rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuba or Salvador da bahia?

After reading all this posts, I decided to leave Europe in 2 weeks and cross the ocean, so my question is which place would you recommend:
Cuba or Salvador da Bahia?
Till now I´ve heard mixed reviews. Some say Cuba is too peaceful to go party with friends others that in Salvador da Bahia most of the girls will ask you money after you talk with them for more than 5 minutes.
My first option is Salvador because it´s Brasil, but the idea of having a similar experience like the one I had in Riga makes me wonder.
There´s also Punta Cana, but the first two are looking better.
Rio was my first option but it´s too expensive for my budget, as for all other countries in S. America.

"a similar experience like the one I had in Riga"

Please elaborate.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

I was in Riga with 2 friends, so me and one of them picked up two girls in club Essential. They told us that the club was closing and we should go to another one. We went with them. When we arrived to the club it was closed, but just by "accident", there was a sleazy club next to it. So they told us: "let´s go to this one instead". When we sitted in this new club they started demanding for drinks. Of course me and my friends didn´t bought them any and decided to leave. When we were passing the exit door came a bouncer asking for around 200 euros. We said we didn´t had any drinks. The guy continue saying that we had to pay anyway. Lucky for us in the same moment a english pissed up stag group was leaving and the bouncer asked them around 500 euros each. They draw all the atentions to them, and we quickly left when the bouncer was not looking. We ranned to the hostel and didn´t looked back.
Of course others might have wonderful experiences in Riga, but I didn´t. I don´t like sex tourism. In Riga I couldn´t talk with normal girls because they would simply not talk back. We had to leave the town and go to the second largest city of Latvia Daugavpills to finally meet normal girls. After I´ve been there other friends of mine went to Riga. I told them they would be disapointed. When they came back they told me I was right, but instead of going to Daugavpils they went to Tallinn (capital of Estonia).
According to a friend of mine the north of Brazil is kinda like Riga. Girls see you as a walking bill. I don´t know if Salvador is the same...

Do both.

Quote: (09-05-2009 09:38 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Do both.

lolololol I wish...

Cuba is very controlled. The totalitarian government wants to keep tourists in the places they created for tourists to stay and the government does not like locals mixing with the tourists. The advantage though is that Cuba is very safe which Brazil is not. Yet you might not have the spontaneity that Brazil will have. Both have very rich, exciting cultures and great beaches. Food will probably be better in Bahia.

Even if I was allowed to travel to Cuba, I'd choose Bahia between the two.

Go Bahia. I hear real good things.

im not sure if you're intrested in soccer, but almost all of brasil's national teams games are in bahia, and they always have a professional match in bahia on wednesday, saturday, and sunday. so if you want to watch some soccer go there.

Bahia doesn't have Brasil's hottest women -- those are more in south (florianopolis, rio), but nice beaches, etc.

Cuba, research about it (dual currency, places to stay) before hand, but I've heard women are beautiful as well.

Well in the end I will go neither. I will start saving for Rio and hopefully in December or January I will set foot in that myth.
Instead been to cheaper Malta and Island of Sicily (hometown of Mafia). As a travel report I can say it was a budget holiday, more to relaxation and ocasional flirt. I expected more out of Malta as a beach party destination, but well it was already late September. A lot of spaniards and italians were in the island. Paceville is the place to party.
Sicily is the home of Cosa Nostra, the biggest Mafia organisation. Palermo, the capital of sicily is in a really bad shape, although the pizzas tasted heaven. You can see that Mafia besides all the myths, aren´t much than a bunch of bloodleaches that ruin society. The city of Bergamo (in the north italy)was actually a nice surprise, specially the Citta Alta.
I had a plan of visiting all countries in Europe till I was 30, but I´m starting to realise that countries seem to be repeating themselves. So it´s definitely time to move to further areas (priority South America).

Good decision.

Neither is good for gaming.

Salvador is very African ethinically. I did not see a single hot chick the whole time I was there.

Cuba, as has been said, is very controlled. Unless you have friends there who can invite you private parties you will be dealing with the pay for play scene. Cuba chick are smoking hot though.

Quote: (09-26-2009 07:36 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Salvador is very African ethinically.

So is Cuba.

Quote: (09-27-2009 02:01 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

So is Cuba.

Nah. Cuba is very mixed. More like Colombia.

Lot more mestizas.

Quote: (09-27-2009 11:07 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

So is Cuba.

Lot more mestizas.

Cuba is about 60% black. Most the white Cubans fled to Miami after Castro took over.

Quote: (09-27-2009 02:13 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2009 11:07 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

So is Cuba.

Lot more mestizas.

Cuba is about 60% black. Most the white Cubans fled to Miami after Castro took over.

I've met a few Cubans and they looked like mestizas, but granted they weren't living in Cuba anymore.

Good decision.

Neither is good for gaming.

Salvador is very African ethinically. I did not see a single hot chick the whole time I was there.

Cuba, as has been said, is very controlled. Unless you have friends there who can invite you private parties you will be dealing with the pay for play scene. Cuba chick are smoking hot though.

