rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

opinions on seattle?

opinions on seattle?

I am thinking about moving off the east coast, starting fresh, all that jank. Top candidate is Seattle, but a friend (who has no trouble pulling multiple girls a weekend) emphasizes that you might as well move to siberia for comparable ease of meeting women. I have not gotten that vibe but I wonder if it's because all my pacific nw trips have been no more than a week and weren't focused on girls per se. would appreciate your opinions on this (or even portland, or) if you've spent more substantial time there.

opinions on seattle?

I have been there once, so I am not an expert on Seattle like Kurt Cobain or anything.

I do remember there being a lot of girls there in whatever the party district is.

I also remember them being extremely easy to talk too.

Girls were decent also.

I think the only real knock against the place is the weather. I went during summer and got perfect weather.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

opinions on seattle?

I went to Seattle back around 2002 or 2003 I believe. I don't remember seeing a lot of hot girls. I think the girls up there are more of the coffee shop, bookworm type. Not necessarily a bad thing by any means, just depends on what your type is.

opinions on seattle?

I hear girls in Oregon are easy

opinions on seattle?

opinions on seattle?

I lived there for 10-15 years...women there are pretty sub par IMO. Pale, flabby, etc. You have to have a niche there to meet women. Just going out and gaming there doesn't work. All the women are hyper educated, literate, and feminist. So expect arguments and attitude.

Also, with the weather, you have to know about whatever is going on because no one ever fucking goes outside. The weather is only nice for a month or so and the rest of the time everyone is drinking coffee on their couch. If you don't have some sort of "in" like playing in a band, or in some club, or something, you are going to have a hard time meeting people.

Also, if you don't really have much of a thing for asians, I wouldnt go. It is like half asian and they are a whole different breed to deal with and hit on. It can be pretty difficult.

I havent lived there for a couple years and I dont miss the women at all, if that tells you anything.

opinions on seattle?

thanks for droppin some knowledge guys. mulholland you're echoing my buddy on this... i've always been involved in music so that's part of the allure but hey...

p.s. Rick's is a fine gentleman's establishment though...amazing talent

opinions on seattle?

Wow. I must have got best case scenario Seattle from the sound of it.

Then again, I was only there for a couple of days and the weather was perfect.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

opinions on seattle?

How can Seattle get no love? All the men are geeks and work at Boeing, Microsoft, etc. They have no game and sit in bars in large circles. It doesn't get any easier than Seattle. Girls ask "you're from the East Coast, aren't you", apparently because I'm more "aggressive" (read: not completely passive). I haven't done the Bellevue thing yet, but why? Check out Belltown for skanky girls (but stay away from bars trending too close to the ferries... people ferry in to drink and have to make a piss early ferry ride back home which makes logisitics impossible for a SNL). Amber and Twist are personal favorites (I love the yelp! reviews by "average" Seattlians bitching about how "pretentious" and "New York-like" (read: attractive people) the crowd trends, but don't be afraid to walk around 1st/2nd north of Pike and Pine... I've had good times there. Fremont is worth checking out... some bars clustered around the Ballroom... on weekend nights large crowds between the bars on the street. I haven't spend enough time in Fremont to add much more but there is energy there. I would stay away from the University District by 45th... immature crowds and difficult to game... but does trend international and if you can game 21 year old Asians, power to you.

opinions on seattle?

Portland, OR I would not live in, but when life gives you lemons... make lemonade. But if you stand out... doesn't matter what the girl-guy ratio is... basically don't have facial hair, days old stubble, and a wool sweater/hat like 9/10 dudes there looking much like the ubiquitous burnout homeless wandering downtown riding the free public transit. When in Rome, do the opposite of the Romans. Dante's on Sunday night is a MUST attend. It's a classy burlesque-like/talent show venue with a stage and room for a dance floor hosted by an MC and you would be amazed by the ratio leaning more to women (some with bi- and lesbian inclinations and enjoying very much the female entertainers). It's easy to lock down and well worth the cover (currently $8). You'll thank me later. I've also had success at Aura (more clubbish but some side bars - however the venue is smallish so pick your targets well). My experience in Portland is limited so open to more specific postings from others.

opinions on seattle?

