rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dark circles under eyes

Dark circles under eyes

I won't waste time with the "eat clean / drink water / get plenty of sleep" stuff. Y'all already know that. Or should.

I've had dark circles under my eyes since childhood. Now I'm 54 and they aren't getting better.

Much internet searching led me to one ingredient with some level of clinical success: hydroqyinone.

I found a skin cream at Walgreens that contains hydroqyinone:

http://www.palmers.com/product/detail.ph...=178&SID=4

About $7 for the 2.7 ounce jar.

I've been using it twice daily for five weeks. I see results. Women say I look more rested and refreshed.

I apply a thin layer after my morning shower. Before retiring, I wash my face gently with a warm cloth and apply the cream again in a thin layer.

So far, so good, YMMV one hell of a lot.

Bill

Dark circles under eyes

Oh Boy I was just gonna ask the forum for advice on this, I've had these shits basically all my life and can't get rid of them. I don't have bags, but I have Dark below my eyes, dont know the word in english for them.

Dark circles under eyes

Same here. Not much of a concern as I'm young but I'd definitely like to ensure they don't get worse as I age.

Thanks for the tip!

Dark circles under eyes

http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2012/01/24/polaar-icy-magic/

Dark circles under eyes

I've heard that actors use hemorrhoid cream....

Dark circles under eyes

Dark circles is a tell-tale sign you're turning into a zombie.

THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE HAS STARTED!!!!!

Dark circles under eyes

Quote: (01-31-2012 02:47 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Preparation H reduces puffiness, but doesn't do anything to reduce the dark circles.

Dark circles under eyes

Quote: (01-31-2012 06:25 AM)DecoHappy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2012 02:47 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Preparation H reduces puffiness, but doesn't do anything to reduce the dark circles.

Yeah, read the instructions. You're putting Preparation H on the wrong brown eye.

Dark circles under eyes

I've battled dark circles my whole life. I've experimented with alot of different remedies.

After many years of trial and error, I have discovered the single greatest way to reduce and remove these ugly dark circles..

Go to bed earlier. Staying up after midnight really messes my eyes up. When I fall alseep before 10pm, they are just about gone.

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:56 PM)DecoHappy Wrote:  

I won't waste time with the "eat clean / drink water / get plenty of sleep" stuff. Y'all already know that. Or should.

I've had dark circles under my eyes since childhood. Now I'm 54 and they aren't getting better.

Jeez, I wonder why they aren't getting better?!?!? [Image: monkey.gif]

They will only change if you make a change to your routine.

The most important thing you can do to help dark circles is to get better sleep. (For most people)

But, as you say, you "won't waste time" with that stuff. Why not? Your 54 years old and your strategy is not working?

Why not try the most basic, fundamental, time-tested cure for your problem?

Food, water, sleep is to your body.....

what,

Gas, oil, coolant is to your car.

If your car in not working, you check the basic, fundamental stuff first.

If your body is not working, you start with the basic stuff.

You can't abuse your body for decades and then think you can go to 7-11 to buy some cream for .99 cents that will make it all go away instantly.

If it was that easy, we would all be beautiful.

If your can afford it, have cosmetic surgery.

Dark circles under eyes

Giovonny, that all makes perfect sense. Getting to bed at 10pm every night for me is an impossibility, not because I'm out getting fucked up and spitting game. Got work to do. I get up around 7-7:30 every am. I feel rested enough during the day but damn those raccoon eyes.

I wonder if that icy magic shit works for real.

Dark circles under eyes

Quote: (01-31-2012 12:38 PM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

I wonder if that icy magic shit works for real.

Is there any "magic shit" that really works.

Could you find some other time in the day to do your work?

I go to bed earlier and get up earlier to do my cooking and organizing.

I know its tough to do everything. You almost gotta choose between getting your work done or fixing your dark circles.

Priorities and responsibilities are a bitch.

I quit my full time job to have more time for myself.

Try the Earth Clinic...

Earth Clinic - Natural Remedies

Dark circles under eyes

Anything I've read said its due to iron deficiency. Eat more read meat. Try getting some sunlight too. If your face is very pale then dark circles will stand out. Get a tan.

Try taking Apple Cider Vinegar. It seems to cure everything. [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Dark circles under eyes

Mr. G,

Relax, brother. I know the basics and I assume everyone else does, too.

I sleep 7 hours per night, on average. I'm asleep by 10pm and wake at 5am. I've been on a CPAP for over a year.

I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, then 3 to 4 liters of bottled water over the course of the day. No soda or tea. Alcohol rarely and never more than two.

I still have dark circles. I had them when I was 24, ran 5 miles a day, dead lifted 2 x body weight for reps, and ate an exemplary diet. Thirty years later, I still have them.

