rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you feel good physically? What do you do?

For people who usually feel good, have energy, don't feel/get sick often, have mental clarity and focus: what do you do? What's your lifestyle / health regimen like?

This past year I've been feeling like shit. I feel exhausted and border-line sick most of the time and I ran into my first batch of health problems (I'm 27). Back in June of last year I started to eat much more healthy and work out, which made me look much better but I feel worse than ever. My business, travel, and self improvement ambitions are suffering because I usually am just trying to get a minimum amount of shit done to get by.

Just wondering what people who do feel good are doing different.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong forum, meant to post in lifestyle.

I have an unusual take:

I shop at farmer's market - eat organic when I can

Use lots of supplements and vitamins - many I have posted on here

Drink lots of Green Tea

Smoke Tons of Cigarettes

Drink Heavy amounts of Booze - Top shelf vodka and soda or Vino

No drugs (I may or may not have used tons in the past)

Workout two hours per day

Swoop a lot of girls

That is my basic formula.

The result?

I don't know anyone who gets sick less than I do.

I adhere to a plan very similar to the G's, with the exact same results.

Physical
  • Hit the gym hard
  • Eat right
  • Don't drink or Smoke
  • Go to bed around 11pm
  • Stay active through out the day
  • LOTS of quality sleep
  • Sex
Mental
  • Read self help books
  • Learn how to micro manage
  • Make Goals and achieve them
  • Learn new things that help me achieve my goals
  • Learn new ways to become efficient at everything
  • Visualize the things I want
  • Live as if I have everything I want
  • Always be planning
Spiritual / Emotional
  • Surround myself with great people
  • Make friends with everyone
  • Treat others with kindness
  • Give others (proven) tips on success
  • Talk about your life and your plans with others
  • Enjoy women

A realistic plan that has worked for me in the past is to stay active and be around fun people. I enjoy sports (watching and participating). I drink a few but nothing to knock me out or make me act stupid. Eating too much junk makes me sluglish so tha I try to keep to that to a minimum. Oh yeah, stay away from accumulating credit cards and other type of debt...that shit stresses you out...enjoy the simple things of life so you don't get all caught up on the material shit like some people.

I usually walk everywhere that I go, I can drive but I'm not really a fan of doing it all the time. I'd rather take public transportation (bus/train).

I eat lots of fruits/vegetables.

I drink lots of water.

I usually make my own food at home.

I do lots of breathing/vocal exercises.

I can play a few instruments (i'm learning more).

I do lots of stretching (I grew up doing martial arts).

I believe i'm dope as fuck at what I do, and I strive to do better.

I hang around people who are a good support network, they're either long time friends or people with the similar interests who are really good at what they do.

there are a few other things as some posters mentioned (enjoying women) that are self explanatory. I'd say not depending on a car is one of the big ones.

A while back I quit eating meat. Chicken too.

All I eat is seafood now. I thought I'd get into the Vans Triple Crown A year ago, that why I started. I didn't stick to the exercise part, just the eating. My theory was if I wanted to be in the water like a fish, I had to eat them and cows don't swim.

I do the weight machine, hit a bag and swim every day. At least every other day I go run. My best trick though is running hills, that's part of my run. I've been doing that since I was a kid, and I think that is the exercise that makes me the toughest.

The downside to my fish only thing is that lately I've been drinking and getting high like a fish.

None the less, I feel freaking great.

Aloha!

Gym once a day
Run once a day
Study a job related subject 1 hour a day minimum (oil those brain cells and get promoted)
Read a book/Study personal subjects
Eat as balanced as meals as I can. Lots of veggies and meat.
Watch as little TV as possible, normally only sports I like or some comedy (TOSH.O and I still love my South Park)
Think ground breaking new ideas up
Pick one small thing to improve a month
Normally in bed by 9-10 and up by 5-6. Exceptions are made for when I go out of course.

I have taken a total of two sick days in the last 8 years. Only time I was real sick in that same time frame was christmas last year with the flu, lasted two days.
Eat right, get 7-8 hours of steady sleep a night. keep your brain working. Download some apps on your phone to help with that. I have one that asks a new SAT question every day, one I play games on in french to practice when Im bored, a mad-minute type math quizzer.

It will pass, we all have our slumps, just muscle through it.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Some other dude had this format and I like it.

Physical
Full body calisthenics five times (or better) weekly. No less than eight hours a week.
Drink your milk.
Sprint if possible
Smoke and drink.

Mental
Read books.
Math.

Spiritual
Atheism.

^i got a similar routine.

pushups, sit ups, stretching daily.
jogging daily.
weights 4-5 times a week.
eat balanced meals and take vitamins/fish oil.
cup of green tea every morning.
drink a fuck ton of water.

read 3 books a month.
study school work an hour a day.

smoke pot before bedtime.

haven't gotten sick in years.

-A lot of water daily ( 2 liters minimum)
-Green tea
-Vitamins
-Go to the gym at least three times a week
-Have dumbbells at home to do some extra exercise
-EAT ONLY FRESH: means a lot of vegetables, fruit, fish, some meat.
-NEVER MC DONALDS or junk food...i mean never
-I dont smoke
-I drink but i don´t abuse. A couple of beers with friends, just it.
-SEX
-Try to sleep 7-8 hours.This is very important if you go to the gym. Muscles need time to rest.
-Learn a foreign language: very useful if you travel and an excellent exercise for the brain.
HAVE A GOAL: have plans and acomplished them.
Try to fuck all the girls i couldn´t ( in the past) when i was 100% beta. It´s a wonderful sensation to bang a chick you always wanted.

velkrum, that looks like a strong plan you have

I was bad a while ago and for my luck I could get physicological help and I started to go to the gym and back to school and made me wonders.

