rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil's New Consumer Class Flocks to US to Buy

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/brazi...11HsZgqND0

Pretty old news.

Technology items and designed clothes are expensive. Them we go buy somewhere else.
This country is the most expensive Ipad in the world.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

What percentage of the population is making these trips?
My ex is middle class and she can travel outside of Brazil maybe 1 year out of 3/4 .

$5000 a trip spending is pretty large...hope they're not getting into CC Debt.....because the Boom will go Bust in the near future ...their CC interest rates are criminal! I thought mine were bad.

Midclass and higher.
they save the money during all year, and go. I might say around 20%

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (03-12-2012 12:00 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Pretty old news.

Technology items and designed clothes are expensive. Them we go buy somewhere else.

Most expensive in regards to what Brazillians are paid or most expensive as per dollar amount?

In England, the IPAD is even more expensive. I know a guy from Brighton who was over on work related business and bought it here (or the States) because it was significantly cheaper.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (03-14-2012 10:22 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2012 12:00 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Pretty old news.

Most expensive in regards to what Brazillians are paid or most expensive as per dollar amount?

In England, the IPAD is even more expensive. I know a guy from Brighton who was over on work related business and bought it here (or the States) because it was significantly cheaper.

IGadgets get insanely pricy over here due to heavy government taxation.

The government drains us of everything... [Image: undecided.gif]

In every article I'm reading about Brazils surging economy it's also mentioned how protectionism, graft and bureaucracy is undermining the progress made.

It's funny, b/c when the U.S. economy tanked, Europeans started coming over with empty suitcases and loading up. Some Americans were pissed, stating that we were being taken advantage of. lol. I'm all for anyone coming in and spending money.

Plus, new stuff like the IPad 2 usually comes out later in other countries than it does in the US. IMO it just boils down to bragging rights. Same reason idiots stand in line for 12 hours to get that new Iphone.

I see this every day down here in Miami. Go to Aventura mall and you'll hear more Portuguese than English. It's crazy. You see them in the airports and a 3 person family has 12 suite cases