rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan

Jordan

Just touched down in Jordan.

Anybody got info on Amman???

Nightlife recommendations?

Jordan

If Amman is anything like doha Qatar where I am in currently your best bet would be hotel bars at the fancier places. The downside is that hotels are $$$$$$$$$. Ridiculously expensive to frequent. As well shisha bars are very popular in the ME. Ask the locals where you want to go, in my experience middle eastern people are quite friendly.

Ps don't come to Doha. The nightlife is a sausage fest. Worse than those pictures of DC.

Jordan

Yeah, see if you can get into the bars/clubs at the fancy hotels, like the Hyatt, Hilton, etc. That is the only real option for nightlife where they'll also be females.

Most of the hooka places are just dudes smoking pipes all day.

Good luck, it is not an easy place, but it's still better than Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. haha

Jordan

Ahh... This city f**king sucks balls.

Couples only for any decent bar midweek.

Got into one place ... but it's $15 a f**king beer.

DON'T COME TO AMMAN.

I'm depressed I'm stuck here for the weekend...

Jordan

Just seeing this. I was in Amman last year. There's not much to do. There's one street where there's lots of hookah lounges and coffee shops, but it's mostly guys. Technically, Jordanians can be arrested for being with a woman if they are unmarried. There are bars, but the windows are blacked out and every one in there are dudes (drinking openly is not permitted and drinking in general is taboo). Not my idea of cool.

However, there is good food. Have yourself a few shawarmas and falafels with some shai (tea) and a hookah to puff on. It can be a pretty relaxing time. No chance in hell you're getting a Jordanian flag. If you need a release, hit up a hostel. Lots of Brits, Asians, and Aussies travel through Amman. You might also want to check out what the local couchsurfing community is about.

It's a shame the women there don't put out. The Queen of Jordan is one of the realest habibtis in the game!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie...80&bih=688

Oh, and on the cultural tip, DEFINITELY check out Petra! That's where Indiana Jones was shot.

Will you be traveling to Israel? Jordan is a friendly country so you can hop over from there over land. Hitting up Tel Aviv after a dry spell in Amman will be like putting a kid in a candy store!

Jordan

Alright I just asked my friend who studied abroad in Amman if he had any recommendations. I can't personally verify any of this because I've never been but this guy's my good buddy and I'll vouch for him. Here's what he said:

Quote:Quote:

La Calle is always good, nice company and atmosphere. Amigos is rowdier and cheaper, dive-ier. Books@Cafe is chill and has awesome food. All are on Rainbow St. Pregame with duty free booze or liquor store beer unless you want to spend a lot because drinks are expensive as fuck.

Jordan

Quote: (02-04-2012 10:20 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Alright I just asked my friend who studied abroad in Amman if he had any recommendations. I can't personally verify any of this because I've never been but this guy's my good buddy and I'll vouch for him. Here's what he said:

Quote:Quote:

La Calle is always good, nice company and atmosphere. Amigos is rowdier and cheaper, dive-ier. Books@Cafe is chill and has awesome food. All are on Rainbow St. Pregame with duty free booze or liquor store beer unless you want to spend a lot because drinks are expensive as fuck.

Rainbow St. is the place I was referring to with all the hookah lounges, bookstores, and coffeeshops.

Jordan

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:14 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

Ahh... This city f**king sucks balls.

Couples only for any decent bar midweek.

Got into one place ... but it's $15 a f**king beer.

DON'T COME TO AMMAN.

I'm depressed I'm stuck here for the weekend...

Been here for 3 days now. It's boring and shite.

Going to head for Aquba tomorrow. Avoid Amman like the plague.