rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DATA: Cortina D'Ampezzo

City: Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy

Prices: Euros

City Overview: Small town in the Dolomite mountains (Italian Alps). It is now a UNESCO world heritage site for natural beauty. It does not disappoint.

Cortina is the main town in the area and where you would want to stay.

There is good bus connection (no train station in Cortina) from Venice and Treviso and an infrequent bus from Bologna. It takes 2 hours from Venice Marco Polo Airport.

Girls: Average is a 4 or 5. This is a hardcore ski town, and the locals are small and powerful and will not be the focus of much of attention. The tourists and the ski racers will be the best bet. The age is quite high here, this is THE place for wealthy Italians. There are some younger girls here, but likely they are with boyfriends or rich parents.

Sight seeing: The ski areas and the main square and walk in Cortina. Stunning.

Lodging: Hotels are quite expensive, so expect to pay around €200 a night for a decent hotel. There are some posh places right on the main village stroll but most of the lodges right outside the main shopping street are fine. They are mountain lodge type places for the most part.

Hotel Royal- Right on the Corso Italia and the main square. One of the oldest hotels in Cortina but also one of the best. About €200 a night.

Hotel Corona- This is where I stayed. A friend was able to comp me a room but it would have been €120 a night including breakfast. Dinner was another €20 but the food is excellent. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the action.

-

Day game spots: On the mountain. There is no reason to be anywhere but on the mountain during the day.

Nightlife spots: It’s a ski town, so the night begins at Apres Ski. Any of the huts near the gondolas will have people in it kicking back with their ski gear on sipping wine.

Apertivo starts next at around 19:00. Most people have showered by then so its time to dress nice.

Open Space: A cool spot on the Corso Italia. Its modern and has a good arrangement for meeting people. The Spritz (Aperol) seems to be the drink of choice for apertivo. Later at night its hit or miss. Can attract some cute tourist girls.

Tavernetta: Amazing food. Some of the best I had in Italy. About €50 a person including wine.

Dok Dall’Ava (L.P 26 to locals)- This is a place for proscutto and drinks. It was the busiest and best place went to all week. It’s a bit later of a place, for after dinner and has some music. This place is very Italian.

Mafia and Bar Sport are the clubby type places but the crowds look really young. I never went in (walked by a few times).
-
Ease of approaching: Its Italy so it can be very tough, or very easy.

Language barriers: Big. Most people do not want to speak much English.

Guy/girl ratios: 70% men, 30% women.

Gringo ratio: Very few

Prices and other stuff: €40 a day for lift tickets that access 12 areas. Meals are about €20-100.

Logistics: The town is easily walkable. There are buses that run to and from the different areas to ski. These are free if you have skis on. Taxis are about €5 to go for 5 minutes.
-

Overall pros and cons: One of the most beautiful areas in the world. To ski in between the rock cliffs and couloirs here is simply amazing. The setting sun paints the Dolomites for some of the best alpenglow in the world.
Cons: Not many young people.

Personal experience:
I was here to ski. A friend of mine has been guiding here for four winters and knows the place very well. He also knows a lot of people in town, and even still there was little to no chance of hooking up. The cutest girl was a trainer from Japan but she and her athlete were in bed every night before 11. The Italian ski team trains here and the girls on that team were very sexy but again, they were in their lodges and not on the town in the evenings.

Come here for the skiing and the beauty.

Great datasheet +1, i'm not a ski-er myself but i have to try it some day. This might be the place.

Thanks for using the my standard data sheet format. It makes things way more readable than just a very long story.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.