You didnt see a hot chick the whole time you were in Salvador? oh my god.Salvador is a paradise of hot looking women..you see many lightskin people in salvador, although is the black city of Brazil. Man im really shocked that you didnt see any hot chick in salvador..salvador is the shit, all day and all night. You could never compare Salvador to Rio, no comparison at all.

My wife is from Salvador, there are many beautiful women in Bahia. My wife is mixed race, dad black and mom Brazilian Indian. I met here in Vitoria and now we live in Rio. Lots of hot Baianas.

I just arrived there today, will stay 5 or 6 days.

Any tips on salvador about anything are more than welcome.

The Canadian guy working in the hostel is a beta dork and doesn't know shit about this city and nightlife. He gave me strange looks when i asked where the love motels are. Clearly he has never been to one.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

neil,

how would you break down the % of black and non black women?

Quote: (09-04-2009 09:08 PM)Pepini Wrote:  

After reading all this posts, I decided to leave Europe in 2 weeks and cross the ocean, so my question is which place would you recommend:
Cuba or Salvador da Bahia?
Till now I´ve heard mixed reviews. Some say Cuba is too peaceful to go party with friends others that in Salvador da Bahia most of the girls will ask you money after you talk with them for more than 5 minutes.
My first option is Salvador because it´s Brasil, but the idea of having a similar experience like the one I had in Riga makes me wonder.
There´s also Punta Cana, but the first two are looking better.
Rio was my first option but it´s too expensive for my budget, as for all other countries in S. America.

Given those choices I would do Bahia and see if I could catch a cheap flight or transportation to another city as well. Cuba would be my second choice. I wouldn't waste my time with PC.

Quote: (09-12-2011 07:01 PM)chefedemaquina Wrote:  

My wife is from Salvador, there are many beautiful women in Bahia. My wife is mixed race, dad black and mom Brazilian Indian. I met here in Vitoria and now we live in Rio. Lots of hot Baianas.

My Brazilian flag was a woman from Sao Paulo who's parents were from Bahia, she too was a mix of black, mestiza, and native Brazilian Indian, and she was hot as shit. She was definitely "black", but she had light skin, almost slightly Asian features (Brazilian Indian), and fat ass/tits.

If all the women in Salvador were that hot, I need to spend some time there for real.

It's interesting that Pitt loves Salvador so much, could this be because of an affinity for black women? Black women typically are my least favorite, but black women in Brazil are about 10X hotter than black women in the U.S. I'm like that motherfucker Big Pun, "I don't discriminate, I regulate any shade".

I have heard multiple guys on this forum say the women in Bahia were ugly though, and Roosh ragged on Salvador really hard.

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:14 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

neil,

how would you break down the % of black and non black women?

Cant tell yet, haven't left the hostel much, its raining now but i will go to the beach later today when things clear up.

At the bus station and streets yesterday, i saw only a handful of whities.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I just spent two weeks in Salvador. I'm not usually into black girls in America, but I saw plenty in Salvador that I wanted to bang. True, there's lots of busted chicks but overall it was pretty good. If you go to the nicer clubs it's a mix of everything white, brown and black so you can take your pick. I actually think that in the clubs the hottest girls I saw were brown and black, the white girls didn't do nothing for me though I usually prefer darker skinned chicks.

In two weeks I got one bang and three make outs and lots of crazy nights. Don't forget that there are a ton of Brazilian tourists from other parts of the country and they usually act crazy on vacation.

And it's hard to give a racial mix breakdown but if I had to guess I'd say its 40% black, 40% mixed, and 20% white. It is dependent on the area though.

Quote: (10-25-2011 10:50 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

I just spent two weeks in Salvador. I'm not usually into black girls in America, but I saw plenty in Salvador that I wanted to bang. True, there's lots of busted chicks but overall it was pretty good. If you go to the nicer clubs it's a mix of everything white, brown and black so you can take your pick. I actually think that in the clubs the hottest girls I saw were brown and black, the white girls didn't do nothing for me though I usually prefer darker skinned chicks.

In two weeks I got one bang and three make outs and lots of crazy nights. Don't forget that there are a ton of Brazilian tourists from other parts of the country and they usually act crazy on vacation.

And it's hard to give a racial mix breakdown but if I had to guess I'd say its 40% black, 40% mixed, and 20% white. It is dependent on the area though.

How was the safety issue, did you stay in the Pelherino (sp/?), or in the suburb Barra?

In Roosh's guide to the NorthEast, he made Salvador sound super sketchy and dangerous.

I've been to Rio and I thought the safety issues were over-hyped, can you shed some light on the scene in Salvador. Did you ever feel unsafe, did you walk the streets at night, etc.?

Haven't been to Salvador, but been to Cuba before. Good things about Cuba : very safe, very cheap P4P ( if you're interested in that), and it IS good for game if you speak some level of Spanish. I didn't stay in the resort, instead traveled around. It was god damn easy to swoop normal girls (not working professionals).

Will I go back again? Probably not because other than girls there are not many things to do there. Country is dirt poor, and too backwards for my liking. Washroom was down right the most disgusting I've ever seen.