rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

I really like Joe Rogan for introducing me to guests and subject matter I'd never come across normally. However, there's a great irony with people like him (and his avid fans) — they identify with Fight Club without realising they're what's being critiqued. Joe Rogan's entire being is basically mocked and torn apart by FC and he can't see it. Rogan THINKS he's some kind of zen individual, yet he's the full-sleeved consumer that FC targets mercilessly. We're all guilty of it to varying degrees, because consumer-capitalism is incredibly difficult to resist.

Gym memberships and protein shakes are my bug bear at the moment (I work in marketing in a related industry - you do not need anywhere near as much protein as you're being told), you can get in great shape at a fucking park eating a standard diet. And carrying heavy household items if you want to replicate lifting. Bodybuilding to look as close as genetically possible to Arnold S is a different story, but you get my point — especially if you're a fan of FC. I'm sure if Cernovich was still posting he'd launch a tirade against me, but meh — he'd swiftly change his tune, as would others, were they to be offered lucrative sponsorships by protein supplement companies.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread