rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WMC/Miami

WMC/Miami

Anyone going to be in Miami for the 2012 WMC?

WMC/Miami

MikeCF-

I have been to Miami tons of times, and the only time I hated Miami was during WMC.

However, that scene is not my steez. I sure some people dig it.

WMC/Miami

My friends have gone for several years. They are DJs, hardcore house people, know the DJs, know all the guys at Nikki Cabo/Miami, etc.

They are trying to get me to join them.

The videos they show me (my friends are male model hot/fitness models) are of the hottest women.

But my friends are more into partying, doing e, and not running game.

I'd rather run mad game at a polka festival if that's where the big game is, and my friends are more into just "being seen."

So I'm not sure whether or not I'll be there.

WMC/Miami

Quote: (01-30-2012 02:38 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

My friends have gone for several years. They are DJs, hardcore house people, know the DJs, know all the guys at Nikki Cabo/Miami, etc.

They are trying to get me to join them.

The videos they show me (my friends are male model hot/fitness models) are of the hottest women.

But my friends are more into partying, doing e, and not running game.

I'd rather run mad game at a polka festival if that's where the big game is, and my friends are more into just "being seen."

So I'm not sure whether or not I'll be there.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it can pay off if you have the right set up.

However, Miami is kind of like Las Vegas to me.

There are enough hot girls around and enough action on a regular tuesday night.

Adding a huge conference with people (and mad guys) from everywhere only makes it more difficult to operate.

Clubs seem more crowded, worse ratios. Restaurant more crowded/hassle. etc.

I know a lot of people that live in South Beach and Miami that avoid WMC all together.

Maybe Mixx can weigh in here.

WMC/Miami

Thanks for the info.

When I go out in Vegas (unless with friends, and just to ball), I actually hit up the bars on Fremont Street.

I'd rather run game at LVAC than XS.

So I'm feeling your advice.

WMC/Miami

I'd love to check it out, but that's mainly because I love house music and it's the place to be for one week if you love that scene.

WMC/Miami

There are a couple very cool things about the WMC, even if you don't go to Ultra. The first is the pool parties. Tons of hotels throw sick pool parties with awesome DJs during the day. And the women in bikinis are ridiculous. I have only been to the Mondrian, which is very slick and upscale, and Nikki Beach, which was literally the Jersery Shore, meaning strippers and meat heads. Not that Nikki Beach was bad, just not my scene. I have heard that the Gansevoort has a sick pool party, but I've never been.

The other awesome thing about WMC is just going down to South Beach, especially Ocean, and seeing the number of ridiculously hot chicks. Some of the most beautiful women in the world converge on Miami for that week, and the number of gorgeous women is absurd. You might not pull, it's a tough crowd, but it's worth it just to experience the sheer amount of hot women in one place.

WMC/Miami

I'm not a big fan of house music. I enjoy listening to it at certain clubs and certain types of house music, but I never listen to it at home or when I'm by myself. I'm not a big fan of WMC. There are so many E-tards in town that month, it kinda gets annoying. You'll see cats walking around at 12pm rolling balls. The best parties if you really like underground deep house are gonna be at the Surfcomber, the Shelborne, the Electric Pickel, Space, and I'm assuming Tree House. That's if you're there for the music. If you are there to pick up and party, the Shelborne and Surfcomber are still good options since they're pool parties. There's tons of stuff going on basically all month. WMC is 2 weeks and Ultra is about 2 weeks after WMC.

By the way to the poster above me... WMC and Ultra are no longer at the same time. And also, I'm gonna have to disagree with you that WMC weeks are the best for women. I'm not sure I could really say there is a BEST week for women in MIA, but it's definitely not that weekend, unless you are into E-tards. But even based off looks alone, still not the best. "Some of the most beautiful women in the world converge on Miami for that week."- Really? You think the hottest women in the world get together to go to ULTRA? I highly doubt that. Like G said, it's a pain in the ass to do anything during WMC or Ultra. I end up losing money to a certain extent at work too because they have so much shut down and it's so crowded. I'm def. not a big fan.

If anyone needs more info let me know. Like I said I'm not huge into house music, but a good number of my friends here are, and I went to a couple events last year. They'd definitely be able to give me some good advice, especially if you're going for the music.

WMC/Miami

WMC is a cockfest, and the other event should be renamed to Ultracockfest".

Mixx

WMC/Miami

Quote: (02-08-2012 03:30 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

You know what, looking back at the pool parties I went to, they were massive cock fests. The only reason I guess I really had a good time was because I already had girls there and we had a suite with a balcony over the crowd. We were set up good, but I remember looking through the crowd and thinking, "Poor dudes."

WMC/Miami

I'm curious to how it is for networking purposes. I know the house/dubstep thing is huge in these types of festivals but how so for Hip Hop/Electronica? I know a few years ago Stones Throw was down there with various artists from their roster, led me to believe more was going on than just a platform for house music.

WMC/Miami

Quote: (02-09-2012 02:31 AM)sine wave killer Wrote:  

I'm curious to how it is for networking purposes. I know the house/dubstep thing is huge in these types of festivals but how so for Hip Hop/Electronica? I know a few years ago Stones Throw was down there with various artists from their roster, led me to believe more was going on than just a platform for house music.

I would think WMC would be pretty good for networking purposes for house music. Though Dubstep doesn't seem to be very big here in Miami, definitely more house. There's a big hip hop culture in MIA, at least mainstream hip hop. Not as many into old school or underground. But hip hop isn't the focus for WMC. There aren't gonna be many hip hop acts at any of the parties.

WMC/Miami

Quote: (02-08-2012 03:30 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

Ha. Good one.

Yeah Mixx's take doesn't surprise me.

Every single person I know in Miami avoids these things like the plague.

Unless of course they are working at them trying to pull down dough.

And they all say if they weren't working at it, they wouldn't go.

That should say something.