rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tattoo.

Tattoo.

No tattoo is the new tattoo.

Tattoo.

I disagree. I don't even tell girls that I have tattoos. When you dress nicely and stylishly they expect one thing. When you get them in the bedroom and take your shirt off they get super turned on by them.

Team Nachos

Tattoo.

Quote: (02-03-2012 05:55 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I disagree. I don't even tell girls that I have tattoos. When you dress nicely and stylishly they expect one thing. When you get them in the bedroom and take your shirt off they get super turned on by them.

^ This.

I have only one tat that's visible when I'm wearing anything other than a tank top and shorts and that's the anarchy tat on the back of my right hand. The anarchy tat gets me a lot of attention and when the clothes come off and the rest are visible, it's definitely a panty moistening moment.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Apocalypse Cometh

Tattoo.

The whole "to tatt or not to tatt" debate is getting old. You're inherently worrying what everyone else thinks. If you want one get one, if you dont then dont. Stop focusing on whats "cool"

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Tattoo.

I'm gonna resurrect this in favor of tattoos.

I got my tattoos for myself and no other reason. When I got them I knew jack shit about game and was in an LTR. They're very meaningful to me, my biggest one is in memorial of my mom who died years ago. There's a very deep and personal story behind each tattoo. I don't have full sleeves, just a few tattoos going from my shoulders to elbows on each arm, by no means full sleeves.

If I had just gotten the tattoos to get girls to approach me it'd be worth it, it happens so often.

This might seem fucked up to relate my mom's death to getting approaches, but fuck it, knowing her she'd approve.

The past several months I've been working out hard again and getting some definition and bulk back. Between this, rocking shortsleeved v-neck shirts, and my tats, i've been killing it at my local venue. My last number close was a girl who approached me and said, "I like your tattoos, want to go for a smoke?" 10 minutes later she gets my number, leaves w her friend and starts texting me. This was an hour ago. Oh, she likes the tat? Hold on, let me pull up my sleeve real quick, oh yeah, see the whole piece now? "That's me, that's my mom, this symbolizes my relationship to her, she's passed on of course...oh no no no, it's okay, I'm a big boy..."

Yes it's fucked up, but I can see it in these girls' eyes, they fall for this shit like no one's business.

A few guidelines:

1) get them for yourself. Make it meaningful. I waited years to get any tats. It's extremely beneficial to have a meaningful story behind each tattoo, something that gets girls all doe eyed and shit.
2) keep it sparse and with plenty of negative space. It's easy to make out what it is if there's not some elaborate filled in pattern
3) work out your arms
4) spend decent cash on your tattoo artist. Get color work. This seems obvious, but this shit's on you for good. Make it count. Do a full year of research before committing.
5) start small. When I got my first tattoo there was a black guy in the booth next to me, getting his first tattoo, getting a GIANT fleur de lys all the way from his waist to his armpit, on the side of his body. Not only was he in agony the whole time, but wtf do you want a Saints tattoo that prominently for?
6) think twice about full sleeves. Seriously, only a very small percentage of guys can get away with it.

Other than that, I highly recommend it. Don't do it for bitches, but if you do get it done, it certainly has significant value in approaches.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Tattoo.

There is a better tattoo thread in the EE section thedude. You should copy your post and throw it in there. I would of never gotten any if I knew hipsters, soccer moms and college kids were going to destroy the culture. Man, things have changed a lot with ink since I got one in my boy's room with a pen and battery. Kind of makes me sad.

[Image: hipster-plugs-stay-gold-tattoo-Favim.com-203422.jpg]

Tattoo.

@thedude: you should have added "for the love of all that is holy DO NOT GET A FUCKING TRIBAL". Last time I was in a shop the artist was making fun of this group of guys that came in to get "tatted up". I said "let me guess, they all got tribals". He had to stop working on my friend because he was laughing so hard he was going to fuck up.

@houston: The culture is still there. It's just harder to tell who is for real and who is doing it to be trendy. Sort of like the way gaming has gone over the last decade.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Tattoo.

Quote: (05-10-2012 01:20 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

@houston: The culture is still there. It's just harder to tell who is for real and who is doing it to be trendy. Sort of like the way gaming has gone over the last decade.

And getting something etched permanently into your skin because it's trendy is pretty fucking moronic. These sleeved up 20 year old's are gonna feel pretty dumb when they are 40 wanting a nice guy to wife them up.

