you're into. Drop me a PM when you're down and if I'm in town I'll show you around.

I've not been out in Bristol or Newcastle so can't comment on those towns. What is it exactly you're looking for? Good clubs or day game etc.? Personally I would not choose to be in a big city like Manchester in summer if I had other choices. It's hot,crowded,dirty,you get sweaty....you'd have more fun heading down to Bournemouth and hitting the beach in the day and the clubs at night. PLENTY of women there in summer. Just my two cents.

UK Summer Scene

Nowhere beats Blackpool weekends late september - late october because of the famous Blackpol illuminations.
Other British resorts are virtually closed to tourists then, whereas the 2 months of sept & oct in Blackpool is packed to the rafters
The northern towns and cities young people religously go to Blackpool in this time period to get wasted in the hundreds of pubs & bars.

Blackpool is the working class party capital of the UK and has more visitors than any other European resort.

Blackpool also has more visitors & bars than anywhere in the UK, apart from the capital, London.
It had 11m visitors last year. (including 4m in the autumn).

Far cheaper accommodation than anywhere down south of England and more fun too.

If you dont believe any of the above - Google it and see for yourself!