rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Isaan Thailand

Isaan Thailand

Has anyone traveled around the rice basket of Thailand known as Isaan? I'm curious in members' experiences in this area and the following cities and/or provinces:

Korat
Sisaket
Ubon Ratchathani
Buriram
Roi Et
Chayapum
Khon Kaen
Kalasin
Loei

I know Udon Thani is a Farang factory, dont need to know about that.
I'm very curious and thank you in advance for any info!

Isaan Thailand

The only location on that list I've been to is Sisaket, so I'll fill you in on my experience:

I stayed in the area for 5 days, at a nice little guesthouse with a Thai girl I was seeing. We went to visit her family as they lived in Sisaket.

The majority of people here are VERY poor, but some of the happiest and friendliest people I've ever met. I ended up getting pretty liquored with a few Thai police officers one day (friends of the girls family) and had a blast. They told me they love 'farang women because they have big titties' lol.

Expect to have everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, stop and stare at you. Even more so if you are young and good looking. It's very rare for them to see a foreigner around here who isn't 50+ apparently. I literally felt like I had two heads or something from all of the attention I was getting. This could turn out in your favor as I noticed more than one cutie giving me the eye (could be fun snatching them up before they make their way into the bar circuits, heh).

I went to a few resteraunts in the area, mainly a Korean BBQ style place a few times and a nice little shack floating on a river. Probably the BEST food I ate in all of Thailand was found at these two places.

There's not a whole lot in the way of sight seeing if that interests you, one cool thing I did check out was a Buddhist temple that had been renovated and covered in about a million glass bottles/bottle caps. Was pretty neat.

Other than that, not much to tell. As for the other areas, maybe another forum member can chime in.

Isaan Thailand

Thanks for the info. I assume a lot of these other cities are similar. Definitely like being the only farang around. How is your thai language skill? I assume few people speak english. I'm pretty over sightseeing as well. If you've seen one giant Buddha, you've seen them all.

Isaan Thailand

I picked up in Pak Chong in Issan near Kao Yai... check LA bar there [Image: wink.gif]

Isaan Thailand

I was thinking about spending some weeks in a bigger city in Isaan that has universities and malls for picking up some cute girls. It's really hard to find information at the internet so is there anyone who has ever done this? I don't speak Thai, so I have to meet girls that can speak English.

Right now I'm really not sure if it's possible, because it could be hard to find English speaking girls and also girls that aren't too traditional to have fun with a foreigner after 1-3 dates without a promised marriage or whatever... That beeing said, I don't need to slay too many girls. I'm more interested in day- and online-game a few cute chicks and spent more than a night with them.

On the other hand, I think it must be possible in a big city with universities and some malls and the western foreigner value should be at least as high as in Cebu for example.

So what do you think about this plan? Any experiences? Which city would you suggest?

Isaan Thailand

Never been to Isaan itself, but one of my regulars in BKK was from there. I kinda fell for Isaan music. What impressed me about it is that it is almost impossible for me to reproduce it is kind of unpredictable as you listen to it, mesmerizes me. Not mentioning the hand movements.

https://youtu.be/-YEB502g2tM

The girl was kind of Chinese looking and very sweet and caring.

Isaan Thailand

Quote: (06-11-2017 02:50 AM)King of the Bongo Wrote:  

I was thinking about spending some weeks in a bigger city in Isaan that has universities and malls for picking up some cute girls. It's really hard to find information at the internet so is there anyone who has ever done this? I don't speak Thai, so I have to meet girls that can speak English.

Right now I'm really not sure if it's possible, because it could be hard to find English speaking girls and also girls that aren't too traditional to have fun with a foreigner after 1-3 dates without a promised marriage or whatever... That beeing said, I don't need to slay too many girls. I'm more interested in day- and online-game a few cute chicks and spent more than a night with them.

On the other hand, I think it must be possible in a big city with universities and some malls and the western foreigner value should be at least as high as in Cebu for example.

So what do you think about this plan? Any experiences? Which city would you suggest?

Just go there. What's the worst that could happen?

Try khon Kaen or Udon Thank

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Isaan Thailand

Quote: (06-11-2017 07:29 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2017 02:50 AM)King of the Bongo Wrote:  

Just go there. What's the worst that could happen?

Try khon Kaen or Udon Thank

Wasting precious time.

Isaan Thailand

Just go to Pattaya or Bkk, why need to go to Isaan? Too much hassle.

Isaan Thailand

Quote: (06-11-2017 07:24 AM)Vinny Wrote:  

Never been to Isaan itself, but one of my regulars in BKK was from there. I kinda fell for Isaan music. What impressed me about it is that it is almost impossible for me to reproduce it is kind of unpredictable as you listen to it, mesmerizes me. Not mentioning the hand movements.

https://youtu.be/-YEB502g2tM

The girl was kind of Chinese looking and very sweet and caring.

I'm sure you'll love this :

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

Isaan Thailand

Rural Thailand is a different kettle of fish to the tourist Poosey paradises loaded with Eurotourists.

Its much more the go for wife hunting or a cheap, boring quiet life.

Don't expect much English, and do expect to be a novelty and seen as the ATM.

Isaan Thailand

I met some quality traditional girls in isan that would make good wives. Also met sluttier types in college towns.

I think if you're after quick sex just sticking to Bangkok is better. Girls I met in isan weren't coming to my room from online. It took a little doing. And there's not much to do there. You'll get bored quick unless you're moving around.

Isaan Thailand

Spent a couple of weeks in Udon Thani last year but got so bored I checked out of my airbnb early and went to Bangkok.

Probably fun for a couple of days if you're travelling with a Thai girl but other than that I wouldn't bother