Note-I have one small tattoo that only shows if I want, so I'm not totally against ink.

Tattoo.

Maybe? In my experience the girls who do it to be trendy either go for the tramp stamp or some kind of anklet. The chicks that I have met that have full sleeves were pretty cool people. I would never fuck them because tattoos on a chick aren't my thing. Cool people nonetheless.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Tattoo.

Tatted up hipsters are not trendy?

I guess I'm getting old....

Tattoo.

No, tatted up hipsters are very trendy.

I laugh when girls say they like tattoos on guys "but only if it stands for something important in their life". Bitch, people weren't getting these bible scriptures and crosses 10 years ago. They were getting shit that looked cool and to scare people like you lol. I seriously want to punch tattoo snobs who don't even know how it was before ink blew up but are an expert because they have a cross and a retarded quote.

Tattoo.

Yeah go to Silverlake or San Fran and tell me what you see....yep, tattoos on hipsters everywhere. Even worse are tattoos that try to be ironic or funny.

I'm not gonna claim to be a snob and say mine are the shit and everyone else's sucks, but I do laugh when I see dudes with tribal or asian characters, or white dudes that go full force into the japanese koi/kabuki/dragon/samurai tattoos. Unless you speak fluent japanese, eat japanese food 24/7, and have a tatami room, why would you project that culture on your body, permanently?

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Tattoo.

Quote: (05-10-2012 02:24 PM)houston Wrote:  

I laugh when girls say they like tattoos on guys "but only if it stands for something important in their life".

Mine is the first tattoo Tommy Lee got.

Broad-"Why did you get that?"

Me-"We're built the same so it seemed fitting."

Broad-"uhhh, ummm"

Tattoo.

So how do we separate the real from the fake? How do y'all know who's really into the ink and culture and not just doing it to look cool?

Remember when tattoos used to scare people and how much people that were covered stuck out?

it went from this
[Image: mrchino-nd-midget-loco-picture.jpg]
[Image: 4612_8original.jpg]
[Image: Danny_Trejo_El_Mexicanismo.jpg]

To this
[Image: tumblr_lsew8ahdfq1qmrv75o1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lq7bvsv7DI1r1f506o1_500.jpg]
[Image: 6a00d83451d1d169e2014e86e4c600970d-350wi.jpg]

Tattoo.

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

I like the idea of tattoos as badges. If you've served in the military, or work out at sea, done jail time, been through some life changing or gnarly event that most of the populace doesn't deal with, I think it's worth sporting.

My own personal peeve is chefs with tattoos. Shit is fucking gay as hell, and I know I'd be banished from my industry for saying that because most chefs are sleeved up pretty well. Working in a kitchen is hard work, but this extreme rockstar persona of chefs is a load of horseshit.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Tattoo.

I agree. They always stood to me as a hard working person or a bad ass before they blew up. Pretty much someone who played by their own rules. Its un real how much they've changed in the past, what 8 yrs? I wonder what jailbirds who went in before the trend exploded and are just getting out think when they see a typical hipster dweeb with sleeves, hand and neck tattoos.

I never knew chefs got covered but I'm not surprised. I didn't know they were full of themselves like that either.

What's funny is all the new school, new age tattooed people actually look down on the people we just mentioned dude and their ink. Ain't that some shit?

Tattoo.

Quote: (05-10-2012 04:01 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Yeah go to Silverlake or San Fran and tell me what you see....yep, tattoos on hipsters everywhere. Even worse are tattoos that try to be ironic or funny.

I'm not gonna claim to be a snob and say mine are the shit and everyone else's sucks, but I do laugh when I see dudes with tribal or asian characters, or white dudes that go full force into the japanese koi/kabuki/dragon/samurai tattoos. Unless you speak fluent japanese, eat japanese food 24/7, and have a tatami room, why would you project that culture on your body, permanently?

I was a martial arts instructor for 8 years and I have a yin-yang with the 5 elements of Chinese philosophy going around it (unfortunately I learned about the creation/destruction cycle a year after I got the tattoo). The reason I had the elements done in Chinese is because it would look really retarded having the words written out in English. I guess I do have a legit reason to have the tattoo though, even though nobody sees them.

Tattoo.

Repost from other thread:

Men with tattoos though... most of them are idiots (and I'm an idiot for wanting to jump on that bandwagon).