I know Seattle well. Friendly people. Lots of young professionals. Many people in the Seattle area work at Boeing, Microsoft or some similar tech company. Winters are depressing but Summers make up for it. Environment is clean, green and mountainous. It's an international city with excellent food options. Overall, it's a great place live.

Looks-wise, women in Seattle are below average for America. Personality-wise, I've found girls there to be cool and down-to-earth. If you are into intelligent girls with good careers, I recommend Seattle.

Getting laid in Seattle is not so hard. If you have an interesting career, can carry a conversation, have some good traveler stories, you can connect with a girl and get a SNL. I've gotten a couple of SNLs there (or on the second date).

opinions on seattle?

Seattle is an ideal city to live. In fact, the entire northwestern part of the state is fabulous. But housing is expensive. The traffic is also quite heavy. It has some very nice restaurants like, Pike Place Chowder, Paseo Caribbean, Bakery Nouveau, Crumpet Shop and many more.

opinions on seattle?

Sounds like I've chosen wisely. It's just getting the cash to move. And schooling, which may have to come before moving.

opinions on seattle?

i live about 3 hrs from seattle. have been there many times. there is a ton of stuff for outdoors types people in the whole state.

i probably wouldnt recommend randomly moving there. if youve been there chances are youve had the seattle experience.

chicks: the entire state feels like 60:40 guys to girls

if you want a big, tech based, poor weather, bad traffic, bad sports teams, lots of asians, port city then come on over

politics: state is split: democrat west side, republican east side

for a stereotype of most seattlans--youtube search pemco commercial

my experiences: found $20 on ground, choked by angry blackman for touching his crab fishing pot when i was 15, Qwest field pre-game kicks ass, picked up girl in airport on flight out

Alpha on accident

opinions on seattle?

Seattle is not good for pussy, generally.

You need solid game to get laid there, or some sort of "niche" (social position, connections, money, fame, etc.). The op's friend was right. Seattle is hard as a bitch to score.

Nightlife is not just a sausage fest, it's just pathetic much of the time. Those pictures Roosh posted of DC bars with way more dudes than girls...it's basically that most of the time, or it's deserted. I've been to all the "good" nightlife spots multiple times. A few places in Ballard and Fremont are okay.

The only hope for a normal dude is day game. Around UW and the rich towns of eastside are where the vast majority of cute girls are (mostly daughters of the trophy wives around where Bill Gates lives). Otherwise, the quality plummets. The northwest is a big sea of fatties, just waiting for you to get lost in their rolls. Ughh.

Being black is a definite bonus in Seattle for sure. Advantage definitely goes to the black team in this town.

To sum up: don't come to seattle for the purpose of ass. A very poor decision indeed.

opinions on seattle?

my colleague is from there and theres a reason i say female engineers look like dudes.

opinions on seattle?

Do not go to Seattle for the women. Go there for the jobs, outdoors, and lifestyle. Its a creative city and there are lots of very cool people there doing interesting things. But there is a reason why so many people from Seattle and Bellingham come to Vancouver on the weekends. Way hotter women.

Although Bellingham is pretty decent for women and in times past I would head down there on my bike for a night and hit the bars downtown. In a previous post I mentioned that mid sized college towns in the NW US have been good to me in the past.

Also as someone mentioned, the traffic in Seattle is insane (by Canadian standards).

opinions on seattle?

Quote: (05-08-2012 08:20 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

my colleague is from there and theres a reason i say female engineers look like dudes.

Your friend needs to raise his standards as he's not a bad looking dude.

opinions on seattle?

Quote: (05-08-2012 05:38 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2012 08:20 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

Your friend needs to raise his standards as he's not a bad looking dude.

His haircut is terrible. He could start there.

opinions on seattle?

that guy is a huge beta too. fyi the girl is my colleague, but she is definitely the man in that relationship. and she looks like one too.

opinions on seattle?

Quote: (05-09-2012 08:49 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

that guy is a huge beta too. fyi the girl is my colleague, but she is definitely the man in that relationship. and she looks like one too.

I'd hit that if she lost a good 10-15 lbs of fat, the betaness in the guy is very evident. he looks ok now but as he ages he's going to look like a slob.