I am finishing my studies, but I will start to study a new language and other projects besides job.

No matter what you do, occupy yourself. Get a hobbie. Get out for a walk, ride a bike daily, I don't know. Just don't lay down in a couch waiting to the world be perfect.

I can't afford a gym for now, but I am planning go back ASAP and I keep eating as healthy as I can be (tons of veggies, almost no drinking, sweets, use the stairs instead of elevators).

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Physical
-Lift weights 4 times a week
-Join some sort of sports club to keep you accountable for working out
-Replace alcohol with weed (both enjoyable but weed is less dangerous if you vape it or make it into brownies)
-stop drinking coffee each morning its a crutch people use/ if you don't use it when you actually need the boost, coffee works the way it is supposed to
- eat organic or move to a country where they have real food like France or Italy

Mental/Emotional
-stop giving a fuck about the small things that stuff just adds stress and for no good reason
-if possible move somewhere where society doesn't suck the life out of you as a paper pusher

So over the last few years I started training more, drinking less and stopped the powder, I am fitter but been ill more often. I have now cut out drinking almost completly but am starting to think that at least 1 all night session a week with vodka and sniff keeps the germs away.

Quote: (03-18-2012 01:24 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

I was bad a while ago and for my luck I could get physicological help and I started to go to the gym and back to school and made me wonders.

I am finishing my studies, but I will start to study a new language and other projects besides job.

No matter what you do, occupy yourself. Get a hobbie. Get out for a walk, ride a bike daily, I don't know. Just don't lay down in a couch waiting to the world be perfect.

I can't afford a gym for now, but I am planning go back ASAP and I keep eating as healthy as I can be (tons of veggies, almost no drinking, sweets, use the stairs instead of elevators).

This is my problem... specially now when im living overseas an not working... i can go the gym but when i have to find a whole days worth of things to do everyday its not easy... i end up sittin around on the computer most of them time an its not good for my well being... I tell myself im gonna read a few books i have, work on my pimsluer an rosetta stone espanol... but i dont.... something has to change

Not over doing it when drinking is huge to, i feel super down for a few days after getting super wasted...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (03-18-2012 11:12 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

This is my problem... specially now when im living overseas an not working... i can go the gym but when i have to find a whole days worth of things to do everyday its not easy... i end up sittin around on the computer most of them time an its not good for my well being... I tell myself im gonna read a few books i have, work on my pimsluer an rosetta stone espanol... but i dont.... something has to change

Not over doing it when drinking is huge to, i feel super down for a few days after getting super wasted...

Where are you? I heard that countries in Europe have lots of places to go by bike. Why don't you buy one and walk around for a while... You can see some hotties, loose weight and not drink as much as you are doing.

Also, if you like to read, join a book club. You may meet new people.
Apply for a public library, and make yourself go twice per week.

Therefore, my tips:

1. Buy a bike
2. Join a book club
3. Avoid that loads of alcohol (for your liver's sake)
4. Use some hours of your day to find a job, even if you are waiting for your new one call you: a part time (18 - 30 hours per week) or full time, I don't know your priorities. This wirll increase your social circle (very important abroad) and will give some money.
5. Learn how to cook. Food socializes. You can find a group of friends or a girl you want and cook for them. Also, to eat better, you may need more effort in the kitchen.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (03-18-2012 10:19 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

velkrum, that looks like a strong plan you have

thanks, it took a lot of suffering and sacrifice to develop that list into what it is right now. Hopefully there will be people that find it useful

Quote: (03-19-2012 09:49 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2012 11:12 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Where are you? I heard that countries in Europe have lots of places to go by bike. Why don't you buy one and walk around for a while... You can see some hotties, loose weight and not drink as much as you are doing.

Also, if you like to read, join a book club. You may meet new people.
Apply for a public library, and make yourself go twice per week.

Therefore, my tips:

1. Buy a bike
2. Join a book club
3. Avoid that loads of alcohol (for your liver's sake)
4. Use some hours of your day to find a job, even if you are waiting for your new one call you: a part time (18 - 30 hours per week) or full time, I don't know your priorities. This wirll increase your social circle (very important abroad) and will give some money.
5. Learn how to cook. Food socializes. You can find a group of friends or a girl you want and cook for them. Also, to eat better, you may need more effort in the kitchen.

Thanks for advice. Im currently in Davao,Philippines for a few months. Im not sure about having a bike here theres no sidewalks i risk my life every day walking across the street what less riding a bike haha. Traffic here is crazy theres no stop signs on red lights people just push thier way thru intersections. I dont think i can get a job here with my visitor visa plus i doubt i could really get a job here anyways. I pretty much walk to the malls an eat food an then walk around the malls everyday... go to the gym some... an spend to much time on the internets...

Im gonna give my liver a break, i have only been drinking one night a week really.. last firday an this saturday but both times i drank way to much... altho i had a good time, it takes a toll on me for a few days after...

Atleast i realize theres a problem an something needs to be done, im taking small steps an making small plans to get it together [Image: smile.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin