rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Muller System for fitness for the traveling player

I recently came across this exercise system from the beginning of the twentieth century. It suggests a ~20 minute workout every morning that can be completed with no equipment. It could be a great way to stay in shape when on the road and away from gyms.

What do you guys think?

Here's an article: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/fitne...enics.html

And here are the actual manuals: http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/...muller.htm

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Both from what I've read/studied and personal experience, I think pretty much any decent workout routine done consistently over a long period of time will be reasonably successful. You can certainly argue details and there are people that know a lot more about it than me, but if the routine is decent and you stay committed you're bound to get results.

I like the one from Mark's Daily Apple.
2 rounds of
50 pushups
16 pullups (8 front grip/8 reverse)
50 squats
15 Wall Push-ups
90 seconds plank

everything only requires BW and if you can't find a pull-up bar, that can be omitted.

I second Mark Sisson's from MDA, and the one detailed by Paul Wade in his book "Convict Conditioning" is along the same lines.

I've sworn off gyms and stay pretty lean, cut, and--more importantly--strong with a combination of these two types of systems. I don't particularly see incredible mass gains, but, then again, I stopped giving a shit about that.

If some girl is going to brush me off because she's more interested in someone with swollen beach muscles than a guy who can do one-handed pushups, stand-to-stand bridges, and dozens of dips, she can go fuck herself.

I like Mark Sisson's approach to things, particularly that he's not rigid about scheduling or reps and rather says just to have fun and go with what your body tells you. Seeing as how the dude is also like 50 years old and fucking cut, I think I'll trust him. I also enjoy picking up huge rocks on the beach and heaving them into the water. It's a great way to start your day if you're traveling somewhere coastal.

I do:

Pistol Squats (works whole leg)

Pseudo-Planche Pushups (smashes front delts + triceps)
Chinups (smashes lats + biceps)

and then some lying lateral raises + tricep extensions with a couple of big water bottles, just to keep some vanity mass on my arms and shoulders.

Boom! Like violao says, keeps you strong and lean and holding some muscle. You'll never get hyooge, but you'll stay muscular and athletic. And it can be done literally anywhere and takes hardly any time.

Since I am taking fitness seriously now, I packed the book "Convict Conditioning" for last autumn's trip to the moon. (= Cuba)

At the apartment me and my buddy used part of a construction scaffolding to build a chinup bar. For the rest of the exercises in the book (squats, pushups etc.) we didn't need any equipment. (Dips can be done at the bottom of a staircase for example.)

Underrated book, imho.

Mreh.

You're better off doing hindu squats, palm squats, handstands, and judo and/or hindu pushups.

Do timed rounds. Those alone will rip you more than any other bodyweight exercises.

Have not been able to find good back exercises for no equipment.

You should also look up “Prison Workouts”. They focus on bodyweight exercises that can be done in a very short period of time. They do neglect lower body exercises, by only doing minimal squats. I believe its because they focus on need-specific training. Explosive triceps and chest muscles for punching power. Example -> http://sealgrinderpt.com/prison-workout/...tine.html/

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Quote: (01-01-2013 04:37 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Have not been able to find good back exercises for no equipment.

Pull-ups/Chins work your traps, lats and rhomboids intensely. So a pretty solid back workout I would say. Any pulling movement is back orientated.

Try finding a chair, your suitcase or a piece of furniture you can grip comfortably and do some bent-over rows.

Interesting video. Looks like a relaxing workout session.

I am more partial to Patrick Bateman's 1000 situps routine with an ice mask on if my eyes are a little puffy [Image: blush.gif]

I do something that I think was recommended over on Bold and Determined. In the morning:

100 push ups
100 squats
100 sit ups

Then you're primed for a bit of that cold showering.