Dark circles under eyes

I looked into this over the summer because I got sucker punched (and lost the ensuing fight, but no big deal) and ended up with a shiner around my eye. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as it gives me something to talk about, but my mother was visiting me in just a few days. My mother believes that my lifestyle is excessively dangerous and risky and often cries when I relate things to her that she doesn't approve of, so this was something I wanted to hide. I asked the girls at the salon for advice, and they recommended vitamin K at night to heal and to use the concealer during the day to hide it.

Vitamin K is useless. Caffeine is useless. Hydroqyinone is useless. There is no topical cream which can address dark circles under your eyes, period. The only thing you can do is improve your lifestyle (especially sleeping more) or pursue cosmetic surgery.

I don't say this just from personal experience, but from research. There is no research of any kind which shows that dark circles can be treated. It's all hype and marketing. I'm not sure why it's legal to sell products that make specific medical claims which are not at all validated by any sort of clinical study or peer-reviewed research, but since when have women been impressed by logic and facts? Some of the products can also actually make the skin around your eyes worse because they contain alcohol as a transport agent (e.g. the Garnier dark circle fighter products), and alcohol dries out your skin.

Concealer is just makeup, but it works really well. There are numerous concealers, just make sure you don't spend a lot of money on it and that it doesn't have alcohol (check Beautypedia). If you're self-conscious about your dark circles, just apply some concealer before going out. If you have puffy eyes, that's a problem caused by swelling (think about how black eyes work) and can be mitigated with an ice pack, Patrick Bateman style.

Dark circles under eyes

I'm 17 and i have dark circles under my eyes too. Everyday i wake up at 5:50 in the morning, so i don't have enough time to sleep because i don't feel tired at night.

I think i'm going to have heavy headaches and become insane. Today, i felt like a zombie. I'm not kidding, i wish i could get out of this self trapping mess. I sit too many hours a day in a zombifying process during school and when i get home, i go full procrastination mode.

Where is my magic pill? Oh wait, there is no magic pill for that -_-

Dark circles under eyes

Its just like anything in life. Greatness or mastery requires hard work, dedication, and commitment.

Wanna be rich. Hard work, focused effort, sacrafices, lifestyle adjustments.

Wanna be a great athlete. Hard work, focued effort, sacrafices, lifestyle adjustments

How do you think Roosh became Roosh?

A magic pill or cream?

I'm sure it was years of hard work and dedication.

Thats the only was I know to overcome a challenge or problem.

If you are searching for a magic pill, you are only exposing your own laziness and lack of knowledge.

Quote: (01-31-2012 03:35 PM)DecoHappy Wrote:  

ran 5 miles a day, dead lifted 2 x body weight for reps

How far you can run has very little to do with it.

How much you can lift has nothing to do with it.

It a question of sticking to your body's natural rest cycle. When your eyes start getting heavy and tired, close them and go to bed. If you fight fatigue and force your eyes to stay open, you are disobeying your body's natural rhythm and guess what happens? Your body has a negative reaction. (dark circles)

I sleep 7 hours per night, on average.

Not enough, try for 9.

Also, you might wanna see a dermatolagist and a nutritionist. Sometimes, its a food allergy or skin issue.

Or, it could just hereditary bad luck and you should just get cosmetic surgery..

Dark circles under eyes

I have slight dark circles under my eyes. I think it gives character, that I suffer for my art. [Image: smile.gif]

Dark circles under eyes

I think its safe to say (from what I've observed) that almost 75% of people have dark circles under the eyes, I see it so often and its so common. I haven't seen it much in girls though, I guess makeup really does wonders.

Dark circles under eyes

My dad had surgery. Wasn't too expensive, but you'll be wearing bandages / stiches for a few months.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Dark circles under eyes

I always found that gaunt look to be a cool and interesting feature on actors....

Perhaps a noninvasive procedure with laser treatment can be done...

Dark circles under eyes

Dark circles are notoriously difficult to treat.

One of the better products out there is 'Alyria dark circles'

Dark circles under eyes

Im curious. I always thought dark circles were just from lack of sleep, if there's treatments and all this for them is there something else that causes highly noticeable dark circles like that? (yes I saw iron deficiency)

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Dark circles under eyes

Quote: (02-01-2012 12:38 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

My dad had surgery. Wasn't too expensive, but you'll be wearing bandages / stiches for a few months.

What was the surgery called, and was it done with a plastic surgeon?

Dark circles under eyes

Thank you, Mr. G, for setting me straight.

Dark circles under eyes

When I was on raw food diet, I slept for 4 hours per day and it's enough. I didn't feel tired or sleepy after I woke up. After a while, I got sick of eating raw food, and switched back to eating normal, and started to sleep 8 hours per day.

Quote: (01-31-2012 05:04 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I sleep 7 hours per night, on average.

Not enough, try for 9.