At least where I live, the capital of Hipsterdom, I see skinny meterosexual men with tattoos whose inspiration comes from convicts or other dangerous characters. These guys are so not dangerous, even women don't feel threatened by them. But that's the thing you see: women love tattoos because of its associations... they see a tattoo, realize this guy could be dangerous = wet panties. In 30 years, that feeling is going to disappear because so many wimpy like men have taken on these tattoos. The association for today's badass tattoos will be with tomorrow's weaklings.

A tattoo is most effective, in my opinion, as a badge of honor and glory. Recognition bestowed by OTHER men for your DEEDS. Not some dumbass thing you award yourself so you can look tougher but still be a wimp.

Only princesses and other narcissists pin medals on their own chest. REAL men get recognition through their deeds from OTHER real men. This is they way it should be and society would be better off if we stopped this bitching about "believing" in yourself, and "loving" yourself for "who you are" (fags) and instead we rewarded what we as society agreed to be honorably actions and deeds. Fucking Disney.

YOU are unimportant. What you DO is not.

Fortunately, in the West we don't have a tradition for tattooing people for deeds done so this is all kind of a moot point. Spartans sent their boys out to kill helots or perish. We just waste a few thousand bucks on ink. Why the fuck would I waste money on painting my pasty-white butt with something that means NOTHING in the big picture. I hate myself for ever being so dumb as to think that'd be cool. But hey, I get older.

Actions. Not words. Not fucking paint on your ugly butt.

You want to look tough? Gym-time.

You want to feel good? Do right, to yourself and to others. Keep your commitments and promises, don't make them easily. Mean what you say. Put a lid on your dumbassery.

Actions.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Tattoo.

Are there any realistic looking fake tattoos? I'd be curious to temporarily wear some ink just to see if it has an effect on the lizards.

Tattoo.

Quote: (05-15-2012 10:09 AM)assman Wrote:  

Are there any realistic looking fake tattoos? I'd be curious to temporarily wear some ink just to see if it has an effect on the lizards.

I thought about getting a pair of these for shits and giggles.

Pull on sleeves.

[Image: 300-Brass-Knuckles-Tattoo-Sleeve-BK.jpg]

Pretty cheap but it could come across as try hard as I'm sure they are noticeably fake up close.

http://www.wildrosetattooshirts.com/

Tattoo.

Quote: (05-15-2012 05:34 AM)ElJefe Wrote:  

Repost from other thread:

Men with tattoos though... most of them are idiots (and I'm an idiot for wanting to jump on that bandwagon).

At least where I live, the capital of Hipsterdom, I see skinny meterosexual men with tattoos whose inspiration comes from convicts or other dangerous characters. These guys are so not dangerous, even women don't feel threatened by them. But that's the thing you see: women love tattoos because of its associations... they see a tattoo, realize this guy could be dangerous = wet panties. In 30 years, that feeling is going to disappear because so many wimpy like men have taken on these tattoos. The association for today's badass tattoos will be with tomorrow's weaklings.

A tattoo is most effective, in my opinion, as a badge of honor and glory. Recognition bestowed by OTHER men for your DEEDS. Not some dumbass thing you award yourself so you can look tougher but still be a wimp.

Only princesses and other narcissists pin medals on their own chest. REAL men get recognition through their deeds from OTHER real men. This is they way it should be and society would be better off if we stopped this bitching about "believing" in yourself, and "loving" yourself for "who you are" (fags) and instead we rewarded what we as society agreed to be honorably actions and deeds. Fucking Disney.

YOU are unimportant. What you DO is not.

Fortunately, in the West we don't have a tradition for tattooing people for deeds done so this is all kind of a moot point. Spartans sent their boys out to kill helots or perish. We just waste a few thousand bucks on ink. Why the fuck would I waste money on painting my pasty-white butt with something that means NOTHING in the big picture. I hate myself for ever being so dumb as to think that'd be cool. But hey, I get older.

Actions. Not words. Not fucking paint on your ugly butt.

You want to look tough? Gym-time.

You want to feel good? Do right, to yourself and to others. Keep your commitments and promises, don't make them easily. Mean what you say. Put a lid on your dumbassery.

Actions.

That all sounds great in theory and I more or less agree. But the results in from the streets? Yeah, tattoos work in my favor. When random girls at the bar come up to me and don't even say a single word, just lift up my shirt sleeve to see my tats, all that ideology kinda goes out the window.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK