rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When is the best time to call a person who gave you their business card?

Last week a guy gave me a business card told me to call him if I was interested in working for his company. I have been thinking about it since then and I want to do call him. Is there some kind of calling etiquette to follow such as calling in the morning,around lunch time, or the end of the day?

Also, his card had his cell phone number as well as his office extension number. Is calling his cell the best bet?

4-5 pm on a Friday in my experience. Office then cell. Call the same week you met the person whenever possible.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Depends when last week, early or late? If early you have to call today

Yeah I met him last Tuesday evening. Looks like today's the day.

Sticking to the 4-5 time period is still the best bet? Call his office and ask for a moment of his time. What's the most important thing to establish on this phone call? Would it be to inform him of my interest and then he would setup a time to discus things in more detail?

Anytime after lunch. People are cranky before they eat. 2-3pm.

Team Nachos

Mentioning how you spent the weekend clearing up any loose ends might work to your advantage. You can say something like I had to get in touch with my trainer, dog walker, etc to rearrange my schedule so I can fully focus on the position, blah blah. You know making it sound like your fully invested in the company and position.

Ok thanks amigos.

Yeah afternoon is best.

Come up with a strong qualifying reason why you're interested in the position. Show that you've given it some thought. Then ask him what the next steps are going to be. Assume the sale.

Good question for the interview: "What's the biggest bottleneck / problem you're facing these days?" - shows that you think in terms of what their problems are and how you might help solve them. Will give you good hints as to what you should focus on when pitching yourself.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat